Perfect Match | SOPE βœ”οΈ

By sopemoni

COVER BY MY ONE BRAINCELL CARA 🐷 (@Yoongidique) ❝The only thing I could think about was having his lips on m... More

Perfect Match
address to the citizens
part one: initium finis
initium finis | 1.0.1
initium finis | 1.0.2
initium finis | 1.0.3
initium finis | 1.0.4
initium finis | 1.0.5
initium finis | 1.0.6
initium finis | 1.0.7
initium finis | 1.0.8
initium finis | 1.0.9
intium finis | 1.1.0
initium finis | 1.1.1
intium finis | 1.1.2
initium finis | 1.1.3
initium finis | 1.1.4
initium finis | 1.1.5
initium finis | 1.1.6
initium finis | 1.1.7
initium finis | 1.1.8
initium finis | 1.1.9
initium finis | 1.2.0
initium finis | 1.2.1
initium finis | 1.2.2
initium finis | 1.2.4
initium finis | 1.2.5
initium finis | 1.2.6
initium finis | 1.2.7
initium finis | 1.2.8
intium finis | 1.2.9
initium finis | 1.3.0
part two: venit omittere
venit omittere | 2.0.1
venit omittere | 2.0.2
venit omittere | 2.0.3
venit omittere | 2.0.4
venit omittere | 2.0.5
venit omittere | 2.0.6
venit omittere | 2.0.7
venit omittere | 2.0.8
venit omittere | 2.0.9
venit omittere | 2.1.0
venit omittere | 2.1.1
venit omittere | 2.1.2
venit omittere | 2.1.3
venit omittere | 2.1.4
venit omittere | 2.1.5
venit omittere | 2.1.6
venit omittere | 2.1.7
venit omittere | 2.1.8
venit omittere | 2.1.9
venit omittere | 2.2.0
venit omittere | 2.2.1
venit omittere | 2.2.2
venit omittere | 2.2.3
venit omittere | 2.2.4
venit omittere | 2.2.5
venit omittere | 2.2.6
venit omittere | 2.2.7
venit omittere | 2.2.8
venit omittere | 2.2.9
venit omittere | 2.3.0
epilogue
alternate epilogue
author's note (revisited)

initium finis | 1.2.3

4.3K 371 271
By sopemoni

After eating, Hoseok and Yoongi decided to go for a walk. There weren't any complaints from anyone in the decision. As soon as they were done they walked together out of the restaurant into the pathway Namjoon had conveniently set up for them. 

"I missed being outside," Yoongi sighed."It has been a while since I last went outside."

Hoseok nodded."Well, you going outside wasn't on the priority list yet. You'll be able to go out more."

"I hope so," Yoongi smiled wistfully."I love being outside."

"How come?"

"Well, my parents always used to take my siblings and me anywhere they could afford. With all the money that the government would give my parents, it was possible."

In a second Yoongi was wrapped in his memories. The world dissolved around Yoongi. All he could see were his parents and all his siblings laughing, hugging, loving. He felt a small pang of sadness in his heart at the memory.

"What was that like?"

Yoongi paused for a moment, eyebrows furrowing in thought.

"It was home," Yoongi finally said. Hoseok nodded once, his questions answered."How about you? How was your family like?"

"I didn't have a family," Hoseok responded lowly. Yoongi's eyebrow raised at his statement. Hoseok looked at Yoongi's expression before continuing, "I was raised at the facility. My whole life."

That only piqued Yoongi's curiosity. If Hoseok had been raised at the facility, then how did he even appear in the Perfect Match system? Jimin had mentioned that the people residing there were runaways or ghosts. He'd have to have been registered into the system at birth in a hospital. Unless his parents ran away from their lives to live new ones, but that didn't make sense. If they had Hoseok, then their lives would have lived up to the standards of the government.

"A penny for your thoughts?" Hoseok asked. "You look like you're thinking very hard."

"It's just, you were raised at the facility. But to be matched with me, you would have to be registered in the Perfect Match system which is only done when one is born. Then, Jimin had told me that only runaways and the ghosts live there—"

Hoseok cut me off. "You're very observant Min Yoongi."

He smiled at Yoongi, but his expression was one of warning. His voice sounded light and carefree, but there was an edge to his voice, an edge that threatened to shut Yoongi up. Yoongi shook his head at him.

"Sorry I'm probably being too nosy," Yoongi mumbled sheepishly. Hoseok's stance relaxed, eyes softening.

"It's not you, you know," he said. "A guy's got to keep his secrets right?"

"Right. Of course. Who are we if we do not have our secrets?" Yoongi responded humorlessly. Hoseok nodded, glancing away from Yoongi. Yoongi frowned, sensing the sudden awkwardness between them. Was this not something he wanted Yoongi to know about yet?

They walked the street-lit path in silence. Yoongi silently cursed at himself. If he hadn't been too nosy, the conversation would still be going on. There wouldn't be tension between. Everything would be normal. 

"Hey, Yoongi."

Yoongi's head snapped up. "Yes?"

"Why did you say yes?" Hoseok turned to Yoongi."You know, when Namjoon asked about having a child. Why'd you say yes?"

"Oh, that?" Yoongi asked."Well, shouldn't we be doing everything we can if we're planning to overthrow the government?"

"Two weeks ago you wouldn't have been on board with helping overthrow the government."

He's right.

"Well, almost being killed changed my perspective." Yoongi half-smiled."I mean, the country that should be protecting its people is killing them as they see fit."

Hoseok stopped suddenly. Yoongi looked up at him, noticing the light of the lamp striking his eyes making them seem brighter than they normally were.

Maybe they were always like that. Yoongi just never noticed until now.

"I think we should kiss now"

His words instantly sent Yoongi's heart hammering. He knew that they were supposed to kiss, but right now? Couldn't it be later? They were just talking and getting along well. Why kiss right now?

"It's getting late. I'm sure Namjoon is waiting for us to do so." Hoseok shrugged."It's no big deal."

No yes, it is a big deal. A huge deal. This is a perfect match kiss! These were supposed to be different than any other kiss before.

Hoseok was watching Yoongi, lips tugging into a smile. He grabbed both of Yoongi's hands, facing Yoongi towards him.

"It'll be fine. Just one peck. That's all they need."

Yoongi nodded, taking a deep breath. Okay. You can do this. You can kiss your perfect match, he thought to himself. He shut his eyes, tightening his hold around Hoseok's hands.

At first, Yoongi couldn't feel him. One second Hoseok wasn't there, the next he was. Butterflies erupted from Yoongi's stomach as he felt Hoseok's lips on him, lips that felt as soft as they looked. A warm sensation spread throughout Yoongi's body, a yearning Yoongi couldn't quite place bubbling in him.

Yoongi felt himself respond to his touch. As if on their own accord, they met Hoseok's lips eagerly. Hoseok released my hands, hands cupping Yoongi's face as he deepened the kiss. Yoongi tentatively put his arms around Hoseok's waist, almost shocking himself when he noticed how well they fit together in each other's arms.

Hoseok was the first to pull away. Under the light, Yoongi could see his expression. Hoseok's eyes were dilated, his shoulders going upwards as he took in quick breaths. His cheeks were reddened and he looked at Yoongi with a look of wonder on his face. Yoongi's heart was hammering in his chest as Yoongi stared back at Hoseok, no doubt mirroring a similar expression as him. It felt like walking on clouds. One thing was for certain.

Yoongi wanted more.

His eyes trailed down to Hoseok's chest. Despite the clothes he wore, a faint glow could be seen coming from under them.

"They're glowing," Hoseok said, his voice dripping with wonder.

Right. 

Upon romantic contact, the marks activate themselves fully, setting in motion all the benefits to the Perfect Match system. They glow pink to represent the start of a romance, before going back to their regular state. The glow, however, lasts until both partners fully accept each other.

Until then, the bond that is shared will stop at nothing to finish the union that was started.

"They won't stop glowing until we-" Yoongi began, cut off by Hoseok's lips before he rested his forehead on Yoongi's.

"I know." he replied softly."But it won't be as strong as right now. We'll be okay."

"I will be. I don't have anyone regardless that I have to worry about." Yoongi pointed out. Hoseok sighed.

"I'll figure it out. Right now, another kiss feels needed." he smiled before leaning down once more, capturing Yoongi's lips in his.

In that instant, any worries went away. That was the effect of your perfect match. They could make you forget anything with a simple touch, relieve you of stress with a peck. Make you feel giddy, euphoric as soon as you sense their presence. Make you feel safe in their arms, at home.

But that type of connection also has setbacks. It wouldn't be long until negative emotions get in the way: jealousy, anger, and none of it looked pretty— especially in Hoseok and Yoongi's case, where there was on obvious person in the way.

"Thank you, you two!"

They pulled away from each other at the sound of Namjoon's voice. Yoongi released his hands from his waist and Hoseok stepped farther from Yoongi. A slight pang of disappointment ran through Yoongi at the sight of the separation, but he swallowed it, forcing a smile.

"These will be released tomorrow." Namjoon grinned in satisfaction."Tomorrow, the whole nation will know of you, so be prepared." He looked at his watch."It's late. Let's get you both home."

a/n: seven chapters until the end of part one. chapter 1.3.0 is my favorite chapter honestly hehe you'll see why pretty soon ;) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

708K 43.4K 108
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.1M 49.9K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
646K 14.4K 42
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.