Chicklit & Women's Fiction |...

By ChickLit

Chicklit Flash Fiction Prompts aim to bring you weekly writing prompts, to challenge your writing abilities a... More

Introduction & FAQs
Prompt 1 || Word Prompt
Prompt 2 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 3 || Word Prompt
Prompt 4 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 5 || Word Prompt
Prompt 6 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 7 || Word Prompt
Prompt 8 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 9 || Word Prompt
Prompt 10 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 11 || Word Prompt
Prompt 12 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 13 || Word Prompt
Prompt 14 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 15 || Word Prompt
Prompt 16 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 17 || Word Prompt
Prompt 18 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 19 || Word Prompt
Prompt 20 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 21 || Word Prompt
Prompt 22 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 23 || Word Prompt
Prompt 24 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 25 || Word Prompt
Prompt 26 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 27 || Word Prompt
Prompt 28 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 30 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 31 || Word Prompt
Prompt 32 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 33 || Word Prompt
Prompt 34 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 35 || Word Prompt
Prompt 36 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 37 || Word Prompt
Prompt 38 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 39 || Word Prompt
Prompt 40 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 41 || Word Prompt
Prompt 42 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 43 || Word Prompt
Prompt 44 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 45 | Word Prompt

Prompt 29 || Word Prompt

519 28 29
By ChickLit

Hello everyone and welcome to our newest prompt!

This week, we will be featuring a word prompt. You can interpret the prompt either literally or figuratively - the more creative, the better! Just please remember that your flash fiction entry can be only as long as a single comment (2 000 characters). And don't forget to have fun along the way!

*

WORD PROMPT:

WINNERS:

Please note that winners are nots listed in any specific order. You can read the rest of the wonderful entries we received in the comments section below!

***

WINNER 1: originalverbivore

I get a reassuring nod from Talia before she walks through the doors into the room on the other side. From where I'm standing, I can already see the flashing lights and hear the booming music. My heart is beating along with it and I can feel my body temperature rising, but I tell myself to calm down. Just a girls night out, like Dakota had said. One night, because I'd stayed inside too long already, according to Talia. I could survive one night.

Although my sweaty palms and racing heart told me otherwise. It had been easy to say yes when it had just been the three of us, but standing before the entrance of the party was something wholly different. And walking over the doorstep was a much higher obstacle than I had anticipated.

"Jane?" Dakota asked. Her voice came from behind me and I could feel her hand on my back, pressuring me to walk on. "There's a line forming behind us."

I nodded, and the blur that had formed around me disappeared, showing me the world in full colour again. "Right." But instead of going inside, I took a step to the side so people could pass by me.

Talia gave me a frowning look from the other side of the doorstep.

"Why aren't you coming?" she yelled.

Because of the sweat coming from every pore, my shaking hands, and my throbbing heart. Because of what was awaiting me on the other side--people packed together, loud music, the floor beneath you shaking, the lights flashing before your eyes. Just the thought of it--and being a step away from it--made every muscle in my body freeze.

"I just need a minute," I tell Dakota in her ear. Then, I walk in the opposite direction.

There's nothing more nerve-wracking than a party.

***

WINNER 2: Bash690

"Will you cut the dramatics Elie?" Jada grumbled from outside the stall. "It's just a harmless party, nothing is going to happen." I can picture her rolling her eyes.

"I really don't want to go out, J." I mumble, but I know she hears me.

"Can you stop, come out, it's Tina's birthday party and it won't be nice for you to be stuck in the toilet all night. I can still hear the music in the toilet, even if it isn't as loud as when you are in the club, but it's still loud.

"I certainly don't want to drink all night either. I fear that I would do something horrible and embarrass myself like last time." I say nervously.

"Oh come on, you won't." She says, I can tell she's getting impatient.

I sigh, do I really want to go out there? No. Do I really want to go home? Yes. But I'm not here on my own, I'm here for someone. Ok I'll go. I open the stall and Jada is already squealing.

"Yay, let's go party!"

"No I change my mind." I say as I turn back around to enter the stall. And she groans.

"Oh come on Elie, don't be afraid, you won't embarrass yourself, I'll make sure of it." She pleads.

"You sure?" I ask from the other side. And she mutters a yes in response, I walk out of the stall and she pulls me back into the club, the music getting louder and louder as we walk back, I close my eyes, I feel like I'm being pushed by party goers, I hold Jada's hand tightly so we won't separate, i re-open them and I see I'm in the VIP lounge. I look back down and I see the dance floor full with people dancing and grinding against each other.

"Come on, Elie, take a drink and let's go dance." Tina shouts over the music at me. She's swaying a bit, I'll have to keep an eye on her.

Well here goes nothing.

***

WINNER 3: letsnotforget_

Sophie is good at organizing, she really is. With her Master in Communication and that warm smile of hers, people are forced to listen.

But as she stands between a dozen balloons and black cables and even a colorful piñata hanging from the ceiling, Sophie isn't so sure about herself anymore.

At that moment, as the blonde looks up to her best friend, Aria who is enjoying herself by pouring more gin than tonic into the drinks, Sophie remembers something.

There is nothing more nerve-wracking than a party. Especially if you're the one trying to make what is essentially a big mess look like a birthday party. The small voice in the back of Sophie's head doesn't give her a break either, noting the blonde that today is the day. The day she puts on her big girl panties and comes clean to her friend Max, who hopefully will soon be something more than just a friend. No pressure.

"Can you stop pacing around?" Aria's big, doe eyes settle on her distressed friend.

"Tell me to stop pacing once my stomach doesn't feel like it's gonna turn over any minute," Sophie deadpans with big eyes and a hand around her middle.

"Don't be dramatic. It's only Max, you've known the guy since your face was one big zit," Aria grins at her friend, "He's still around after seeing that."

Sophie turns to bite her nails. If she wants to impress Max, everything needs to be perfect. Instead of perfect, the place only screams chaos.

Aria steps away from the makeshift bar, eyeing her friend.

"Relax. Max is one guy. If he doesn't see how amazing you are, he's stupid." Aria's hands on Sophie's shoulders provide a sense of comfort. "You deserve the world, babe, and if Max doesn't see that, you'll still have your friends, gin and tonic." Sophie cracks a smile when Aria shoves a cup filled to the brim in her trembling hands before Aria winks and cheers, "Who run the world?!"

Yes, planning a birthday party for your crush is nerve-wracking, but Sophie knows she'll always win with Aria by her side.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

240K 483 22
just some of my horny thoughts;) men dni
254K 1.4K 33
This is a mix of different animes that have smut in them
251K 38.7K 99
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး
145K 5.6K 12
2 tom dylogii ,,Agony"