A Villain's POV

By tyrapendragon

This is written from the perspective of the villain in the current stories I'm working on. Just a little exp... More

Signs and Proof
Fright
Approval
Addiction
Argument
Thoughts of Home
Food for Thought
Stolen Moments
Value
A New Approach
Discoveries
Music
Travel Plans
Who's Right
Tourist Trap
Arrival
Cheat
First Impressions
Tomorrow
Favorite Game
Different Talents
Bonus
It Hurts
Blood Magic isn't Easy
Hidden
Reality Break
Help Wanted Fast
High Impact Haunting
Ghost Trouble
Tension
Touched by a Ghost
Who's Bluffing
Rich Veins
Hit the Wall
In the Beginning
The Coin Toss
Odd Topic
Chicago Part 1

River

12 3 5
By tyrapendragon

Genevieve and company were on their way, but we had run out of time; Knox was chanting in Latin. Marva had run out of tricks. I could see that she was almost as drained as I was. I saw only one way to stop him from harming the Witch. It was likely to drain the rest of my energy. I wasn't sure what would happen if that happened. Hopefully Lily would come to lead me to the other side.

"I told Genevive that she shouldn't blame you," I said. "I've got to do something."

"Don't be a stupid hero," she said as I disappeared from view.

I faded out of sight and concentrated on Knox. With the eyes of a Necromancer, I could see the energy of the spirits flowing inside of him. I would have thought that he only held one person's energy at a time, but there were remnants of all of the people he'd killed. I could see an image of Sylvanie superimposed over him. I didn't have the energy to force the other ghosts into the world, but maybe I could draw on their connection to the Blood Mage.

"Spirits of the slain, I call to you. Justice is at hand. This murderer wants to escape us, but we can't let that happen. Use me as a conduit. Come and take back you energy."

For a long moment nothing happened. I was ready to join Sylvanie tormenting him and hope the two of us would be enough, but then I saw a mist form in the corner of the room. The mist became like fog and then it combined into a flowing group of spirits that came at me like the current of a river. It flowed through me and into Knox. I watched as hundreds of ghosts surrounded him and then pulled him under. This current was strong, but strangely I hadn't been pulled with them. It was as if someone was protecting me from myself. That's when one of the ghosts looked back at me and I saw Lily.

She spoke into my mind. "Still trying to save everyone at your own expense. I couldn't let you be destroyed. You still have work to do, Nick."

"You've got to be kidding me. I thought I got to cross over when I caught Sanders. That's what you told me," I said.

"Ah, but I'm afraid you're still his latest victim and you haven't caught him yet. Besides, when you cross to the other side you learn a lot more about things. Trust me, you've still got work to do and it's worthy work. So see you later, Detective."

With those words she rejoined the other spirits. I watched as each of the ghosts took a small spark from his body. The sparks shown in them like fireflies. It was a beautiful sight and almost made me forget what they were doing. I wondered for a moment what Marva was seeing. Then the spirits left Knox and flowed back towards me. As the first one hit, I felt energy returning to me. Each spark stayed with me as the spirits departed. When it was finished, I was stronger than I had been before, a lot stronger.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Sunshine By K B K

Fanfiction

388 0 47
This is the first creative thing I have ever done in my life. Keep your expectations low. This started as 5 bullet points and turned into this. This...
6.5K 120 19
I do not apologize if this ends up being mostly injury angst because I love writing injury angst :) Also, this is based off of the yt series by Ben B...
38.1K 925 16
Random stories I wrote about twisted kind of love, jealousy, pain, and horror.
3.1K 74 26
Hey there everyone! Okay I know, I had this book unpublished for quite a while since I wasn't confident with how I wrote. I was going to publish this...