breathe// 5SOS

Oleh 5sosxruel

SEQUEL TO FOREVER Getting better wasn't immediate, and that was frustrating. It created tension between fam... Lebih Banyak

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
Epilogue

18

1.3K 44 1
Oleh 5sosxruel

Ashton

We picked Ava up, heading to the supermarket. She was in a really good mood, which meant the day had gone well.

"Viola, you have to give this to your dad," she said, passing her a card. There was a painted heart in the middle, with oil pastels and glitter all over.

"Thankyou," she smiled, "we need to keep that safe at home,"

"Is it okay? Will he like it?"

"He will love it, he loves a bit of glitter,"

"Is that what you did today?" I asked.

"Yeah, Mr Carter sat with me in the back of an art room,"

"You could take that next year,"

"Maybe. I don't know. Is this a big food shop?"

"Yes, and we need to start choosing Christmas snacks. I'll leave you with that job,"

We got out the car, both of them reaching for my hand. I laughed and took them, Viola kissing my cheek.

"Can I push the trolley?" Ava asked, grabbing one and pulling it out.

"You can, no running off though,"

"The only time I run is when Luke makes me,"

I snorted and entered the shop, heading for the first isle.

"I had a good appointment,"

"I'm glad it went well, next time you see Lucy you'll be done for summer,"

"You're more hyped than me,"

"I'm ready for you to have a break,"

"We need snacks for this weekend," she said suddenly, "Please can we?"

"Of course, do you know what he likes?"

"I'm not sure, he said he doesn't usually have those things in his house,"

"Should I be giving it to him then?"

"Yes," she whined, "yes,"

"Okay then, get what you want but don't go overboard,"

As Viola and I filled the trolley with all the essentials and healthy food, Ava kept putting snacks in. She got extremely excited about biscuits, and all the special cakes. It was adorable, and made me so excited for Christmas as it was her first.

I was going to make it so special, and show her how important she was to us all.

"Dad, what are you wearing to pride?"

"Well I was hoping to steal some of your glitter, if that's okay?"

"Yeah," she said, "Did you get nice crisps?"

"I did," I smiled, "but we need healthy food too,"

"I know," she whined.

"That wasn't a dig, it's just something to remember when you choose food yourself. It's good that you now eat a proper sized meal,"

"You've made me sad,"

"Um, Ava," I frowned, "I didn't do anything to make you upset. You've chosen all your snacks,"

"Come on, you've had a good week so far," Viola said, "lets get home,"

"Please can we cook together?"

"We can do, or you could tidy your room a little bit,"

"Okay, ready for this weekend. Are we putting an air bed up?"

"We can do, or you could share your bed. Whatever you feel comfortable with,"

"Air bed, please. When can Sam come round?"

"Whatever day. I could leave you at home if you were with a friend,"

She smiled and took one of our bags, walking with a bounce in her step again. We loaded the car and got back in, driving home.

When we got there, Viola and I started tea, laying the table neatly without Ava's help at all.

Both of us were quite particular, so the apartment was always clean. Well, Ava's room wasn't, but ours was. She didn't have a care in the world where she threw things, because she knew where it was.

I think she enjoyed a little chaos, because it kept her on her toes.

While we ate tea, Montana came and curled on top of Viola's feet. Ava got jealous and called Milo over, who sat contently on her lap. Ideally, that wouldn't happen at the dinner table but I let it slide.

"Now, tomorrow we will meet you at school as soon as possible. We are getting off just before half four, so grandma will stay with you,"

"I'm a bit confused,"

"Okay, so, you will go home with grandma, then she will bring you back and wait until we get there,"

"Oh right. Harry and me,"- "Harry and I,"

"Harry and I are going to celebrate,"

"How?" Viola asked.

"Grandma bought special biscuits for us and we are going to have a big nap,"

"Not too big,"

"I know,"

"Because we need your input in this meeting as well. You need to tell us if you like the idea, or how we could adapt it a little,"

She sighed and put her cutlery down, the plate still fairly full. I waited to see I she was just having a drink, or letting it settle, but it didn't seem she was.

Viola nudged me and leant forward, getting her attention.

"Ava sweetheart, do you think you could eat a little more? Dad and I tried our best to cook this,"

"My tummy feels funny now, I don't want to speak tomorrow,"

"It will be okay, us two will be there as well as Mr Carter, and Mrs Lockheart,"

"What do I have to say?"

"We don't know, but nothing scary, and it can all change. We want to know how you feel,"

She nodded and picked her fork up again, playing with the food.

"Do you want something else?"

"A yoghurt?"

"No, you can't have a yoghurt until you've eaten enough tea. Do you want a sandwich instead?"

"No,"

"Eat up then,"

Viola and I spoke quietly until she was done, taking the plates away. Ava got a yoghurt and sat on the sofa, looking out the window.

In summer, the lake shone, and the trees looked welcoming, whereas in winter it was quite mysterious.

I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and kissed her head, feeling her relax. Her head flopped to my shoulder and she sighed, putting the empty cup down.

"We haven't had any time together for ages," she complained.

"Viola is here too though,"

"But just us two,"

"I know that's how it used to be, but it's changed,"

"But I want time with you,"

"Over Christmas, when I'm away, you can have that time" Viola said, "sorry you feel like that,"

"I love spending time with you," I whispered, kissing her. She smiled and put her head on my shoulder, my hand on her thigh.

"I didn't mean it to be mean, I just meant because I miss us doing things together, because I really love you,"

"I know, and we can,"

"Viola and I go shopping alone, so it's like that,"

"Ava, I'm not upset," she said, "I get what you mean,"

Ava wrapped her arms around me, burying her head in my shoulder. I rubbed her back and shushed her, cherishing the hug.

We had half hearted ones often, but ones that actually had emotion in weren't as common. I'd seen her grow up so rapidly, but to me she was still the little girl I met in the office. I was constantly alert, and ready to protect her.

"You're alright,"

"Thankyou for adopting me,"

Comments like that came from no where, and burst my heart.

"You don't need to,"- "no, I do. Thankyou, because you really saved my life,"

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

10K 589 44
You know that pain? The one you get when you have a hole in your heart? One from a loss, a loss of a loved one. An unbearable, painful one you want t...
singled Oleh A

Fiksi Penggemar

459K 9.3K 51
~sequel to doubled~ "I went from having a twin and a full- happy family to having fucking no one." "Who said you didn't have me?"
68.9K 2.1K 33
;an unplanned, fortunate discovery. That was it. Michael and Crystal fostered many kids, but the ones that stuck were a fortunate discovery. Five o...
25.3K 1K 40
SEQUEL to serendipity Michael always found there was a honeymoon phase after adoption. Kids behaved, everyone played together nicely, and everything...