Sex, Love, and Basketball *Bo...

By KarmyVolkevens

**Includes SLB Books 1 and 2** Sex, Love, and Basketball follows a groups of girls and a few guys on their jo... More

Introduction
1. Move In Day
2. Campus Tour
3. "Shopping"
4. Do I Know You?
5. "Is This a Game To You?"
6. I Deserve Better
7. "International House of Pussy...I mean Pancakes."
8. "I Know It Was You."
9. Daaaammmnnn!
10. Feel My Pain
11. One on One
12. Legal
13. Birthday Sex
14. Momma Don't Play (Skip to the very end of this ch.)
15. Just a One Time Thing: Part 1
16. Just a One Time Thing: Part 2
17. A Deal's a Deal
18. Why Her?
19. Needing Space
20. Making Up
21. Just For The Night
22. Faking It
23. Taking L's
24. Double Dating
25. Perfect Timing
26. Ex's and Oooooh's
27. Pizza and Chill
28. The Honeymoon Stage
29. "Hoemance"
30. Stitches
31. Saying Goodbye
32. The Jealous Type
33. Buzzer Beater
34. First Fight
35. Official
36. Head Ahh
37. "I'd Go Anywhere With You."
38. Exposed
39. Christmas Break
40. It's All Good
41. Sistah Sistah
42. Bad Timing
43. N.I.M.D.K
44. Christmas
45. New To This
46. Fighting and Cheating
47. Misunderstandings and Mental Breakdowns
48. YT People Sh*t
49. Chaos and Tragedies (Part 1)
50. Chaos and Tragedies (Part 2)
(Book 2) 1. The Perfect Couple
2. Awkward Situations
3. No New Friends
4. You Ain't Got No Nipples!!!
5. One Hundred Yard Suicides
6. Get The Strap
7. "Are You A Boy Or A Girl?"
8. Baggage
9. P.E. To The TT. Y
10. Break Ups, Makes Ups, And Things That Start With The Letter P
11. Explosions and....Proposals?
12. First Times and Goodbyes
13. Sebastian's Tree
14. Hypocrite
15. Cherry Pie
16. Match Makers
17. I Hate You
18. Number 22
19. Heat Of The Moment
20. "Eating"
21. The Silent Treatment
22. Meeting The Rents
23. Talk To Me
24. Parking Ticket
25. Ménage à trois
26. Ménage à trois (Part 2)
27. Three's a Crowd
28. Bad Idea
29. Recovery Road (Part 1)
30. Recovery Road (Part 2)
31. Family and Friends Day
32. Old Habits
33. First Fights and First Dates (Part 1)
34. First Fights and First Dates (Part 2)
35. Ghosting
36. Ambush
38. Group Hangout (Part 2)
39. The Kick Back
40. Millenniums

37. Group Hangout (Part 1)

409 42 38
By KarmyVolkevens

Excuse any mistakes or grammatical errors.

Daniella

"You don't have to go if you don't want to." I spoke into the phone.

"It's fine. If this is what it's going to take to get your best friend and sister to at least tolerate me, then I'll do it. How bad can it be?" Jade asked.

"What if they team up and try to hurt you or something?" I asked worriedly.

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't put it past Aniya and Jayla to plot to do something evil to Jade. They're not evil people, but they don't play about the people they love and they really really love me.

"I box. If you haven't noticed yet, they don't scare me. I can handle myself. And what's planned again? Bowling and going to the trampoline place? And then food? It sounds like fun to me. I think we should go to the trampoline place first and then bowling though. And the bowling alley has food so we could kill two birds with one stone. Is their third girlfriend coming? Does she hate me too-"

"Jade, you're talking a mile a minute." I laughed at Jade's rambling. She could really go once you got her going. It wasn't annoying though. I found it cute.

"That's the same thing your mom told me when I first spoke to her." Jade chuckled. "Is it weird that I sort of want to talk to her again? She's really easy to talk to and funny."

What is up with my mom and getting my girlfriends to love her so much? Well, Jade isn't my girlfriend, but you know what I mean.

Mya loved my mom. She wasn't my girlfriend either, but she was close enough. And Nadia loved her too. Damnit. I'm not supposed to be thinking about her. When I think about her, I start to miss her and when I miss her I feel bad for liking Jade.

"Dani, did you hear me?" Jade asked and I awkwardly cleared my throat.

"No, what did you say?" I asked.

"I'll have to call you back. My aunt is calling me." Jade repeated herself apparently.

"Okay. Talk to you later."

"Later." Jade said ending the call.

I sighed dramatically and went to Nadia's contact name. This isn't how it was supposed to be. We were supposed to keep in touch. I found myself looking back at our old messages. Just from looking at them I could tell the difference between when things were good and when they got bad.

I looked down at my ring and smiled to myself. Yes, I'm still wearing it. I wonder if Nadia is still wearing hers. I wanted to tell her I was still wearing mine for whatever reason, but I knew I couldn't. Things were different now. She's away and I like Jade.

Then again, if I text it to her, she won't see it. She doesn't have cell service so it won't go through.

I just started typing. It's not like she'll ever see it.

I accidentally started thinking about you again. I had to force myself to stop since you didn't respond to my last letter. I told you I loved you in it. The least you could have done was sent me back a four word letter. "I love you too." I would have gotten the message to stop writing if that was what you wanted. I spent some time trying to figure out why you stopped writing, but then I remembered the thing about timing that you said in one of your letters. I know now isn't our time, but not communicating with you at all makes it seem like it will never be our time. That's not what I want. I feel like a dick for saying that because I met someone else. The girl Jade I told you about, we're dating. Like we're going on dates and stuff. She's not my girlfriend. Not yet. And we've only been on one date. I'm not sure if we'll get to that part. I'm gonna find a way to mess it up. I can feel it. And it'll be because of you. Because I'm still in love with you. I'm still wearing my ring. I hope you're still wearing yours.

"What the hell am I doing?" I spoke out loud. "This is stupid."

I was going to highlight everything I'd written and delete it, but somehow some way, my finger hit the send button instead. I wasn't going to trip about it, but then it went through.

It felt like one of those times in high school when you sent your crush a really risky text. I had a weird feeling in my stomach and my heart was racing.

"Calm down." I spoke to myself. "She's not even gonna see it."

I threw my phone to the side and buried my face in my hands. I'm not even supposed to be thinking about her. I need to focus on Jade.

Eventually Jade called me back and we discussed our plans with Jayla, Aniya, and Parker which turned into plans with Jayla, Aniya, Parker, Chastity, and AJ. I wasn't really bothered by Chastity and AJ coming, but Chastity and Nadia are pretty close and I don't want anyone else having an issue with Jade. Chastity's not the type to start trouble anyway. So I guess I shouldn't be worried.

Nadia

"You're not explaining to me why I can't tell Dani. She's going to be so happy to see you." Chastity spoke with a smile that worried me. Maybe I shouldn't have told her I was back either.

"I don't want her to know. That's my explanation. That and she likes someone else. I don't want to ruin something that could be good for her. What if I tell her I'm back, we get back together, and things still don't work out? I at least want her to have the chance of being with someone else." I explained.

"I get that, but the whole point of the break up was so you could focus on getting better. Your issues never involved Dani. She just happened to come into your life while you were dealing with them. If you're better, why can't you continue to get better, but with her? There has to be another reason." Chastity probed.

We were at my house because Ro wasn't up for meeting anyone else. She's still adjusting to being outside of some sort of facility without having to worry about her mother. It's officially been a week since I've been home and I missed my best friend, so I had to tell her I was back. I couldn't go surprise Chastity because I'd run the risk of seeing Dani and I wasn't ready for that.

Well, I was ready to see Dani, I'm just not ready for what comes with seeing her. What if she's mad at me for not responding to her last letter? She's already seeing someone else. What if she doesn't want anything to do with me? Not to mention, Ro is scared out of her mind to see Jade. She hasn't even told Ms.Keri she's out of the MHRC yet and she tells her everything.

She hasn't seen Jade since they were fifteen and she thinks Jade won't want anything to do with her.

We're both scared. Besides, Dani and Jade obviously like each other and we don't want to ruin that. Well, I wouldn't mind ruining that because I don't want Dani with anyone else, but Ro doesn't think we should. She just keeps saying that if we're meant to be with them, we will be, but she's not putting in any effort for that to become reality. Faith without works is dead, isn't it?

To clear up some things, Ro and I aren't a thing and we never plan on being one. We're each other's form of comfort. We haven't slept together, but we do make out and cuddle from time to time. We like each other obviously, but we both know that we have different and stronger feelings for Dani and Jade.

This whole thing is ridiculous. The least we can do is let them know we're here. That way, they won't keep getting closer and closer. They're gonna fall in love if we keep hiding from them. Dani isn't a hard person to fall in love with. I know from experience. I want my damn wife back.

"Bitch!" Chastity said making me snap my head in her direction.

"So you're just gonna disrespect me in my own house?" I asked and Chastity laughed. She took my phone off of the charger and thrusted in my face.

"Look who's texting you!" She said with the phone so close to my face that I couldn't see it. That makes perfect sense.

I took the phone out of Chastity's hand and I could almost hear my heart beating when I saw Dani's contact name and that she'd sent me a text message.

"I told you not to tell her I was back!" I panicked and Chastity held her hands up.

"I didn't! I swear!" She said looking sincere.

"Just read it and see what it says." Chastity pushed and I did what she said.

Good thing my read receipts aren't on.

Why would Dani just text me out of the blue like this unless she knew I was back?

"She's still in love with me." I said after reading the message multiple times. I looked down at my ring and smiled at the fact that even after all this, she was still wearing hers too. I know she told me she would, but I figured that after I stopped writing back, she'd stop caring. Or atleast be mad at me.

"Well duh!" Chastity yelled making me jump.

"But how does she know I'm back? The only people that know are you, my dad, Malaya, and Raquel." I spoke with confusion.

"I don't think she knows. This is Dani we're talking about. She'd be calling you and me for that matter trying to get to you. She's done it before." Chastity pointed out, but I was still confused.

"So why would she text me? She knows I don't have service at the MHRC and wouldn't get it."

"Maybe that's why she texted you. She probably didn't think you'd see it. Maybe she just needed to write it for her own personal reason. You know how you write in a journal just to vent?" Chastity reasoned and I nodded my head.

"She said she's been going on dates with Jade, but she doesn't think they'll ever get together because of me. I didn't want to tell her I was back because I didn't want to ruin what she had with Jade, but if she's thinks it's going to get ruined because of me anyway, shouldn't I tell her I'm back?" I asked and Chastity shrugged.

"You already know I think you should tell her, but if you don't think you're ready yet, just wait."

"Wait until what? She falls in love with Jade and forgets about me?" I asked. "I want Dani back, I was just scared that she didn't want me and then there's something else."

"Something else like what?" Chastity asked narrowing her eyes at me.

I wasn't planning on telling Chastity about Ro, but she's my best friend and I really need advice on this.

"There's this girl-"

"You're cheating on Dani?! How could you?!" Chastity asked dramatically and I rolled my eyes.

"Dani and I aren't together, dumbass. You knew that already, so calm down."

"I know, I just felt like saying that. I'm trying to speak the relationship back into existence. As your biggest shipper, I think it's my job."

Oh Chastity.

"Well, there's this girl named Ro that I met at rehab and we like each other, but it's not like that. We're both stuck on someone else." I explained.

"So what does she have to do with you telling Dani you're back if it's not serious between you two? Tell her to find someone else to rebound with." Chastity shrugged.

"Jade is the person she's stuck on." I said and Chastity's eyes got wide.

"What kind of shit is that? You mean to tell me, you just so happened to meet the ex of Dani's current whatever in rehab? And you two have a thing that's not really a thing. I'm confused, Nadia."

I sighed and gave Chastity a more thorough explanation of the situation.

"I don't see the issue. What you guys want is literally right in front of you. You go get Dani back and she can get Jade. They're not dating and it's better to ruin what they have before it gets serious. What the hell are you two waiting for? The whole timing thing is bullshit at this point. You have the control now. Time's your bitch." Chastity spoke making me laugh. She was way too into this.

"Ro isn't ready to face Jade."

"Well tell her to suck it up. Waiting could mean ruining whatever chance you two have of getting your person back. Why wait? You're literally running from love at this point."

Part of me agreed with Chastity, but an even bigger part of me was afraid.

"Look, tomorrow, the whole gang is going to be hanging out. I say you and Ro crash it and get your girls back. If all fails and they don't want you, you and Ro can just date each other." She shrugged. "Either way, everyone gets someone."

"Ro and I have no interest in dating each other. We've already talked about this. We'll just be really good friends if anything.

"You mean friends with benefits. You and I are really good friends and I don't recall us making out." Chastity crossed her arms and I laughed.

"I mean we could have. You never asked. I'm pretty sure Dani would have been into it." I joked.

"Yeah right. Dani would have killed both of us."

"You, maybe. She wouldn't kill me." I spoke confidently.

"Nadia, you have company!" My dad yelled up to me and before I could ask who it was, my bedroom door opened.

"Why do I always meet your friends like this?" Ro asked and I chuckled.

"Chastity this is Ro. Ro this is Chastity." I introduced the two.

They greeted each other awkwardly and I turned my attention to Ro.

"How'd you get here?"

"Your aunts brought me." She stated plainly.

"Why'd they bring you here?" I asked.

"I asked them to. I was bored. I can't really concentrate on reading without you being there to annoy me." Ro said making Chastity chuckle.

"The disrespect." I shook my head. "Well, aside from that. I'm glad you're here."

"I'm glad to be here. I'm just gonna read though. Pretend I'm not even here." Ro said sitting in my computer chair and opening a book.

"I kind of need to talk to you." I said and Ro closed her book before giving me an expectant look.

"What's up?"

"I need to tell Dani I'm here." I said expecting Ro to panic, but she just shrugged.

"You say that as if something is stopping you." She looked confused.

"You need to tell Jade you're here too."

"With all due respect, that's not your call." Ro said already looking annoyed.

"We have to do this together. It's the only way to make sure that no one gets hurt. If we wait until they get serious-"

"Who told you to wait?" Ro cut me off. "If you tell Dani you're back and she wants to get back together, Jade will get over it. This isn't something we have to do together, Nadia. What you and Dani have going on has nothing to do with me. Just like what Jade and I have going on has nothing to do with you."

"Ro please." I groaned. "You've been hiding from Jade for three years."

"And that's my problem."

"What are you waiting for? I get that you're scared, but-"

"Nadia, I'm done with this conversation." Ro said opening her book.

Ugh. Stubborn ass.

"Ro." Chastity spoke to Ro and I gave her a look to just let it go, but she ignored me.

"Nadia, tell your friend not to say my name again." Ro said not looking up from her book.

"You really think I feel threatened by a coward?" Chastity spoke to Ro again and at this point I was just hoping that Ro didn't get mad.

"Excuse me?" Ro closed her book and turned so she could see Chastity.

"You're a coward. You've been running from this girl for three years and you finally don't have to run anymore, not that you ever did, and you're just going to keep making excuses? At least if she actually rejects you, you can stop wondering and move on. You're too stuck on her to start something new and too afraid to see if you even still have a chance. You're gonna die alone with the mindset you have." Chastity preached.

I was expecting Ro to get mad, but she didn't.

"Being afraid doesn't make me a coward." She argued.

"Of course not. Refusing to face your fear does though." Chastity countered.

"I don't want to meet anymore of your friends." Ro spoke to me and Chastity just laughed.

"Truth hurts, huh?" Chastity teased and Ro glared at her.

"When are we doing this? Telling them we're here, I mean." Ro asked and I was too shocked to even answer her, luckily Chastity did.

"Tomorrow. And there's no backing out, so don't even think about it. It's now or never."

Chastity's a pretty persuasive person. I'll have to keep that in mind.

"Okay okay. Nadia make your friend leave me alone." Ro pleaded and I chuckled.

"Oh no, I'm your friend too now." Chastity smiled big, revealing her braces.

"If I agree to be your friend will you let me get back to my book?" Ro asked and Chastity nodded her head.

"Fine. We're friends, now pretend I'm not here."

Ro went back to her book and Chastity winked at me.

"So how are things with you and AJ?" I asked Chastity and she smiled.

"They're great. She's great. She can be an asshole at times, but I'm used to it now." She shrugged and I laughed.

"And how's the you know what?" I asked raising my eyebrows and Chastity blushed.

"Otherworldly." Chastity sighed in contentment and I laughed.

"Good for you. I,on the other hand, am going through withdrawal." I admitted.

"Well once you get Dani back, she can fix that." Chastity smirked.

"If we can fix things, I'll be content with just sharing the same space as her. All the other stuff can come later."

"Other stuff meaning yourself?" Chastity asked and I rolled my eyes at her dirty joke.

"Okay, I take it back. Don't pretend I'm not here." Ro spoke after that.

"Did you hear something?" Chastity asked me and I rolled my eyes, but played along.

"Nope."

"Very mature. But Nadia, if you're going through withdrawal, I can help with that." Ro said making Chastity laugh.

"I can leave if you two need some privacy."

"She's kidding." I told Chastity, but Ro shook her head.

"I'm not actually. So Chastity, though it was great meeting you, Nadia and I would like to be alone now." Ro said getting up and guiding Chastity towards the door.

"I have to go anyway. Nadia, I'm gonna call you later for details. Nice meeting you, Ro!" Chastity spoke in an upbeat tone before leaving.

"Seriously?" I said looking at Ro and she just smiled before going back to reading her book.

"You're not really gonna help me with my withdrawal are you?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"Nope. We agreed that we wouldn't go past kissing. Remember?"

"Well can we at least do that?" I asked and Ro shook her head again.

"I'm saving all the kisses I have left for Jade and you should save yours for Dani. Since you want to them know we're back so badly."

Petty much?

"I don't want to kiss you anyway." I rolled my eyes.

"Good. The feeling's mutual."

Ten seconds, maybe less, went by before Ro put her book down.

"I might have lied." Ro said standing up and walking over to me.

"Same." I admitted before pulling Ro into a kiss.

We might as well make use of the time we have left with each other. Well, we'll always be friends, but the benefits won't always be there.

*****************
Ish gets real in the next chapter. 🤧

Thoughts on this chapter? 👀

Any predictions for the next? 🤔

Just a heads up. This book will be ending soon. 🥺

But, as I said before, there will be a third book. With that being said....

Do you guys want book three to be continued in this book or would you rather it be a separate book?

As always, thank you for reading! ❤️🙏🏽

COMMENT VOTE SHARE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 452 55
Being gay is hard. Like really hard. Especially for a socially awkward introvert like Queen, who grew up single for fear of being out there. When Que...
1.3M 23.5K 33
When Dana Thomas's parents get divorced, and her aunt and uncle pass away, her mother decides it's time for a change - just in time for senior year o...
388K 3.9K 8
Guns, Money, Drugs...Love? Disclaimer: THIS IS A LGBTQ+ STUDXSTUD BOOK AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE BOOKS BASED ON STUDXSTUD OR LGBTQ+ PLEASE KEEP MOVING B...
SPECTRUM By Rielledivi

General Fiction

61 3 15
It's a new year in Marymount Manhattan University, and the life of nine students intertwine in the most unique way. They're friends, or so they say...