His black jacket_on hold

Von sinfulpotato

"тнey were ѕo dιғғerenт. тнey were lιĸe one anoтнer'ѕ drυg, and coυldn'т geт enoυgн, ѕoon ιт woυld ѕтarт тo ĸ... Mehr

Prologue
Chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
Chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
not a stop, but a break

Chapter 1

63 2 4
Von sinfulpotato

Hey here's chapter two. From now on it isn't going to be from third person, it's going to be from Rose's point of view. Just clearing up any confusion...

                                  《●》

I am a complete, total, and utter moron. I haven't been here a week, scratch that. I haven't been here two days and my life has already gone to hell.

It all started a month ago when I received a call from Bridge High- the boarding school I have been dreaming over since I was little-saying I got accepted, full scholarship. I freaked out, my parents wouldn't stop gushing about it to all of my family.

We were prepared within a week after the news, it was great. My parents were always smiling and telling me how proud they were. I was proud of myself, all of the extra classes paid off sooner than I had anticipated. People always asked me if I ever got lonely being at the top of each class. And truthfully, I never did. I had to worry about my future and my dream. So I answered them with a simple shake of the head. I had done this and I was proud.

Fast forward a month. Me and my parents are in the car driving to the airport. We had to take twists and turns to get to the parking lot because I had three huge travel bags filled with my clothes, I would have had to have brought more, but the school said we could mail it all to the school and they would stay in my dorm until I got there.

The goodbyes were terrible, my Mom was crying about me being all grown up. Then my Dad was blubbering about how if any boy tried to ask me out while he wasn't there to inspect him, there would be one less guy in this world. They were like that for a good ten minutes before I had to remind them I would miss my flight. After that most of it was a blur of running around to find the terminal, and them crying every now and then.

How I got onto the plane was a mystery to in itself, but once I sat down i tried to fall asleep to the captains voice.

"Hello passenger's, we thank you for choosing our airline. We hope to have a clear flight though once we get to London the weather is supposed to be raining. Hope you all brought a jacket because it's cold. This is the captain signing out. Have an amazing flight. Oh one more thing the flight should last about eleven hours." Everyone on the plane started to complain.

Just as I was closing my eyes, I felt a kick from the back of my chair. I turned my head, only to see an eight year old red faced, and by the looks of it, about to scream. Great just my luck I would get stuck - kick- with a braty-kick- nosed kid. -kick-

I had an aisle see which was the only good thing in this situation, and the other two seats were taken by a couple. Soon the boy calmed down, my guess is he took a nap. But then the couple next to me started getting irritable.

"Did you pack the gift for my mother?" The man asked. With a sigh the woman looked away from the window and at the man that I think was her husband. "No, I told you clear as day before we left to get the things for your mother." She said straining to keep her voice even. "What? Are you mad woman? I never heard you say this to me." He said, a vain sticking out of his neck. "Harold! You did head me, it's just you were watching the telly again." "Well why didn't you tell me again?" "Because your mother is a hag."

By then the whole cabin was silent. "That's what she said about you the night before our wedding." Then the whole airplane was filled with a chorus 'ohhhh' and things of that nature. And right when the whole plane started debating over the couples life, the kid in the back of me started to kick again.

With a sigh I put on some headphones. Then I promised

to call my mom and tell her how greatful I was for the present. This is going to be a long flight.

~~~

The captain was wrong, it took eleven hours and thirty minutes to get to London. I only slept for four hours and fifteen minutes . And the other seven hours and fifteen minutes were living hell. I have come to a conclusion that you can kick when you fall asleep, because that's the only way that kid could have kicked my seat the entire flight.

When we finally got near the airport I was the first one to fasten my seat belt and put my chair in an upright position. Finally when we landed I was tempted to push everyone out of the way and be the first one out, but somehow I managed to stay put.

It was torment watching everyone else go first out the door, and I was left till the end. But I still stayed calm as I walked out and down the creaking hallway. But once I was out I ran towards the luggage claiming station. As I watched for what seemed to be an hour I couldn't find any of my bags. Not one. I was tempted to hang on to one of the bags and see where it takes me, like in toy story. But I wasn't as small as them so I'd probably get my fat ass stuck.

Frowning I walked around, maybe someone else took them by mistake. I walked but suddenly stopped in my tracks. There at the end of the hallway was a blonde haired girl with a similar looking boy next to her. And in the boys hand was a sign that read Mrs. Pierce.

My frowned depend, I didn't know that they were sending people to come and pick me up. I really hope this isn't like that one movie with the stupid chick who went traveling with her friend then got abducted.

I finally reached them when the girl smiled at me. "You're Rosalinda Pierce I presume." She said in an impeccable accent that made me want to ask if she could keep talking, but I didn't.

I nodded, "Yes I am." I said with a small smile trying to be friendly. "It's nice to meet you, I'm Georgia. And this is my brother Exavier. I'm your new room mate, the school thought to send me to pick you up. I hope you're flight was well." She said nicley. I do remember Emailing her once or twice.

"It was kind of long." I said not wanting to go into detail about the couple and the brat nosed kid.

"Well that's awful, but your here now. We should get going." Georgia said tilting her head a bit. "But I haven't found my bags." I said exasperated.

"Don't worry about it. I took them all to the car." Exavier said with a smirk.

I put my eyebrows together in confusion, how did he even know which one's we're mine?

Almost as if he were reading my mind he said, "Your school called your parents and asked how your luggage looked so we could find it." He said with a shrug.

I nodded as they turned and lead me outside. Then it hit me like mountain, it was raining down hard. I tried to get my backpack, when I remembered in my hurry to get out of the plane I left it under my seat. I didn't have anything really important in there just some random object, a mirror, a few dollars, but most importantly my jacket. I stopped in my tracks. How could I be so stupid? I thought murderously and kicked my foot on the ground.

"Hey what's wrong?" Asked Exavier. I shrugged "left my backpack on the plane, and I left my jacket in my backpack." I said slowly, then as if my day couldn't get any worse the rain started pouring down even harder. And I could have sworn I heard lighting. I heard him chuckle, I looked up to see him taking off his jacket and handing it to me.

I frowned, "It's ok, you can keep your jacket." I said embarrassed. He chuckled again, "I'm used to this weather, but your not. Now come on before sister dearest blows a fuse." Then In a blink of an eye he rapped his jacket over me the took my hand and pulled me to the car.

Georgia sat in the window seat, then I was crammed inside, finally Exavier sandwiched me by sitting down. Then all at once we lurched into motion.

"Did you leave anything else on the plane?" Exavier asked after we left the airport. I patted my pocket then my neck, "No, thankfully I have my phone and my headphones." I said with a small smile.

"That's good." He said nodding.

Then an awkward silence swept over the car, I looked over to the driver and saw that the wheel was in the right side instead of the left. I knew this of course but it's kind of cool seeing it for yourself.

"So Rosalinda-" "It's Rose." I corrected Georgia out of habbit. "Sorry, so Rose how long do you plan on attending Bridge High?" Georgia asked polity trying to make conversation.

"I hope to stay till senior year." I said excitedly. She nodded, " What grade are you in?" "I'm in tenth grade." I said with a shrug. "Oh me too." She replied grinning.

I smiled and nodded, "So, how long have you guys been going to Bridge High?" I asked.

I wasn't actually all that curious, but I hated awkward silence, I hate awkward situations in general. That's why I'm not really a "friend" type of person.

Both Exavier and Georgia's expression changed simultaneously. Exavier showed complete disgust. Then Georgia showed relative happiness.

"I don't go to Bridge High." Exavier spat out, almost as if there were a bad taste in his mouth. "I only came too help my sister. I am actually going to the Channel acadomy." He said with a superior look in his face.

"Exavier!" Georgia scolded, I could almost see her eye twitching. Almost like Tinker Bell. Actually now that I think of it, if Georgia put her hair in a bun she could pass of as the famous Disney character.

"Exavier got kicked out in the beginning of the semester last year. He has been a bit bitter ever since." Georgia exclaimed bitterly.

I was about to answer, but then the driver made a sudden stop. "Here we are kids." He said turning back to look at us. Then he looked directly at me. "I hope you discover useful information at this school." He said carefully. I scrunched my eyebrows together. "Thankyo-" I started to tell him as Georgia pulled me out.

"Wierd cab driver." She said rolling her eyes. Then she pulled me to the trunk and we each grabbed one of my bags.

When I turned the sight was breathtaking. The school had almost a Gothic church look to it, then in the distance I could barely make out the london Bridge.

"Much more beautiful than anything you have in America, yeah?" Exavier boosted with a smirk. "You should see the San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge. Now that's a sight to see." I said walking to catch up to Georgia.

We walked around for a little bit when I checked my phone.

1:47 am

"Oh my gosh. Is this really the time?" I asked starting to freak out. I showed my phone to Georgia.

She looked then checked her watch. "Yes." She said with a shrug. "Oh I'm so sorry for making you guys stay out this late to help me." I said feeling awful.

"Don't worry about it." They both said at the same time.

We walked for a couple more minutes in the pouring rain. Then finally we came to what I presume to be the dorms.

I would love to say how I scrutinized every detail of the dorm but in truth, all I did was have Georgia show me to my room where we all put my bags on the floor. There were boxes everywhere, and if I was fully awake I would have had a panic attack there and then. But I couldn't care less. I remember telling both Georgia and Exavier good night then crashing on the bed. Even though it didn't have any covers or blankets I slept like a baby.

---

When I woke up this morning I nearly had that heart attack that I had been postponing since I have arrived. I got out of bed and started to unpack all of the boxes of trinkets, photos, and poster's.

I was halfway finished, having gotten through everything but putting my clothes away, when there was a knock on the door.

I opened the door and Georgia was there hand midair about to knock again.

"Hey." I said nodding my head.

"Good afternoon, did you sleep well?" She said politely.

"Oh yeah I slept like a baby. Wait, afternoon? What time is it?" I asked frantically.

Had I missed any classes? Oh my gosh. It's my first day and I already missed classes. Oh my gosh. My parents are going to freak.

Seeing how frantic I was getting Georgia tried to calm me down.

"It's around six, but it's ok because school doesn't start till tomorrow. Okay?"

I breathed in slowly, then exhaled.

I looked at her, "Okay."

Georgia looked at me for a moment than bursts out laughing.

I squinted, "What's so funny?"

She was laughing, but abruptly stopped, "you have never read the fault in our stars?" She seemed to be in shock.

I sighed, "yes, but people were over reacting to much so I wasn't as interested when I read it. They made it seem like it was the best piece of literature out there. But It was Okay I guess." "You said it again." She said in disbelief. "That was one of John Green's best books, how could you say that?" She seemed almost offened.

"I'm sorry, it's just I'm not really into that type of genre of books." I said glumly staring down at my feet.

It was silent for a moment, I hated awkward silence it was my worst fear.

But then Georgia started to talk, "Well I guess we are going to have to tweak some of your likings." She said with a kind smile. "Anyway, I came to wake you and tell you about this school meading in the gym at eight so be ready, okay?" She said tilting her head.

Still looking at my shoes I smiled and slowly looked up, "okay."

Georgia shrieked and hugged me. "You know I didn't think I would get along with you, but I think we are going to be good friends." She said still hugging me.

I frowned, I've never had a friend. I was always the odd one out.

"I hope so." I said trying to sound cheery, but I must not have been trying hard enough because she pulled away and gave me a sad frown.

"Why don't I help you unpack?"

---

Two hours later and my whole room was unpacked, and Georgia gave me a tour of the dorm. Not the whole dorm, but our dorm room. I thought the room would be as small as a college dorm room. I was so wrong. Our room was the size of an apartment. We had our own kitchen - though it was a little small, but still a kitchen- and we even have a living room with a flat screen TV. How much more awesome can this place get.

When it was around seven thirty Georgia made me get changed, I obliged and dressed into a black tshirt, and dark jeans with some black combat boots.

Then as we walked to the gym she showed me some of the campus, and there was a lot to show. I still can't get over the archatecture, and where I was. It was all so unbelievable. This kind of stuff never happens to me.

When we finally reached the gym my head hurt, I was definitely going to get lost tomorrow.

We walked over to a group of kids who were waving Georgia down the second we walked inside.

"Hey guys this is my new room mate Rosalinda Pierce." "Rose. I go by Rose." I said trying not to sound irritated. "Yeah sorry, Rose this is Catherine." She pointed to a red haired girl picking at her nail polish. She looked up and smiled. "Then this is Elijah." She pointed to a dirty blonde who smirked at me. "This is Cameron." She pointed to the guy who had black hair glasses, and had his nose in a book. He looked up breafly to nod in my direction, then went back to reading. "They are a little weird but you grow to love them." She said smiling, then pulled me to sit next to her. I sat between her and Cameron. Then I looked at her.

Though I had doubts about Georgia, I'm kind of glad I have her. She may even be my first real friend. I feel so much better than I had yesterday. All worry had left me. This was going to be the time of my life.

But I spoke too soon.

Because without me noticing the whole gym went quiet. I looked around but nothing caught my attention. What was going on? Then I hear a shuffle of students, I look down at the doors and see a small group of students sinkering. What the hell? What's up with everybody?

I nudged Georgia who had also gone quiet.

"Who are they?" I whispered. She frowned, "That's the Honor Class. They pretty much rule the school. They are supposedly the most advanced, and skilled kids that Bridge High could find. But there isn't even enough people to be a class. There's about five of them. The blonde whore with a white blouse is Macy. The one next to her that looks geeky is her twin sister Becca, they exact opposites. Then the girl with dyed white hair is Chrisy she is kinda wierd. Then the guy in the black Polo with black hair is Peter, he sticks with himself. And finally the guy who is glued to his phone is Cuper ." She said each one carefully, but bitterly. I looked at them more closely. They all looked so different but they all looked like they were the same having fun and goffing around.

"Wait that only makes up four-" just then the doors opened again with a bang. Cold wind and rain came in. Then a dark figure came walking in with a hood. The silhouette roughly closed the doors the slowly made thier way to the group of rowdy teenagers. And almost as if it were in slow motion, the silhouette took off thier black hood.

It was a guy, he had messy black hair that looked like he just rolled our of bed, yet it looked perfect. His features looked almost Italian, and he had Icy blue eyes that cold make all hell freeze over.

When he finally made it to the group, I felt as if I had seen him before. But where?

"That's the seventh, the Honor Classes representative. His name is Eliot Nolan. Half the girls at the school have a crush on him. Even some guys I know actually." She stopped, "They are all different but they have something in common. They're trouble. If you are only going to listen to one piece of advice I give you its this, stay away from them they are dangerous, they don't associate with them for a reason. One kid tried to hang out with them, and the next day he was sent to the hospital. There wasn't any proof but when some kids went to visit him, he couldn't even breath by himself, he needed a machine to help. But even then he told them it was Eilot." Georgia looked like she was out of breath when she was done.

I looked back down at Elliot, I know I have seen him somewhere before.

"Did you even listen to me? Please don't get involved." She pleaded.

I was about to answer, but a group of what I presume to be teachers walked in.

Then a woman with red hair walked up to the podium. Wait I think that's Mrs. Cross.

"Hello students," She said " there are many new faces I see in the crowd today, and some old ones. I am the principal at this prestigious boarding school." After that I kind of zoned out, feeling as if someone was looking at me.

I looked around but everyone was looking at Mrs. Cross, like I should have been. But I kept looking around, though no one caught my attention. Then from the corner of my eyes I could see Eli, no Elliot staring at me. I turned my head a little so I could see him through my prephrial vision, and he wasn't staring at me. He was glaring.

By the end of the speech most of the girls noticed he was looking at me. Though they thought he was gawking at me, so pretty much half the student body was glaring at me. Great.

As soon as I got the chance I bolted out of there with Georgia and her friends.

"Ugg she was so boring." Catherine complained. "It was better than last year when she made us write a paper about out summer." Elijah shrugged then looked down at his phone.

My eyebrows knit together.

What time is it?

I went to grab my phone from my pocket but it wasn't there. The fuck?

I started checking all my pockets but it wasn't there. "Hey Georgia I'll meet up with you at the room, I think I dropped my phone on the bleachers." I said frantically.

She looked worried, "Do you need help?"

I frowned, "no its okay, I catch up in a bit." Then before she could answer I ran for the gym.

As I prayed to God the doors were still open I ran. And thankfully, they were. But as I walked in I had failed to notice that there was a lot of noise going on inside. Then I found myself face to face with the Honor Class.

I swear you could hear a pin drop, to bad I didn't have one to test out the theory. They all looked at me funny though, almost with a hopeful expression. All but Elliot, his blue eyes were mixed with emotions, swirling live a vortex. But they were really pretty. Wait what?

"Are you looking for this?" The blue eyed boy said holding up my red cased phone. He had the most impeccable accent that made me want to gawk.

I blew out a sigh of relief. I didn't lose it.

" Yeah, I am actually." I said smiling like an idiot.

He frowned, and stepped toward me. "You should be more careful, with things you hold dear, because if you don't they might just slip." Then as if on que he drops it, then as if it wasn't enough he stomped on it for good measure.

"Opps." He says not even trying to hide the sarcasm.

"Eliot!" The other honor class students yell at him.

I looked down at the broken pieces that were once my phone. I sighed, what the hell is wrong with this kid?

"That's a shame, it look ed d like a new phone too." He said smirking.

I took a deep breath and looked at his face, damn why did he have to have beautiful eyes?

"Look I'm sorry but do you have a problem with me? I don't know you, and you don't know me." I said trying to reason with the mad man. I stepped forward and stuck out my hand. "I'm Rose Pierce. It's nice to meet you." I said trying to make piece. Though I wanted to say it would have been better if you didn't stomp on my phone but...

He looked confused, but then composed hi is face. "I know who you are Rosalinda Maria Pierce." He said coldly. "We Honor Class kids have many, many, perks."

I froze up when he said my full name. Even Mom and Dad never called me by my full name.

"I go by Rose-" "I really don't care, why don't you go back to Texas or something." He sneared.

And that was my breaking point.

"Look you don't know me. Hell I don't even know me. What makes you think you can go around talking to people like that. Firstly I go by Rose, understand. Secondly I was raised in North California all my life, so get your facts straight. And finally, no matter what perks you have, you will never have enough information about me to talk to me or anyone like that. You don't know the troubles that anyone has to go through in this life. You don't know the pain that is felt, so how can you act as if your God Almighty." I was practically yelling, I wouldn't even be surprised if steam was coming out of my ears.

I closed my eyes and slowly started breathing through my nose, and out through my mouth.

After a while I opened my eyes, all of the Honor Class was staring at me with open mouths. And Eliot looked shocked, and maybe even guilty.

He looked like he was about to say something but instinct took over and, well I socked him in the jaw.

God that felt good.

Feeling proud I walked out, but just as I was about to close the door I heard a faint voice. "You are going to regret that. Now your life will be hell."

At first I was confused because it didn't sound like Eilot, bit it must have been. No one else has beef with me. But it didn't really sound like him.

I shrugged as I started to walk to the dorm. Then I noticed it stopped raining, I pulled my hood down when I noticed something. This wasn't my hood, this was Exavier's. Wow this is embarrassing, I'm still wearing his jacket. I'll give it to Georgia when I get back to the room I promised myself.

With that I started walking, then there was a huge puddle in the cement. And I looked at my reflection.

I have black hair to my waist, hazel eyes, I was medium wight, and I was 5.5.

I hate looking in mirrors to the point I made my parents get rid of all my mirrors. It's not that I have a problem with how I look, it's why I look like this. I can't stand the thought of not looking like my parents because they aren't really my parents. They are my adopted parents. And I hate having to look like the people who didn't want me in the first place.

I stomped on the puddle.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Weiterlesen