The Red Guardian (RWBY x Read...

By TSniper322

Y/N is out on Earth's Moon just doing a Patrol there. Things are going good and all until suddenly as you ret... More

Guardian Profile
What an eventful night.
The Interrogation
Ozpin's Speech/The Initiation
The start of something new?
Why I hate Cardin/Ghost's special secret.
New secrets/Torchwick...Again.
Volume 2
A Fun Day.
The Dance
Mountain Glenn/More Friends?
Volume 3
PvP
The Start of It All.
The Fall
Teaching the Newbies
Shield Bros.
Mini Cross-Over: New Weapons?!
Unnecessary Placeholder: Volume 4
The Beginning of a Revolution
Shooting the Messengers
Down with the Queen
Between Volumes: A Night with My Loves
Volume 5: The Beginning of the End...
After Red War: Fixing a Time Anomaly
Volume 6: Losing my Best Friend

A New Job

1.7K 26 42
By TSniper322

I was summoned over to the headmaster's office today for reasons that are completely unknown to me. I'll be figuring them out shortly. Hopefully, this isn't about me being taken out of the tournament. I pressed the buzzer on the elevator panel

Oz: Come in!

I walk in.

Oz: Ah... Y/N... good to see you.

Me: Likewise, Professor... I see that Goodwitch has joined us too.

Glynda: It's good to see you, Y/N. Listen, we have a job for you during this tournament.

Me: Please don't tell me that I'm being removed from it.

Oz: No. You're still in the tournament... we just have another job for you and another person during it since there's been rising suspicions of some of Salem's cronies being here.

Me: Who's this person I'm working with?

Oz: Have your Ghost look for the name Ironwood in our databases.

Me: Ghost, you know what to do.

Ghost: Searching... done. General Ironwood is the main commander of the Atlesian army. He has a lot of fighting experience and know a lot of military tactics. He's like you in a way, Y/N... except he doesn't have your powers.

Me: Great... good to know.

Ozpin: He appears to be arriving here with his students... take a look outside.

I look outside to see more than enough ships to account for a small army.

Me: That's a lot of bullheads.

Oz: He likes to come in announced.

Me: Some tactician.

Oz: Well... running an academy and an army makes him a busy man... but I will admit it is a giant eyesore.

A bit of beeping is heard from Oz's desk. Probably the buzzer from the elevator.

Oz: Come in!

Someone comes in... I am presuming this is Ironwood.

Ironwood: Ozpin!

Oz: Hello General.

Ironwood: Please... drop the formalities... it's been too long. And Glynda, it's certainly been too long since we first meet.

Glynda gets an annoyed look.

Glynda: Oh James... I'll be outside.

She then walks out.

Me: Jeez... what's up with her and you?

Ironwood turns to look at me.

Ironwood: I take it that you are my partner in protecting the area during the Tournament?

Me: Yes.  My name is Y/N... that's all I'll need you to call me by.

Ironwood: Do you have any military experience?

I get slightly annoyed and I flash my armor onto my body.

Me: Like this for instance?

Ironwood gets surprised by my armor appearing on my body.

Ironwood: WHOA! What about weapons? I'm still on the fence.

I make a throwing knife and Khvostov appear, then made all of my main weapons that I use float around me.

Me: You were saying?

Ironwood: Ok... I'm now deeply afraid of what you'll do to me with those weapons... remind me to stay off your bad side.

Me: Noted.

I flash my armor and weapons out of view.

Me: Anyway, what's the job? And another thing, what's this man doing away from Atlas?

Ironwood: Well... I am a fan of how Vale looks during this time of year. Plus... with Oz hosting this, it's a good time to catch up between friends.

Oz: While I do appreciate quality time with friends... the small fleet that is outside my window has me somewhat concerned.

Ironwood: well... Concern is what brought them here...

Me: I am well aware that there is a major issue with Salem and her forces... in fact, I think that there are a few persons that are with Salem's Faction/Cinder's Forces are here at Beacon. Hold on.

I sent out Ghost for a second.

Ironwood: What is that... and what are the blueprints for it?

Me: First off, there are no blueprints... second, this is my Ghost.

Ironwood: Come on! There's gotta be blueprints for that thing... it's mechanical!

Me: I said... there's no such blueprints. Stop trying to steal my protection device. Anyway... Any evil beings in the school, Ghost?

Ghost: My scans indicate that there is in fact a group of people here that do have connections with dark forces... A team.

Me: Oh great... we can't do anything yet. Damn!

Ironwood: Why can't we just throw them out of the school?

Me: They'll only move their plans that they have to later... we gotta make sure that these plans get stopped when their first revealed so that they aren't postponed. We can't let this continue on for years or months... or whenever they activate!

Ironwood: I don't get your logic on that... but I think that we will just have to go with it.

He starts to walk away then stopped at the elevator door.

Ironwood: Before I go... ask yourselves this... do you think that the children here can win a war?

Me: Look at who you're talking to here... I am a/an (age between 15-18) year old person who has defeated countless creatures by themselves... that and I am basically immortal. Want me to show you???

Ironwood: Please. Spare me the trouble of your lies.

Me: Heh. Let me show you a couple of times where I was almost killed.

I pulled out Ghost again so that he can play a video of Crota and his boss fight during Crota's End.

Me: That there is a god that could've wiped humanity off the face of the Last City on Earth... my planet. And me and a group of 5 others... killed it. The other guardians died in the process of killing this god... and I was the only survivor.

Ghost then played a video of me killing the Black Heart.

Me: This is also me when I killed another godly being that was for a race of robotic creatures known as the Vex... formed to fight for the Darkness. I defeated the three minds that helped support its existence, and it was destroyed by me... alone.

Ghost: He's more powerful than about 12 of your armies, Ironwood. Trust me... this world's in good hands.

Ironwood: One of you isn't going to be enough... even if you are as powerful as you say you are.

Me: I know of a few people that can help me... that is... if they accept the fates that they will have... later on.

Ironwood: Think on your decisions, Y/N. This will be on you if you fail us.

He left after that. Thank the Traveler for that, too.

Me: Oz... are we sure that we can defend this place if things turn for the worse?

Oz: I don't know, Y/N. I seriously don't know.

Me: Let's hope we can... I'll see you later so that we can discuss more about the defense for the tournament... as well as how this'll play out.

Oz: I hope so. See you later, Y/N.

Me: of course!

I leave after such... maybe I can see if I can talk to Neo for a bit.

Me: Ghost... I have a question... who's in that team that you talked about earlier.

Ghost: Give me one second... Oh no.

Me: What? Give me details, Ghost! I can't tell who they are!

Ghost: We have Cinder, Emerald, Mercury and an unidentified subject in that team...

Me: Oh shit... that's not good. Scan the unidentified subject again.

Ghost: Hold on... Ok... I got an ID.

Me: Who is it?

Ghost: I think... it's Neo Politan.

Me: Really?!

Ghost: Positive... it seems that she's with them for this plot.

Me: Oh god... whatever.

I start texting Neo.

(for this segment, Y will be You and N will be Neo)

Y: Hey Neo!

N: Hey Y/N! Wassup?

Y: Nothing much... I heard that you have started attending this school...

N: What makes you say that?

Y: You know my Ghost right? He found you guys out... I'm not going to do anything about it, but I want to make sure that you are only doing this because they are forcing you to. Am I right about this?

N: Yeah... I'm being forced to do this... any harm towards you or your friends is unintentional...

Y: Ok... thank Oum... I was just with Oz though... I might tell him about us two being friends... maybe. Unless you think we are closer?

N: I certainly think so... what do you think?

Y: I guess so too... what do you think? Wanna meet somewhere... like we're on a date?

N: Why not? Where do you wanna go?

Y: I saw a restaurant in Vale that we could go to...

N: Sure... when you wanna go?

Y: How about tomorrow at 7 PM?

N: Sure! See you then!

Y: See ya then! Bye!

I close my scroll and run off to hang in the dorm room for a while... I already know enough about the White Fang. I never turned off my listening device that I activated in that room... and they seem to use it as a meeting room... No one has ever found it... not even Torchwick or Cinder (even though I would guess that Cinder would know of it by now.) have found it. I guess the cloaking technology in it is doing its job perfectly... anyway, I know that they have the Atlesian Paladins in their ranks... I don't really ever have to check out the place... and I don't steal back the dust just so I can make my presence unknown.

Me: I seriously don't know what to do right now. Ghost? Check my Spotify/YouTube or Soundcloud for any good songs that I can listen to.

Ghost: Let's run through the lists real quick... How about Traveller first?

Me: Why not?

I decide to listen to this Drumstep track that was playing right now and damn, it was awesome.

I listen to music for probably 3-4 hours then in comes the rest of the team.

Yang: Ugh! We should have never let him play!

Ruby: Heh. You're just mad cause the new guy beat you. See, if you had just attacked when I told you none of this would have happened.

Blake started moving towards the door.

Me: Hold up, Blake. I know what you are after... and I'm not going to let you go out to do it.

Blake: Huh?

Me: Don't go looking for the White Fang... I've already done that enough.

Blake: I just... I can't believe how everyone can be so calm.

Ruby: You're still thinking about Torchwick.

Blake: Torchwick, the White Fang, all of it!

Me: Trust me... I'm as paranoid as you... that's why I snuck out every so often.

RWBY: Wait, what?!

Me: Yes... I did, in fact, go out every so often just so I can spy on them... and hey, I already know what they're planning... so you don't have to go hunting for them.

Blake: Why would you do such a thing?!

Me: I'm as paranoid as you... you may know the White Fang more than anyone else here... but I had the technology and time to put listening devices all over the place. The White Fang are, in actual fact, working with Torchwick and someone by the name... of Cinder Fall. Ruby, you'll recognize her as the chick that almost blasted you with flames when we fought Torchwick at the dust store. Anyway, they're trying to do something... I won't tell you what though since that's classified information. Only I know what these secrets are, and I only intend to share this with Ozpin later on. We have a tournament and we can't have this information getting out.

Ghost appeared out of my head.

Ghost: There's way too much information at hand here for any of you to comprehend, which is why we are keeping it a secret for now. We are not going to share it with you until la- ummm... wait. That signal that I'm getting is familiar... hold on...

I hear a beep... wait... The Speaker?

Speaker: Guardian... is everything alright?

Me: Yeah, everything's fine... What's wrong, Speaker?

Speaker: The Traveler has a gift for you. You'll know when to use it... just hang on to it for now. It'll transmat to your location shortly... keep it a secret for now.

I felt something heavy appear on my bed next to me. 

Me: I'll make sure that no one finds this besides the people that are in here with me.

Speaker: Good... I think we can maybe get Guardians with you shortly... maybe within the next month. Just hold out for now.

The signal then dropped. And I check out what was transmatted over to me. It was a long black case with the Speaker's sigil on top.

Me: Uhhh... guys... I'll be back in a moment... don't worry, there won't be issues with me running out. Especially since I'm not going out.

RWBY: Ok...

I walk out and flick open the catches that were holding the case closed, and I opened it. Inside it, there were 14 ghosts in it... all of them different colors. I instantly knew what this was about.

He knows about the Fall.

And he sent me a few ways to make sure that my friends will make it out of this situation.

Thank you so much, Traveller... I will make sure that I make you proud.

Me: Ghost! Teleport this onto my ship. I think we'll have some new guardians in the next few months...

Ghost: What do you me-... THAT'S THE TRAVELLER'S GIFTS?!

Me: Yes... He knows about what'll happen during the Tourney... and I think that he also knows what'll happen during it... there'll be 14 deaths during the events of Cinder... including her. I think I can maybe turn her to the good side if I play my cards right.

Ghost: I hope your right. Anyway, let's send this case over to the ship

The case disappeared off of my lap and into my hanger. It's locked without proper identification. And it only opens to me, Team RWBY and Team JNPR. I don't think Ironwood will try to open that hanger, let's hope that doesn't happen. Wow, I can't believe the Traveller would do that just for me and my friends! Does it really know there's a load of problems that can happen within the coming years? I'll have to figure this out later... for now, I can't change the fates that they will have during the Tournament. I decide to head back into the dorm room.

Me: Hey guys... How's it hanging?

RWBY: We're good, Y/N.

Yang: What was that case about?

Blake: What was that sigil on top of it about?

Ruby: Is it some weapons?!

Weiss: Is is some sort of dangerous thing?

Me: It's a secret for now.

RWBY: COME ON! TELL US WHAT IT IS!!

Me: Nah... wait for the right time, girls... For now, I'm keeping my mouth shut like a trap. So... please... hang on for a while.

RWBY: awwwwww

Me: Let's go to bed now. You've got a long few months ahead of you.

They all get dressed, apparently just stripping right in front of me.

Me: Uhhh... You do know I'm right here right?

Ghost: I'll save you guardian, just get on your bed.

I get in my bed and then my Ghost killed me.

Thank you, Ghost!

I spend the rest of the night dead for a bit, while my Ghost sends my regards and says good night to them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

752 6 15
Spoilers for Rwby and Destiny! Warning: Destiny 1/2 are not owned by me, but Bungie! Neither is RWBY, as it is owned by Rooster Teeth. The only thing...
2.6K 35 9
Y/n was an ordinary human being, that was before he came across a man who offered Y/n the chance to travel worlds he always thought were out of reach...
23.9K 496 8
(THE REMAKE).....Depicted as a assassin of death, a harbinger of things to come. But they call me y/n, a former student of beacon academy. Wanting to...
536K 4.9K 56
As the title says, different fandoms will react to Y/N. All of the fandoms mentioned in the story exist together in one world. Basically a crossover...