Not with a Fizzle, But with a...

By Sara_Reed

Christian Clark has made it his mission to stay away from Emerson Sinclair in the office of his company, Harv... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61 Part I
Chapter 61 Part II
Chapter 62
Chapter 63

Chapter 37

1K 6 0
By Sara_Reed

Dr. Fallon sits across from me, a wry look on his face.

"So what happened?"

I grind my teeth together as I pace across the room, "Did you enjoy giving her a task that was nearly impossible for me?"

"Nearly, implying that you let her touch you."

I shoot him a dirty look, "That doesn't matter."

He sighs, "Christian, that's a break through. She's the only woman besides Victoria that has ever touched you without permisison correct?"

I nod, looking at him, "She was awfully cautious about that too, did you say something?"

He nods, "It slipped, I didn't know that wasn't a rule with her, although I guess I should have known. She wasn't that surprised, but I know she wanted to respect your boundries just as you've respected hers."

I nod and look out the window, "The difference with Em is that I trust her, and I know she trusts me. Those girls usually trust me for the wrong reasons."

"Not for the wrong, for their right. But Emerson isn't one of those girls Christian."

I smile slightly, meeting his gaze, "I know. She's much more than that."

"I know, I can tell. But are you reminding her of that?"

I nod, "Of course." 

"Do you love her?"

I gulp, "No."

He smile slightly, "I've been waiting for the day you'd hesitate on that question. With every girl I've waited. Three damn years."

I frown, "Do you think it's possible for an ex-sub to become...obsessive?"

He eyes me, "Is one of them giving you trouble?"

I shrug, "I'm not sure yet. I'm trying to find out. Someone called the office yesterday and tried harassing Em and then someone was in the parking garage with her. I've ordered Wes to drive her everywhere from now on. I don't want her to be alone."

He nods, "That's for the best."

"Will you tell her that?" I sigh, "She tried arguing about it this morning after our shower and-"

"Our shower? She spent the night?"

I gulp, "No, I spent the night. It's happened more than once."

He looks proud, "Hmm and you don't love her?"

"Not like that."

He shakes his head, "Like what?"

"Like what you're implying," I growl, "I care about her."

"You love her in a friendship type way."

"I never said that."

"But you implyed it."

I sigh and breathe out in relief when his phone rings, he puts it on speaker, "Fallon."

It's Emerson Sinclair, I didn't by chance leave my phone there did I?

He frowns and looks at me, I turn to look at the couch, "It's not here," I say.

He frowns, "It's not here Emerson. You sure you didn't leave it at home?"

She sighs, I would have picked it up from my nightstand. It wasn't there this morning.

I frown, "It was there last night."

Christian? Ugh I'm sorry, I told that girl not to put me through if you were in there.

Fallon chuckles, "Hmm I may have told her that if you ever called during his appointment to put you through. My bad. But it's good because I have a question for the both of you."

Oh boy, she groans.

"How would you feel about coming in together to talk things through?"

What the hell would that do? I thought you were suppose to be smart.

I chuckle from her back talk, "I agree with Em."

"Of course you do," he remarks dryly, "I think it would benefit you both. We could discuss what you both really want out of this...relationship."

You mean contract, she mutters.

Fallon gives me a pointed look and I say, "We'll talk about it on our own."

He shakes his head, "I think that in order to have a level headed conversation you need to have a third party involved. With the attitude you both have...it could end badly without someone to level things out."

Emerson sighs, Attitude we both have? As if.

I sigh, "When exactly?"

"Tomorrow," he says.

Tomorrow?, Em questions.

He smirks, "Your playdate is tonight correct?"

I frown, "You told him??"

He's my therapist, of course I told him. You can talk to Victoria, or Davis, or Dr. Fallon about this stuff. I have Dr. Fallon. That's it.

"I don't talk to Victoria about this stuff. It's done."

Dr. Fallon looks surprised, "Then we'll all talk tomorrow. I think it would be good for Emerson, and you are interested in what's good for Emerson correct Christian?"

"Of course."

She sighs, Fine. Now I'm hanging up and I'm going to attempt to look for my phone.

"I'll check the car when I'm done Em. I'll see you soon." 

Okay. Bye.

"Bye," we both say in usion. 

When she's hung up Fallon looks at me, "You care about her more than you're willing to admit. You would never have agreed to that with one of those girls. Perhaps you're afraid of the feelings that are growing?"

"Terrifed," I mutter, "And she can't know. I don't want her second guessing herself just because I can't think straight."

He nods, "I won't say a word, but I'm encouraging you to."

I sigh and run my hands through my hair glancing at the clock, "Time huh?"

He nods, "Yes, but I will see the two of you tomorrow. Let's say four? Does that give you enough time?"

I nod, "Yes. She'll have enough time to pack before NYC too."

He smiles, "Ahh yes, NYC for a whole weekend without you. How does that feel?"

"Awful. I'm actually going to miss her."

He nods, "And I'm sure that by Saturday morning she'll find herself missing you as well. Even if she does need time to think." 

When Emerson walks into my office around one and I'm on the phone she frowns, "Hold on for a moment Brady."

I put the phone down and I pull Em into my lap, "What time is your last meeting?"

"It should end at about seven."

I cup her chin, "Then how about I pick you up for dinner at eight? I'll be working until then."

She nods and kisses me gently, "That sounds good."

She sighs as I kiss her, "I have to go."

I nuzzle her neck, "I know. Hmm Amour?"

She nods with a smile, "Yes please."

I kiss her nose, "Go on before I cancel those meetings for you."

She sticks her tongue out at me as she turns to go and I lightly smack her ass, "Don't," I warn.

She bites her lip, trying to hide her smile, "Sorry."

"I'll see you at eight."

She gives me a small smile before she shuts the door, when I pick up the phone Brady chuckles, So it's unlike you to put me on hold.

"Em was leaving, she's coming over later."

Oh. Oh uh wow. I expected that to happen sooner or later but I'm still surprised. Wait...you just called her Em! You're using a nickname??

"Let's just get down to business."

***Emerson***

When I hear Jude open the door I hear him say, "She was changing, some woman manage to spill coffee down the front of her dress."

"How?"

"I have no clue."

I walk into the kitchen and find Christian changed as well, he smiles at me and wraps his arms around my waist, "Hmm you look beautiful, but you shouldn't be pouting."

I sigh and frown, "It was seriously hot coffee. Burnt skin hot." 

He kisses my jaw and then nibbles on my earlobe, "Hm I'm assuming it was down the front of the dress?"

I nod and he smiles, "I'll make you feel all better later. Are you ready?"

I nod, "Yeah, I still can't find my phone though."

He frowns, "I know you had it last night. Did you try calling it?"

I nod, "Of course. It's no where to be found. It's not under my bed or nightstand, and it's not behind them either, I made Jude look."

He shrugs, "It'll turn up."

I roll my eyes doubtfully, "Well if it doesn't by tomorrow I need to pick up a new one Friday morning before my flight leaves."

He sighs and buries his face into my neck, "Friday is coming too soon."

"And the weekend will be over before you know it."

He sighs and I take a step back, I look up to see Jude shaking his head and Avery asks, "Hey Em? What time do you think you'll be home?" from my bedroom.

I bite my lip and Jude chuckles, "Babe I don't think she's coming home. No pun intended."

Christian punches his arm, "Not funny."

Jude smirks and shrugs, "I thought it was brilliant." 

Avery walks out into the kitchen and scowls at Jude, "Uncalled for."

He rolls his eyes, "Whatever."

Avery hands me my clutch and I look at her disapprovingly, "Really? That's the one you stick with?"

She pouts, "He's sweet."

Christian snorts and I smirk, "Oh yes, but from what I know he needs to learn how to tie a knot correctly."

Her jaw drops and she turns on him, and I gently push at Christian's chest, "Let's go."

He takes my hand and kisses it before leading me out the door, "Davis picked up your bag earlier right?"

I nod, "He took it during lunch."

He wraps his arm around my waist as he leads me to the elevator, "Good. So who spilled the coffee on you?"

I shrug, "Some blonde chick in the lobby."

He frowns and says, "I'm sorry."

I shrug, "It's fine, at least the stain will come out."

He kisses the side of my head as we wait for the elevator doors to close. He presses his lips against my jaw and says, "You have the earrings I gave you in."

"Yes I do," I smile.

He bites his lip, "You do like them right?"

I nod, "Yes, I love them. They're perfect."

He sighs and wraps both arms around my waist, resting his chin on my shoulder, "Good." 

"Thank you."

He nuzzles my neck, "Are you worried about later?"

I nod, "Well...not so much worried as nervous."

"Just remember you have a safeword Em. All you have to do is say it."

At dinner as I almost pick at my food he bumps his knee into mine, "Em can I ask you something?"

I look up at him surprised, "Isn't that my line?"

He smiles, "I suppose so."

"Go ahead."

He bites his lip, "What scares you about going into that room with me the most?"

I bite my lip and avoid his gaze as I look out the window at the street, "I don't know how to answer that."

He nods and takes hold of my hand, "Dr. Fallon made me realize that the trust we have with each other is different from what we've ever had with anyone else."

I nod, "He told me that too, but he added that it was stemed from our experiences with Victoria and with abuse in general."

His questioning gaze lingers as he says, "Abuse in general?"

I nod, "Yours was mostly physical, mine was equal parts mental, emotional, and physical. My mom was really unhappy with my dad, the way he treated her. Sleeping with different woman because she wasn't what he wanted in the bedroom. That's why I lived with my dad at first. My mom was the abusive one. She went to rehab and she's a recovering alcoholic." 

He squeezes my hand, "Why didn't you tell me that before?"

I shrug, "I only recently told Dr. Fallon, and I didn't know how to tell you when he suggested it yesterday. I was going to bring it up tomorrow."

He reaches up and strokes my cheek, "So can you tell me what scares you the most?"

I gulp meeting his eyes, "When my mom was drunk and she hit me, she was so into it that she didn't know how to stop. What if that happens?"

He shakes his head, "It never has and I promise it never will."

"How do you know for sure?"

He cups my chin and sighs, "Em, if you say blue, I will stop. It might take a second for me to register what you said, but I will stop. I'll hold you, I'll talk to you. We'll figure out what went wrong. That's all I can offer, unless you chose to walk away from me. But if you, I can't give you another chance at it. It's not...fair to you."

I nod and take hold of his hand, playing with his ring again, "So did you have someone look at the cameras for the parking garage?"

He nods grimly, "There wasn't an angle of her face baby. But she did look familiar, but they all looked alike."

I sigh, "So it could have been one of them?"

He nods slowly, "That's why I want Wes to go with you."

"I know," I mumble.

He sighs, "Now eat, you need energy."

I stick a bite of cheese ravioli in my mouth and once I've chewed it I say, "Is that better?"

He gives me an amused look, "Much better."

When we arrive at Christian's he leads me into the kitchen and pulls out a bottle of wine, "Red okay?"

I nod leaning on the bar and watching as he opens it up and takes out two glasses.

"Hmm wine at lunch, wine at dinner, wine after dinner. Are you perhaps trying to get me drunk so I'll loosen up Mr. Clark?"

He smirks slightly and shakes his head as he hands me my glass, "Only slightly tipsy Miss. Sinclair."

He leads me into the living room and sits down on the couch next to me, having me rest against his side.

After a few moments I say, "You asked me what I was worried about, and now I want ask you. What scares you about going in there with me?"

He looks at me a little surprised and clears his throat, "One, I'm afraid you're going to run. I'm not...me in that room Emerson. I'm someone completely different, and you need to know that. Two, I'm afraid I'll push you too far. Three, I'm afraid that if you use your safeword you won't want to talk it out with me. Talking is important Em."

I play with his ring as I say, "I'm afraid that if I do say it I won't want to talk, and right now I know I would want too, but..."

"You'd be too upset," he says slowly, "Look if that happens, we'll talk it out later. I'll wait for you to come to me about it. Okay?"

I look up at him, "I thought you didn't give second chances?"

He presses his lips together, "This is an entirely new situaiton for us both. The same rules don't apply here."

I nod and look at him curiously, "Why are you so scared that I'll run?"

His eyes look raw with emotion as he gulps, he stares at me silently for a few moments before saying, "Maybe I'm scared because you mean more to me than any other person. Those girls weren't part of my everyday life. They were merely visitors. Not even that. They didn't mean anything."

I bite my lip, "Christian...there has to be a reason you've never actually had anyone who worked for you as a sub. So why now?"

He bites his lip, "I promised myself a long time ago I would never fuck with anyone I worked with. Then you walked into my office for your interview. I was originally going to give you the job as my secretary. But I interviewed Jessica after that and because I wasn't sexually attracted to her Dr. Fallon suggested I give you the job as Grace's assisstant. He said that in order to keep my promise to myself I needed to distance myself from temptation, from you."

My face must show surprised because he says, "I guess you're wondering why I had you move up to my office then huh?"

I nod slowly, "Well...yes. And wait...does that mean I'd have Jessica's job now?"

He nods slighlty, "Yes, but I know you're capable of even more than that. Look I brought you up to my office to work for me personally for selfish reasons. Just as putting you down by Grace was selfish. And putting Grace there was selfish. She was only interested in sex, sex I wouldn't give her and I was getting tired of rejecting her every week."

"When you brought that contract up I hadn't seen you around the office for a few weeks, and then you came to the hotel for the interview and once Davis told me it was you I knew I couldn't keep you at arms length anymore."

"But then you showed up at the bar?"

He nods with a sigh, "I was only going to bring you up as my secretary. I knew I'd be moving Jessica and I needed someone who was good at their job. You were it. I didn't decide to pursue you sexually until right before my trip to California. Then I pissed you off, and on that trip I decided I would distance myself. But when you showed up...I couldn't stand it any longer Emerson."

I slip off my shoes and curl up next to him, "Why did you even hire me to work for your company if you knew it was going to be hard for you?"

He frowns and looks at me somewhat sheepishly, "Well when I ordered a background check...which I do for all employees, not just you, although yours was a bit more extensive..." he trails off and takes a sip of his wine as I do mine, "It showed that you didn't have much in your back account, but of course I didn't know about your real accounts. And it also showed you were roommates with Avery Cross which I thought was...peculiar and your grades in college were remarkable so I decided if I didn't hire you in the end it would be a loss to my company." 

I smirk, "That's probably true, Brady almost hired me, much better position too, but I took the job for your company because I thought it had more promise. I know a good businessman when I see one."

He grins shyly, "Hmm is that so?"

I nod, "Yes. My dad taught me a lot. I may not talk to him, but that's mostly because I was upset over Victoria. If he would stop talking to her, stop seeing her, I'd be fine."

He frowns, "Is that why you wanted me to stop seeing her?"

I shake my head, "That was more for you than it was for me. And one day you'll be thankful."

He looks down at his wine glass and then looks at me, "Baby I am thankful, I understand why you did it."

I peek up at him and he kisses me gently, "Are you ready?"

I nod meekly, my stomach clenching with anxiety, "Yes."

He smiles softly and kisses me again, "You can follow some rules right?"

I nod, "Yes."

He cups my chin and looks at me worriedly, "You can handle calling me sir?"

I bite my lip, "Yes."

"Yes?"

"Yes sir."

He sighs and strokes my cheek, "You have no clue how good that sounds coming from you." I bite down on my lip and he says, "No biting your lip either." 

I pout, "It's what I do when I'm nervous."

His gaze softens and he kisses me gently, "Just try to relax. And follow me." 

THE NEXT CHAPTER IS PURELY SEXUAL CONTENT. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO READ SUCH CONTENT PLEASE SKIP TO CHAPTER 39

Vote. Comment. Fan.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

268K 5.2K 21
When Ana found out she was pregnant Christian wanted nothing to do with her, not out of hatred but out of fear of becoming a father. As he walks away...
1.5K 20 46
Thanks to E L James for Fifty Shades Trilogy and your wonderful characters. Once again I am using some of your main characters. Anastasia Steele 18...
339K 9.3K 47
What would happen if Ana and Christian didn't get back together right away and, another man entered the picture? Let's find out, shall we?
424K 10.3K 56
"18-year old Anastasia Steele's world is shattered when her parents die within days of each other. Left with no money and no family, she is forced to...