When Two Anti-Socials Meet [T...

By Luigitails789

Tomoko was always alone, trying her best to make new friends, but never succeeding. However, when a certain b... More

[Prologue] - New Beginnings
[Chapter 1] - Greetings and Meetings
[Chapter 2] - Being There For You
[Chapter 3] - (Y/N)'s Hangout
[Chapter 5] - Rumors & Encounters
[Chapter 6] - Confrontation, Comfort, & Cuddles
[Chapter 7] - Love Complications
[Chapter 8] - Kawaii Confessions
[Chapter 9] - Cousin Kii-Chan
[Chapter 10] - Unpopular Together
[Epilogue] - Families

[Chapter 4] - The "Date"

9.6K 136 549
By Luigitails789

Legend:
(Y/N) - Your name
(S/N) - Sister's Name
(M/N) - Mom's Name
(N/N) - Nickname
(FF/R) - Fastfood Restaurant
(F/D) - Favorite Drink

===========================

(Your POV)

(S/N): Onii-Chaaaaan... Where are you goiiiiiiing?

Its 2:30 PM, and my sister was bugging me on where I was going. It was honestly getting really fucking annoying because all I had on my mind was Tomoko and I hanging out.

(Y/N): I'm just going out to hang with my friends. It's nothing special.

(S/N): Ehhh, but I wanted to play some Mario Maker Twoooooo...

(Y/N): I'll be back before you know it. Now leave me alone, you're annoying.

(S/N): (pouts) You make me sound like I'm sort of parasite.

(Y/N): (ignores (S/N)) Okay mom! I'll be leaving now!

(M/N): Okay sweetie, stay safe okay?

(Y/N): Of course, if I didn't I wouldve been dead by now.

I walked out the door from my house, heading over towards the direction of Tomoko's house. To be honest, I'm a little nervous to think what might happen on the date. Wishing for the best and not the worst, I determinedly walked over to the very familiar house in my field of vision. A smile creeped up to my face as I approach the household.

(Tomoko's POV)

My God I'm freaking out right now. (Y/N) texted me half an hour ago that he was going to come over to pick me up soon. I kept praying to whatever God I had left that nothing will go wrong. My stress didnt go unnoticed though.

Tomoki: Onēsan. Is everything alright? You seem to be having one of your episodes again. Also why are you all dressed up so casually? Are you going out?

Tomoko: S-Stop asking so many questions! It's making my brain hurt.

Tomoki: I'm just going to assume you're going to hang out with someone. Just be safe okay?

Tomoko: Thanks...

As Tomoki left my room, I looked in the mirror for the millionth time today. I looked in the mirror to see if I have everything perfect for (Y/N)'s arrival. Hopefully he won't find me ugly and leave me like all the other boys did.

Tomoko's Thoughts: I hope we would have fun today. Hopefully he won't get bored of me and my own little plan for our date. Wait... date? Why did I say that?

(KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK)

Tomoko's Thoughts: Oh no, he's here already??? Okay okay... Calm yourself Tomoko, all he wants to do is hang out. It's nothing serious... right?

I started to walk downstairs, with a sense of nervousness is crawling down my back. For some reason though I couldn't get the word "date" out of my mind. Opening the door, I see the familiar face that made my face grow a shade of pink.

(Your POV)

(KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK)

(Y/N)'s Thoughts: Okay, I got everything covered with a decent amount of money on me. Hopefully she'll enjoy this day I got planned out for the two of us.

I hear footsteps approaching the door, so I took a deep breath with a determined look on my face. The door opened, revealing the one and only Tomoko, her hair completely done. Her face turning from peach to pink, probably from embarrassment.

(Y/N): Cute...

Tomoko: W-What?!

(Y/N): Ah! S-Shit did I said that out loud?

Tomoko: ...

(Y/N)'s Thoughts: Great job dumbass! Now shes gonna think you're a creepy person!

(Y/N): I-I mean, you look great Tomoko! Your hair looks amazing so it caught me off guard.

Tomoko: Thanks...

Tomoko's face has now turned to a deep shade of red. I rubbed the back of my neck, knowing I was the one who made things extremely awkward.

(Y/N): Hehe, umm... So you ready to go?

Tomoko: Yeah, I already told my mom that I was heading out, so let's go.

(Y/N): Alright!

(Play this to create an atmosphere)

As Tomoko closed the door, we walked along the sidewalk towards the populated district. Cars passed by, people chatted, lots of noise could be heard from pretty much everywhere you go. Tomoko looked at at me in curiosity.

Tomoko: So where are we going exactly?

(Y/N): Somewhere pretty cool that I go on my spare time. We're almost there actually.

I feel excitement as a giant building sets into my view. Giant letters were on the front of the store, spelling out;

Kats' Comics & Morgan's Mangas

Looking over at Tomoko's reaction, I see her eyes starting to sparkle with joy and excitement. I smiled, knowing that Tomoko would like a place like this. We approached the building, seeing a couple employees cosplaying as different characters from comics and manga. Nice touch for the atmosphere if I don't say so myself. Seeing the entrance door, I sped towards it and opened it.

(Y/N): After you m'lady.

Tomoko: Jeez you can act so corny sometimes.

(Y/N): Hey, I won't deny that fact.

As we entered, the room looks so expanded unlike the outside. I feel like I was on an acid trip on manga and books as I looked around. They have literally so much that I start to wonder how this place isn't more popular than it already is.

Tomoko: Dude what the hell is this? How have I not known this place before?

(Y/N): I know it's pretty weird. Alot of my friends never heard about this place either. It's kinda sad though, they put alot of effort into putting life into this place.

Tomoko: Well they found themselves a new customer, they peaked my interest of this place.

(Y/N): (smiling) That's good to hear. Oh look at that! Is that a new volume of The Promised Neverland?!

Tomoko: Really?! Where???

(Timeskip brought to you by a Chibi Tomoko and (Y/N) watching OPM season two together.)

After an got a decent amount of manga that we bought. Seeing her satisfied, we both walked out of the store, me holding all the manga we bought.

Tomoko: Well now I have a new favorite store.

(Y/N): (laughs) Hahaha, I knew you might like it.

Tomoko: Hell yeah I do! I should come back over there soon to get that amazing Toradora poster that I saw.

(Y/N): You should've told me, I could've bought one for you.

Tomoko: I didn't want you to spend so much money, you did buy all most of those manga for me.

(Y/N): Tomoko it's fine, really. I wouldn't mind buying it for you.

Tomoko: R-Really?

(Y/N): Yeah, really.

A growl could then be heard. I turned over to Tomoko's direction, and she has her head down, slightly red in embarrassment. Smiling to myself, I looked at her with sympathetic eyes.

(Y/N): Looks like someone's hungry.

Tomoko: Oh shush...

(Y/N): No don't worry. All of that running around that store did get me a bit hungry. Where do you want to go to eat?

Tomoko: (FF/R)...

(Y/N): Nice choice, I was actually looking forward to some (FF/R) anyways. So let's go.

So then we walked a good 10 minutes from where we were. After so, we arrived at (FF/R) which was thankfully not packed or busy. We came inside and waited by the register to be assisted. Someone finally came around with a smile on her face.

Cashier: Hello and welcome to (FF/R), where we are here to serve you food and fun! What can I get you two?

(Y/N): I'll just have the nuggets. What about you Moko?

Tomoko: Hmm, a fat cheeseburger will do me just fine.

Cashier: And for the drink?

(Y/N) and Tomoko: (F/D).

Cashier: (giggles) Alrightly that's two (F/D)s then. Would that be for here or to go?

(Y/N): For here would be good.

Cashier: Okay, that would be $6.78.

For the next ten minutes of waiting for waiting for our food. The cashier from earlier then called our number in which I got up from the seat we were sitting at, and got our food. It was going great, our hang out is going really well and WAY better then I expected it to be. Seeing Tomoko's cute smile as she laughs at our funny moments makes me warm inside and is making me like her more than I want to.

As we left the restaraunt, I looked at the time on my phone, which was 4:45 PM. Still have pretty good amount of time to hang out with her before going home.

(Y/N): So Moko, where to next?

Tomoko: U-Umm... I wouldn't know myself...

(Y/N): Well I do know a place that we can go to.

Tomoko: Then lead the way (N/N).

(Timeskip brought to you by a chibi Maxwell and (Y/N) playing some Street Fighter)

Tomoko: The arcade?

(Y/N): Hell yeah! Now I can show you how well I can win competitively.

Tomoko: Something tells me you like to have challenge anyone when you have the chance.

(Y/N): Only my sister, but come on! I want to win some games!

Tomoko: Okay okay I'm coming. How about we try some "Dance Dance Revolution"?

(Y/N): Does it look like I want to work up a sweat and completely miss all the notes?

Tomoko: Fair point.

(Y/N): How about a two player Atari games like Pacman or Space Invaders?

Tomoko: Nah, not really a fan of those "endless games". I want something to show I completed something. Like an achievement or a finish line.

Then, it clicked onto me. I looked over to my left and saw two machines that were conveniently empty. Smirking, I looked back at Tomoko.

(Y/N): I bet you can't beat me in some Mario Kart.

Tomoko: Ah come on, you can't be serious.

(Y/N): What's wrong Moko? You scaaaaaaared?

Tomoko: (rolls her eyes playfully) Fine, let me beat your ass really quick.

(Y/N): Hah, you wish.

(2 1/2 Minutes Later)

(Y/N): ...oh no.

Tomoko: (sinisterly giggling) (N/N)~ It's time~!

On the top left of Tomoko's screen, a blue spiny shell with wings could be seen. Now if any of you played Mario Kart before, you should know what this item does. I should also mention that I'm in first place on the final lap.

(Y/N): Lord... please help me.

Tomoko: So what were you saying about me not kicking your ass at this game~?

(Y/N): Fuck fuck fuck the finishing line is SO CLOSE.

I hear the alarms behind my vehicle, and saw the blue shell fly over my character's head, slamming itself into them and knocking me over off course. Tomoko was laughing manically next to me. God Tomoko is loving my torture as I see her pass me, leaving me in second place as I got back onto the track, to the finish line.

Tomoko: Eat my dust.

(Y/N): You only got lucky by getting that item.

Tomoko: Mario Kart is a very balanced game with balanced items. So I don't know what you're talking about.

(Y/N): Best out of five.

(Timeskip brought to you by Tomoki and (S/N) watching TV together)

(End Peppy and Happy music)

Tomoko did defeat me, but she put up a good fight till the end at 3/2. After we played Mario Kart, we played at some other arcade games. It was fun, since some of them we had to team up with each other. After an hour and 15 minutes of playing, we decide to take out leave and get out of there.

(Y/N): Damn, I guess I underestimated you in Mario Kart.

Tomoko: Oh shush, you're still kind of salty when I threw that red shell at you in the last round.

(Y/N): Nah I wasn't, I was just going easy on you.

Tomoko: Suuuuuure you weren't.

I looked over on my phone, and saw it was almost 6. Suddenly, an idea came into my head.

(Y/N): Hey Moko, there's one more place I want to show you.

Tomoko: Alrighty, well lead the way.

As we exited the city and into the country side, we were heading close to our destination. Earlier today I was doing some research on some places that we can go that are around here. Apparently this area was a beautiful sight to behold in the sunset and times around 6. Since its usually a secluded area, not many people go for there unless it's for confessions or proposals.

Fortunately though, when we arrived, there wasn't anybody there. We sat close to the cliff side and saw the beautiful scenery the Earth has.

Tomoko: Wow... It's so pretty...

(Y/N): Amazing isn't it?

Tomoko: How the hell did you find this place?

(Y/N): ...Internet.

Tomoko laughs softly as we both stared at the sunset together. I wished this moment would last longer, as Tomoko puts her head on my shoulder and gives a soft yawn. Smiling to myself, I decided to pull her in and wrap my left arm around her. She tensed up for a moment, until relaxing again.

(Y/N): This is nice...

Tomoko: ...

I looked over at Tomoko, who has a slight blush on her face, deep in thought.

(Play music)

(Y/N): Hey Moko, you okay?

Tomoko: ...(Y/N).

(Y/N): Y-Yeah?

Tomoko: Thank you... For everything.

(Y/N): H-Huh?

Tomoko: You really changed my life for the better. From the first day you were so kind, sweet, and really fun to be around with.

My face turned a dark shade of red. Scratching the back of my neck, I faced slightly away from her.

(Y/N): I-I never had anyone said something like that to me before... T-Thank you.

Tomoko then smiled, that smile that warmed my heart so much. I really did fall for her did I? Damn, it feels so cheesy and cliché all of a sudden. Well anyway, we both stayed like that for a while, admiring the view of the sunset. Sure enough though, the sun was no longer on the horizon, and the sky started to turn dark.

(Y/N): That was a nice relaxing experience.

Tomoko: Yeah, we should come over here more often.

(Y/N): Right? It could be like a da-, I-I mean, another hangout.

(Tomoko's POV)

Oh my God he almost said "date"! Does he like me? No Tomoko, calm yourself. He won't like someone as creepy and weird as you, stop overthinking things!

Tomoko: Y-Yeah, that would b-be nice.

(Y/N): We should get going now. Any later and my sister would be bugging me all night tonight.

Tomoko: Alright, let's get going.

(Y/N): I'll drop you off first. It's unsafe for you to be going alone this time right now.

Tomoko: I mean, if you're okay with it.

(Y/N): I'm fine don't worry. Now let's go.

(End Music)

We were talking in silence. It wasn't an uncomfortable silence, more of a peaceful one. The problem was, I was fighting myself to not grab his hand and hold it. I REALLY want to hold his hand, but at the same time I'm pretty sure he's not going to like it. Mentally sighing in defeat, I decided that maybe another time I would have the chance to do so.

After a while of small talks and giggles, we made it back to my house. I see (Y/N) groan in annoyance.

(Y/N): Ugh, I hate school, it's the only thing preventing me from having out with you more.

Tomoko: Yeah it sucks, but what are you going to do?

(Y/N): That's true, but hey, we had fun today.

Tomoko: Definitely. Thanks (N/N) for the hangout today.

(Y/N): No problem Moko, can't wait to see when's our next hangout is going to be.

Tomoko: Me too! See you later (N/N)!

(Y/N): See ya Moko!

I walked to the steps to my house and knocked on the door. (Y/N) was walking away until he fades from my vision. The door opens to reveal my mom, with a sickening sweet smile on her face.

Ms. Kuroki: Hi honey! Hows your little "date" with your little "(N/N)"?

My entire face turned into a deep shade of red. I looked up to see with my mom with a shit-eating grin on her face.

Tomoko: You heard that??? Actually that doesn't matter, it wasn't a date!

Ms. Kuroki: Suuuuuuure it wasn't.

Tomoko: It wasn't!!!

My mom was just laughing her ass off at me. I groaned loudly as I went into the kitchen to eat some dinner.

Ms. Kuroki: Your dinner is in the red container honey!

I sighed softly, it really did felt like a date, but at the same time it didn't. I really enjoyed (Y/N)'s company and his entertainment. Would this count as a first date though? Maybe I'm just overthinking again, I really need to stop doing that. Putting the container in the microwave, I set the timer for a minute to heat up.

(Timeskip brought to you by a chibi (Y/N) and Tomoko sharing a giant cookie.)

Before you know it, it was time for bed. Most of the night was uneventful beside from Tomoki asking how was it. I was just laying down on my bed just relaxing and staring at the ceiling. For some odd reason I can't seem to fall asleep at the moment. Sighing, I grabbed my phone and went over to my messaging app. Seeing the name (N/N), I tapped on it.

Tomoko: Hey.

(Y/N): Heya. Cant sleep?

Tomoko: Yea, so I decided to talk to u.

(Y/N): Oh wow do I feel flattered.

Tomoko: Oh shut up, I know u wanted to talk to me too.

(Y/N): Alright fine u got me there. But anyways u ok?

Tomoko: Yeah I'm alright. And u?

(Y/N): Doing fine too. So what's up?

Afterwards turned to an hour long conversation about just random nonsense. Whether from videogames, anime, or just about life.

(Y/N): We didnt have any homework besides the project right?

Tomoko: Yeah the project is the only thing that's due.

(Y/N): Good. I dont want to be rushing during the middle of the night to do homework again.

Tomoko: Again? You done it before?

(Y/N): Trust me, you have no idea how many times I did that at my old school.

Tomoko: Lol.

A thought then came across my mind. I decided to ask him.

Tomoko: Hey (N/N)...

(Y/N): Yeah Moko?

Tomoko: You dont think people are going to judge you since you hang out with me?

(Y/N): Tomoko, I dont care what people say about me. If they say if I suck, if I'm sort of idiot, or if I'm a fucking weirdo, then fuck them. I live my life the way I want to, not the way other people tell me to. If they say anything about u though im kicking their ass. You mean alot to me Tomoko and if they say I cant hang around u, then its whatever, I'll still talk and be around u.

A blush crept onto my face. Does he really mean all that? I was shocked that he thought of me as a real friend. Never in my life I would find a friend who truly cares about me that much.

Tomoko: Thx (Y/N). Btw I'm getting tired now. Thx for everything.

(Y/N): Np Moko. Have a good night sleep okay? I'll see u tomorrow.

Tomoko: Okay (N/N). Night.

As I put my phone down on the charger, I grabbed my pillow and hugged it as tight as I can. My God, I feel so warm by my heart, as if there was butterflies in my stomach. Is this what falling in love feels like? Never had a boy fight for me in my life. Maybe this is a beginning for a new future.

My eyes started to feel heavy, signalling that I'm about to fall asleep. I got into position, and sighed happily as I drifted off into a deep sleep.

Tomoko: (N/N)...

===========================

Author's Note:

Hey guys. Sorry for the long wait between this one and the last chapter, but here's the newest one! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I'll see you in the next one!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.9K 1.7K 56
Tsukki falls for his chaotic Black friend. That's it. Okay real summary: Kanai Athena came to Japan when she was in middle school. After transferring...
158K 3.6K 19
Tomoko is an unsocial able loner who doesn't seem to fit in with societies standards. One typical day at school seems to turn her life around when th...
143K 7.1K 47
After loosing her whole family to the apocalypse in the blink of an eye, Nao quarantined herself in her house for two months, watching the world arou...
100K 1.9K 19
you're a shy girl who doesn't have much friends and likes to be alone. A certain boy keeps trying to make contact with you and wants to be friends. W...