[Chapter 10] - Unpopular Together

Legend:
(Y/N) - Your Name
(N/N) - Nickname

===========================

(Your POV)

Teacher: So basically The Civil Rights Movement was a decades-long struggle with the goal of enforcing constitutional and legal rights for African Americans that white Americans already enjoyed. With roots that dated back to the Reconstruction era during the late 19th century, the movement achieved its largest legislative gains in the mid-1960s, after years of blah blah blah blah blah....

Uggggggggggh make it stoooooooooooop....

Me and Tomoko were sitting next to each other in US History class, and OH MY GOD it's so boring. Like, it's actually gotten more boring than usual. It actually makes me want to go to MATH. At least in math you can actually use your brain while you're working. I silently sighed to myself as I see that Tomoko was facing the same problem as me. As I looked around though, I saw that the majority of the class is asleep. Some people were on their phones. Then there's a select of people actually listening to the lecture and taking notes. How does the teacher not notice the sleeping students?

Anime logic.

(Y/N): (whispers) Fuck this is boring...

Tomoko: (whispers) You're telling me. I could've been using this time to read some My Hero Academia.

(Y/N): (whispers) Like seriously.

Teacher: Ahem! Excuse me, but Mr. (L/N) is there a problem?

(Y/N): (sighs) No.

Teacher: Is that so? So you'll be willing to answer the question that is on the board right now? (uses his pointing stick to point at the white board)

(Y/N): What award did Martin Luther King Jr. receive for his role in non-violent, moral leadership? (sighs) The 1964 Nobel Peace Prize.

Teacher: Hah! That is incorre- Wait, you actually got it right?

(Y/N): You're welcome.

Teacher: You win this round (L/N), just try to interrupt my discussion will you?

(Y/N): Fine. (quietly) Not like anyone is going to listen to your blabbering anyways.

Tomoko: (whispers) Don't worry (N/N), let's just talk when next period starts. I heard that our next teacher isn't here.

(Y/N): (whispers) Well alright Moko...

Teachers: Okay! As I was saying...

(timeskip so you won't have to listen to this man's damn lecture)

(Y/N): (stretches while walking) Ah my God! That feels good to get out of that cramped box.

Tomoko: But you're going into another cramped box.

(Y/N): That's different. At least in this one we don't have to do boring work that won't effect us in the next ten or so years. Besides, if we have a question, we'll just ask Google.

Tomoko: Yeah that's true. Oh hey we're here.

As I looked up, it seems that I was ranting a bit too long to even realize how fast we were walking.

(Y/N): Cool. (looks inside) Yeah the teacher isn't here. Sweeeeet.

Me and Tomoko sat down next to each other as the rest of the students filed in. Welp, I forgot to bring my Switch since I thought it was just going to be a whole world of boring learning. This is one of the reasons I HATE Mondays. Anyways, the teacher looks like he is in his mid 20s who had a baggy shirt and baggy pants on. He sighed as he looked lazily at all of us.