[Chapter 5] - Rumors & Encounters

Legend:
(Y/N) - Your Name
(S/N) - Sister Name
(FF/R) - FastFood Restraunt
(T/N) - Teacher's Name

===========================

(Your POV)

(BEEP BEEP) (BEEP BEEP) (BEEP BEEP) (BEEP BE-)

(Y/N): (Giant Yawn)

Welp, back to school. Unfortunate that we have to stay in a cramped building for a few hours. Hey, at least I'll be able to see Tomoko. After doing my business in the bathroom, I noticed that the house was extremely quiet. I know that my dad was working today, but my mom isn't. I then saw a note on the fridge.

"Dear (Y/N),
We had to leave early today for a doctor's appointment. The closest one is a few miles away from here so we had to leave before it gets crowded. Sorry for not going to school today, but you can at least spend some time with Tomoko. ;) Anyways, go ahead and take the bus today, I'll see you soon after school.

Love, (S/N)."

I slightly blushed since my sister said that I should hang out with Tomoko more. Beside that, I set the note aside and started to crack some eggs to make scrambled eggs. As the eggs were cooking, I poured myself a glass of orange juice and put some toasts in the toaster. Once the eggs were done, the toasts conveniently were finished too. I ate, drank, grabbed my stuff, and headed out the door to the bus stop.

Looking at my phone, I saw that it was only 6:20 AM, so I got out of the house pretty early. As I approach the bus stop, a giant smile formed on my face as I see a very familiar face.

(Y/N): Hey Tomoko~!

Tomoko jumped slightly and faced towards my direction, her face growing a slight blush. She shyly waved towards me, smiling. I sat next to her on the bus stop bench.

(Y/N): Morning Moko.

Tomoko: M-Morning...

(Y/N): Did you sleep well?

Tomoko: Yeah, I did.

(Y/N): Glad to hear.

I then noticed something strange, I confronted Tomoko.

(Y/N): Hey where's Tomoki? Isn't he usually with us at this time in the morning?

Tomoko: He actually had a field trip with the other classmates of his grade to a soccer game. My mom told me I had to take the bus since she was going to be helping with the field trip today.

(Y/N): Ah I see.

Tomoko: What about your energetic little sis? What happened to her?

(Y/N): Doctor's Appointment.

Tomoko: Understandable.

The rest of the time of us waiting was just us having small talks. Mostly just about life and what's happened yesterday. Eventually, the bus arrived, filled with kids chatting among themselves. However, as soon as we entered the bus, the entire bus went dead silent. All eyes were on us for a solid minute.

(Y/N): (Whispers) Tomoko... What's going on?

Tomoko: (Whispers) I would tell you, but I have no fucking idea...

After the brief silence, students started to whisper to their friends. Something along the lines of;

Girl 1: Oh my God, its them...!

Boy 1: You mean the ones where InnocentKatster posted?

Girl 2: Yeah those two! They were all over IG yesterday night.