Cali Love

By Shayylondon

Baldwin Hills, known as the City in the Clouds, The Black Beverly Hills, lives of the privileged sons and dau... More

Snippet
Snippet 2
Snippet 3
COPYRIGHT 2019
Cast
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
TwentyOne
TwentyTwo
TwentyThree
Twenty four
Twenty Five
TwentySix
TwentySeven
TwentyEight
Twentynine
Thirty
ThirtyOne
ThirtyTwo
ThirtyThree
ThirtyFour
ThirtyFive
ThirtySix
ThirtySeven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
CALI LOVE ( II )

Ten

2.9K 170 109
By Shayylondon

Cali Serenity

" Wassup witchu Beloved?"

I was in fucking love.

I knew I was grinning extra hard as I stood there looking at him like he was the best thing since sliced fucking bread.  Damn, I don't know how things escalated so quickly from us barely speaking to him to letting him take me out on a date.

"Hey Hun" I greeted, trying to act like I wasn't phased by his presence one bit. Lord knows that my insides were throbbing and jumping all over the place.

If my daddy wasn't sitting right here, I'd probably be in his arms with my legs wrapped around his tall ass, begging him to pull a Chris Brown and take me down.

"You lookin good" Kross complimented.

"Why thank you" I heard my daddy say, pushing me to the side.

Kross looked at him, smirking.  The height difference between these two were killing me. Daddy being so small and Kross being a foot taller than him made me want to laugh so hard.

But that height shit don't mean nun to my daddy. He will pull a trigger quick and think about consequences later.

"Nipsey?...hell naw"  Daddy laughed, looking back at me. " He almost got me there. "Wassup?" daddy greeted, extending his hand.

"Eazy"

"Kross"

They shook each other's hand before letting go. I bit down on my bottom lip nervously as my daddy's head nodded for me to walk into the living room.

Shit, I hope daddy don't be on no dumb shit.

I heard the house door close, followed by footsteps and muttering as I entered the living room where mommy was sitting with a pink fleece blanket covering her legs and still eating ice cream.

"I thought you were goin out?" she questioned as her eyes followed me.

"I thought so too" I whined, plopping down on the couch, folding my arms.

"Baby!" daddy shouted to my mom.

He entered the room with Kross strolling behind, as he looked around at his new surroundings.  Never in my life did I plan for this man to come into the house just yet.

Obviously, daddy had other plans.

"Baby this is Kross...Kross this is my wife, Cali's mother. Mrs. Wright" daddy said with no emotion.

My mom smiled with the spoon in her mouth, looking over at me and raising her eyebrows.

"Hi" she softly spoke, looking Kross up and down then looking back at me.

I rolled my eyes, that's my momma's way of saying " ooh he fine as hell...good job Cali"

"How you doin?" his raspy voice spoke as he leaned to shake my mother hand.

My mother placed her hand in his, shaking it as her eyes never left his.

If my momma don't quit, I'll turn the fuck up in this living room.

"So ummm...you can have a seat," Daddy said, sitting down in his recliner chair.

Kross nodded, glancing at me. I shrugged as I pouted mouthing "sorry" for getting him into this shit.  I never bought a guy home, but I've dated guys.

This shit was not part of my plan tonight.

"You thirsty?" Mommy questioned, standing up. "I'll get you some water"

she walked into the kitchen quickly, disappearing as she left us three in here.  It was silence.  That awkward silence with only the TV playing in the background.

"Nice hat you got there," Daddy said, sippin on his infamous 8-ball.

"Preciate it"

"Favorite baseball team?

"Daddy" I whined.

"Shh..." he placed his finger to his lip, waving me off.

Kross adjusted the brim of his hat before smirking again.

"Somethin like that" he replied, staring at daddy without blinking.

Daddy nodded as he sipped from his glass bottle.

"I' ma LA Sox wearer myself"

"Oh, word...that hat real popular in Compton huh?"

I looked over at Kross who squinted at my dad. It's like they were speaking in this kind of code and I had no clue what the hell they were talking about.

"Yeah, Mariners hat real popular in Slauson right?" Daddy questioned back.

Mommy returned with a bottle of Evian straight from the freezer, handing it to Kross. He thanked her as he took a swig from the cold water, screwing the cap back.

"So where ya'll goin tonight?" Daddy drilled.

"Dad...you're wasting our time. I got school tomorrow" I spat, rolling my eyes.

"I know what you got tomorrow. I wanna see what kind of dude hanging round my daughter"

"Jus gonna take her ta get sum to eat, you know? Cruise down Crenshaw, check out some views" Kross glanced over at me.

"Ohh that sounds nice. Remember we used to do that when we were young E?" Mommy said, looking over at daddy with a smile.

"Yeah...I remember"

Daddy said as he glanced at mommy, but he wasn't smiling.  She pressed her lips together before looking back at the TV.

"Look here Cash"

"Kross" he corrected with no emotion.

Daddy nodded, leaning forward as he placed his bottle in his cup holder on his reclining chair.

"Yeah...that, Look here cuh, that's my baby girl and whatever you do to her I will do to you...understand?"

I sighed heavily as slumped down in the couch, folding my arms tighter as I shook my head, making my curls slightly shake.

"Yeah, I hear you, sir. On the real, I just wanna get to know her, see where her mind at and take her to get sum ta eat. You know? Nun more or less" Kross said in his raspy voice.

Daddy stared at him for a long moment. He looked over at me.

"Midnight," he said.

"What?" I said looking up at him, confused.

"In here at midnight. 11:59 would be better"

Daddy replied, looking at Kross before dapping him up. Kross stood up and nodded.

"Will do. Mrs. Wright, have a good evening" he shook my mom hand again. "Mr.Wright" he nodded.

Daddy nodded his head while I followed Kross with a big ass smile on my face as we exited the house.

_________

"I am so sorry about that" I apologized as Kross opened the car door for me.

"You good ma. Pops wanna know what lucky nigga takin his baby girl out, I get it"

I turned around, looking up at him. He looked down at me before licking his lips.

"You aint give me a hug" I said with a fake attitude.

He smirked, reaching his arms around me pulling me closer to him, giving me a whiff of his cologne that now has me on an all-time high.

I smiled as I finished hugging him, getting in the car. He closed the door as I got myself together. He hopped in the driver's side and turned the car on.

"Cruise down Crenshaw huh?"

"Shit, I just said some shit to get ya pops off my ass" he said, pulling away from the curb.

"You aint no good" I laughed, fastening my seat belt.

"Here"

He handed me the aux to plug my phone up to play some good music. "Relax and play ya music"

I scrolled through my music playlist, really trying to find a song to play.  I don't know what crips listen to all day, but he said to play whatever I like, so I did just that.

Tell me what you want
What you like
It's okay
I'mma little curious too
Tell me if it's wrong
If it's right
I don't care
I can keep a secret could, you?

I sang along with the lyrics, moving my shoulders all sultry before looking over at Kross who was staring at me with widened eyes.

"What?"

"What the fuck is this?"

"Its Demi Lovato"

"Who?"

I sucked my teeth as he laughed hysterically, showing his pretty smile. I turned a little red, embarrassed at the way this shit played out.

"Shut up" I rolled my eyes as I snatched my phone off the aux cord.

"I don't mean to laugh but shit...I wasn't expecting no shit like that forreal cuh" he continued to laugh.

"Whatever"

I pursed my lips and tossed the cord, landing in Kross's lap. He laughed, shaking his head as he plugged his phone up.

"As if your music any better"

"Shit...its better than that shit you was just singing"

I rolled my eyes again as he looked over at me. " Listen, I'm bout to put you on to some shit"

I watched him press play on his phone as he cruised the speed limit down the streets of Crenshaw. I guess he wasn't lying.

[Play Music]

Midnight love
Troubles plots on thee mind
Midnight love
Leave your back door open
Midnight love
Just have it ready for me
Back door little druggie's callin' for you

I nodded my head, hearing the familiar voice of Raphael Saadiq and Snoop Dogg. I sat back in his seats, glancing over at his fine ass rap along to the lyrics.

"Snoop?" I asked, closing my eyes as I allowed the night time Cali breeze to glide across my face.

"Damn right. Shit smooth aint it"

"Its ai'ght" I said, trying to hide my smile.

"You aint gotta front girl, I know you fucc wit it" he smiled, using his free hand to gently grab my chin.

Looking out the window, I saw the beautiful light of Crenshaw as the city of Los Angeles was lit up. Appreciating this moment so much, I never wanted this shit to end.

Part of me was still nervous, but the other half was happy as hell to be spending time with Kross without my cousin KJ.

As we listened to the song and cruising, we kept sneaking peeks at each other than fronting like we weren't staring at each other.

Kross chuckled as he hit the freeway, heading downtown Los Angeles.

I closed my eyes as he blew down the freeway, giving me a rush of adrenaline.

The palm trees swaying in the night in the sky, the lights of Downtown LA, arrays of red, blue, white, gold and so many more scenic colors made me appreciate my city so much.

A good twenty minutes later Kross and I were walking around L.A Live!

Admiring all of the lights and the diversity of people that were either attending an event at the Staples Center or visiting nearby restaurants.

"I never really took the time to come down here," I said, looking around like a tourist.

"Spendin all that time up in Beverly Hills witcho prissy ass"

"Fuck you" I laughed, swatting him softly with my purse.

Kross laughed a little too, blocking my attack before grabbing my hand. I looked down at his hand, gazing up at him.

He was too busy texting to realize how I was secretly admiring him.

He slipped his phone in his pocket before looking down at me, now I was looking interested in the Sweepstakes car that was on display.

"Shit, come on the food truck over here"

"Food truck?"

"Hell yea, All Flavor No Grease be fuccin hittin you aint livin a good Cali life if you haven't ate from them"  Kross said, nodding his head.

"I mean-"

"You too good for a lil grease?" Kross asked with a smile,  standing in front of me.

"No, I just never heard of them but I'm down to eat it" I laughed, rolling my eyes.

"Aight den chump" he winked as he grabbed my hand and we began walking towards the street where there was a blue and white food truck with bright lights across the street.

People were lined up, waiting for their orders.

It had to be pretty good because there were two different trucks nearby and not a soul in line.

We continued to make small talk as we got in line.  I scanned over the menu and all this shit sound mouth watering good.

I know I'm gonna have to go to the gym bad after eating all this good shit.

"You know what you want?" Kross questioned, looking at the Menu poster on the truck.

"Mmmmm....I want that big ass burrito" I pointed to the picture on the poster.

His eyes looked at the poster before looking down at my small self.

"You aint gonna eat all that shit nigga" Kross laughed.

"I am too I be hungry. I can put it away trust me"

I twirled around, giving him a glimpse of my physique. 

"Yea, I can see where its goin too"  he said, checking out my ass.

"Oop!"

I stopped twirling to see Kross keeping his eyes fixated on me before looking up at me quickly.

"Dog!" I playfully swatted his arm, making him grab me.

We were finally next in line and we placed our order.

Apparently, Kross knew the dude from 'round da way' in the truck so he gave us our order on the house but Kross still gave him money any way to support his business.

A big ass chicken burrito with extra everything and 3 cheese chicken taco's for Kross as we both got sweet tea mixed with lemonade as our drinks. 

We sat on a nearby picnic lunch bench, ready to get our grub on.

Engaging in some conversation, I found out that Kross was two years older, 18 years old, born and raised in the heart of South Central.

He has a one-year-old son with his ex-girlfriend who obviously didn't work out.  He explained to me a little background story on how he was incarcerated at some point for some shit he didn't do but was released; thanking God but his brother is currently locked up.

"Now that you know bout me, what's ya situation?"

"Well..." I acted like I was thinking hard about my answer." I'm 16 you know that, um I go to Archer School for girls"

"That private lil white girl school?"

"Its black girls there too"

"Mainly white, you too good for Dorsey or Crenshaw?"

"No, my parents didn't want me going there by KJ and Bryson go there so I don't know" I shrugged, playing with my French fries.

Kross chewed his food.  I wonder if he thinks I'm some spoiled brat that's incapable of surviving 'adverse" situations.

"I hear you, you like school?"

"I do. I'm on the honor roll"

"Head aint big for nun huh?" Kross teased.

"Shut up. I want to go to college one day to study fashion but mommy wants me to go into medicine or some shit"

"That's where yo heart lies?" 

I looked up at Kross who was staring at me with seriousness. I chewed my food, swigging my drink before answering.

"I mean, I love fashion and hair like what she does. I want to create my own fashion line but I guess I can use medicine as a back up in case it don't work out"

"Don't say no shit like that cuh. If you want that shit you grind to get it and don't let no one deter you from yo dreams or tell you-you can't achieve that shit"

I looked down at my food before looking back up into his eyes. His eyes never left mine as I can sense he was sincere in what he was telling me.

"I hear you babe" I smiled, still staring at him.

"Better hear me woman"

I blushed as I watched him go back to eating his food, occasionally gazing at me.

After eating our food, we walked back to the car and he drove back towards outside of town.

I had gotten so comfortable in his seats that I didn't realize that we were pulling up into Baldwin Hills, driving towards the Scenic Outlook which wasn't too far from the house.

I inhaled deeply as I felt the car come to a complete stop, stretching.

Quickly regaining my focus, I noticed Kross was leaning on the hood of his car, smoking on a blunt looking over the city skyline lights.

Opening the car door, I got out of the car leaving my purse and walking over to Kross. He looked to the side of him, noticing me.

"You had a good nap?" he asked, exhaling the smoke out his nostrils.

"I did" I stretched.

"Come here" 

He reached his hand out for me to grab it. Listening and putting my hand in his, he put his blunt out and pulled me in front of him as I faced the city of LA.

"What took you so long to come and talk to me? I questioned, looking up at him as I tilted my head bag.

He looked down at me before grinning, shaking his head. 

"I aint know I was on a time limit," he said, looking back at the city skyline.

"Mhm"

"Dats yo way of tellin me you was checcin fo a nigga?

"Boy bye! I was not" I waved him off, frontin hard as hell as I scrunched my face up.

"Yeah okay. You can be yoself round me, I know you was checkin for me"

"How you know that?" I turned around.

I was now facing him. He looked down at me before licking his lips again and wrapping his arms around my waist, making me melt from his cologne and how warm his body was.

"Cause a nigga was checcin for you too, I aint ashamed to say it"

I was shocked at how honest he was. He looked down at me while the California breeze blew past us.

I leaned closer to him as he leaned down closer, damn near close enough for us to kiss.

I was nervous as hell because this would be my first kiss. I turned my head, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"Damn I know I finished smoking but I smell that bad?"

"What! no no no, Kross!" I shrieked, covering my face with my hands. "It's just I-"

"Calm down Cali, a nigga just fuckin wit you"

He removed my hands from my face, laughing. I stared at him before cracking a smile.

He gently grabbed my chin before kissing my lips softly and tenderly, sending jolts through my body.

I've never felt this way about a guy so fucking quick.

This hood King was making my 16-year-old heart melt.

And I knew at this point he's who I wanted to be with.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.8K 1.3K 25
𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘦.
27.4K 1.3K 42
"If you aren't willing to fight for what you believe in, then don't bother entering the ring." - MADONNA. NINARMANI 2023. ©️ FOR MATURE AUDIENCES ONL...
1.3K 128 6
Despite the feud brewing between their families, Anastasia Caradine finds herself saving Giovanni Hendrix. In doing so, the two find themselves falli...
24.2K 1K 18
BOOK TWO OF ❝𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧 ❞ .