silver blades | taekook

By kthtops

based off the "you were being chased by the cops and so you just got in my car and shouted 'drive!'" au. ... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
NEW BOOK IS OUT
34
35
36
37

08

1K 78 46
By kthtops

kth.

"You guys are not breaking into a police station  to get guns - all so you can break into a palace!" Seokjin hollered through the room. "Has everyone suddenly lost their minds?! We've managed to survive for this long based on the things we've been doing, so what's with everyone suddenly wanting be thrown into prison?"

Jeongguk leaned closer to Taehyung and whispered in his ear, "This seems a bit too familiar.." Taehyung chuckled in response, thinking about how he himself said a similar statement to Jeongguk.

Seokjin crossed his arms and looked up at the ceiling. All of the other guys were basically staring at Seokjin's neck and wow, it was actually thick.

The oldest looked back at the other guys and he waited for an explanation, but nobody either moved an inch nor they spoke. All eyes were glued onto Seokjin's neck. What happened to it?

Namjoon started pacing back and forth with exaggerated sighs - he's not completely agreeing with the idea either.  His stare landed on the guys after a while and he furrowed his eyebrows when he noticed they were all staring at Seokjin - or rather, Seokjin's neck.

"What the.." He mumbled quietly to himself and he also looked at Seokjin's neck. He widened his eyes a little when he suddenly seemed to understand that everyone else had magically acquired telepathic skills because damn, that's a nice neck.

Seokjin stopped all of his actions for a moment and he looked at everyone in confusion. "Guys?"

Nobody tore their attention away from his neck.

Seokjin started clicking his fingers, he clapped and made all sorts of other noises.

"Guys, I know I'm handsome and everything, but can we please focus?"

After noticing that nobody was going to budge at any point soon, Namjoon walked over to a drawer and got out a knitted scarf. He hurriedly placed it around Seokjin's neck and whispered, "Don't take it off for your sake."

Seokjin glanced down at his neck before back at the guys and noticed that they all seemed to have turned back into their normal selves.

"..so everyone suddenly has a neck kink?"

"Seems like it." Yoongi mumbled under his breath.

Seokjin rolled his eyes and clapped his hands sassily. "Alright, you lot. I'm trying, okay? I've only been here for two fucking days.. ugh. Just- listen."

Taehyung snorted and put his hand up to his face since he noticed that Jin has been watching meme videos. Jeongguk gave him a weird look, but it didn't seem weird. He was like an angelic little guy trying to look disgusted.

Bringing their attention back to Seokjin, taehyung sighed. If Jeongguk wasn't going to change his mind, nobody was. It was his idea in the first place and everybody else was joining in for the sake of his safety.

And Seokjin knew that.

Seokjin glanced at Taehyung in worry, hoping that the younger would understand the message. And he did, but didn't say anything. Instead, Taehyung decided to focus on something else that was completely non-related to the situation - like the fact that his knee was touching Jeongguk's right now.

Eventually, Seokjin released a defeated sigh. He sure could've used Namjoon's help in the persuading, however he knows that Namjoon already has other problems on his hands.

"Alright.. I'll help. Besides, don't you all need a blueprint of the palace?"

Like déjà vu, everybody's heads shot up in an instant. Soon enough, cheers erupted through the room and Jeongguk was hugging Taehyung tightly since they were already next to each other. Jeongguk was bouncing with happiness since everybody agreed to his plan and he couldn't wait to grab his hands on the long-awaited prize.

Subsequently, Hoseok spoke up. "Is it really that complicated? I mean, just go to the back of the palace and boom, there will probably be some sort of opening for us. Right?"

Namjoon shakes his head and sits down after a long time of standing. "No, there are cameras everywhere. The area is littered with guards as well. If we want to get anywhere, we need to find blindspots - both for the guards and cameras. It will take time  to complete." Namjoon turned his attention onto the youngest of them all. "Jeongguk, when were you planning to do this?"

"After a week, why?Jjust get guns and you're all set!" He replied happily, completely oblivious to consequences. Or rather, he doesn't want to think about them - Jeongguk just lives his life as if everyday is his last, so he ignores the problems.

"I doubt we will get this all sorted within a month.. let alone a week. We need training and planning - none of this will be easy. Seokjin's able to get the blueprint- wait, how will you get a map of that place?" Namjoon asked again, taking out a paper and pen to write down notes.

"I have acquaintances and links, anything is possible that way." Seokjin replied, crossing his arms without saying any further.

Namjoon firmly nodded and wrote down what they need; map, guns, walkie-talkies, training for stealth, shooting, fighting.. etcetera. The list was only getting longer and the time was getting shorter - a new heir will inherit the king's position soon and they need to act fast.. but not irrationally.

Jeongguk speaks up and says "I can help with stealth and fight training, I've grown accustomed to that lifestyle. I know how to train others, but they need to be dedicated to helping me."

Namjoon listened carefully and nodded yet again. "That's good, now.. we need to get guns. Pistols and knives, no rifles unless you want attention. The police station seems like a good place to get them since there are guns, however I've noticed that some stations have police guards right next to those guns - it will be hard to obtain them."

"How about we make distractions? One of us could be needing help with.. catching a criminal. Surely they will go out to help them?" Yoongi suggested.

"Yeah but they will take the guns with them." Taehyung remarked, "it needs to happen close to the station. Maybe somebody could get injured? We could scream for help and maybe they will come out to help? They've got cameras there, it should work."

"Taehyung, we can't just injure others." Jimin mumbled quietly, eyebrows drawn together in concentration. "One of us could get injured instead.. I know a way to make that work."

Taehyung threw him a perplexed look but Jimin seemed to completely ignore it.

"Alright, but even if that's sorted, we need people to get inside." Hoseok spoke up again, walking over to the table to look down at the paper. Soon, everybody else followed and they were all huddled around the table. Hands were firmly set on the table; some were gripping onto the edges so tightly that their knuckles were turning white.

Jeongguk looked at Hoseok and replied with "perhaps we could go inside for a witness account? Surely we'll be able to locate where the guns are sat."

Taehyung chewed on his lip in concentration then added, "maybe.. we could pretend to be one of the police men? Take somebody out and put on their clothes. Leave the guy unconscious for however long needed, then get the guns. Once the objective is cleared, throw the clothes back onto the policeman and just get away."

Namjoon's shoulders stiffened and he seemed to be thinking deeply about the idea. "Theoretically, that's possible." He stared down at the paper and then back at the guys. "Let's take a small break, I will dig around my contacts for a bit - maybe we can also get a map layout of the station.. right?"

"Wait, how big is this station?"

"Big enough to have a map."

All of the guys got away from the table and they took their break. Jimin dragged Taehyung outside the room for a bit, wanting to have the private conversation with him.

"Are you sure about this, Taehyung?" jimin asked, eyes filled with concern. "You don't have to do this.. there can be another way."

"I already told my Father about this. Well, not the plan we're carrying out. I told him about my role and my decision. He's giving me time to think about it, but I don't have long.. I have to get there soon before anything happens."

Jimin takes a step back and leans against the wall for support; his head is spinning too fast for him, and Taehyung notices. he gently grasped Jimin's wrist, pulling him closer. Taehyung placed his chin on Jimin's shoulder, quietly listening to what Jimin was saying.

"Wait, I'll be found out about as well.. won't I?" he asked Taehyung.

Taehyung shook his head no, replying quietly with "no, you can stay back and help out with the map. Give directions, help the guys."

Jimin sighs in frustration and pulls away from the hug that was being shared. He pinched the bridge of his nose and waved his hand as if to tell Taehyung to forget it.

"It's alright, I'll join in on the physical side of things, I can also supply masks for everybody.. anything necessary." He replied back. "actually, Tae.."

Taehyung turned to Jimin, raising an eyebrow.

"Why can't you just give Jeongguk the money? Then we won't have to do any of this risky.. stuff. You can easily withdraw it from your card.. so what's the problem?"

Taehyung abruptly turned around and firmly shook his head no. "That's not happening. Not now, because if I do that, then she will find out about my location and track me down. That's just.. not happening, it's too risky - that can even put the others in danger. It was already hard enough getting away from her.. even when there was somebody supporting me with my decisions. Until i'm ready, nothing is happening to put others in danger."

Jimin slowly walks up to him and squeezed his arm in reassurance, "Slright.. but know that, you don't have to do this, you don't have to go back to your Father.. your brother could do that."

Taehyung looked at Jimin and gave him a lopsided smile before replying with "No, it's alright. I've seen how he's living at the moment and even if he faces problems as well, it's alright. I know he's happy with the current way of his living, no need to make it hell again."

Jimin nods in understanding and they walk back to the door, only to find Jeongguk standing there. Taehyung tilts his head to the side and walks up to the younger, then he ruffled Jeongguk's hair (only to earn another hit in the stomach from Jeongguk's elbow).

"What're you doing out here, Jeongguk?" Jimin asked.

Jeongguk gives him a smile and he opens the door for the other two, adding "Namjoon said that break is over.. we need to get back."

Taehyung thanks Jeongguk for getting the both of them, then they all return to the table that already has a stressed atmosphere attached to it.

"Okay so, I might be able to get a map of the station, but for now we need to focus on the main goal - the palace. Say for instance we get the map and everything, we need to decide on who's doing what and what we're doing. " Namjoon starts talking again, making eye contact with everybody to make sure they're paying attention.

"We need two teams - the attackers and those who stay behind. At least one or two people need to stay back in order to give directions to the attackers.. or should i say, thieves? I don't even know what they're called anymore." Namjoon continues, but shoos the thought away. "Anyway, Seokjin - you said you can get the blueprint, right? Why don't you stay back and give us directions? You used to be experienced in reading those sort of things due to the architecture major you used to have.. right?"

Seokjin nods, "Of course. That's my specialty, I'll promise to do a good job."

Namjoon sets his attention back onto the paper again and lets out a sigh. "Alright, so-"

"I'll stay behind with Seokjin, I have experience too since Seokjin taught me when I was younger." Yoongi interrupts. "It's better for two to stay behind, in case the other gets worn out."

"Alright, that's settled.. so the rest of us will be on the offense team. Any objections?" Namjoon asked briefly. His answer only consisted of determined nods.

"Okay, now we need to figure out when we'll start this and how we'll get there."

Taehyung seemed hesitant to join in, but he decided it was for the better to share what's on his mind.

"Actually, i can get us in there."

thank you all for 400+ reads! oh god, y'all make me sO happy !1! if you don't mind, leave a vote.. 👉👈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 170 1
Jeongguk and Taehyung made promises to each other while one forgot other cherished them and worked to make it come true. Switch taekook
142K 4.7K 32
BTS Gang AU Genre: action, fluff, angst, strong language, +18 content, gang material, Read to find out who the reader will end up with. There will be...
143K 7.3K 15
when in doubt, get help from the boy who knocked you out with a soccer ball. /lowercases intended./ [ aesthetic books | jimin fanfiction! ] please do...
1.9M 82.8K 50
Taehyung, a poor boy who was abused by his father and lost all of his desires to live but, fate decided something else for him when he met someone wh...