Blue Star Contest 2019 [Close...

By BlueStarCommunity

You are nothing but competitors. More

WELCOME!
♦️Topics♦️
🏆Prizes🏆
📑Rules and Form📝
📢Tag Fest📢
✍ Deadline ✍
Winner of the Tag fest
Submission Date
Judges and the Judging Criteria
Voting Rules
Entry - 1 / / Closed
Entry - 2 / / Closed
Entry - 3 / / Closed
Entry- 4 / / Closed
Entry - 5 / / Closed
Voting Results
Entry-2 (Judges Review)
Entry-3 (Judges Review)
Entry-4 (Judges Review)
Entry-5 (Judges Review)
Result!!

Entry- 1 (Judges review)

98 8 3
By BlueStarCommunity

So we are back and we know we are a little late than the allotted schedule. Sorry, but finally the results are here.

We now have only two judges review. The last judge had some issues in the last moment so she couldn't make it to the timing.

Special thanks to birdy_without_wings and priya_265 for taking out your time to review the stories.

Now without further delay, let's jump to the Reviews of Entry 1.

Entry 1:

Team - Bloomy blossoms

Summer by fanofsomeone_aditi

Rainy by JeniGada

Autumn by Acherner

Winter by sonali0115

Spring by ShreyaRaj511

*********

Judge- birdy_without_wings

Endless summer

Title: 3/5

It go well with theme and story but it could be more innovative.

Creativity: 6/10
Storyline: 5.8/10

I'm personally very fond of quotations and poetry. So, I loved the start up with little poetry. But either its a poem, quotation or story, we must have knowledge about the points which we are mentioning in it. I'm saying this because days gets longer in summer not shorter.
Otherwise, concept was simple but true. The way you described the things that happened with everyone was nice. The most beautiful thing was a msg. for all at the end.

Grammar: 8/10
Grammar was pretty good. Just minor punctuation mistakes which were negligible.

Use of words: 2.5/5
Introduction of new and innovative words was lacked somewhere.

Total: 25.3/40

------------

Showers of heaven

Title: 3.5/5

It  went quite well with theme but not too good  with story line

Creativity: 7/10
Storyline: 6.1/10

I like the way you start the plot with synonymous. Something different start from others. Although the plot was simple and common but the way you discribe through the conversation was unique.

Grammar: 9/10
Grammar was pretty good. I didn't found any major mistakes.

Use of words: 3/5
Only in first passage I found some different words that too in synonymous. In rest portion, no such words were used.

Total: 28.6/40

-------------

Autumn fight thru all odds.

Title: 3.3/5
Acc to theme, title was pretty good. It gave an overview of story.

Creativity: 4.5/10
Storyline: 4.8/10
If we talk about story, it's good and inspirational one. But we have a fixed theme 'season' that too autumn for u which was highly missing. Even in some points, Its confusing that what season is the priority? Summer or autumn?

Grammar: 5/10
There was a lot of mistakes in punctuation and sentence construction. It needs editing.

Use of words: 2.5/5
Lack of Innovative and new words.

Total: 20.1/40

-----------

Cold days warm hearts

Title: 4.5/5

A perfect title for the theme and story.

Creativity: 7/10
Storyline: 6.5/10

The entire content is so beautiful. The way of describing the winter in words is nice but again you used wrong information about days.

Grammar: 9/10

Grammar is pretty good and simple to understand.

Use of words: 3.8/5
This is what that make it beautiful. But still it could be more efficient.

Total: 30.8/40

-----------

Spring colours

Title: 3.9/5
Simple yet perfect title for the plot. But i think its not necessary that if the theme is spring then ur title should contain spring in it.

Creativity: 8.4/10
Storyline: 7/10
The whole content was just beautiful. The  way you described the view was very nice. And the msg. at the end was great.

Grammar: 8.9/10
Grammar was pretty good. Not much mistakes in it, as it can be rectify by a little bit proof reading.

Use of words: 3.2/5
Acc. to me, this criteria plays an important part in the story. On which you need to work out.

Total: 31.4/40

-----------

Overall of team (by judge) : 6.6/10

After reading the entire group work,I feel that it lacks the team work. No doubt u all have done a great job. Ur imagination is good. But as it said," prevention is better than cure". So,   if guys had been point out each other's mistakes and rectified it than it could be awesome work. But no worries, keep writing and growing. All the best.

**************

JUDGE:  priya_265

1) Endless Summer:

Title: 3/5

Creativity: 6/10

Grammar: 7.5/10

Storyline/ framation: 8/10

Use of words: 1.5/5

Total: 26/40

An amazing piece where summer holidays were described so beautifully but the creativity level was lacking. To be more detailed, describing summer through summer holidays and what the kids do in summer vacations is a common see through point. So, there’s where you lost few marks. On a plus point,  framing the storyline was something touched me. Leaving the creativity aside the way you’ve presented your story, giving a shimmery touch to each memorable component of vacations made me travel back into my memory lane when I used to have so much of fun. Specially those lines, “Those division of household chores among the people and happily doing them”, was something I could relate myself with. So in short, a great work. Still could’ve been more great in framing few parts.

Also, in summer the days are longer and nights are shorter. But, you’ve typed it in total opposite.

According to use of words criteria, only simple words were used and not something powerful or unique ones. Lastly, work on the grammar and try to make it look more attractive.

************

2) Showers of Heaven!

Title: 2.5/5

Creativity: 6.5/10

Grammar: 7/10

Storyline/ framation: 7.5/10

User of words: 1.5/5

Total:  25/40

Title was not much apt and captivating. Again the deduction is done due to the lack in creativity level. Though I can’t say this to be a common creative idea but according to me I’ve read some related stuff like this in books. 

Synonyms of rain are not what that you’ve mentioned in the story. Over all, nice work but still work on the parts where the points have been cut. Storyline needs a bit of work too.

*************

3) Autumn- fight thru all odds.

Title: 3/5

Creativity: 5.5/10

Grammar: 6/10

Storyline: 5/10

Use of words: 1.5/5

Total: 21/40

Nice attempt in show casing life of Medical students overweighed by the pressure of studies, a reality. But as I read further the reality seemed to disappear.

The questions started forming in my mind that you just have to survive autumn? Not winter and spring? And moreover, I didn't got the concept of flipping the calendar pages for assurance and seeing the months, June, July, Aug... May, June.

Firstly, I thought maybe you are trying to portray that you've whole 1 year left for preparation but even that doesn't made sense because, Autumn starts from August and ends in October. But here, you're seeing June's calendar which went above my head. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Everything was portrayed in simple words and no such efforts were visible in using well defined words which further led to decrease in marks.

*************

4) Winter- cold days… warm hearts

Title: 2/5

Creativity: 6.5/10

Grammar: 7/10

Storyline: 8/10

Use of words: 1.5/5

Total: 25/40

Lack in creativity as usual. But, description of the story a.k.a the framing of the story was nice. Work on the title as well, because to my eyes it didn’t seemed much catchy which it should be.

Also, there are many grammatical errors, too. One such case is, in winter days are shorter and nights are longer. Call it a lack of information or grammar, I don’t know. So, do work on it. 

*************

5) Spring Colors

Title: 2/5

Creativity: 6/10

Grammar: 6.5/10

Storyline: 7/10

Use of words: 3/5

Total: 24.5/40

Nice one but again a common one. Don’t know but the whole team has described just the of seasons instead of working on creativity. What we do in seasons is common but I’m looking for something which is beyond imagination.

Still, great work done!

___________________

All the team members please make sure to comment and shower your views on it. If you feel the review was wrong and harsh then, comments section are always open but again it's there point of view.

Also, if you want to ask a question or anything please do that politely and not in a bashing way because if a fight took place, it will only lead to your team marks deduction and not the judges.

Thank you❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

268K 40.4K 103
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး
3.9M 159K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
684K 1.1K 22
Smexy One shots😘 Got deleted twice 3rd times a charm🤦🏻‍♀️😭
43.9M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...