Smoke Clouds || Billy Hargrov...

By Cutehorse

'He gazed into her teary eyes, she ran her thumb over his bruising cheek. Smoke blew through their lips, ming... More

Summary
Epigraph
Prologue
Part I
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
Part II
25
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
Epilogue
Final Quote

26

10.7K 253 109
By Cutehorse

^^^^^

' ...one good reason why I shouldn't spit in your face. '

^^^^^

The house was quiet, lifeless. It made Eden uncomfortable as she looked around her childhood home to find it so dead. Not that it wasn't before. But, her mother was rushing to cook a meal in the kitchen, dust lined the banisters and shelves and nothing seemed to have moved an inch. She sat stiff on a stool in the kitchen, watching her mother work in a fluster; trying to cook her something as she arrived unannounced.

'Mum, I don't want food. I just want to talk,' She pressed.

'Nonsense,' Mary waved her off; 'The best way to talk is over food.'

'I don't want food, Mum! I want to know why you're getting that bastard out of prison?'

Her mother stopped then, leaning forward onto the bench with her eyes shut. Eden watched closely, eyes flicking over her slim figure.

'Because I'm lonely,' Mary finally said softly.

'You're lonely... So you're bringing back the very man that tried to kill your daughter, not once, but twice, because you're fucking lonely. Jesus Christ,' She sneered as she stood.

'Don't go.'

'Give me one good reason why I shouldn't spit in your face and walk right out that door.'

'Because I missed you, Eddy. I call you, all the time. But, you're always out, or at work, or sleeping-'

'Or maybe I just don't want to talk to you.'

Mary's face fell as she stared at her daughter, who's face was hard and eyes filled with anger. Her lower lip trembled lightly as she tried to keep herself together, tears welling in her eyes.

'If I were you, Mum,' Eden spoke lowly; 'I'd skip town... Once he's out. Because he's going to kill you for letting him stay in there for so long... I don't want to see you hurt.'

'Why would you care?' She croaked in an attempt to hide her feelings.

'Because I love you, Mum, even if you don't love me... Get out of town. I'll deal with Silas when he gets home.'

The girl turned away, snatching her keys from the bench as she went. She strode out of the house, clenching her eyes shut as she heard her mother's soft sobs behind her.

^^^^^

Karen Wheeler groaned when she saw Eden enter the pool, 'She's here.'

The women sitting either side of her looked toward the entrance of the pool, letting out disgusted sounds at the sight of Eden. The blonde passed by them, crossing the concrete surrounding the pool, stealing one of the rare pool chairs that was free.

'It's show time, ladies,' One of the other women propped herself up further, fixing her hair.

Eden smirked as she watched the Mums across the pool, chuckling to herself as she shook her head. For some reason she couldn't comprehend, they liked trying to nab her boyfriend's attention, which she found more then amusing. They were there almost every day, trying and failing each time. The girl's eyes fell to the bronzed skin of Billy as he stepped out of the change rooms shirtless, the female lifeguard on before him, Heather, passed in front of her.

All the girls surrounding the pool eyed off the male, only making her want to put on a better show as she stood and undid the large belt around her waist. Billy greeted the group of Mums as he walked by them, smiling cockily as their eyes roamed over him. But, that was when a beauty caught it eye, snatching it attention away; causing them to scowl. Eden pulled the oversized shirt over her head, revealing her toned body and new bikini she'd knew would drive Billy insane. It was a high cut yellow bikini bottom that showed off her bum, the top allowing her bust to sit up.

She blinked innocently as her gaze came to land on him, smiling slowly as he strode toward her; eyes roaming over her. She dropped her line of sight to the group of Mums glaring her way, sending them a cheeky wave with a fake smile until Billy's body blocked her line of sight. His large hands held her hips, drawing a sharp breath as he looked down her top. She raised his chin with her fingers, cocking a brow at him.

'Eyes are up here,' She stated.

'Just taking a peek,' He smirked.

'Take a peek later.'

He growled, causing her to smirk as she brought her hands up to lay either side of his neck.

'How'd it go with your Mum?' He asked.

'Kinda told her to get fucked... Just in a nicer way,' She sighed, shaking her head.

'Good.'

She nodded, holding his piercing blue gaze until he leant down to kiss her lips softly. She smiled into it, pulling him closer.

'How long you gonna tease me for today?' He muttered.

'I start work at ten, so an hour,' She informed him.

'We could go to the locker rooms-'

'I am not doing that again. That was grimy.'

He chuckled, pushing himself up to stand; pressing a kiss to her forehead.

'Don't tease me too bad,' He said into her skin as he looked around.

'What's gonna happen if I do?' She cocked a brow.

'I could think of plenty of things to do to that pretty little body of yours.'

She bit her lip, stepping around him; squealing when he slapped her arse as he walked by her. His laughter his her ears, her eyes raking over his body as he climbed up to sit in the high chair beside the pool; pulling his sunglasses down over his eyes. She knew they'd be watching her from behind their shade, and the thought excited her.

^^^^^

'Yo, Al,' Eden called as she wiped her hands on the grease covered towel; 'That's me done.'

The man pushed himself out from under the car her was working under, sitting up. She chucked the rag at him, pulling her mechanics overalls to sit around her waist; tying the sleeves in a knot to keep them up.

'How many hours this week?' Al asked as he limped over to his messy desk.

'Thirty,' She answered.

'There you go. I'll see you next week, sweetheart.'

'Thanks, Al. Have a good weekend.'

'You, too.'

She waved over her shoulder, heading for the cramped space of the lunch room; grabbing her bag. She stuffed the money inside her purse, tucking it back inside the bag as she headed for her car. She waved to Al as she passed by the entrance to the garage, eyes raking over the faded Al's Garage sign painted on the front of the old building. She drove through the empty main street of Hawkins, eyes moving over the empty shop fronts as passed by.

It was a shell of what it once was, most of the stores either moving to the new mall, Star Court, that had moved to town, or shut down for good. She pulled up out the front of the pharmacy, shutting over her engine to head inside. She searched the aisles she could peek down as she walked in for Joyce, the woman appearing not a second later with a bright smile.

'Eden, hey,' The woman greeted.

'Hey, Joyce,' She smiled as she hugged her; 'You busy?'

'Nope.'

'Cool. Um, I need some of that stuff you gave me to help get rid of the grease? And condoms.'

'Does Hopper know what you and Billy have been up to?'

'You gave me the talk for a reason, Joyce. Hopper was too awkward to.'

The woman laughed, leading her through the aisles to get her what she needed.

'Hey, is Jonathan home today?' She asked.

'Should be at the usual time,' Joyce nodded; 'Why's that?'

'I never see him anymore, that's all. He's too busy with Nancy for me these days.'

'Oh, I doubt that, sweetheart. He's always saying the same about you and Billy.'

She scoffed, 'Well, I'm going to see him tonight. If that's ok with you.'

'No worries. You're always welcome, you know that.'

'Thanks, Joyce.'

Eden handed her the cash she needed, tucking what little she had left away once more. She accepted what she'd brought and said goodbye to the woman, heading back out to her car.

^^^^^

'Jonny!' Eden called as she pushed open the front door to the Byers' household.

'In the kitchen,' Jonathan replied.

She made her way up the hall, entering the kitchen to find Will sitting at the kitchen bench as the boy cooked.

'Hey, little man,' She greeted.

'Eden!' Will cheered as he raced around the bench.

He was as tall her her now, which blew her mind as she hugged his skinny form. She messed up his hair as he stepped back, pulling her into the room. She smiled at Jonathan, leaning against the bench beside him.

'What's this I hear about you thinking I'm too busy for you these days?' She smirked.

He groaned, 'Mum.'

'Here, I thought it was you who was too busy for me.'

'I've been working.'

'So, I heard.'

She chuckled, patting him on the shoulder as she told him to relax. She moved to sit beside Will, leaning over to look as his latest drawing; smiling at how artistic the boy was.

'Hey, Mum said you rang last night? Everything ok?' Jonathan asked.

'Uh, no,' She ran her tongue along the bottom of her teeth; 'Will, you mind giving me and Jonny a second?'

'Sure,' The boy nodded.

'What's going on?' Jonathan asked once his brother was out of the room.

'Mum's bailing Silas out,' She murmured; 'I saw her today and told her to skip town, that I'd deal with him when he came home.'

'No.'

'I'm not gonna let him go after her, no matter how she's treated me. She's my Mum, Jonathan.'

'No, I mean, you're not dealing with him alone.'

'I can't ask you-'

'Yes, you can.'

She sighed, shaking her head; 'I would loose it if something happened to any of you because of me.'

'Nothing's gonna happen, Ed.'

'You can't promise that in this town.'

He sighed, rounding the bench to stand before her; placing his hands on her shoulders.

'We'll figure this out, ok?' He shook her lightly; 'Together. Even Steve will help.'

'He said he will,' She smiled softly.

'See? We're fine.'

'He's never won a fight in his life.'

'So? He'll be a good distraction.'

She laughed, shaking her head as she wrapped her arms around his waist; pulling him in close. He let out a surprised noise, but still wrapped his arms around her shoulders; letting her rest her head on his stomach. Eden let out a sigh, closing her eyes as she thanked her lucky stars for having someone as close to her as Jonathan who knew just how to make her feel better.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 51 21
20-year-old Penelope is grieving over the death of her then-boyfriend Billy Hargrove as the gang tries to battle starting high school and everyday ob...
90.7K 2.3K 68
People use many words to describe Madison Byers: sarcastic, smart, stubborn, quiet, caring, but most of all protective. She has protected everyone in...
312 0 11
"You okay?" He asked, pushing his hair from his face. "That was so hot." She said, taking a handful of his shirt and pulling him into a kiss for a mo...
571K 19.6K 39
-cherry wine ᡐᡃˣ α΅α΅ƒΚΈαΆ β±α΅‰Λ‘α΅ˆ "her eyes and words are icy" -How the new girl in Hawkins meet...