DYNASTY • a liskook au

Oleh akiflix

dy·nas·ty - a succession of people from the same family who play a prominent role in business, politics... Lebih Banyak

• synopsis •
• the cast •
episode 1: surprise, surprise
episode 2: evil little sister?
episode 3: oh brother!
episode 4: unpredictable
episode 5: do not mess with me
episode 6: match made in hell?
episode 7: it's over
episode 7.5: the wine cellar
episode 8: your last
episode 9: who are you?
episode 10: hitched without a hitch
episode 11: out-con the 97
episode 12: the husband
episode 13: fears and everything in between
episode 14: elements of a con
episode 15: mood
episode 16: friendzone
episode 17: the trade
episode 18: do you trust me?
episode 19: finding jungkook
episode 20: who are you?
episode 21: lucas
episode 22: when reality slaps you hard
episode 23: it's not over yet
episode 25: bae sooyoung
episode 26: dead men tell no tales
episode 27: bury a friend
episode 28: how to break a bitch
episode 29: of lies and alibis
episode 30.1: the end of a dynasty [part 1]
episode 30.2: the end of a dynasty [part 2]
special episode: epilogue

episode 24: in our blood

6.3K 395 69
Oleh akiflix

💎

"Well that's a weird hairdo."

Jin jumped as he got startled by her sister's sudden voice. He turned to the couch inside his office and there he saw Lisa sitting there with Namjoon.

"Kamjagi—are you two planning to kill me or something?" he asked as he brushed his hair with his hand.

"Welcome to the world of parenthood, oppa," she said as she stood up, taking one cup of coffee from the table and giving it to him. "This, my big brother, is your new best friend."

"Thanks," he said taking it. "What brings you to my office this early? Don't you have your own company to run?"

"I do, but, I heard the board's not actually pleased by the current stocks of YK," she said motioning Namjoon to come closer. "But I, being the best sister in the whole wide world, have come up with a solution that would basically guarantee a jump to the number one spot."

Jin forehead creased as he took the folder from Namjoon.

"I asked Namjoon oppa for next year's supposed to be products that could be sped up in production," she started off. "I don't see much innovation though. But, we can use a new software version to stall us before we release the next flagship."

"A new version of the OS?" he asked—his full attention on the paper. "This is risky, Lali. It may cause us issues, bugs and—"

"If we don't take risks now, when will we?" She countered. "Oppa, trust me. I'm currently in the software industry and bugs are a common thing that can be fixed through updates. But after running some tests and running it through a few developers from the 97, I'm sure there will only be minimal issues."

"And we need this, Jin," Namjoon interjected. "We need a new branding. A new face. And that's you. The board may not agree to it but you have to make them see that you are the company."

Jin just stared blankly at the folder. After everything that has happened, everything he found out from having a long lost brother to the real reason why their mother died, he had come to a realization.

"Lali, I don't need that," he said handing the document back to her.

"Oppa, I know it's not my place but, I just wanted to help—"

Jin smiled at his sister. "I don't need to prove myself, Lali."

The younger girl's forehead creased.

"Jin..."

He heaved a sigh before placing a hand on her shoulder.

"I'll be fine, Lali," he said. "Trust me."

A few days ago--right after Jisoo gave birth, he rushed back to the hospital suite to tell them that he was now a father to a gorgeous baby girl. But before he could even enter, he heard everything. Mr. Choi almost succeeding in replacing him, his grandmother giving the Chair position to Lisa and his sister screaming saying she refused to.

All his life he wanted to prove to his grandma that he was good enough. He thought he had proven her when she told him she's giving the position to him. But it seems like she didn't really trust him.

"Okay," Lisa said--slightly shocking him. "I trust you, oppa. But don't screw it."

He chuckled and playfully messed up her hair.

"Ya!"

"You'll be there to help me out when I do, right?"

She smiled. "Of course."

"Then let's face the wolves, shall we?"

💎

"Aren't you such an angel our little Sooji-ya..." Jisoo cooed at the sleeping infant in her arms. Then gently pinched her plump cheeks. "But a freakin' little demon last night. You didn't even let your dad sleep peacefully. It's supposed to be a big day today."

"It wasn't only Jin who didn't get a good night's sleep."

"G-Gra—" Jisoo almost screamed but was able to stop herself. "Grandma. You scared me."

"I know I'm not in good health but I'm no ghost, Jisoo," she sassed. "I'm still very much alive."

"That's not exactly what I was—" she stopped when the woman raised her hand. She was sitting on her wheelchair with the trusty Wooreum at her aid. "What brings you outside, grandma? Jin said you should be still resting."

"And bore myself to death? Not what the way I want to pass, my dear. I'd rather be hit by a bullet or two."

Jisoo can't help but sigh. The Kims do have a weird sense of humor. Quite morbid for her taste.

"I haven't seen your newly adopted house guest," the old woman said looking around the area. "Did she leave already?"

"She's with Chaeyoung," Jisoo answered as she laid the infant inside her crib. "Lisa wanted to buy her some supplies but was a bit busy so she asked Chaeng to accompany her."

"I see," she said before sparing a glance at her newly born great granddaughter. Then back at her. "I happen to overhear your conversation with Jin last night."

"Grandma I—"

"Don't be mistaken, Jisoo," she cut her. "I know my grandchildren well. And I know Seokjin's capabilities."

"Then why? Why are you taking the position away from him?" Jisoo sighed. "He worked his ass off that company. I can't deny Lisa's skills in running a company but Jin is as good as she is. He can be stubborn but he's good—"

"Like you said, he's stubborn," she stated. "That grandson of mine took stubbornness to a whole new level. So he needs to know I'm not having any of it. He needs to learn how to listen and the sooner the better. I'm not getting any younger, you know."

"Wha—?"

The old woman gave her a smile before signaling Wooreum to take her to the garden.

Jisoo can't help but admire the old woman. Wicked with her ways but pure with intentions. Lisa did take after her. The only difference is, her sister-in-law had the best partner-in-crime. She turned to her daughter.

"I'm looking forward to how cunning you'll be, Kim Sooji-ya."

💎

"The company is at it's lowest. Can you blame us for finding someone more competent?" Mr. Choi defended himself.

Sitting at the far end of the long conference table was the Chairman, Kim Seokjin with the odds at 62 to 38 against his replacement. How it happened? Simple.

Kim Seokjin himself convinced the other directors his competence and dedication for the company. It may not seem like he is but he's quite a good negotiator. He can be charming and cunning too, if needed. He's a Kim. It was in his blood.

Afraid of what would happen to him, Mr. Choi immediately defended himself to save face. And to save his position. Jin just scoffed and laughed.

"I understand, Mr. Choi," he said as he turned to him. "You were just concerned for the company. Change can be a bit scary too."

"Yes," Mr. Choi said shocked but nonetheless agreeing to whatever his new boss says. "Of course. But now that we see your dedication, I'm confident that the board has made the right decision of letting you stay in the position."

The corner of Jin's lip raised as he turned towards the other members of the board. Some—majority were Mr. Choi's croonies, nodded agreeing to their leader.

"Since we're all here, I'd also like to make an announcement," he said. "Effective today, I am relieving Mr. Choi from his position as director."

"What?!" The old mam roared as he shot up on his feet. "You can't do that to me—"

Jin just smirked before signaling two of his secretaries to hand out folders.

"These are the summarized financial reports for the last two years of YK. We might not be the top company but our sales was twice the past year. So why did our stocks go down?"

He then turned to Mr. Choi.

"I have found out that someone has been manipulating stocks for years," he stated with a smirk. "Inside those folders include evidences of stock pooling, market ramping and stock bashing damaging the company's image and local stock market."

And as if on cue, a group of detectives and some police, walked in the conference room with a warrant at hand.

"Mr. Jeremy Choi. You are requested to present yourself to court on charges of market manipulation as identified by Alistair Förger, trader for FK Financial, as the mastermind for said crime. You are also charged for three other charges—"

"This is absurd! You can't just—ya! I have the right to call my lawyer! I'll sue all of you!"

But the old man couldn't have done anything as he was dragged by the policemen outside of the conference room. Namjoon, still a son, bowed to Jin before going after the uniformed men. He stood up and left the room. Lisa followed suit.

"Where's my brother and what have you done to him?" She teased as they walked the empty hallway back to his office. "You looked so cool back there. But how did you know about the market manipulation? I have my own traders but they didn't see it—"

"I've been trading since I was thirteen, Li, in case you forgot," he said smiling. "All of you blamed me for the plummeting stocks, even Jisoo. But I was actually in the middle of investigating it. It didn't help when your article came out 'coz that didn't strengthen our case since it was actually true."

"So that's why you were so pissed at me?" she said in awe. "But you said it was my fault. You said that the bad publicity was what made the stocks go down—"

"Because our reputation wasn't that good to begin with," he explained. "Mr. Choi was actually paying reporters to dig dirt on our family as well as pay some tech influencers to write bad reviews about YK Electronics. I know stock bashing wasn't as bad as pooling in the olden days but now? Bad rep is bad rep in the business world."

Lisa smiled. Who knew her brother can kick ass like that? She was pretty convinced she's the only wicked third gen kid. It seems like they were two.

"So will you still ask Santa to make you an only child?" Jin asked as he put his arm around his sister.

"Well, getting all the toys this Christmas would be awesome though."

💎

"I can walk, Tae," Jennie repeated for the nth time. "It's not that big of a deal. I get sprained a lot and still wear high heels—ya!"

With one swoop, Jennie was already being carried bridal style by her fiancé. It didn't help that almost all employees in the lobby of Park Holdings' building is staring at them.

"You've been through a lot and the cast was just removed yesterday. And you have the audacity to go against your soon-to-be husband's orders not to come to work today," he said as he ignored all eyes on them as he walked towards the elevator. "So you have no right to stop me from doing what I think is best for you."

"Ugh. I can't with you Kim Taehyung," she said rolling her eyes at him. Then her gave landed on her secretary—and also close friend, Irene. She immediately hid her face on the crook of Taehyung's neck in embarrassment.

"Good morning, Miss Park," she greeted not a tad bit surprised with her current situation. "Good morning, Mr. Kim."

"Hey Irene," he greeted slightly tilting his head. "Sorry about this. Your boss is being her usual stubborn self so I had to do something."

"She does need to be taught a lesson, Sir," she said after chuckling a bit as she pressing the elevator's button for them. Jennie was still hiding her face.

"You're a piece of shit, Taehyung," she muttered making Irene smile.

"No need to be embarrassed, babe," Taehyung teased. "Miss Bae is very much accustomed to our PDA's."

As the elevator's door opened, Taehyung stepped in. The secretary didn't.

"You're not coming with us?" he asked to which she shook her head saying no.

"I'll take the next one," she answered smiling. "I'll clear Miss Park's schedule for the morning too after I prepare some morning snacks. I'll divert all incoming calls to the managing team. I'll also guard the door... just in case."

This made Taehyung smile.

"Thanks Irene," he said. "You're the best. Raise her salary, will you babe?"

"I'll tell the HR," Jennie muttered still too embarrassed to show her face as the elevator doors closed.

Irene's smile slowly faded. Five years. She waited for five years to get to where she is right now and soon enough, she'd get find out what really happened to her sister.

"Sooyoung-ie... Eonnie's gonna make them pay."

💎

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

205K 5.3K 33
Where lalisa manoban is forced to marry jeon jungkook biggest mafia of whole asia cause of her father's reputation but she falls in love with him...
60.9K 1.8K 19
lalisa maonban works at jeon interprises...her boss mr jeon suddenly thinks of giving his company on his son jeon jungkook's hand what will happen wh...
59.7K 876 44
Kim Lalisa is a girl from Thailand. A girl with a beautiful and the kindest heart. She has an excellent business degree. But at last, sometimes bad...
292K 8.1K 41
-COMPLETE- Jennie Kim, a mafia queen's daughter that's so desperate to kill her rival who came out of nowhere and pulling down her reputation in Worl...