Cali Love

By Shayylondon

Baldwin Hills, known as the City in the Clouds, The Black Beverly Hills, lives of the privileged sons and dau... More

Snippet
Snippet 2
Snippet 3
COPYRIGHT 2019
Cast
One
Two
Three
Four
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
TwentyOne
TwentyTwo
TwentyThree
Twenty four
Twenty Five
TwentySix
TwentySeven
TwentyEight
Twentynine
Thirty
ThirtyOne
ThirtyTwo
ThirtyThree
ThirtyFour
ThirtyFive
ThirtySix
ThirtySeven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
CALI LOVE ( II )

Five

2.9K 174 92
By Shayylondon

Cali Serenity

The next couple of days were a blur to me. Although KJ and Kross didn't tell me they killed those guys verbatim, something in my heart tells me that they did. What the fuck?

What 16year old do you know is dealing with this type of trauma?

What makes shit worse is I cannot go to my parents about this shit whatsoever.  If I were to even mention anything about me being robbed, the interrogation from my parents would begin like I was the one who shot someone. 

I haven't spoken to anyone since that day and quite frankly I don't want to be around anyone.

I didn't go to school today and my mother didn't question it. She says I've been acting funny but not gonna pressure me to talk to her.

I overheard her telling my auntie it must be some "teenage shit" or whatever.

I would wake up in cold sweats about the past events that occurred since this past week.

The groping and being held at gunpoint to hearing gunshots, seeing KJ and Kross with blood splattered on their clothing and shoes. 

Laying in the bed watching Love and Hip Hop Atlanta was on the agenda today as my long hair sprawled out across my pillow.

The sunshine peeked through my white chiffon drapes as my scented wallflower, Island Margarita from bath and body works filled my bedroom, calming my racing thoughts.

My eyes quickly diverted from the TV as I watched my bedroom door creak open.

Bryson poked his head in the room looking like a spitting image of our father, except he was taller and had spinning waves with a fresh line up as well.

"You good?" he asked, staring at me with his brown eyes.

"Yeah. I'm good" I responded, sitting up.

"Monique here," he said, opening the door more.

I rolled my eyes at the sight of my friend who was standing there with her hair in a tight top knot bun and our school uniform on. 

I cut my eyes at Bryson who shrugged his shoulders before walking away and going downstairs.

"Hey Cali" she softly spoke, sitting down on the edge of my bed. "Why you ain't come to school today?"

"I'm shocked like you really bold bitch for coming to my house and didn't ask can you come to stop by. I thought you'd understand that I wasn't talking to you"

"What the fuck Cali" Monique spat with a confused look. "You told me you got robbed and then you dodge all my texts and Facetime calls and you won't speak to me"

"Its yo fucking fault!"

"My fault?" Monique questioned.

"Yes bitch your fault" I shot back, throwing the covers off of me.

I stood up in my purple Love Pink shorts and my cropped UCLA t-shirt that showed my diamond belly ring. I placed my hand on my hip as I stared at Monique, who looked up at me with her Hazel green eyes that were piercing through my soul right now.

"If you didn't leave me to go home by myself then maybe I wouldn't have gotten robbed. How could you ask me to come somewhere with you and then leave me to go home by myself in a fucking neighborhood that I have no clue about? I'm a hills girl bitch!"

"Cali" Monique softly spoke. "That was not my intention and I was wrong for leaving you by yourself to go home. I am so sorry and I mean that. I really do"

I walked over to my bedroom door, pulling it open.

"I stayed home for a reason and I haven't been talking to you for a reason. I need my space and I need my time"

Monique licked her lips before standing up and adjusting her beige MCM backpack on her shoulder before shaking her head and walking towards my room door.

My eyes followed her every step as she looked down at my carpeted floor before she looked up and her eyes met mine.

"Cali...I'm sorry," she said, before exiting my room.

I twisted my lips up and closed my bedroom door before laying down and sighing.  I know Monique is sorry but I need time to myself to forgive her. 

It's her fault I got robbed and that's something  I'm going to have to go through on my own time.

-------

"Cali!"

my eyes fluttered as I thought I was in a dream hearing my mom shout my name.

"CALI!" her shouting got louder in my dream, causing me to groan and open my eyes.

The hazy view showed a silhouette standing by my bed. I sat up, squeezing my eyes tightly to gain focus to only see my mom standing there with her hands on her curvy hips. 

Her eyes widened as she stared at me with her chestnut brown eyes.

"Ma?" I said with a groggy voice, squinting. 

"What the hell did you do all day?"

"I didn't do anything today ma"

"My point exactly," she said, pointing her finger at me with her pink stiletto nail. "You've been home all day, ya father and I let you stay home from school and you couldn't do ya damn chores?"

I sighed as I watched my mom turn around and walk towards my bedroom door, snatching the door open.

"Get up and come do these dishes so I can start cooking dinner. Now"

"Okay," I said.

"Right now. Not in two minutes, not in one...now Cali"

I rolled my eyes as my mother disappeared into her bedroom. I reached over to my makeup vanity and grabbed my phone that was fully charged, seeing a shit load of texts and notifications from my social media accounts.

I slipped on a pair of orange true religion sweat pants and my Gucci slides before heading downstairs. The TV was playing Real Housewives of Atlanta as I made my way in the kitchen to see a shit load of dishes that Bryson must have created before he decided to walk his black ass out of the house and spin the streets of L.A

"Get on my damn nerves" I murmured as I began to wash the dishes in the sink and place them inside of the dishwasher for extra washing.

My mother wasn't a fan of the dishwasher and always bitching about how my grandma would make her hand wash everything although they were proud owners of a perfectly working dishwasher in their home as well.

I'm just convinced my momma like to cause big drama, as Nicki Minaj would say. She just likes everything done a certain way. I can't knock her cause I'm the same way.

I heard the house door open and slam, making me jump and heart race. The littlest sounds make my anxiety rush through the roof ever since that situation in south central.  As I continued scrubbing the pots and pans that Bryson fucked up, my daddy appeared in the kitchen wearing his infamous Compton hat and his car keys jingling. 

"Hey baby girl"

He stopped before me and kissed my cheek before walking around me and opening the fridge.

"Hi daddy"

"How was school?" he questioned, bending down in the fridge." Damn...ya momma aint start dinner yet....LESHAY!" he screamed.

"I didn't go to school today"  I responded, rolling my eyes. "You told me I could stay home today remember?"

My dad turned and looked at me as he grabbed a can of Pepsi out of the fridge. He cracked the can open, taking a swig before groaning.

"Shiiiiiit" he groaned before burping and placing the can down on the island counter in the middle of our Kitchen"

"I did?" he questioned before turning his attention to my mom.

My mother entered the kitchen with her hair pinned up in a messy bun with two Chinese chopsticks, a white tank top and a pair of brown joggers from New York and Company with her fuzzy slippers on her feet.

"Hey babe," she said, pecking my dad on the lips.

"Where the food at?" he asked, resting his hands on mommy's hips. "A nigga just knew you were gonna fry some shit up"

"I just got home not even 15 minutes ago"

"You gonna make some tacos?"

My mother sucked her teeth, causing me to giggle as she walked away from my dad and began taking food out of the fridge to cook.

"You gonna turn into a damn taco. You don't get tired of that shit?"

I glanced over at my dad as he leaned against the kitchen counter biting his bottom lip as he admired my mother's frame. I shook my head, hoping to have someone as funny and loving as my dad when I decided to give one of these wack ass niggas a chance.

After loading the dishwasher up, I headed into the living room and at least 45 minutes later, my mother was calling my dad and me to the dinner table to eat dinner.

One thing about my momma is she can cook her ass off, which is why I make it my duty to go running at least 2 miles a day and hitting the gym to keep this stomach flat and this ass fatter. 

I washed my hands after retrieving my cell phone in my room, posting a picture of myself thats old to me but new to y'all, waiting for my notifications to boom as usual.

My mother cooked my spoiled ass dad some street style steak tacos with a side of corn elotes and yellow beans and rice, topping it with fresh squeezed lemonade.  If my mother wasn't a hair stylist and an MUA, she damn sure could have been a professional chef.

"Damn right!" daddy shouted, rubbing his hands together as my mom sat his plate down in front of him.

"Thanks, momma" I softly said as she placed my food in front of me.

"You welcome baby" she smiled, sitting down with her plate and her big cup of water.

Mommy blessed the table while daddy snuck to pick some toppings out of his taco, causing me to giggle as she finished up prayer.

"Amen," we said in unison.

We grubbed for a few and it was silent. My mom and dad kept sneaking peaks at me as if they wanted to talk to me about something, so I braced myself.

"You've been an okay doll?" momma asked.

I chewed my food, nodding.

"Yeah, I'm okay mommy why?"

"Well...you've been really quiet lately"

I jerked my head back, "I'm loud or something"

"You ain't been begging for nothing, no money, no gas money, no new clothes, a purse, that bundle hair stuff you always, nails, nothing" daddy added with a mouth full of food.

I pressed my lips together as I looked down at my nails that were crying for a fill-in. I've been in my own little world that I didn't realize I've my nail appointment with my nail tech, Jessica who is known for doing all types of celebrities nail.  Now I gotta see if she can squeeze me in at some point this week.

"Eric" my mother cut her eyes at my dad. "We just noticed that you spend a lot of time in your room now"

"I mean...it's my room mommy"

"Did something happen Cali?" she asked simply.

"No" I answered before looking down at my food. "I'm fine"

"Then what happened to your watch?" Daddy asked.

I quickly looked up to see both my parents staring at me waiting for an answer.  The sounds of a commercial played on the TV in the living room.

"What watch?"

"Oh yeah, she done lost her crazy ass mind," Daddy said before biting his taco.

"Cali...what you mean what watch?" mommy asked, raising a brow. "The Tiffany watch your daddy bought for Valentines Day"

"I lost it" I lied, biting down on my bottom lip.

My mother's plate rattled as she dropped her spoon down on the white porcelain plate as she leaned back in her seat. Daddy swallowed his food so quick and chugged down the cup of lemonade he had sitting by his plate. 

"I know you ma'fuckin lyin!" my mother screamed, causing me to slump down in my seat.

"Cali...ain't no way in hell you lost that watch" daddy said with his eyes closed and leaning back in his seat, not convinced by the stories I was giving.

My eyes stared down at my sweats as I felt the familiar feeling I know oh so well, the waterworks were about to start flowing.  I sniffled as I looked up at my parents.

"Mommy...daddy" I whined as I felt my chest heave up and down.

"Cali, what's wrong?" Daddy said as his eyebrows furrowed. "Why you crying?"

"I-I...I was"

"You was what?" they both said at the same time.

"R-Robbed"

"ROBBED!" they shouted in unison.

Daddy stood up from the table and stared at me for split second. Mommy stood up as well and placed her hands on the table.

"WHEN....WHAT THE HELL...WHAT!" mommy shrieked.

"Why the hell didn't you say anything?" Daddy shouted. "Where the fuck was you robbed at?"

I didn't say anything.

"HELLO?!" Daddy yelled, waving his hand in front of my face. "Where the fuck was you robbed?"

"I...on...on...Slauson"

"OH YOU GOTTA BE SHITTIN ME!" mommy yelped as she slammed her hands on the table with widened eyes.

"Cali what the FUCK...were you doing in South Central?!" Daddy yelled, causing me to jump.

I couldn't help my tears at this point. They flowed freely down my make-up free face as I chewed on my bottom lip and twirled my fingers like I would do when I was a little girl.

"I w-went with Monique and-"

"SO she left you by yourself?!" mommy interrupted me.

"I..." I didn't finish my sentence as she pressed her lips together.

She made her way over to me and placed my face in the palms of her hands. "You should have said something Cali, that is not something you keep from us at all"

"Ma...I-I know..." I cried. "I just wanted to forget about it"

My mom was kissing my forehead as my daddy screamed every cuss word in the urban dictionary that you could think of, waving his left hand around and his taco in his right hand.

At this point I was hysterical and I didn't want to think about that foul ass moment. I just wanted to erase that from my memory.  If my parents tripping about me being robbed, I' ma leave out the whole assault and KJ possibly having a body on his hands.

It is just too risky and didn't want KJ name popping up in anything.

I'll get through this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.8K 1.8K 11
I wanted a B**** who was down to earth but she want the gotdamn sky ...
975 76 5
Not Used To It - Chris Brown x Saweetie Fan Fiction Sienna Mendoza Davis has a reputation of being perfect. The Perfect Daughter. The Perfect Sister...
19.1K 626 23
"𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐫, 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞" ongoing ! •𝙠𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙫𝙧𝙚 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙙𝙪𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨
6.1K 529 32
-the real story of Peter Pan- Meant to be. Those three words have tormented countless minds since all of eternity. When someone says we're meant to...