Honest

By love_for_aug

"All I want you to be with me is honest..." *Not mandatory to read these books in order, but if you want a b... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46

10

3.3K 179 282
By love_for_aug

  So they say, she's a problem
It ain't nothin' 'cause I'm known to be a solver
And I ain't worried about what other people call her
So I'll say (so I'll say)
I tamed a wild one (I tamed a wild one)
I ain't saying I can make nobody perfect
But I can really see what's underneath the surface
'Cause when I'm looking in her eyes I
See there's love inside I
Wanna be the one to show her
That I'm truly devoted
She's gonna know it

"Hey Mase." Deja answered her phone as she walked out of class, still putting her books in her bag.

"Hey, you out of class yet?"

"Yeah, I just walked out. Why?"

Feeling a pair of hands on her waist, she jumped and almost screamed until she saw that Mason was the one who had grabbed her.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" She frowned, pushing him away from her.

"I'm sorry." He chuckled, pulling her back into him. "I couldn't help myself."

"Mason, you can't just be on campus like this. What are you doing?" She asked, looking up at him.

"You act like these people know if I'm a student or not. I'm in the same age group as everyone here. But I'm taking you shopping." He said, bending down to kiss her.

"Shopping? For what?" She asked once he had pulled away.

"Food. Clothes." He shrugged. "I'm taking you on a date tonight."

"A date?" She smiled. "Are you asking me or telling me, sir?"

"I mean... I'm telling you. But I got something in the car for you so that it doesn't seem like I'm forcing anything I guess." He shrugged, making her laugh.

"Well okay." She smiled, holding onto his arm as he lead her to the car. "What did you have in mind?"

"Dinner?" He suggested.

"Sounds good. Can I suggest where we have dinner?"

"Be my guest."

"Your place... and you cook it." She said, making him frown as he looked down at her.

"Deja, I can't cook." He said, opening the car door for her.

"Exactly. So why don't we have a cooking date? We can go to the store to get stuff and I can teach you. Then we can light some candles and rent a movie." She said, sitting down in her seat.

"That's your ideal date?" He frowned. "You don't wanna get fancied up and go out?" He asked, looking down at her.

"No." She shook her head. "I can't cuddle with you and kiss you in a restaurant. At home, we can cook together, kiss, and cuddle. We can do anything we want, and you won't have to spend all that extra money for it."

"You're sure that's what you wanna do?" He asked.

"Yeah, Mase." She smiled.

"Alright." He shrugged. "Then let's go get stuff to cook with."

Closing her door, he went around to get in on his side and pulled out of his parking space.

"Are you bringing me back here tonight or am I staying at your place?" She asked, gently rubbing his arm.

"I mean... I got work in the morning at the store, but you're more than welcome to stay over." He said.

"Okay. I'll just chill at your apartment until you get off." She shrugged. "So stop by my dorm please, I need to get my things."

"You should just let me go ahead and clear out that one drawer for you so you can leave some of your things over there." He chuckled. "That way we don't have to do this every time."

"Yeah, that'd be pretty smart." She laughed softly, "I'll start leaving some stuff over there instead of bringing it back with me, but only if you actually start doing your freaking laundry. I swear, you procrastinate more than any man ever."

"No I don't." He frowned.

"Yes you do. You literally will not wash your clothes until you're completely out of outfits. I'm not gonna be doing all this for you, Mase. I'm gonna teach you how to cook tonight and we're gonna do that laundry."

"We're not doing laundry on our date, Deja." He chuckled. "I'll do it tomorrow."

"Mhm." She mumbled, already knowing that he was gonna forget.

Once they made it to her dorm, they both went inside together and while she started to get her things together, Mason took a seat on her bed.

"Why do your sheets smell like that?" He frowned, picking up on the scent of alcohol, but considering that he had never been around alcohol in his life, he was unable to tell what the smell was exactly.

"Like what?" She asked, going over to him.

"I don't know... they smell weird." He said, holding her blanket up to his nose.

"They probably just need to be washed." She said, feeling her nerves pick up. "I went out to the club a few times with Carrie so that's probably what the smell is."

"Oh." He mumbled, still frowning slightly as he watched her pack her things. "What are you doing going to clubs?"

"I don't know." She shrugged. "Carrie invites me so I go."

"Mm." He mumbled, continuing to watch her.

He wasn't suspicious of her at all, he just wasn't very happy with the newfound information of her going to clubs. He had never been to one, but he knew out of common sense that they weren't safe.

Once she had double checked that she had everything she needed, they left her dorm and went right back to his car, but not before he stopped her and made her take a picture, just because she looked beautiful and he wanted it.

"And you like to call me weird." She mumbled.

"Girl, shut up." He frowned, turning his lip up at her as he opened the car door for her.

Laughing lowly, she gently rubbed her hand over his stomach before she got in the car, making him smile as he closed her door and went around to get in on his side.

"Mason?" She questioned, looking over at him once he started driving.

"Wassup?"

"Are we um... are we a couple?" She asked, making him furrow his eyebrows.

"I mean... we never put a title or an official meaning to us, but I think that it's pretty clear to us and everyone around us that you're mine and I'm yours." He shrugged. "But can we not talk about that, please? It's kind of ruining my plans for tonight."

"Got it." She nodded with a small smile, catching the hint.

Once they were almost to the store, Mason's phone started ringing with a call from his father, making him sigh softly.

"Yeah dad?" He answered, placing his phone in his lap after he put it on speaker.

"Hey, Mase. You're sister got in another fight today so can you go grab her, please?" He asked. "You can just drop her off at my office."

"Okay." He mumbled, hanging up the phone with a small eye roll. "I'm 'bout tired of this shit."

"How far away is her school?" Deja asked, looking over at him.

"About five minutes."

Nodding, she stayed silent but rubbed his arm slowly, making him smile as he kept his eyes on the road.

"Why are you always rubbing on me?" He asked, glancing down at her hand.

"I don't know. It's just a habit I guess." She shrugged. "Want me to stop?"

"No." He shook his head. "Rub away my, Queen."

Laughing softly, she shook her head but continued to rub his arm while she stared at his side profile, admiring him.

"I wish I had some blinds right here so I could just pull a string and just block your weird ass from staring at me." He said, making her mouth fall open.

"You're so mean for no reason." She shook her head. "I'm not even gonna look at you anymore." Turning in her seat, she placed her elbow on the door and stared out the window, making him laugh.

"Bruh, no." He chuckled and reached over, gripping her thigh.

"No. If I can't look at you then you cant touch me." She said and smacked his hand.

"Don't hit me." He frowned, smacking her thigh.

"I'll hit you all I want." She frowned and hit his arm again.

"And I'll keep hitting you back." He said, slapping her thigh again.

"Bro, I will give you the biggest neck of your life." She said seriously.

"And I'll wreck the fuck outta this car. Then we'll both be in a hospital." He said.

"Okay? And watch me get my ass up out that hospital bed and rip out your life support. Do you wanna die Mason? Because that's where this will lead. To death." She said, making him glance over at her with his mouth open.

"Wow. All because I said you couldn't look at me? Lose the innocent façade, you're crazy as hell. Just plain evil."

"You've been known that, Mason." She said and looked over at him with a bored expression. "Did I or did I not smack you with my math book when you stole that gummy out my desk when we were in sixth grade?"

"Yo... you did." He chuckled and glanced over at her. "And we both got sent to the office."

"I would've been the only one sent out, but you decided to get mad and take the whole bag of gummy's that I wasn't even supposed to have in there. And your dad got mad at us for getting ISS. He really made us clean your house every single day after school for a month, even though it was already spotless."

"Bro." He chuckled. "Remember when he made slime with Amir and Blessing then let them get it all in the carpet and on the floor just so we had something to clean?" He asked, making her laugh and nod.

"He really went out of his way to make messes for us to clean." She laughed. "And we never got in trouble again after that."

"Sure the fuck didn't." He chuckled, pulling into the parking lot of Blessing's school. "You wanna wait in the car while I go get her or do you wanna come with me?"

"I'll come." She said, taking her seatbelt off.

Getting out of the car, Mason grabbed her hand and lead her inside to the office. Once they were inside, he immediately looked at Blessing who was sitting in one of the chairs amongst a group of other kids, a small scratch on her face. But what caught his eye was Amir sitting next to her with a bruise already on his eye.

"What happened?" Mason frowned, going over to his siblings before he went to talk to the principal.

"That boy was picking on Amir again." Blessing said, looking at the little boy that was sitting next to her. "And I swear Mason, I tried not to fight him. I really really did, I grabbed Amir and tried to leave and then he tried to trip Amir. So I pushed him and his little girlfriend decided to hit me, so I beat her ass. And then his stupid self saw his girlfriend was losing and tried to fight me too, so Amir got involved in it even though I told him not to and he almost had an asthma attack." She explained, anger clearly written on her face and etched in her voice.

Sighing, Mason glanced at the kids who were responsible for bullying his younger siblings and looked over the cuts and bruises on their arms and faces.

"You think it's cool to hit on girls?" Mason asked, looking at the boy.

Looking up at Mason, the boy frowned but looked away, not answering him.

"Answer him, ugly." Blessing said, looking at him with a disgusted look on her face.

"Shut up, bitch." He frowned, turning his lip up at her.

Before Mason or anybody else could say anything, Blessing took them all by surprise when she stood up and literally smacked the spit out of his mouth and snatched him out of his seat, but before she could really start to go ham on him, Mason grabbed her and lifted her off the ground, preventing it from going any further.

Grabbing Blessing, Deja held her firmly against her and watched as Mason grabbed Amir and made him stand from his seat, beyond pissed off at this point.

Pushing Amir towards Deja and his sister, he turned back around and snatched the little boy up by his shirt, instantly making the principal and other women in the office rush over to him, but Mason paid them and their grabbing zero mind.

"Put your hands on my sister or call her out her name again, and I promise that she won't be the only one beating your little punk ass." He said. "I will fuck your ass up lil bitch."

"Mason." Deja said, grabbing him by the arm. "Mason put him down."

Letting go of his shirt, Mason pushed the boy away from him, making him stumble over his feet and hit the wall.

"Let's go. Now." Mason said, pushing all three of them towards the door with nothing but anger written on his face.

Once they were all in his car, Mason said nothing as he started the short drive to his fathers work, still trying to control his breathing.

Watching him, Deja couldn't help but to smile to herself as she took notice to the tight grip he had on the steering wheel and the way his jaw was still clenching while his nostrils flared slightly. Unable to help herself, she bit down on her lip and subtly clenched her thighs together to try and suppress the throbbing sensation she was suddenly feeling.

Feeling the car come to a stop, she finally looked up and realized that they were now in front of the building DJ worked in.

"Go straight to dads office and tell him that I'm gonna call him tomorrow." Mason said, still staring straight ahead.

Nodding, the two of them got out of the car and once they were inside the building, Mason drove off, still taking short breaths.

Stopping at a red light, Mason sighed out of frustration when he realized that they were now stuck in the traffic that he was trying to beat.

But since they were stopped, Deja decided to take advantage of the moment. Sitting up in her seat, she reached over and gently grabbed Mason by the face, making him look at her.

"What?" He mumbled.

Biting down on her lip, she leaned over and pressed her lips firmly against his, instantly feeling him kiss her back as she slid her tongue past his lips and rubbed it against his, making his mood calm down completely.

"You look so sexy when you're mad." She said, making him smirk as she pecked his lips again.

"I do?" He chuckled.

"Mhm." She smiled and kissed him again. "So sexy."

"You're so bold." He chuckled as he stared at her lips. "I don't think you understand how attractive that is to me."

"Show me." She shrugged with a small smile.

Chuckling, he gently gripped her chin and slid his tongue into her mouth before kissing her deeply, making her moan softly into his mouth, surprising both of them.

Biting down on his lip, he finally pulled away from her and started to drive again, making her smile to herself as she sat back in her seat and continued to bite down on her lip.

--

After going to the store, they both returned to Mason's apartment and went into his kitchen to take all that they bought out of the grocery bags.

"Okay." She said. "Since it's still early, I'm gonna go take a shower. We can start cooking when I get out."

"Cool." He nodded. "I showered before I went to get you so I'm gonna play the game while I wait for you."

"Okay." She smiled, rubbing her hand over his stomach again before she left and went to his room, closing the door behind her.

Smirking to himself, he bit down on his lip and walked into his living room, taking a seat on the couch. He wasn't much of a gamer and never had been, but whenever he was bored, he would often play something to pass the time.

Grabbing his controller, he started to play one of the few games he had, but quickly became bored as he always did and ended up turning his TV off after only five minutes. Twisting his lips to the side, he reached into his pocket and pulled out the small box that contained his gift for Deja.

Opening the box, he stared down at the piece of jewelry and sighed softly. What he had gotten was definitely expensive and that much was obvious, so he knew he would most likely hear her mouth about it before she told him how much she loved it. But this particular piece of jewelry was one that she had always wanted as a kid but knew she would never get because of its outrages prices. And since Mason loved her, he spent most of his savings to buy it and have it custom made, just so this night would go even more perfect for them and with what he had planned.

Sighing softly, he closed the box and put it back in his pocket, looking up when he heard his bedroom door open.

"That was a quick shower." He chuckled, smiling when she plopped down on his lap and wrapped her arms around his neck, letting him hold her waist.

"I know." She smiled, "that was the point."

"Oh." He nodded. "Well, you smell good."

"Thanks." She said, placing a quick kiss on the corner of his lips. "You wanna start on dinner now? It might take a while."

"Yeah." He nodded.

Getting off of the couch, Mason kept his hands on her waist while they walked to the kitchen, making her smile softly to herself.

"Okay, just to make a few things clear. You will not be touching and feeling all up on me while I cook, you're learning and you're going to be doing most of the cooking, okay?"

"Sure." He mumbled, still holding her waist.

"Okay, now wash your hands." She told him.

Letting her go, he moved over to the sink and started to wash his hands like she had told him while she grabbed a few pans out of his cabinets.

"Okay, now get me your scissors." She said while she removed the dead lobsters they had bought from the bag they were in.

Grabbing the scissors out of one of the drawers, he went to hand them to her, but she only laughed.

"Nice try. Cut up the tail." She said, handing him one of the lobsters. "Just the shell."

Nodding, he started to do what she said while she watched, just to make sure he didn't mess up.

"Couldn't we have chose something easier to cook?" He asked, glancing at her.

"Yeah, but I really wanted lobster and you agreed. Now keep cutting. And once you finish, use a spoon to get the meat out and do the same with the other lobsters. I'm gonna get everything else ready."

"Okay." He nodded.

Moving away from him, she preheated his oven before grabbing all the spices and other ingredients they bought. After melting some butter, she then put all the spices in it and mixed it together, just as Mason had finished getting all the meat out of the shells.

"Come here, and bring the meat." She told him.

Nodding, he grabbed it and walked over to her.

"Okay, now dip each piece into this and put it on that pan. Then put it in the oven and set it for fifteen minutes, then we can start making the sides." She told him.

Nodding, he did as she said while she started to prep for the garlic bread.

Once he placed the lobster tail in the oven, he walked up behind Deja and wrapped his arms around her waist again, making her smile.

"On a scale from one to ten... how mad would you be if I slapped the fuck out of your ass?" He asked, making her laugh softly.

"Zero." She shrugged, making him raise his eyebrows. "I'd most likely tell you to do it again."

"Deadass?" He chuckled, gripping her waist a little tighter.

"Mhm." She smiled.

Smirking to himself, he took one hand off of her waist and did exactly what he wanted to do. Smacking her on the butt, he didn't do it as hard as he wanted, but it was enough to make her jump slightly and bite down on her lip.

"I expected harder." She said, making him smile.

"I'll do it harder." He shrugged.

"Do it."

Smirking, he did it again, harder this time to the point where it made his hand sting, but to where it made Deja jump harder and grip the counter, biting down firmly on her lip.

"That's how you smack my ass, Mase." She told him. "Every time."

"Yes ma'am." He smirked, gently rubbing over where he had hit her.

Once dinner was finished and they had their plates made, the two of them settled down in the living room at his coffee table, using the pillows from his couch to sit on. With the lights out, they had lit some candles that sat on the table and had soft music playing in the background from his TV.

"I can't believe this is actually how you wanted to spend your first date." He chuckled.

"I like intimacy, Mason." She shrugged. "I like spending quality time without the unnecessary amount of people around us. This is nice right? Just us so it's super peaceful, it's cute, and it's romantic."

"It is... its super nice." He nodded in agreement.

"Try your food." She smiled. "It's good."

"Is it?" He asked, watching as she took her second bite of it.

"Mhm, you did good."

"I only did good because you had control of everything I did." He chuckled. "Barking orders at me and shit."

"Boy shut up." She chuckled. "In between you touching all on me and me trying to make this dinner turn out good, I'd say we did a good job."

"Mhm." He chuckled, taking a bite of the food. "Damn... this is good." He nodded in approval.

"Told you." She smiled.

For the next couple of minutes, the two of them ate in silence, other than the music playing in the background. And after a nice amount of time had passed, Mason cleared his throat and took a small sip from his water bottle.

"So, DeeDee." He said, making her look at him.

"What's up?" She asked.

"You remember in the car earlier when you asked if we were a couple and I told you not to keep up with that topic?"

"Mhm." She chuckled. "I assume you're gonna bring up that topic again."

"I am." He chuckled softly, reaching into his pocket. Pulling out the box, he sat it on the table, making her raise an eyebrow and look at him.

"What's that?" She asked.

"Open it." He shrugged.

Squinting at him, she swallowed the food that was in her mouth and grabbed the box, gasping softly when she opened it.

"Jeremiah... no." She shook her head and looked at him with wide eyes before looking back down at it. "Is this fake? Please tell me it's not real and that it'll turn my wrist green if I take a shower with it."

"No, it's not fake." He chuckled. "It's real."

"Mase..." she frowned, staring down at it again. "Why?"

"Because... I remember when you first heard of the brand while we were watching TV and you always talked about how you wanted a Cartier bracelet but you knew you'd never be able to afford one. So I thought that maybe I would spend the money I had in my savings and get it for you. I wanted to make you smile and I also wanted to make it very special."

"Thank you, Mase." She smiled, moving around the table so she could hug his neck. "I love it."

"You're welcome." He smiled. "But look on the inside of it."

Doing as he said, she looked at the inside of the bracelet and stared at the engraving of a date, frowning slightly.

"That's today's date isn't it?" She asked, frowning. "Why is that on here?"

"I wanted to make this bracelet even more sentimental than it probably already is... so I got today's date engraved in it because tonight... I wanna ask you to officially be my girlfriend... and give this date meaning."

"Really?" She smiled, looking up at him.

"Yeah." He chuckled. "So will you?"

"Yes." She smiled, hugging him again.

Smiling, he hugged her back and gently took the bracelet from her hand, assisting her in putting it on her wrist.

"Mason... Thank you so much. I love it." She smiled,  still holding onto him. "And I love you."

"I love you too." He chuckled, gently rubbing her back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Little bit of a booboo ending but oh well. I was gonna add another lil scene in there but I think it's too soon for that soooo Nah, lol.

Tell me how you guys feel about this so far. Any thoughts, comments, questions, or concerns??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

290K 10.7K 63
She never thought she would find someone that she could fall so fast in love with. He changed everything. He showed her that she could have someone...
1.5K 106 21
Aurora, 17 years old, she is stunningly beautiful, and pure, she's hot tempered and strong willed. Guys lined up for her attention, girls envied her...
20K 751 57
Dave east and Yara♥️ Read and find out
1.4M 44.9K 50
⚠ Warning sexual content!!! ⚠ *Book 1 of the "Unexpected Lovestory" Series* She loved her husband more than her last breath. She was blinded, deafene...