When in London (One Direction...

By SkylarJay

| Highest Ranking: #1 in Fanfiction | Katie Niroman has been best friends with Niall Horan since birth. They... More

1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35

4

500K 3.4K 334
By SkylarJay

Three days.

It's been three days since I agreed to live with Niall and the boys when I reach London.

Two hours.

Two hours from now I will be seated on a private jet making my way to London, England.

I looked around my room, trying to scope out anything that I might have forgotten. My room had been completely packed up, except for the furniture that couldn't be taken with me. Paisley had helped me with it, because whenever my mom tried to pack an item, she would burst into tears and have to leave the room. I think this was going to be harder on her than it was on me.

I was so nervous. Leaving my family and friends here in Canada for a few years was going to be extremly hard. I was always really close with my family, so to only see them a couple times a year would probably be the worst part to this whole situation. I didn't know what anything was going to be like when I reached London. Niall said they were going to pick me up from the airport, so I guess I was going to meet his friends when I got there. My dad had to go to work early today, so we already shared our sad goodbyes. My mom, little sister, Chloe and Paisley were going to drop me off at the privet jet's takeoff and landing ground in an hour and a half. 

Those were the only two things I knew for certain.

"Katie." 

I turned to look for where my name was coming from. My mom stood in the doorway, holding a small, sky blue suitcase in her hands.

"You forgot something," she stated, gesturing to the luggage with her eyes.

"What?" I said, curious of what I could have missed. I was sure that I got everything that I was going to need.

"Your art supplies," she said simply, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Mom, as much as it kills me, I don't think I can bring those with me," I said, sad that the statement was true.

"And why is that?" she asked, sounding almost offended at the idea of not bringing them with me.

"I just... I'm already invading their home as it is. I don't want to show up with so much stuff and make them feel like they have to give me even more space to put it all. It makes me feel like I'm taking advantage of them," I claimed, looking down at my hands.

"Just take it," she said. "Besides, you can always find a studio and use that instead of the flat. Maybe you could even find a job while your there."

"Okay mom, whatever makes you happy," I said, giving her a small smile. I took the bag and brought it down the stairs and out to the driveway. My bags we in the trunk of the car, ready to be shipped of to England with me. Just as I shut the trunk, Paisley pulled up into my driveway and climbed out of her car.

 "Hey!" she said, waving with her free hand; in her other hand, she carried a small green and white box. "For you," she outstretched her arm, placing the box in my hands.

"What's this?!" I exclaimed, looking down at the pretty box. I read the brand name.

Magnolia.

"Oh my God! Why did you do this?! You didn't have to!" I enveloped her in a hug."Thank you so much!" 

"It was nothing," she dismissed with a wave of her hand. "Just a little something to remember me by. Just promise me that you won't open it until you get to England," she explained,  her gaze meeting mine. "Okay?"

"Okay," I smiled. The familiar feeling of a lump in my throat had me trying to keep the tears from falling.

"Don't cry. Don't." She dragged me into another hug.

We all got into the car, my mom and sister in the front, and me and Paisley in the back. We were all savouring the last hour we had together before I would go out on my own.

**

When we got to the platform, the jet - or may I say a very nice and expensive looking jet - was already there, waiting for us. We each grabbed some suitcases and made our way to the plane. There were two security guards - both extremely big - and a man in between them. He stretched out his hand.

"Hi, I'm Paul. I work very closly with One Direction." He said, all professional-like. "And you must be Katie."

"That's me." I shook his hand as I introduced myself, waiting patiently as Paisley, Chloe and my mom did the same.

"All right. Well the plane and everything else is ready when you are. I'll get these bags loaded onto the jet and wait until you four are done saying your good byes." He said, taking two suitcases as the security guards took some and followed along. I turned to my mom, Chloe and Paisley.

"Well, I guess this is it," I said, my throat closing up as the tears started building.

"Oh honey!" My mom gave me a long hug, rubbing my back as she held in her tears.

"I'll miss you, mom," I said into her shoulder as the tears spilled.

"I'll miss you even more," she said quietly. "But we will still see each other, with Skype and all. We can talk everyday, if you'd like," she explained. I nodded my head.

"You're right," I agreed. She kissed me on the head before Paisley walked forward and captured me in a bear hug. 

"I'm gonna miss you so much," she cried. I nodded into her shoulder, my arms clasped behind her back.

"Me too! We'll keep in touch, I promise!" I promised her. She pulled back and nodded.

"Yes, and we can text everyday!" she said convincingly. I smiled while nodding my head.

"We will," I stated. She walked to where my mom was standing; both had tears streaming down their faces. I turned to face my younger sister, who was almost taller than I was, putting my hands on her shoulders.

"You're going to be good to mom and dad while I'm gone, right?" I questioned.

"Yes, I will," she nodded.

"Good. I'm going to miss you a lot," I said.

"Me too. Tell Niall I say hi," she said with a small smile. I  nodded and hugged her shoulders before standing up and standing in front of them. 

"I'll talk to you guys soon!" I said, waving a final goodbye before making my way to the jet. They waited for me to board the plane, and when I reached the stairs I waved at them a final time.

The tears were coming out heavy. They all waved back and waited until I entered the plane before walking back to the car. Paul was waiting by the door with security and  lead me to the long cabin of the jet where there were two long couches and a few plane seats.

"Make yourself at home and we'll be there before you know it," Paul said sympathetically. He must have been trying to cheer me up. I looked out the small port-hole window and saw my mom, Chloe and Paisley pulling out of the platform; fresh tears came streaming down my face. I didn't expect saying goodbye to be this hard. I was a mess. 

Just then my phone started vibrating. I look down at the caller ID to see who was calling.

Niall.

"Hey," I said, my voice surprisingly even.

"Hey! Are you on the plane yet?" he asked, sounding like he was busying himself with some other task.

"Yeah, I just boarded," I replied, my voice breaking slightly.

Crap.

"What's wrong?" he demanded, his voice immediately turning serious.

"It's nothing. I'm just going to miss everyone so much," I whimpered, my throat feeling soar again.

"Hey, listen to me. You're gonna be in England before you know it, and I'll be right there with you, like I promised. Okay?" he said reassuringly. 

"Okay," I said sadly.

"Don't cry." He said sternly but softly. "Just sleep and before you know it I'll be with you. I promise."

"All right, I'll see you soon, then," I replied.

"See you soon love."

"Bye," I said before hanging up. He was right. The few hours will pass just like that if I sleep the whole way there. I leaned my head against the head rest and before I knew it, I was off to England. 

**

"We've landed, sweetheart," someone said while shaking my shoulder gently. I opened my eyes to see Paul standing beside me. "We've arrived. Take a minute to get yourself organized and I'll be waiting outside." 

"Okay." I replied. As he left, I looked out the window to see where we were. Heathrow airport.

Finally.

I got out of my seat and grabbed my shoulder bag, heading to the small washroom. Running my fingers through my long, wavy hair, I straightened out my clothes before looking at my face in the mirror. I winced, taking in my tired looking features.

What a great way to make a first impression, I thought sarcastically.

I splashed cold water on my face and lightly applied mascara to my eyelashes. Done. I packed up my things and made my way out of the jet. Paul and some guards took care of my suitcases and lead me to an isolated part of the airport, only meant for private jet passengers. To my surprise, there was a considerable amount of people in the terminal. There were two big automatic sliding doors ahead of me, were people were walking out from. Paul told me to go out this way. As I stepped through the doors, I was slightly disoriented by the bright, natural light coming from the windows and the amount of people waiting for their loved ones to come out. I stood my ground, searching the crowd, but not knowing what I was looking for. 

Until I heard his voice.

"Katie!"

I turned my head to the right, and I immediately spotted him. There Niall stood at the end of the ramp, a big goofy smile plastered on his face. Without even hesitating, I dropped my bag and ran to him. He met me half way as I flung myself into him; his strong arms enveloped me in a well-missed Horan Hug. He picked me up and spun me in a circle before letting my feet touch the ground again, and even then we didn't let go of each other. I was on my tippy toes, arms clasped around his neck while his were circling my waist. His face was buried in my hair and mine in the crook of his neck, neither one wanting to let go. 

"God, I missed you," he breathed, his grip on me loosening. "I can't believe you're here."

"Me neither," I replied happily. "It's been so long!"

"Five years," Niall said as he shook his head in disbelief. Had it really been that long?

"Five years," I echoed, just as shocked. We just looked at each other, taking the other in. Niall had changed, a lot. He wasn't the pre-pubescent thirteen year old kid that lived across the street from me anymore. This Niall was grown.

"You ready to meet the guys?" he asked with a smile, going back to where I dropped my bag and picked it up.

"Yeah, let's do this," I said nervously. 

"Don't be nervous," he chuckled, slinging his arm around my shoulders.

"They're going to love you."

***

Helloooooooo!!!! Don't know why this chapter took me so long to write...Sorry about that! Hopefully this chapter was up to everyone's expectations???? The next chapter starts off in Niall's POV and Katie will be getting to know the boys so stay tuned! As always, constructive criticism and suggestions are welcome, AS WELL AS COMMENTS AND VOTES!

Thank you guys soo so so much for reading, you all are making my day! :) Love you all! xx

P.S - Hope all you fellow Canadians have a happy Thanksgiving! xx ~Skylar 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 14K 57
Any ideas you have or want to see message me xx
1.6M 54.5K 68
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
313K 13.9K 37
เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ ๐‘ฐ๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...
649K 32.5K 24
โ†ณ โ [ ILLUSION ] โž โ” yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader โ” yandere helluva boss x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, a powerful d...