Cali Love

By Shayylondon

Baldwin Hills, known as the City in the Clouds, The Black Beverly Hills, lives of the privileged sons and dau... More

Snippet
Snippet 2
Snippet 3
COPYRIGHT 2019
Cast
One
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
TwentyOne
TwentyTwo
TwentyThree
Twenty four
Twenty Five
TwentySix
TwentySeven
TwentyEight
Twentynine
Thirty
ThirtyOne
ThirtyTwo
ThirtyThree
ThirtyFour
ThirtyFive
ThirtySix
ThirtySeven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
CALI LOVE ( II )

Two

3.2K 191 84
By Shayylondon

Cali Serenity

It was a long night. It seemed like God was on my side because shit could have seriously went left.

I thanked that cab driver last night as I hopped out of the cab and entered the house through the garage. I am so glad my parents didn't hear me come in and I was able to get in the shower and cry my heart out.

Never in a million years did I think something like that could happen to me. I sat in my last period class, reliving those horrible moments of being groped on, held at gunpoint and robbed.

I felt so violated, traumatized, frightened and disordered.

I wouldn't even talk to Monique in school. I had nothing to say to her.

I didn't want to be bothered with her just yet. I needed time to let last night bullshit marinate.

It was Friday and I just wanted to go back home and get in my bed, disconnecting from the world of Los Angeles. The only way I would be able to do that is if I made sure that I called my cousin KJ to come and pick me up from school today.

Once the bell rung, I made my way to one of the exits and entered the parking lot.

"Cali!"

I turned around to see Monique running up to me. I sighed as I turned back around to walk towards my cousin truck, which was sitting against the curb amongst other cars that were picking up students.

"Damn you still mad at me for leaving you last night?" She questioned, twisting her lips up.

Shaking my head, I replied "You don't even know the shit I went through last night"

"Well, what was it? You actin crazy"

"Bitch, if you didn't leave me maybe I wouldn't have gotten robbed in yo cousin crummy ass neighborhood last night"

"Cali!...Cali!"

I began to walk away from Monique, leaving standing there to process what the fuck I just said.

I made my way to my cousin's all black Mercedes Jeep as I hopped in.

"Wassup apple head?"

My cousin KJ greeted me as I closed the passenger door. KJ was short for Kayden Jackson, one of Crenshaw High's finest basketball players.

To me, he was just Kayden my annoying cousin. Kayden was the definition of a cocky nigga but he had every reason to be.

I wasn't checking out my cousin or nun but he was a highly attractive dude and all my friends be on his fucking heels like he's Mr.GQ or some shit.

Standing 6 foot 2, caramel-coated, tatted up, a muscular built dude with neat facial hair and 360- seasick spinning waves.

Being that his father was the one and only Ice Cube and his mother was Cynthia "Miss L.A" Jackson, known as the new anchor on KTLA news he was blessed with good looks and charisma, and basketball skills.

"Hey," I said, looking out the window after fastening my seatbelt.

I crossed my legs as I looked at the familiar faces of some of my classmates as KJ made his way out of the school parking lot and onto Sunset Blvd.

I pressed my lips together as the sounds of LL Cool J's "Luv You Better" played through his speakers.

"You good?"

"I'm fine" I lied.

In reality, I was hurt and shook. My body screamed for me to tell someone what happened to me last night but I'm afraid because this masked robber has all my information. 

I felt violated. A nasty, disgusting stranger took it upon himself to feel me up as if I have no feelings while his gang banging friend took everything from me. I wanted to tell KJ so bad but quickly decided against it.

What if he comes and finds me at my crib and hurt me? My family?

I just think its best if I keep my mouth shut.

"Cali," Kj said, snapping me out my thoughts.

"Huh?" I turned to look at my cousin.

He merged onto the freeway as he drove with one hand with his watch glistening against his skin. He looked over at me with his deep brown eyes, raising an eyebrow.

"You aight? You actin' funny like something bothering yo ass"

"I'm fine Kayden"

"No you not nigga"

"I am too",I said with my voice cracking. "I am okay"

I felt KJ eyes piercing through my face as I pulled out my phone and began scrolling on Instagram, checking my 30,000+ likes on my pictures.

The rest of the ride was filled with KJ's music until we finally made our way back to Baldwin Hills.

I watched as he made a right onto my street and began to pass some of the familiar houses and cars of neighbors. He placed the car in park and sighed.

"Aight nigga get out," he said with a grin, but that quickly faded when he saw my tears streaming down my face.

I sniffed and nodded my head as I reached for the door to open it but quickly heard clicks, making me turn my head to my cousin.

"Yo...nah what the fuck is going on Cali?" He questioned with warmth in his eyes.

"Kayden...I-I...I got robbed"

"Fuck...Fuck you mean you got robbed?!"

"Last night I was...out Slauson and Crensh-"

"THE FUCK WAS YOU DOING OUT THERE CALI?" Kayden barked as his eyes widened.

I used my fingers to wipe my tears that were flowing freely.

" I went with Monique to see her cousin and I didn't think it would take longer so I was just like okay, I'll stay for a few then I can make it back home before dark"

"Why the fuck was you by yo self?" he asked through a clenched jaw.

"Because she said she was gonna come back with me but then she ended up staying"

KJ nostrils flared as he gritted his teeth. I continued to sniffle, looking over at him as he pulled his iPhone out and began to text vigorously.

"I been tellin you bout that bitch. She aint no friend. she scandalous and ran the fuck through. all the homies hit that shit nigga.  Go in the crib and change ya clothes. Let Uncle E and Auntie Shay know you gon be with me"

"O...K"

I heard the locks click before I could open the door. I hopped out grabbing my bag and placing it on my shoulder. Soon as my foot hit the pavement and I closed the door, KJ pulled off and hit a sharp left towards his house it looked like.

Walking up the driveway, I had a lot on my mind. See KJ is not your average "hills" kid. Sure, he had rich and wealthy parents but he wasn't known for that.

He was known for being the point guard at Crenshaw High and doin something's in the street down in the 60's hanging with the Nayborhood crips. I will never understand how a kid that has it all wanna go down there and hang wit them type of people.

He can fuckin have it. Look where it got me. Assaulted and robbed.

I took my key out my pocket and opened the door. The fresh scent of Cashmere Woods plug in hit my nose as I tossed my keys into the key dish by the door.

My mom was sitting on the couch with a bowl of special K red berries cereal looking really cute with her ombre blonde and black deep wave hair and an all-black Love pink sweat outfit and a pair of furry slippers on her feet.

"Hey baby," she said as she looked away from the TV, looking at me.

"Hey momma," I said before smiling and heading up the stairs. "I'm going out with Kayden"

"You eating dinner here or out?" she yelled.

"Out"

I reached my bedroom, throwing my bag on the floor and instantly walking to my walk-in closet. Not to brag but it was soo many selections and so little time to look through all of this. Sneaker boxes from Nike, Jordan, Yeezy's to Balenciaga's, Louboutins, and Guiseppe Zanotti's.

I did all of that looking just to grab my favorite fuzzy fox fur slippers and a pair of Fashion Nova distressed light blue jeans, a pink tight baby doll Tee that said "Bebe" in Rhinestones, showing my diamond belly ring.

I brushed my long hair, fixing my middle part and touching up my makeup before hearing my phone vibrate on my bed. I grabbed it, seeing KJ name flash across the lock screen.

KJ (4:30 PM): Come out.

I hurried up and sprayed myself with some YSL Women perfume before grabbing my pink fanny pack from Aldo and making my way back down the steps. I don't know what KJ had up his sleeve, but I was definitely about to find out.

I grabbed my keys out the dish and made my way out the door, seeing his car in my driveway. I hopped in his passenger side and closed the door before fastening my seatbelt.

"You told auntie you gonna be with me?"

"Yeah"

"Bet"

KJ pulled out of the driveway and began to make his way down the street, exiting our neighborhood and began driving towards Leimert park. I noticed the numbers going up from the '50s to '60s.

"W-where we going Kayden?" I questioned, getting nervous as I knew exactly where we were goin.

"Slauson"

One minute I was sitting in KJ's car and now I'm pulling up on Crenshaw and I see a bunch of people lingering around outside as some stood on the curbs smoking, drinking, and some older people walking their pets. Music played from nearby, some west coast shit.

KJ pulled his car in front of a house where three dudes were sitting in front on the porch. One of them was kind of short and chubby with braids. He had a black shirt on with blue jeans and navy blue and white converses on. The second guy puffed on a blunt. He sported a Caesar with a diamond earring that glistened in his right ear. The third guy was KJ friend, Trey. I already knew him.

KJ hopped out the car in an all-black Nike Tech suit with the black and white 11's concords on his feet. "Wass Craccin loc," he said as he walked up to his friends.

"Shit loc, was craccin nigga?" the chubby one said, dapping him up.

His eyes cut to me before looking at KJ. "Damn KJ...who the fuck is that?" he said as he eyed me up and down.

Never in a million years big boy, I thought to myself.

KJ looked back at me, twisting up his lips and shaking his head. "Oh, her...that's my cousin Cali. Cali, dis Fats and Jay...you already know Trey"

"Hey" I softly spoke as I waved. "KJ...what the hell are we doin out here?"

"Dis da one that got robbed last night on Rimpau?" Jay asked, staring at me. "Damn ma, I'm sorry"

I cut my eyes at KJ. "You told them I got robbed?!" I screamed. "Are you shittin' me?"

"Calm yo ass down girl I know what the fuck I'm doin" KJ waved me off. "Where dat nigga at?"

Fats leaned over and passed a blunt to KJ. I turned my head as he took a puff. I don't know what the fuck I was doing over here but I was paranoid. Any of these niggas could be that red bandana bandit and my dumb ass cousin out here running his black ass mouth to his wack ass friends.

"Shiit... he in da house. He went ta get another roll up"

I sighed, highly annoyed as I began scrolling on my phone. I was so annoyed, he made it seem like he had some serious shit planned for me and yet I'm still standing here looking dumb in a gross ass neighborhood that I don't wanna be in.

"Here nigga"

I turned around at the sound of a semi-raspy voice and I felt my tongue began to practically hang the fuck out of my mouth. My eyes scanned his tall frame from his four neatly braided cornrows and his baby face.

"Took yo ass long enough" Fats spat, snatching the roll-up out of his hand.

"Wassup Loc" he said, dapping KJ up as they did their lil gang banging handshake.

"Shit cuz. I got my cuzzin wit me" KJ spoke, head nodding to me.

His eyes cut to me, making me feel nervous as I began to look down at my furry ass slippers. He squinted his eyes at me.

"Oh dis tha one that got robbed on Rimpau last night?"

"Seriously?" I frowned, pushing KJ in his back. "How many of your damn friends did you tell!"

KJ looked down at me, shaking his head. "Girl, you betta keep yo damn hands to yo self"

KJ fine ass friend stared at me with no emotion. He shook his head before licking his lips and speaking.

"What you wanna do?"

"Excuse me?" I asked with a slight attitude.

"You got robbed last night right?"

"I-I...Yes I did but I don't see why that's any of your concern"

I placed my hands on my hips with my phone in my hand. At this point, I was embarrassed as hell and I was confused as to why the fuck KJ sitting up here tellin my business to his nobody ass friends.

"I mean shit. it ain't my concern if you want a nigga to be honest. I ask what you wanna do about it"

I stared him down for a second. He leaned against the white screen door behind him and stared at me with no emotion in his eyes. His eyes seemed cold and that's the energy he gave off to me.

I wasn't digging that shit right now. No one was more bitter and cold than I was right now.

"I'm just sayin if you wanna find the niggas that did that wack shit, we can ride out but that's on you. I aint trippin ma. If not then fuck it, just don't bring ya ass out here by yaself or at all if you don't want the shit to happen again"

I felt some kind of way. Who the fuck does he think he is up here talking to me like I'm some nobody. I gritted my teeth as I felt tears welted in my eyes, refusing to let them fall.

Kj waved his hand, letting the smoke exit from his nostrils.

"I'ma answer for her. we gonna find them, niggas, see what she remember and we gonna light dis bitch up. simple"

KJ friends chimed in, completely getting back to their smoking session as I stood their nonexistent to them. I was highly upset as KJ ran his mouth and now I gotta go identify these guys or at least try. You know how many niggas that's blood and wear flags.

Only thing I got as a lead is that black BMW. If I spot that then I gotta deal with what KJ and his friends might do.

I don't know if I can have that on my conscience.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.6K 1K 21
when a good girl goes bad, it's not the end of the world.
361K 12.6K 53
Anhay Sharma:- Cold business tycoon who is only sweet for his family. He is handsome as hell but loves to stay away from love life. His female employ...
27.4K 1.3K 42
"If you aren't willing to fight for what you believe in, then don't bother entering the ring." - MADONNA. NINARMANI 2023. ©️ FOR MATURE AUDIENCES ONL...
975 76 5
Not Used To It - Chris Brown x Saweetie Fan Fiction Sienna Mendoza Davis has a reputation of being perfect. The Perfect Daughter. The Perfect Sister...