The Shadress (MCD X READER)

By the761_aarmaufan

Marked it complete because this version has been abandoned. I have an edited/updated version coming on Februa... More

Not Story Yet (Note from Future Author at the End)
Prologue
Back Home
A Jail Cell
Faces
Laurence
Memories
At the Gates
Savior
Zane's Arrival
Family Memories
Angry Guards
Finding the Unfound
Family Reunion
Missing
Revenge
Permanent Solution Part 2
Increasing Worries
Force to be Reckoned With
Home
Mystery Forest
The Voyage Begins
Pockets
He What?!
Back on Track
A Child..?
Elenor L/N
A Magical Appearance
Ruins and the Memories with Them
Oh Great...
Crypt
Important Note

Permanent Solution Part 1

1.2K 40 12
By the761_aarmaufan

N/N- Nickname

L/N- Last Name

Your POV

It's been a few weeks since my confrontation with Zane. However, there have been no more attempts to take me. Though I can feel something is going to happen. I can't tell yet but something is going to happen. And for once... it's in my favor. But what is it though?

"Y/N!" A female voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

I look up to see Aphmau out of breath. "What's wrong, Aph?"

"Gates... Zane... looking... for you..." She took a few deep breaths and then stood up properly.

I lowered my head, summoned my sword, and teleported us to the gates. Jace turned around at the feeling of magic. "Sister!" He rushed back toward me. "You shouldn't be here! Leave before he sees you!"

I look up at Jace and he steps back frightened. Even from the space between us, I can see the bright F/C glow of my eyes in the reflection of his eyes. (S/F/C if your eyes are already your F/C.) Jace backed out of my way and I lowered my head again. Then, I started walking to the gates where Zane and a small army stood. Well... small for Zane. "Ah... my bride has arrived."

I turned my sword so I could see my reflection within the metal. My eyes were glowing brighter. "Last I checked, I refused to be 'your bride' several times."

"I don't think your 'refusal' should matter." Zane is beginning to piss me off.

"I don't think your 'opinion' should really matter." I turned my sword so no one else would be able to see the reflection of my eyes, which had begun to gleam a brighter F/C. (Or S/F/C.)

Zane scoffs. "Well... I suppose you can see that I am not leaving without a fight."

I scrunched up my nose.  I lifted my head and a gasp erupted from the army. Zane stepped back afraid of me. "And I will not-" I sliced my sword through the air and it turned into a scythe. "give in easily." My back began to burn and my clothes changed to something easier to move in. 

"What are you?" I could hear the strain in Zane's voice as he tried not to panic.

I smiled. "Something very old and powerful."

"N/N..." I heard the warning in Jace's voice. He was trying to act like he knew what was going on.

I growled quietly, then took a deep breath. "How about this, Zane? You return tomorrow and that is when the battle begins."

Zane gave a skeptical look. "Why?"

"To give both of us time to prepare. I get time to plan out a strategy more and you can prepare to lose. Sound fair?"

Zane began to laugh. "You think I'm going to lose?"

I smiled. "Fine then. You get time to do whatever you need to do before the battle."

"Then that sounds fair." Zane and I nodded at the same time as a show of agreement. With that final note, Zane and his army turned around and left back to their camp.

"What the hell just happened, N/N?" Jace asked. He, Aphmau, Aaron, Laurence, Katelyn, and Garroth all stepped up behind me.

I turned around to face them. I closed my eyes and took another deep breath. "I started a war. What do you think happened?"

Jace pinches the bridge of his nose in annoyance. "Yeah, I got that part. I'm talking about the new form you have." Jace motions to the new clothes I'm wearing.

I look down to see what he means. I smiled as I saw what I was wearing. Then I lifted my head again. "JJ, you really think this is new?"

"Well, I-"

I cut him off. "You haven't been around me for more than 3,000,000 human years and you think this is new?"

Jace turned away. "You two have been apart for more than 3,000,000 years?" Aphmau asked like that was wrong.

I shifted uncomfortably. "Well... yes. I told you before we don't exactly have the best relationship." I sneered.

"Ok! Break it up. Do you happen to have a plan for this war you started?" Katelyn sighed.

I was about to respond when I felt a shift in the air. I teleported to Aphmau's side and threw my wings out. Three different arrows hit my wings and I collapsed onto my knees. "Poison arrows..." I muttered. I stood as the arrows disappeared from my wings. "Someone was trying to poison you." I firmly stated. I turned to Aph and noticed her mortified face.

"W-Who would..?" She trailed off as she looked up at me.

Jace and I exchanged a look before I looked back down at Aph. "Let's get everyone somewhere safe before I explain."

A bit later we were all stood in the jail, Jace and I at the head of the table, and everyone else around the other sides. I was transformed back. "I have an idea of who may have wanted to poison you, Aphmau." She nodded and looked scared. "But first..." I held my hand out palm facing upwards, Jace did the same. Hexagons rose from our hands and the arrows materialized within the hexagonal figure. I used my free hand, which happens to be my left hand, to pull up a screen reading the arrows. "I was right." I looked up and everyone had somber appearances. "The arrows are tipped with a poison made from Atropa Belladonna."

"Made from what?" Katelyn asked.

I smirked. "It's also known as Deadly Nightshade." They all gasped. "Jace." He turned to me. "Release them." He nodded and we released the arrows. They disappeared. "Now I need the library."

"Library?" Laurence asked, one eyebrow raised.

Jace held his hands together. "You want to take them there?"

"Time is non-existent there. We will have all the time we need to explain it to them and then return in time for preparations." Jace nodded and then materialized pentagram looking shapes from his hands. I turned to the others. "Trust in us." Aphmau nodded, and so did Katelyn. The guys, however, seemed to be hesitant.

"I don't know. You haven't really explained anything even though you said you would..." Aaron gave a decent reason.

I smirked and looked at Jace. He was also smirking and looking at me. I turned back to the group. "When we get there, you'll know exactly why I wanted to go there to explain things."

As I finished, Jace started the spell. It was silent and it slowly opened the portal. At first, it was a small blue dot in the air. After about 30 seconds, it was large enough to walk through. Aphmau tried to look through it. "I can't see anything through there."

"That's the point," Jace said. "It's to protect the library from intruders, and protect all of the valuables we have inside." I nodded.

They still seemed unsure. "Jace?" He nodded. As soon as he did, I jumped through the portal. I stood there waiting for a few moments. Then I jumped back through. "See I'm just fine!" I smiled.

"Do we have to jump through like that?" Aphmau asked, cautious for obvious reasons.

Jace snickered. "No. You can just walk through it. This dork over here is just excited to see the library again." I stuck my tongue out at him like a five-year-old. Aphmau laughed, and I stopped and looked away with a sad smile. Jace cleared his throat. "Anyway... We are wasting time so let's get going."

I nodded and stepped through first, then came everyone else, and finally Jace. He locked the portal, preventing any unwanted visitors, and then turned just in time to see the reactions of everyone else. They looked around in amazement.

The library is huge and has a huge room in the center. We were in the center room. It was surrounded by huge bookshelves and pathways between the bookshelves. The library was created with my brother and me millions of years ago. As they were looking around and exploring for a short while, I walked up to the pedestal in the very center. I placed my left hand in the center of it. As soon as I did a screen popped up in front of me. I pressed a button with my right hand, then stepped back from the pedestal.

When I stepped into a little circle on the ground, the sound of a bell rang through the room. Everyone looked toward me as I stood in the circle waiting for them to come. Exactly 10 seconds later, two demons apparated at my sides. "Zeke... Zach... I need you to find the book on Zane Ro'Meave." They nodded and rushed off at top speed.

"What were they?" Aphmau asked as she walked up to me.

"They are demons," Jace responded, walking up behind her. "They live, somewhere, here in the library."

"What do you mean by 'somewhere'?" Garroth asked as the rest of the group joined us.

I smiled a little. "The library is way larger than what you can see from here. Also, leaving the sides of one of them can mean getting lost within forever. The library is a huge maze and can get pretty confusing after only 10 minutes." I explained.

After I finished explaining, Zach and Zeke returned, book in hand. "Here you go Misstress."

I smiled. "Thank you, boys." As soon as I took the book from Zeke's hand, a small table rose from the ground in front of me. I placed the book on the table and flipped through to the back pages.

"What are you doing?" Katelyn asked.

"Looking for the newest pages. Since Jace and I are both here in the library, time has stopped on Earth. Meaning, whoever tried to poison you is not too far away from the walls of Phoenix Drop." I took a deep breath. "The information for them shooting the arrows at you would be at the back of the book."

Everyone gave me confused faces, but I kept searching the pages for what I was looking for. "The library contains a copy of every book ever created and a book explaining the lives of every living creature ever," Jace stated.

"Is there a book in here explaining the lives of every one of us?" Aaron asked.

"Yes," Jace answered. "In fact within my sister's hands is the book of someone we are all very familiar with."

"Who is-"

I cut Laurence off. "AHA! I was right!"

"You were right about what?" Aphmau looked worried.

I pointed to a sentence towards the bottom third of the page. "Right here it says, 'On June 8, at exactly 10:48 a.m.: Hired an assassin to kill Lord Aphmau of Phoenix Drop. The assassin was to shoot the lord with 3 arrows tipped with Atropa Belladonna. The assassination was to happen after he meets with Lady Y/N L/N.'"

"Whose book is that?" Laurence asked.

"Zane's," I answered flatly. "He was thinking he could kill you leaving me heartbroken and defenseless and then take me for his bride." I glanced at Aphmau and then looked back down at the book. "However June 8 was 3 days ago. Meaning he planned all of this way in advance."

There was silence. They all looked at each other as they slowly realized that war is indeed what Zane wanted. "So if we are truly going to win we have to train all day today, with war happening tomorrow?" Katelyn leaned against her left hip, placing her hand on it too.

"Yes," I spoke somberly. "Zach," He walked up to my side. "Return this book to its proper place and then come back here." I handed him the book and he ran off. "Zeke, I need you to find the book on... you know who." He nodded and ran off in a different direction.

"Whose book are you getting now?" Aphmau asked.

Zach returned right as she finished. I was about to answer but Zeke returned before I could. I took the book and then carefully set it on the table. I flipped through the pages to the newest moments. Then I flipped back a few pages. I stopped and pointed to a sentence reading over it. "'On June 11 at exactly 8:27 a.m.: Was shot at by Salem Abernathy (A-bur-na-thi) using 3 arrows tipped with Atropa Belladonna. Salem was sent by Zane Ro'Meave.'" I stopped a looked up a Jace. "I knew it was Salem I just had to make sure."

"Makes sense that it was her. I mean, who else would Zane hire." I handed the book back to Zach as Jace spoke. Zach ran off with the book.

"Who is Salem Abernathy?" Laurence asked.

I sighed. "A dear friend of mine who was tricked by Zane into thinking he is a good person."

"She is extremely powerful and will do anything to get what she wants." Jace continued.

"Currently the only thing she wants is for her family to stay alive." I paused. "Because she is-"

"-on the Jury of Nine." Katelyn cut me off. "Her title is Salem the Death Witch. Am I correct?" I nodded. "Which means her family is under the quote-unquote protection of Zane."

"She is being threatened into trying to hurt you." I looked at Aph.

"How are you so sure of that?" Aphmau raised an eyebrow while questioning me.

I sighed sadly and looked up for a split second. "Because she was a guard of your's as well as my sister," Jace answered.

"You never told Salem that you were going into slumber and she has no idea you're still here. So to her, Irene is dead." Aphmau bit her lip slightly and looked away. "How long have we been here Jace?" I turned to my brother.

"About 30 minutes."

I nodded, then turned to face Zeke and Zach. "I need you, boys, to find those 3 spellbooks hidden within the maze somewhere."

"But Misstress we don't know where they are." Zeke pointed out.

"Yes I know this but I need them found by 10 o'clock tonight. I need to study them as much as I can."

Zach pursed his lips in thinking then asked, "And if we can't find them by tonight...?"

"Then you can't find them. But at least try." They nodded and hurried off, setting to work. "As for us..." I trailed off. "We need to get to work on training." I stepped out of the circle and the table disappeared. They all nodded and Jace unlocked the portal. I stepped through first, then came Aaron, Aphmau, Katelyn, Garroth, and Laurence, and finally Jace. After Jace stepped through, he closed the portal.

Then we all set to training.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

935 60 45
COMPLETED- 07/22/23 She was a rose. From her loose curls to her smart mouth, she caused the Alpha's endearment. But with a rose comes the thorns...
56K 1.1K 56
(TRIGGER WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!) At the tender age of six years old, Aksana Rodin was orphaned by a terrible car wreck, and until the age of fifteen was...
3.2K 860 23
*Book One Of The Federation Series* Silvia Eastman was only five when her parents were murdered in front of her by a pack of infamous rogues. The emo...
77 3 22
A teenage girl named Luna found herself on unknown place and had no trace of her memory. Until a group of people decide to help her. With that, they...