Paradise

kweenxkrowns által

He leans in so close that I can feel my breathing hitch and hear my heart pounding a hundred miles per hour. ... Több

Author's Intoduction
Prologue
Character Biographies
♤2♤
♤3♤
♤4♤
♤5♤
♤6♤
♤7♤
♤8♤
♤9♤
♤10♤
♤11♤
♤12♤
♤13♤
♤14♤
End
♧15♧
♧16♧
♧17♧
♧18♧
♧19♧

♤ 1 ♤

194 2 2
kweenxkrowns által

The students at Park Academy were hustling and bustling. Ever since they've heard of the new students' admission, they've been on their toes, eagerly waiting for his or her arrival.

Now this isn't because they're excited to see a new face. Of course it isn't. This is because Park Academy is a competition ground for a bunch of rich snobs.

All they care about is fame, money, power and control. To everyone, everyone around them is prey. Prey that they need to eliminate and keep tabs on. Because social standing plays a crucial role in the Park Academy society.

And soon, Shinsung Yoon will be in the midst of this societal mess.

Shinsung's POV

I would appreciate it if someone would be kind enough to get me out of here. Really. What is the point of school anyway? I'd rather be at home watching reruns of my favorite kdramas or in my office, attending to important paperwork.

Not here. At this jungle of rich and snobby predators, pretending to be a charity to find out who's genuine and who isn't. I don't wanna be here for the sole purpose of socialising and making allies.

I groan inwardly. This is ridiculous. Why would mother make me do this? I mean. Don't get me wrong. I love the woman but sometimes she can get a bit...how should I put it?

Overwhelming.

I realize that I've been standing out here and staring at the gates for too long so I step in before I can make a fool out of myself any longer.

As soon as I step in, eyes are on me. I know for a fact that news travels fast in this prissy private school so surely, they know about the admission of the new student - which just so happens to be my unfortunate self - and are now keeping tabs on her the moment she enters.

I continue to walk with my head down and scoff.

All this for their precious social standings? These rich snobs are much more lifeless than I expected.

If you think this can't get any worse, then you're dead wrong. Because as soon as I manage to slip into my designated Business Management class, the world seems to stop for everyone but me as I slowly make my way to a middle seat of the fifth row which isn't too far behind in class and not to close to the front either. It's the perfect spot.

Even as I sit, I still feel the burning gazes of my classmates on me, drilling holes into every fibre of my being. I'm leaning back onto my chair with my arms crossed, my head down and my hood on so no one has seen my face yet, but I can feel every scrutinizing glare sent my way.

I groan inwardly for the second time today.

What is with these people and their staring?!? I whine in my head. This is blasphemy!

Can't they get a life? You'd think these rich snobs would have better things to do than to assess a disguised pleb like me but no. They just have to use their x-ray vision to try and intimidate me.

I scoff at the ridiculousness of the situation which I'm sure everyone heard considering the pin-drop silence but I don't care.

I whip my phone out of my pocket and start to play hole.io in order to kill time before class starts until my phone vibrates with a notification from instagram.

I raise a brow and check who it's from.

Mochi (Tokki's Abettor)

I tap it to see the message and almost laugh but hold it in. I'm sure everyone can still see my form shaking with laughter though. But again, I don't care. I shrug my careless thoughts off, and read the message once more.

Mochi: im stuck in a bathroom what do i do!??!?

Tokki: how in the world did you manage to do that 😂😂😂😂 r u okay? Try to stay alive at least call 911 or smthin idk what to do when u get stuck in a bathroom maybe bcoz i havent been there myself

Mochi; ughhh now what? I have a meeting with the team in like five mins i cant be late bro

Tokki: call the janitor homie
Or kick the door down
whatever floats ur boat

Mochi: how helpful of u
and i cant kick the door down becoz i aint lia whatever i'll call the janitor later
for now spill the tea sis 🍵🍵🍵
hows it going for you at park

Tokki: WHODJWJWJS
why did u have to remind me
everyone is staring at me and i feel so creeped out theyre trying so hard to figure me out
youd think these rich snobs wud have had better things to do

Mochi: damn thats...weird asf
well hang in there fam u can skip class whenever u wanna anyway
has anyone tried to talk to u yet?

Tokki: no one has and i hope no one will
u shud call the janitor tho do wanna be stuck there forevs?

Mochi: ig ur right

I hear footsteps approaching my area and I sigh inwardly and prepare myself for the confrontation.

Tokki: ugh someones coming
save me
u know what i'll just ignore dem

Mochi: dont do that
dont forget y ur there kira

Tokki: jeZus dont spell out mah name like dat what if someone sees
but urgh fine goddamit

The footsteps stop and I feel a presence next to me. Should I just make a run for it? I shake my head and remember why I'm here once more. I refuse to let mom down. I will do my best to make friends with genuine intentions like mom wants me to.

"Hello." A sickly sweet voice says beside me. Now that I'm a bit more focused on my surroundings, I feel a strong sense of disgust at the fakeness that the voice exudes as well as the overwhelmingly strong perfume that has invaded my nostrils against my will.

"Hello?" The voice says more unsurely this time with a twinge of annoyance.

I pretend not to hear and continue to type on my phone.

Tokki: gtg its confrontation time
get the heck out of that bathroom already

Mochi: ok ok
good luck
hwaiting!

I smile at the last message and am finally forced to look up when a hand makes it's way in front of my face to wave me out of my nonchalant state.

As soon as I look up, I feel sick to the very core. Nancy Lee is staring down at me with a wicked grin with her goons behind her, smirking evilly.

I remain unphased for the sake of my well-being. Displaying weaknesses like intimidation makes anyone an easy prey.

And Kira Song will be anything but an easy prey.

I stare at her coldly, waiting for her to speak. She scoffs in disbelief at my rude behaviour but keeps her composure.

She tilts her head at me to smile sweetly but I see it clearly. The annoyance. Her smile is tight. A bit too tight. Hands are clasped together so tight that her knuckles have turned paler than they're supposed to be. Nancy Lee is pissed to the very depths of her core.

"Everyone has been waiting for your arrival, newbie. And I've decided that you've made us wait long enough. So why don't you introduce yourself to us?"

I cock my head to the side and stare at her with the same level of nonchalance that got her so worked up in the first place.

"Who are you to decide such a thing? I will introduce myself when the time is right. For me. Not for you."

I make them wait a little longer. A few seconds. Which then turn into minutes of my staredown with Nancy Lee.

She was about to speak but I raise my hand to silence her. As I do this, gasps ring through the room.

I sigh dramatically and rise from my seat, only to proceed with propping myself up onto my table with little to no effort.

I look at Nancy with a fake pout.

"Well, since the drama queen is just so eager to know, I'll make myself known."

JooE, who had been quietly watching from behind, glared at me and spoke up.

"How dare you speak to Nancy in such a disrespectful tone? Don't you know who-" She's cut off by her own leader whose glare silenced her effectively.

She made a hand motion for me to go on and I obey this time.

Not before running a hand through my hair and shooting her a lazy grin as my eyes scan everyone in the room.

I do this simply to make them wait a bit more.

I smirk and start.

"My name is Shinsung Yoon. Daughter of the head maid of the Song Household. A proud Charity."

●●●

The pic above is what I'd imagine the Business Management Lecture Hall to look like.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

1.3K 390 41
[LEISURELY EDITING] This book is already completed but there may be alot of grammatical errors and typos so please let it slide for now since I'm a r...
2M 79K 41
His naked chest pressed against her exposed bosoms as he leaned his face dangerously closer to her and spread her legs wide and settled himself betwe...
235K 8.2K 35
" I want to kiss you." His eyes widen as you got away a little, but still close enough. You kept staring at him as he was doing the same. Too stunne...