Broken Memories (Sequel to ST...

By MicStories

Isabella's life has been far from pleasant. After being forcefully married to a cold and harsh mafia boss, he... More

Chapter 1: Waking up
Chapter 2: Answers
Chapter 3: Home sweet home
Chapter 4: Stranger danger
Chapter 5: Treat
Chapter 6: Uninvited Guest
Chapter 7: First Aid
Chapter 8: Scheming
Chapter 9: Reunited
Chapter 10: Cup of tea
Chapter 11: Realisation
Chapter 12: Getaway
Chapter 13: Birthday S- Surprise
Chapter 14: Broken souls
Chapter 15: Friend or Foe?
Chapter 16: Signed in blood
Chapter 17: Family photo
Chapter 18: Back to reality
Chapter 19: Back to work
Chapter 20: Hold me close
Chapter 21: Answers
Chapter 22: Accepting a loss
Chapter 23: Foolish
Chapter 24: Perspective
Chapter 25: Revelations
Chapter 26: Explanations
Chapter 27: Redemption
Chapter 28: Found out
Chapter 30: Goodbye my love
Chapter 31: End of the road
Chapter 32: Lies
Chapter 33: Fate
Chapter 34: The truth hurts
Chapter 35: Moving on
Chapter 36: Love wins
Chapter 37: I need you
Chapter 38: New beginnings
Chapter 39: Pregnancy
Chapter 40: Loss
Chapter 41: Hope
Chapter 42: Baby boy
Chapter 43: Unconditional Love
Chapter 44: Epilouge
Chapter 45: Bonus chapter
Chapter 46: BONUS BONUS chapter
Sequel out now

Chapter 29: Confronting your demons

21.1K 774 142
By MicStories

James' POV:

"Now now, that's no way to talk to your father, is it?".

My hand trembled uncontrollably hearing the man's sinister voice. The man I had supposedly killed for murdering my mother and inflicting countless abuse on me. The man who I once looked up to and called father. But he lost that title the day he killed an innocent woman who was my world and should've been his.

My heart was beating at such a deadly speed, but fingers grew numb at the intense grip on the phone and I felt my head start to spin from the shock of everything.

"What's the matter my boy? Cat got your tongue". A dark laugh, a laugh I knew all too well rung out through the speaker into my ear sending shivers over my body. Tears pricked at the edges of my eyes threatening to escape. Memories of my mother's bruises and screams flooded my mind like a powerful storm unable to let any light in. All the pain he inflicted on her and once she was gone, it was all thrown on me without a care. He starred in every nightmare, taunting me, but I would always wake up reassured he was dead and unable to hurt me. But now, he was very much alive and more vengeful than ever.

"H-how?" I tried to be strong and speak with confidence showing no ounce of fear, but it was useless. I thought this nightmare was over, but now it was beginning again.

"B-b-because y-you're a l-lousy shot" he mocked back through the phone laughing at his own mockery. I quivered in fear. He was the only man I ever feared. Yes I was notoriously dominant and emotionless, but this man scared me to the core. A childhood of pain and suffering all due to one man's insanity.

"But you died. I shot you multiple times".

"That's what you thought. You know, all those years of training you to shoot and you failed to kill. If you had paid attention, perhaps I wouldn't be here today talking to you. But no, instead you wanted to run off to your bitch of a mother and bake cookies and cakes with her. Pathetic" he spat harshly. I gritted my teeth together hearing him bad mouth my mother but I had to restrain my anger otherwise it wouldn't end well for anyone.

"How's about we meet up. I have a lot to tell you and find it might be easier to talk in person".

"You'd be dammed if you think I'm going to meet up with you". The flashbacks and memories only fuelled my emotions turning my fear into anger. If he thinks he can come and ruin everything at the click of a finger, he's got another thing coming.

"I guessed as much. Well, for now we'll talk on the phone, but I'm certain we'll be meeting soon. And I'd love to meet your wife, Isabella. Heard she's quite a looker". I held my fist up in the air ready to let it come crashing down onto my mahogany desk, but I held it still not wanting to break something of mine. The only thing I wanted to break was his neck. Thanks to Chase, Anthony now knows all about her, he also no doubt told him all the shit I put her through.

"You will never meet my wife. Ever."

Anthony chuckled darkly clearly not taking my statement seriously.

"That's a shame. Chase told me so much about her. Oh, you are fully aware of where Chase stands I assume."

I remained silent not wanting to think about his ultimate betrayal.

"When I approached him he seemed awfully keen to join up with me. In fact, he's the one that's done most of the work".

"What the hell do you mean?" I yelled out frustrated by his voice.

"I may have been the brains behind the attacks but he was the one who did them. Your little puppy's death, so sad, so terribly sad. And how he killed off Jessica just as she was about to reveal the truth and something you aren't aware. Chase has been visiting Damien. Sneaking down food, water, and tending to his wounds informing him of his soon freedom".

I felt like I was going to pass out anytime soon. Too much was happening and too much was going on.

"How do you know of Damien and what's he got to do with anything?"

"Oh dear. There's so much you don't know".

"THEN TELL ME. TELL ME EVERYTHING FROM THE BEGINNING" I roared out losing all control I had.

"No".

"No? You're going to deny me the truth of how you came to where you stand now?" I yelled back angry at his twisted games.

"I will tell you, but only in person. If you want to know the details then meet me. Just me and you, nobody else".

"You think I'm foolish? I know you want me dead. You won't come alone".

"You have my word. You deserve an explanation of all this. I will come alone. So what do you say?".

I pondered on his words. I'm not stupid. I know he would never come alone, but if that's the only way I'd get the answers then I'd gladly take it. He's smart and cunning and I'd need to bring backup just in case anything was to happen.

"Fine. I'll meet you there alone. I just have one question that I want answering right now".

"Certainly my boy. Fire away".

I took several deep breaths. I wanted to know about Chase.

"What is Chase's intentions. Why has he joined you? Is it because of Isabella?"

"He's a stupid moron isn't he? Always has been the dumber one of the two of you. Obviously he has a thing for your wife. After all he tried to help her escape didn't he".

"Yeah" I mumbled tensely thinking back to that time I was about to kill him, but instead showed him mercy.

"Well you see, he wants you dead and out of the picture. He wants your wife. He wants Isabella all to himself. He talks about her like a possession. The impression I get is that he doesn't love her, but wants to own her. Remind you of somebody?".

"I spared his life and he betrays me by joining you". I growled out lowly.

"Listen, I just want to talk James. I know we've both done wrong but maybe if we talk we can get past this rough match. Chase has gone psycho and is in a murderous rage. Why don't we end him together before he acts and possibly kidnaps your wife. After all that's what he says he wants to do".

Perhaps he was right. Chase was the one who killed Milo, he killed Jessica. He was the one acting upon this. I still did not trust Anthony and never would, but a part of me wanted to meet up to find out more details.

"Fine. I'll meet you in person, alone". Anthony laughed sinisterly like a psychopath.

"Excellent. Meet me at the Lyla Lake where we used to train at 6pm tomorrow. I assume you can remember where it is". Of all places he had to choose a place which held many haunting memories.

"Yes. I know where it is. And we both come alone. No weapons. Nothing".

"Of course. Just me and you and nobody else".

Isabella's POV:

"James, dinner is ready"-

I placed the second plate down on the dining table and sat down by the candlelit dinner. It smelled delicious but it wasn't the same. Hours had gone by and James wasn't back yet. He said he would come back in the evening but he wasn't here. I picked up my fork and began to prod it into my tangy tomato spaghetti twirling it around on my fork. I was starving, but I couldn't stomach the food. I wanted James.

1 hour later

I was still sat at the dinner table mixing around the spaghetti on my plate. It had gone cold but I still couldn't move away. I didn't touch any of the food as I wanted to wait for James, but he still hadn't turned up. I was getting more anxious and paranoid by the second.

Pushing my plate away from me in frustration I let out a small cry. From the moment James had left I instantly felt trapped. There were no windows, no door I could open for fresh air and the thought of being stuck in here for days possibly weeks was killing me more by the second.

Pushing back my chair against the floor I stood up and headed to the bedroom ready to face a possible night alone.

Stripping off my clothes and slipping into my nightgown I hopped onto bed and laid down not going to sleep but resting my restless body.

I shut my eyes and open them repeating the routine several times before my eyes fell upon a similar image that sat neatly on the bedside table. Dragging my body up I lent against the headrest and picked up the photo frame. It was the picture of James, Milo and I in our little home in the countryside. My favourite picture in the whole world.

But the more I stared at the picture the more blurred my vision became. My head started to spin too fast for my liking, I felt sick, and tired. I stared at the picture once more but to my horror Milo started to vanish from the picture. My heart beat started to race frantically as Milo suddenly disappeared completely from the picture.

"No. Milo" I yelled out. I turned my attention to James who to my disbelief was disappearing too. He faded just as Milo had done. Was this a sign? We already lost our baby Milo. Was James going to die? Was I going to lose him too. I couldn't face losing anyone else I loved.

I stood up from the bed stumbling around slightly throwing my arms out in hopes to grab something to support my weight. My head felt as though it was being stabbed by 100 needles. I felt continuous thumps pounding in my head sounding like 20 drums rolling in a synchronised beat.

The picture frame fell from my hand and collapsed to the floor smashing into thousands of pieces. Shards of glass pierced the top and sides of my feet making a small patterned blood stain on the carpet floor.

Blood

I had seen too much blood. Even though I was clean, I still felt like I was covered in Jessica's blood. Milo's bloodied body stained my mind like a drug overpowering my body. The dark memories came flashing back like lightning making my head hurt even more. Everything I'd seen, all the events and memories came flooding back like a river to strong and intense for me to control. Tears cascaded down my cheeks uncontrollably as I collapsed to the floor clutching my aching head.

"Make it stop" I screamed unable to stand the pain any longer. I needed James. But he wasn't here.

"Please".

"Hey- shhhh. I've got you baby. And I'll never let you go. Ever". I could feel arms wrap around me pulling me up to their chest.

I instantly knew who it was and closed my eyes in content being in his presence. Normally his words bring me comfort, but for some reason I had heard those same words spoken to me before by someone, but instead of being spoken in love this meaning was harsh, cruel and possessive. In that moment I felt torn.

But before I could open my eyes to stare into his beautiful eyes that brought me comfort and peace, a picture of a beautiful beach island flashed into my mind. It was so beautiful, the sea, sun and bungalow above the water. It was beautiful. But as I looked down I saw that I was laying on a bed covered in roses. The sweet fragrance made me giddy and happy. But it was short lived. My arms were raised above my head. I tried lifting them down but a metal clank sounded from the top of the bed. Both my hands were chained to the top of the bed making me unable to move them.

"You belong to me" a familiar voice sounded from above me. A dark figure hovered above me staring down at my body like a predator would stare at their prey. The picture suddenly vanished and instead I met James' beautiful eyes.

"Come on baby. Let's get you cleaned up".

Whoop! Another update. Hope you enjoyed it.

Let me know your thoughts and feelings.

Sorry for any errors or mistakes xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.6K 439 25
What is it with the sins of the father? You pay for those sins. I will enjoy every single moment of making her pay. It doesn't matter that her innoce...
20.4K 603 49
If the loss of her closest bestfriend wasn't enough she had to go and lose her family by a single phone call too , at the hand of the biggest, meanes...
7.5K 176 17
Isabella Bianchi is a bright girl. Who is always there when someone needs them to cheer them up. Isabella always try to at least see the light in peo...
118K 4.2K 37
"Please, Let me go!" She pleaded, her body shaking, her voice trembling due to fear. She struggled and fought to let herself free, but he was just...