all i need // l.p {au}

By lovelycliffordx

in which a boy who's had a horrible break up falls for a girl who doesn't believe in love. More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty-six
chapter thirty-seven
chapter thirty-eight
chapter thirty-nine
chapter forty
epilogue

chapter twenty-eight

428 11 2
By lovelycliffordx

"Mom, calm down," I said to her through the phone. She was incoherently yelling about me having dinner with my father.

"W-why would y-you do that to us?" She was ugly sobbing now and I had no idea how to get her to stop.

"Seriously, it was over a month ago and I haven't heard from him since." This was true, my dad had not contacted me at all since the night Liam and I went over to his house.

"B-but you s-still went over t-there."

I groaned. "And I hated every minute of it. Does that make you feel better? I don't plan on having a relationship with him."

My mom sighed and blew her nose loudly. "Ok. This isn't why I called you though."

"Then why? Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, but I have some news." She had completely recovered from her ugly sobbing, which I found weird but I didn't dwell on it. 

I moved to get more comfortable on the couch, completely stumped as to what she had to tell me. "What is it? Spit it out."

"I'm getting married."

"What?! I didn't even know you were dating." I was shocked. Ever since my dad left us, my mom hadn't gone on a single date because she was too devastated.

"I signed up for one of those dating website things about a year ago. I met Tony-"

"Hold on. A year ago?!" How could she have kept this from me for so long. I knew that we didn't talk to each other that much, but I felt like this was something that she would share with me.

"Yes, Logan. Now, I met Tony and we hit it off right away. He's a doctor and so incredible. He asked me to marry him because well, we aren't getting any younger and I said yes! The wedding is in two weeks. Do you think you can get off work to come home?"

Oh, yeah. I hadn't told my mom I had gotten fired. "I should be able to," I said, not wanting to ruin her good news.

"Perfect! I can't wait to see you," she said before we exchanged goodbyes.

I picked up the newspaper that I had set down on the coffee table, folded open to the classified section. I sighed, not really feeling like looking for a job. I had been enjoying not having any responsibilities for the past few days. My nose was feeling better and I liked spending all day at home with Daisy. I set the newspaper back on the coffee table and padded into my room. My mother's wedding was two weeks away and my thoughts focused on what I was going to wear more than anything else. I stood in front of my wardrobe and blankly stared. Everything in my closet I had worn multiple times and nothing was going to be suitable for the wedding. 

I flopped down on my bed with my phone, deciding to text Sarahi to see if she wanted to go shopping. She answered a bit later saying that she'd love to. We decided on meeting at the mall. I'd been seeing her quite a bit since Liam and I made up. We would go on cute double dates with her and Niall, which is something I thought I would never do. 

***

"So how are things?" Sarahi asked me as we looked through racks of clothes. "I haven't heard from you in a few days."

"Well, I bet you heard about the fight," I told her.

"Oh my gosh, yes! Liam told us. What happened, he didn't really go into detail?" 

"The new bartender called me a whore and I let my temper get the best of me. I really wish I hadn't gotten fired, but it makes sense to me now even though I technically didn't punch Ivy. She's also with Tristan now, which makes me think that I'll lose him as a friend. And now I also have to look for a new job upon finding out that my mother is getting married."

"That really sucks. Is that why we're shopping though? Your mom's wedding?" Sarahi sounded excited. I nodded, not too thrilled about it. "I love weddings! They're just so elegant and beautiful, full of love."

I rolled my eyes. Personally, I hated weddings. I thought they were a pointless ritual because at any point people can break up. It's useless money spent to eventually spend more money on inevitable divorce. I couldn't believe that my mom was getting remarried. After my father left us, she had sworn off men and marriage. I feel like that's partly where I got my feelings about it from. 

"So. Is it super formal or not so much?" 

"Um, I don't really know. I'm thinking formal, but not too formal if that makes sense. I guess we'll just have to grab a whole bunch of stuff and see," I shrugged. "But anyway, how are you?" I was still new to the friend thing and trying to figure out what to say when and what not. 

"Pretty good actually. I just finished my internship at the hospital and they've offered me to work there as a nurse. I really like it there, so I'm happy that I can still work there."

"That's awesome!" I tried to be happy for her, but it kind of hurt to be talking about jobs and how she just got hired on. "Ok, I think this should be good," I said when both of our arms were full of stuff for me to try on. 

"That's the one," Sarahi said when I walked out to show her about the fiftieth thing I tried on. 

"Really?" I looked at myself in the 3-way mirror, examining the outfit. It was a long navy blue dress with pink flowers. There was a slit up the leg that stopped mid-thigh. On the front, it tied into a bow and had a cut out right underneath, showing a bit of my stomach. "You don't think it's too much? LIke too revealing?" I wanted to be more classy than trashy at my mom's wedding.

"Definitely not! It totally works on you, you look amazing!" she smiled, making me feel like she was right. I really loved the dress and it was actually quite comfortable. 

"Ok, I'll get this one," I smiled, walking back into the dressing room. After I took off the dress, I looked at the price tag, which was way more than I should be spending. I shrugged it off and decided to splurge. I would really need to start looking for a job tomorrow though. 

hi, sorry if this is boring. it's just a filler but i hope you still like it. please vote and comment xx zoe

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 97 3
Where Zayn And Liam Are Rivals And Zayn ends up falling for a guy who's just gonna die. Ziam Au.
238 22 15
louis meets the new boy at school and they hit it off from there and fall in love and grow up together
98.7K 1.4K 26
You were walking through the streets in tears, your boyfriend had broken up with you, you wanted to escape the world, but you run into a group a boys...
75.6K 2.5K 43
in which, a girl is forced to do illegal actions with a group of unknown guys in order to save her sister.