The Tangled Assistant

Od thefortforced30

They say opposite attract but hell she was a spit ball of fire. and he was about to get so burned. ~~~~~~~~~~... Více

prologue.
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 6
chapter 5
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48

chapter 12

332 21 1
Od thefortforced30

Anaïs

"Malia" he said her name as if he knew her and she did not look pleased at all to hear it coming from his mouth.

"How do you know my name!" She asked more like demanded.

"Come on sweety lying that your name is candy in a club doesn't sound so smart at all" he said looking at her up and down.

"Well good to know that you are not stupid after all" she said and rolled her eyes.

"I'm leaving" she said looking at me.

She didnt look so happy at all.

I raised a brow at her and she didn't even notice my questioning glare.

As she opened the door and before I could tell her that its the wrong door she came face to face with my boss and he crossed his hands looking down at her.

Fuck.

"How are you Lucas?" She asked as she pulled him in a hug that he gladly accepted as he hugged her back.

When the fuck did these people get to the level of hugging.
Most of all how did they know each othe to this level.

"Fine you?" He asked as he looked at the situation.

"Not so good after all.
I just came to drop off food and I saw an asshole" she said pointing at Ethan.

He actually wasn't.

"So my bestfriend gets a hug and all I get is an angry stare?" He asked and looked my way pouting.

I shrugged my shoulders.

The whole time I didnt say anything because I was still trying to put together what happened exactly.

"Why leave so early I ordered food and since you are here you are eating" he said as he moved in my not so big office and got comfortable in a seat.

"Some Chinese coming in few" he said and I could feel the tension in which I tried to make some small conversations between the three grown asses in the room.

"Are yall gone answer my questions or not!
If you won't you might as well get the fuck out of here except for Lucas since he is the boss here" I said rolling my eyes and the assholes actually stood up.

Again she opened the wrong door and ended up going with Ethan in Lucas office and I counted until five then Malia came back mumbling something about assholes and heartless and some in cohesive words while glaring daggers at everyone.

The food came and I ended up engaging in a conversation with Ethan because Malia was talking to Lucas and Lucas only.
Again how the fuck.

Most importantly what the fuck was happening.
My head was failing to wrap it all together at once.

I came to know that he has been friends with Lucas since childhood but he has been away for a whole year to take care of some business.

We also talked and clicked really well and even ended up planning to go to an amusement park.

"You know he has a girlfriend yeah?" Malia asked looking at me and I shrugged.

"Its not like we are having sex or something we are just going to the amusement park for goodness sake.
Why the cranky attitude?" I asked and she shook her head.

She didnt even want to look at the man.

Was it that bad?

We ended up missing the time and Malia left along with me at six after I wrapped it up and we left the two men in the office. I also made sure to chase them away from mine.

I was so surprised that today Lucas didn't say anything to me and I actually came to see his true colors.

Infront of his friends he would try and act as if he didnt know me but would try and get into my pants once we are alone.

I even smiled at his way and he didn't even bother to acknowledge my smile.

I could feel a tear dropping down as I cooked for my son who was watching cartoons on tv.

I could feel my heart hurting bit by bit with every minute that passed as I kept thinking it. I kept on thinking about how hurt I was and how I fell for him too soon. I didnt even notice it until now.

When did I become this vulnerable.

I did not notice that every time I would let him get in my pants he was breaking the wall I kept around my heart brick by brick.
Now it was too late.

I removed the pot from the stove and served Cyril and myself then called him to the dining table.

When he saw my teary face he gestured me to lift him up in my hands and when I did he brought his little hands to wipe my tears.

And that kept a little smile on my face

His head rested at the crook of my neck as he tried to hug me while I still carried him.
And refused to let me go when I wanted to sit him down so that I could feed him.

Chuckling at how he tried to make me feel  better by holding me tight I ate and when I finished I dropped my plate in the sink and carried him to the sitting room where cartoons were still playing.

When he heard the sound of cartoons he removed his face out of my neck and clapped his hands with a smile.

"Wook mama" he said and that was my cue to start feeding him and he ate while being distracted by the cartoon playing he finished the food without a struggle.

I loved it whenever he tried to talk because first of all he doesn't talk much instead he does gestures and second of all it just melts my heart hearing his voice.

When bed time reached I tucked him in and brought my laptop to try and start in some of tomorrow's work that I didn't start and the rest of today's work since we wasted so much time.

When I looked at my phone an unknown number was calling and I picked it up waiting to hear whoever was calling me daring to disturb my beauty time of labour.

I answered the phone and kept quiet.

"Seriously? Are we all going to keep breathing or are you going to ask me why the fuck I called?" The deep voice said on the other end and a small smile creeped up on me.

Well look who the cat dragged

"Well if I may ask who am I talking to?" I asked with a chuckle and waited for him to answer.

"Seriously Anaïs drop it" I could hear him sucking the air between his teeth.

"Come on Ethan just admit it
You saw me once and you are already in love with me.
Sad that I dont love you back" I said shaking my head waiting for an answer.

"My delicate heart just broke" he said deeper this time as if he was being sarcastic and he really was.

I erupted in laughter as I felt his annoyance through the call.

"So what's up?" I asked waiting to hear why he called and where he got my number.

"Can't I call to make sure my favourite person is good?" He asked and I felt him shifting.

"No you can't because if your girlfriend hears that you are calling a woman at ten pm she will flip" I said and waited for an answer.

He chuckled then laughed.

"What's so funny?" I asked looking ahead.

"I haven't had a girlfriend in like two years and no offense I dont want one right now.
Don't worry I can still dick you down" he said lightly.

"Dreams are valid babes.
And why did Malia say you have one" I asked and he suddenly kept quiet.

"Soooo good night princess nice talking to you I will see you tomorrow I guess"  he said and blew a kiss on the other end of the call and before I could finish my sentece he cut the call.

Okay it seemed strange how both of them were hidding something that looks like it took an impact on their lives.

Looking at my phone I shook my head and realised how quietly weird it seemed that I clicked with Ethan so much to the point of me calling him 'babes'.

I didnt even call malia babes or even Marcus or Vincent.

Talking about him I needed to call him and arrange some kind of meet up or something.

Three months is a long time.

The following day was as usual with my morning routine and dropping my son to school then going to the office.

As usual I smoothed down my attire that consisted of a blue short sleeved loose dress that was a little above my knees and five inches of black heels then took my purse ready for the day.

It was quiet and peaceful as I did my job and again Lucas did not try to talk to me or anything and that gave me the hint that maybe we were over.

As if there was anything between us apart from casual sex.

Maybe he was messing with me because he needed company over or something like that.

Maybe I was some two months game and he was done toying around with me.

Maybe he found someone better.

I guess.

Ethan did come in my office today like he said he would and looked at my bare toes admiring my toe ring and the three anklets I wore.

"Owkey? Done staring?" I asked in an amused tone.

"Damn they compliment you" he said looking at me then took a sit.

He looked at me as he waited for me to bombard him with questions and hell I did.

I asked him a lot of fucking questions like what he does where he lives where his parents are if he had any siblings and if I could bang his big brother but unfortunately he was married with kids not even a kid.

Damn it.

I asked him a lot and he asked in return and at the end we came to know each other really well.

We even got to story telling of childhood since we grew up in different parts of the world.

Like how I grew up all over the world and how he grew up here.

The whole lunch break we laughed and ate the food that he brought and he left when it was over.

If malia didnt have feelings for this man she was mad.

He knew how to laugh a girl all the way into her panties.

Not even pants.

So something must have happened in Dubai.

Yes I came to find out that he has been spending a whole year in Dubai.

We needed to meet up asap.

I texted Malia to cook  a lot because Cyril and I would be eating at her place today and what she didnt know was that I was going to make her talk.

At five thirty I left because I was done with work and went to pick my son at my parents house.

My mother was home and I didnt sit in which she told me never to do again and me knowing myself I knew I onew that I would do it again.

I took a bite of what she had made and I dont remember the fancy name she said but it was Delicious anyways and I took Cyril home with me after eating half of my food.
My mom almost killed me she hated when we never finished our food.

We needed to shower and change clothes so that we head at Malia's.

In half an hour we were done and since it was chilly outside I grabbed my Jean jacket and got a jumper for Cyril too.

We got out drove twenty minutes until we reached to Malia's apartment.
We got out with our cartoon of juice and a bottle of wine and whiskey to get her drunk enough to talk.

I carried Cyril but he wiggled out mentioning that he wanted to walk and due to the amount of time we spent on the first case of stairs I knew that it was impossible for him to walk again so I carried him all the way to the elevator then kept him down again after multiple noises of protest.

"Cyril dont hit mommy!" I told him with an intense stare and he burst out crying.
I had to roll my eyes at his ego.

When the elevator doors open I rang the door bell and waited while trying to shush the crying baby in my hands.

"Awww what has gotten my baby crying?" Malia said trying to take him from my hands and he gladly went.

He was mad at me for a fact.

Chuckling I shook my head and told her that he was trying to hit me.

"Well you should not hit mommy" she said to him in a soothing voice as she stroked his hair backwards  in a smooth manner.

I entered inside holding the bottles and the cartoon of juice that cyril dropped down when he was having a fit and it ended up being crocked at the edges along the wine and whiskey that I knew would get her drunk.

I thank whoever made bags.

Light weight problems.

I plopped down on the couch and the aroma of food immediately hit me making me hungry.

"I made Mac and cheese with chocolate cake for desert and there is beer wine milk and water for whoever feels like taking any." She said then kept Cyril down who came back to me with a running nose.

'Damn it baby' removing a tissue out of my purse I wiped his face and nose then sat him on my lap.

"Come here" I said engulfing him in a hug and talked to him about not hitting mommy or girls of anyhow.

I knew he was a smart kid because he nodded to what I was saying and even repeated some words when I asked him what I said.

He then went to play with my earings that he somehow found interesting.

Minutes after Malia brought food and I clapped my hand in amusement knowing that I was about to suck information out of my bestfriend without regret.

I went to the kitchen then poured him milk and came back with a cup and glass full of wine.

I sat after I brought my glass of juice because I was driving and I was with my son.

I came back and fed Cyril after I ordered him to sit down and eat without running.

He calmed down sat and ate.

He then fell asleep on the couch and I made him comfortable enough then looked at a drunk Malia staring right at me.
She drank all that on purpose. Did mention that she actually mixed wine and two shots of whiskey.

Well time to get some answers.

I was about to get my hands dirty.

Evil smiles.

Ooohhhh I was so evil.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

2.8K 211 29
OH MY GOD! There's nothing quite like being trapped with the one man you can't stand .. egotistic, pompous, and brutal. He was the epitome of opulen...
3.2M 99.9K 44
Arranged marriage, it doesn't occur as much in this modern society. Or so people think. In reality, it would shock you how high the numbers are...
10.9K 779 47
Mysterious - Slow Burn - Friends to Lovers • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •...
420K 13.5K 41
"Come back, Ava. Why did you leave me?" He said looking deep into my eyes. "After what you did, no one can come back to you!" I shook my arm forceful...