Broken Memories (Sequel to ST...

By MicStories

Isabella's life has been far from pleasant. After being forcefully married to a cold and harsh mafia boss, he... More

Chapter 1: Waking up
Chapter 2: Answers
Chapter 3: Home sweet home
Chapter 4: Stranger danger
Chapter 5: Treat
Chapter 6: Uninvited Guest
Chapter 7: First Aid
Chapter 8: Scheming
Chapter 9: Reunited
Chapter 10: Cup of tea
Chapter 11: Realisation
Chapter 12: Getaway
Chapter 13: Birthday S- Surprise
Chapter 14: Broken souls
Chapter 15: Friend or Foe?
Chapter 16: Signed in blood
Chapter 17: Family photo
Chapter 18: Back to reality
Chapter 19: Back to work
Chapter 20: Hold me close
Chapter 21: Answers
Chapter 22: Accepting a loss
Chapter 23: Foolish
Chapter 24: Perspective
Chapter 25: Revelations
Chapter 26: Explanations
Chapter 27: Redemption
Chapter 29: Confronting your demons
Chapter 30: Goodbye my love
Chapter 31: End of the road
Chapter 32: Lies
Chapter 33: Fate
Chapter 34: The truth hurts
Chapter 35: Moving on
Chapter 36: Love wins
Chapter 37: I need you
Chapter 38: New beginnings
Chapter 39: Pregnancy
Chapter 40: Loss
Chapter 41: Hope
Chapter 42: Baby boy
Chapter 43: Unconditional Love
Chapter 44: Epilouge
Chapter 45: Bonus chapter
Chapter 46: BONUS BONUS chapter
Sequel out now

Chapter 28: Found out

21.5K 782 204
By MicStories

Chase's POV:

"Fuck, she's turned up to James' house. What the hell is she doing here? Have you instructed her here to stir up Isabella and James?" I yelled into the phone hiding behind a tree hoping that she wouldn't see me. There were no men in sight and I had to be careful. No-one can know where my loyalties lie.

"Bloody hell, no I haven't. What the fuck does she think she's doing?" Anthony growled out on the speaker.

"You've put the device in her phone I assume"

"Yeah, and she's kept her phone in her jacket pocket all this time. We will be able to hear what she's saying" I mumbled whilst peering round the corner to see Jessica standing by the front door with an unimpressed James and Bella.

"Excellent. Listen in. Try and get close to the building without being seen by them 3. Call me as soon as you find out her intention".

"Will do Boss". I hung up and opened up the main menu clicking on the special hacker app that would allow me to listen in to their conversation. Pushing myself away from the back wall I headed over to the large house eager to investigate this suspicious behaviour.

"We'll talk in my office" James' deep voice rang out from the speaker on my phone and I ran around the side of the house all the way to the back of it where endless cars parked and where mine sat.

Crouching down behind my car I peered through the car window and stared into the office. I had full view of James and Isabella staring intensely at Jessica who's back was faced towards me. Peering round the back garden I double checked to see if there were any guards in sight. The last thing I needed was James being informed of my actions, especially since Jessica turned up unexpectedly. Neither Anthony or I knew what her reasons were but either way something was fishy.

"I'm so so sorry for what I put you through. I was weak, I was manipulated into doing such a horrible thing to set you up and destroy your marriage".

My heart instantaneously sank. She wasn't just here to apologise. She was going to spill all the details of our plans. Grabbing out my phone I fumbled around frantically pressing on Anthony's contact detail and holding the phone to my ear, my foot tapping nervously as they talked away on the speaker device.

"Yes?"

"She's fucking telling James and Isabella the truth. She's informing them about you" I whispered out frantically not wanting to draw any attention.

"FUCKING BITCH. I had a hunch she would" Anthony yelled through the phone.

"W-What do you want me to do?. If James knows about me, we're fucked".

I could hear Anthony mumble incoherently to himself.

"Kill the whore".

Placing down my phone onto the ground I reached into my pocket with haste and fumbled slightly as I pulled my gun out and clicked the components into place before aiming it at the window. I had a perfect clear shot of her sat there on the sofa. I could get a clean shot through the back of her head. My hand shook slightly still shaken by her betrayal. I hated snakes. Of all people, I didn't expect Jessica to grow a conscience and be brave enough to tell the truth.

"Y-you're lying. My father died when I shot him years ago".

"I'm not! He told me his plan. He approached me and asked me to join him. He was treated by his men and went into hiding knowing you'd take over. He's been building up his group getting stronger and more powerful. He's finally returned to get his revenge and he's working alongside Ch-"

Bang

It felt as though time slowed down to a halt. She was moments away from saying my name but as soon as she went to say it my finger squeezed the trigger pointing towards her frame. But as soon as I pulled the trigger she stood up causing the bullet to fly into her stomach and not her head as I had hoped.

"Shit". I collapsed back and hid behind the car. I could hear James shouting and Isabella comforting Jessica.

Fuck she's not dead yet.

A part of me wanted to storm in and shoot Jessica and James and take Bella far away with me. But it wasn't logical. It wasn't what Anthony wanted.

I stared up to see all the shutters falling over the doors and windows. It was a precaution I knew all too well. I could no longer see inside the office, but I knew I had to flee. James would've informed his guards by now and would probably rush to find whoever the intruder was.

Unlocking my car with haste I jumped into the drivers seat and switched the car on faster than you could blink. The engine roared as I sped out of the estate crashing into the gates not caring that they now laid on the ground broken off their hinges.

The speaker device rested on the chair next to me. I could still hear loud alarms and Bella's voice soothing Jessica as she coughed and sputtered up blood.

"W-who's working with my father. Is there a spy amongst my men?".

I suddenly pulled over to the side of the road upon hearing James' deep voice. This was it. This was the moment everything comes crashing down. Bella was in the room as well as James. Would she ever willing come with me after hearing I was a spy? Would she ever love me if she found out I was the one who killed her dog. What would she see in me?

Perhaps I should just take her. James did it and she's fallen in love with him. Perhaps she could be in another 'accident' and forget the real man that I man.

"Come on Jessica, fight" Bella whispered softly making my heart skip a beat. Jessica coughed loudly and gasped for breath. Thankfully she was in her last moments of life and hopefully to my advantage would never expose my name.

"C-Chase".

My hands trembled uncontrollably on the steering wheel, my body shaking slightly as the reality had sunk in. They both knew. It was game over. Grabbing the speaker device I threw it out the window in rage. I was done playing this game. I was done being second best. It was time to reveal the real monster that I had concealed for a very long time. I would show them who the real villain is.

James' POV

The shutters had fallen over all the windows and doors. My guards had surrounded the house with their guns at the ready. For all we knew there could be an unannounced attack on the house, so we had to be prepared. Men ran to the area behind the house and searched for the intruder who could still be waiting around ensuring Jessica's death. But there was no sign of him. I was still shaken by all the information she through at me.

My father? Still alive and wanting revenge. God knows how many people he has working for him. And what will happen when we finally come face to face. What will happen to Isabella? I have to keep her as far away from Anthony as possible for everyone knows that she is my ultimate weakness. And the most shocking by far. Chase. My second in command. The man who I grew up with. The man who knew the cruelty of my father and occasionally faced his wrath at times too. I didn't trust him completely since he tried to escape with Isabella, but to join forces with a man who wants me dead was beyond me.

I walked away from my desk and stared at Isabella who was kneeling beside Jessica. I gazed at her silently watching as she whispered incoherent things to Jessica whilst she held her hand. Small trickles of tears poured down her beautiful face as she slowly pulled away from Jessica and laid a nearby blanket over Jessica's body.

"Baby". Rushing over I embraced my arms around Isabella and pulled her into my chest not wanting to let go of her. She was acting too calm. A woman just got shot in front of her and she acted like she wasn't shaken up by it.

Isabella nuzzled her head into my chest letting out small sobs that pierced at my heart slightly.

"She didn't deserve this". Slowly pulling away from Isabella I stared down at her small frame and lifted my thumb up to her face and wiped away at the gem like tears.

"I know sweetheart. But she was so brave for telling us". I stroked the back of her head softly letting her know I was right by her side. As much as I loved holding her like this I was becoming stressed by the minute. I didn't want her to be in the same room as a dead body. I wanted to take her to the safe room and then deal with the pressing issue at hand.

"She wanted a different life, but didn't get a chance to live it". Isabella's voice began to break again and so I instinctively held her tighter.

"Shh I know. But at least she's at peace, free of torment and guilt".

Isabella nodded her head against my chest, small sniffles escaped her lips as she tried to calm herself down after a very scary encounter.

"Come on baby. We can't stay here any longer". Isabella turned to look at Jessica's dead body but I gently grabbed the side of her face and brought her eyes back to me. I shook my head slowly telling her with my eyes that it was not a good idea to look anymore. Somehow, she seemed to understand and let herself be guided out of the room with my arm firmly wrapped around her waist.

The house that once held warmth and security now felt tense and unnerving. I felt eyes on the back of my head watching my every move. It didn't feel like home anymore. Now that my father is alive and thirsty for revenge, one wrong move could cost me my life. But it's not my life that I care about. It's hers. It's Isabella's. She's the only thing I care about. And if something was to happen to her, I'd crumble. Now thanks to Chase, my father is probably fully aware of how much Isabella means to me. I just pray that when the time comes he leaves Isabella out of this fight.

We suddenly stopped in front of a well hidden door that was covered by curtains almost looking like there was nothing there. Grabbing out a key from inside my pocket I unlocked the door and let it swing open.

"Where does this lead to?" Isabella looked down at the long staircase and peered over the edge hoping to see what was at the bottom.

She looked up perplexed at my silence but instead of replying I simply smiled at her. But she was smart. There was a dark message behind my smile. It was a smile of attempted reassurance. It obviously hadn't convinced her as her eyebrows furrowed into a frown.

Gently guiding her down the stairs, as we reached the bottom I flicked on the light switch and lit the darkness up revealing a small room.

"What is this place?" Isabella pulled herself out of my hold and began to explore this unknown location.

"This is a safe room, used for emergencies. It's well hidden from intruders and bulletproof in case they were to find it. The door is made with the strongest steel and can only be opened from the inside unless you have the key. It's also soundproof so you won't be heard".

I watched from the bottom of the stairs as Isabella wondered around the room gently trailing her finger across the fine oak dinner table and soft sofa.

"There are three rooms. The living room, the bedroom and bathroom. Each room has a first aid kit, a gun should you ever need it and in the corner of the bedroom there is an escape route that leads to the back garden".

Isabella spun around and stared at me in disbelief.

"Why are you showing me this place?" Isabella's voice was laced with worry and concern at the endless possibilities flying round in her head.

"Because I want you to stay here. I will stay with you in the at night, but until everything is resolved I need you in a place that I know you're safe". Isabella's eyes began to water.

"Why only at night?. I need you with me. I'm scared James. Please I don't want to be here on my own".

Isabella let her face fall to the floor, small tears cascaded down her reddened cheeks. Everything, every event finally dawned on her and it all came pouring out.

"My love, my father is out there. He is dangerous and I'm scared he will come after you as he knows you're the love of my life. I have to find him and do everything I can to stop him. I also need to track down Chase. Baby, I don't want to leave you, but I need to sort this all out. Once it's over we can go back to our little home in the countryside".

Isabella lifted up her head and her blue sapphire eyes met mine. She harshly wiped away at her tears making her eyes red and sore from the roughness of her jumper.

"D-do you think Chase killed Milo?".

Even though Milo died not long ago, we still didn't bring it up. It was a sore subject for both of us, but somehow I had a gut feeling that Chase was responsible for Milo's death.

"I will find out baby. But for now, I need you in here. There's food in the fridge, a bath, books and plenty of other things. Just, just promise me you'll stay here". Isabella sighed deeply taking in everything at once.

"Okay. I'll stay here, but promise me you'll come back". Isabella rested her open palm on my stubble jaw and stared at me intensely.

"I promise I'll come back to you".

And with the final promise to my wife, I rushed up the stairs not wanting to stay near her any longer. I couldn't bear the thought of staying away from her. I couldn't bear the possibility of that promise to her being broken. For I did not know what was to come.

Slamming the door shut and ensuring it was locked, I let the curtain fall over it and headed to the office. As we had made our way to safe room I had made sure to instruct for the body to be removed. She deserved a proper burial and wanted to organise it properly. I gave orders for one of my men to do a background research on her. If nothing could be found then Jessica would be buried next to my mother. She deserves to rest in a beautiful area for the things she sacrificed herself for.

Slumping myself down in my chair, I rested my head in my hands and sighed.

I needed sleep. I needed closure. I needed everyone to disappear and let Isabella and I live our lives in peace.

Ring Ring

My eyes flew up to my phone that I had left on the desk since the shooting. The sound of it buzzing unnerved me. The phone was face down not allowing me to see the caller ID. My shaky hand reached out for the phone and turned it over so I was now face to face with the screen.

Unknown caller. Every part of my body screamed for me not to answer it. Warning bells were ringing in my head telling me it was not a good idea to answer and to let it go to voicemail. But I didn't listen.

"Who the hell is this?" I growled out into the phone not giving a damn if it was a wrong number or not.

"Now now, that's no way to speak to your father is it?".

Hello! Hope you enjoyed this chapter.
Well, Chase is done for.

In your opinion from the story so far, who do you feel the villain is in this book?

Will James' promise to Isabella get broken?

Also please check out my brand new book called Prisoner in Red. I'm honestly so pleased with how it's all planned out. Please give it a chance and let me know your thoughts on it so far xoxo it would mean a lot!

Please leave your thoughts and opinions.

I apologise for any errors or mistakes xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

398K 8.7K 84
(currently editing) When Isabella has finally had enough of the abuse, she decides to leave. She finally has the strength to run from the monster she...
5.6K 212 31
"If you choose to leave, I won't stop you cause I know that would be a sensible decision." He moved even closer to her, encircling her in his arms, h...
242K 8.1K 73
(CAPTURED SERIES #1) "Don't defy me Bella submit yourself to me." he said in a threatening voice. "No I'll never do this. I don't want this, please...
71.5K 1.5K 43
Gemma was five when she was kidnapped. Her nanny was just a few feet away picking up Renzo's favorite salad dressing. Gemma was grabbed from behind o...