Escape into Reality (A One Di...

By BreezyPie

When Josie Jaynes wins a contest to go on tour with One Direction, World War III might break out. Josie has... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Epilogue

Chapter 11

2.2K 45 9
By BreezyPie

A/N Sorry for not updating sooner...I try to update every weekend if I'm not super busy.  So I'm really sorry if this chapter is crap because I'm so busy cause of school and crap :(

Anyways...I wanted to dedicate this chapter to @thatdorklauren for her wonderful comment!!! :) 

p.s. she's got a lovely fanfic too =) sorry Lauren, i kinda creeped on your profile lol

~Josie's POV~

It's been exactly twenty-four hours and I cant still feel the taste of Harry's lips on mine.  To be honest, it's a pretty good feeling.  The only not-so-good thing is that I've been lying awake on this stupid plane for ten hours.  

We were headed to the boy's next concert which was in Hawaii.  Everybody on the plane was asleep, and even the night sky outside looked peaceful, calm.  I looked over at the sleeping boy next to me and frowned.  Louis had insisted that since Harry liked to get naked on planes, he should not be allowed to sit next to me.  So Louis had done the honors and sat next to me.  

Two rows back was Harry, so I couldn't even see him.  Ugh.  I'm going to kill Louis later for this.  Four more hours on the damned plane without a wakened soul.  Bleh. 

Suddenly, Louis fell out of his chair and landed on his butt with a thud.

"Oi!" his eyes snapped open and I smiled as Harry sat down next to me.  

"Better go find a seat before the flight attendant comes," Harry said cheekily.

"Bloody bastard..." Louis mumbled walking away and rubbing his bum.

"Took you long enough," I sais smilingly as I rested my head on his shoulder. His arm automatically wrapped around me, enveloping me in warmness.  

"Sorry love," he said in his husky voice.  I closed my eyes feeling the butterflies in my stomach as he called my 'love'.  Why do people call them butterflies?  It felt more like dinosaurs stomping around, intent on making me feel all weird inside.  A good weird mind you.  

"Go to sleep..." he mumbled. I gave a big yawn before unconsciousness overtook me.  I could still feel Harry's lips on mine from yesterday...weird huh?

*****

 "I'll never leave you alone.  Never." 

"Promise?" 

"I promise," he said looking me dead in the eye.

I smiled faintly before a knocking interrupted us.

"Josie? Josieee?"

"Josie?  Wake up Jay, we're here."

"Huh?" I mumbled blinking my eyes open sleepily.  I was greeted by the sight of Harry's beautiful forest green eyes.  I wouldn't mind waking up like this everyday.  

"We've landed.  It's time to get off," he said grabbing my carry-ons and leading me off the plane.

"Be prepared for hell," Zayn chuckled darkly behind us.  

"Say what?" I asked him.

"You'll see," he said smilingly smugly.

And see I did.  As soon as we entered the exit gate at the airport, paparazzi and fans started swarming around us. The bodyguards were no match for those vicious chihuahua like directioners.  They were everywhere!  Screaming, shouting, and grabbing at everything in sight.  

 "Josie!  Over here!'

"Look this way sweetheart!" 

I did my best to smile for the cameras and give out signatures.  It was still weird how people admired me for me.  Well, me as in the princess of England but that's the same thing I guess.  

Harry came up beside me and we chatted with the fans together.  It wasn't actually hell I guess.  It sounded like it, but it was actually really fun chatting with people next to the love of your life.  Wait.  Did I just say the love of my life?  What am I coming to?  Ugh. I've never been a romantic.  Ew. What is Harry doing to me?  

Well, anyways, the signing was all really fun until some crazy girls grabbed my hair.  My freaking HAIR!  

"Ow!" I cried as the girls squealed.

"Oh my gosh! I love her shirt!" I girl screamed as I felt my hair being pulled.  Some other fan started tugging on my shirt.  Suddenly, people were pulling me from every direction.  My jeans, my hair, my shirt (that I'm guessing was torn) and all over my arms.  Where were the body guards when you needed them?

"Back off," somebody roared from behind me.  There was a lot of shuffling before big, strong hands gripped my waist and pulled me away from all the chaos.  

I clutched my savior frantically as bodyguards came in and tried to subdue the screeching girls.  I caught a glimpse of the ginger who had pulled my hair.  Right now, she was being bombarded by death glares from all sides of the sea of directioners.  Hah.  Karma's a bitch.  

"You okay?" Harry asked me.  I looked up and realized I was clutching Harry's shirt.  Hehe. Whoops. 

"Yeah," I said letting go and smoothing his white shirt out.  'Thanks for getting me."

"I'll always get you.  Remember?  I'm your superman."  He said.

I laughed remembering when weren't exactly the best of friends.  It was that day he caught me when I fell down the stairs and called himself my 'superman'.  I smiled reminiscing the good ole days.  

*****

I flopped down on the pristine white bed and stared up at the intricately designed ceiling.  As usual, the hotel we were staying at was a five star and magnificent.  But nothing, and I mean nothing, beat the view of the Hawaii beach when I looked out the window.  The blue ocean water, the white sand, and palm trees with coconuts on them.  Beautiful.

"Get up loser!" Louis yelled barging into my room.  Agh.  I always forget to lock it.  

"Okay, okay butthead," I said.  Louis grinned his childish smile, waiting for me at the door.  Gosh it was so easy to be childish around him.  I just had to make sure I didn't say any of those things in front of the camera or else my reputation was dead.  Not that I really cared, but my mother would've probably had me killed.

"If you don't hurry, Harry's going to leave without youuu," Lou sang.  I shot him a glare and grabbed my towel.  I already had my ruffled yellow bikini on and a large t-shirt over it.  

"Let's go!" I yelled grabbing Louis by the wrist and dragging him down the hallway and towards the main lobby.  We ran past each of the boy's room, Harry was sharing with Zayn.  Niall with Liam and Louis with me.  Why didn't I get to share with Harry you ask?  Because management didn't want us to "make babies".  Totally awkward right?  We aren't even dating...

The second my feet hit the smooth sand, I took off running for the ocean, leaving Louis, who was setting up an umbrella and chairs, behind.  

I laughed as I saw Zayn trying to work up the nerve to get into the ocean.  

"Just go in!" I yelled diving into the warm water.  When I resurfaced, Zayn had still only gotten a toe wet.  A toe.

"Don't make me come over there!" I threatened him.

"No!" He squealed.  "I can't swim!"  I sighed to myself before making my way over to him.  

Then, I lost my footing as the bottom of the ocean and face planted into the water.  My nose burned as seawater made their way down to my lungs. I think I was choking underwater. Is that called drowning? Helplessly, I struggled to get back to the surface but the tide just kept dragging me under.  So this is what drowning feels like as I tried to breath in oxygen but all that came in was more water.

Then, all the water disappeared and a bright light filled my vision.  Was this heaven?  I opened my eyes but my vision was blurry and a bit red.  Was this hell then?  I don't think I didn't anything wrong in my seventeen years of life...

"Jay! Wake up!  Wake up!" A voice...Harry I think...shouted into my face.  Large fingers poked my cheek. 

"Haz..." I mumbled coughing out water.  Ew.  I blinked some more before I saw four worried faces staring at me.  "I'm fine" I reassured them coughing out more water.

"Fine!? You almost drowned!" Harry said, seeming to go a little insane.  His hands that were still wrapped protectively around my waist tightened.  

"It's okay.  I'm okay." I said.

"Is she okay?" Somebody yelled from the shore.  We turned to look at Zayn who still on the coastline, refusing to set foot in the sea.

"Yeah, we're coming over mate!" Niall yelled back.  Slowly, we all trudged back to the beach.  

"Thank god your okay.  I told you not to go in there," Zayn said hugging me before letting go under Harry's glare. 

"Okay, okay, no more ocean for today," Liam said sternly.  

"Yes father," Louis said.

"Can we have food father?" Niall asked pouting.

Liam rolled his eyes but led us back to where our little camp was set up and pulled out a bag of Nandos.  

All I have to say is, the food was gone before you could say Niall.

*****

The moon was out now, and the stars were shining down on me.  The boys were performing at their concert, but I'd just needed to rest, and so here I am, walking all alone down the beach.

I know what you're going to think.  This is like the calm before the storm kind of thing.  It's a beautiful night out and I'm out walking all alone when some random guy's going to come kidnap me.  Okay, so you may not have been thinking that, but I was.  I'm just paranoid okay?  

And of course, I have a right to be paranoid.  Because suddenly, there was a black shadow following my every move.  No joke.  I sped up my pace a bit but they were still right behind me.  I bit my lip and reached my hand into my jeans.  No phone.  Damn.  

I started up a light jog before turning around once more to see the black figure was sprinting towards me.  A rush of adrenaline surged through my body and I took off running.  I was fast, but this person was faster, and in no time, I could hear their breathing behind me.

"Gotcha!" A familiar voice said as I was tackled to the ground.

I looked up and start guffawing uncontrollably.  Yes, guffawing.  "Drake you jerk!" I said pushing him off of me and standing up.

"Nice to see you too," he said teasingly.  I laughed some more and playfully slapped him.  Now that my adrenaline rush was gone, I think I may have crossed the line into hysteria.

"You scared me!" I said once I regained my composure.

"Ohmyogd!  How will I ever live with myself?" He asked in a high pitched voice.  

I stuck my tongue out at him childishly before looking around to make sure the paps weren't here. 

"So how's life treating you?" he said kicking up some sand.

"It's treating me like I'm a freaking princess," I said rolling my eyes.

"Haha, good one. But no seriously," he hesititated a little nervously before saying the next part, "how's your boyfriend?"

My boyfriend?  What boyfriend?  I laughed at the thought out loud.  When I looked back at Drake, he was still looking at me expectantly.  Was he serious?

"You're joking," I said.

"You don't have a boyfriend?" he asked.

"No," I retorted looking at him like he was crazy.  Maybe he was.

"What about Harry Styles?" Drake asked innocently.  

"Drake you little bugger!" I yelled slapping him across the head.  

"Ow," he said rubbing his head and pouting at the same time.  "Are sure Harry Styles-"

"I heard my name," somebody said walking toward us.

"Harry!" I stuttered.  This is awkward...was it really that late that they were done with their concert already?

"O-oh.  I was gonna ask her if y-you were...erm...single...?" Drake stuttered.  I had to muffle my giggles as he looked awkwardly away.  He made it sound like he was gay or something.  Which he isn't I assure you.

"Pfft, why do you keep stalking us," Harry said walking over to me and looping an arm around my shoulders, "Just get lost kid."

"Harry," I said scolding him.  He rolled his eyes and led me back the way we came from.  I turned around and saw Drake with his hands in his pockets, staring after us wistfully.  'Sorry" I mouthed to him.  Drake's lips quirked into a small smile before he turned around and walked away.

 A/N ugh blech...bad chapter...sorry guys :( next one will be better cuz this was like a filler...btw, do you guys prefer long chapters, update once a week or short chapter and more updates???

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 119 21
What if you are on a holiday in Spain with your best friend when you suddenly run into the boys of the world famous boyband, One Direction. You fall...
36.7K 413 21
This is a One direction fan fic :) Saskia Jenkins Is just your normal teenage girl until one day she goes to a 1D book signing and everything changes...
19.5K 269 33
Sarah takes a trip to London for her Birthday and runs into Harry Styles. It was the best week of her life spending time with him, she started to fal...
44.4K 316 21
Maggie is being forced to go live with her dad, a big-shot manager for a famous band, in England. What she doesn't expect is that band happens to be...