Chapter 18

"You don't need to answer that!" I intervened quickly.  Didn't want Drake to infect my friend.

Drake only chuckled at my reaction and stuck out his hand for Femi.  "The name's Drake."

"Femi," she replied curtly without shaking his hand and giving me a wink.  I smirked; Femi understands me and my petty annoyance towards Drake so well.

"Why haven't I met you before?" Drake asked unfazed by Femi's greeting.  His eyes grazed over her exquisite jewlrey before landing on her tanned face.  His eyes widened for a second before returning to normal size.  

"Maybe because I live in Egypt," Femi retorted rolling her eyes. I snickered by her side.  "So, if you'll excuse us Drake, we have a party to get ready for."

"Party?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.  I don't remember a party being mentioned.

"Oh yeah...there's this big party at Funky Buddha tonight," she replied sheepishly.  I opened my mouth ready to protest but Femi cut me off.  "All the A-listers will be there."

A-listers.  As in the biggest celebrities in the industry.  As in the one and only Harry Styles.  I readily nodded my head, my mood turning a full 180.  "What are we waiting for?  Let's go get ready."

"Wait Josie!" Drake called a conflicting emotion on his face, "will your fa-"

"I don't even care!" I shouted already sprinting down the hallway with Femi hot on my heels.  And I didn't.  Why should I care what my father thought?  Tonight, I was going to see Harry!  And nobody was going to stop me.  Nobody.  

~~~~~

"Are you guys ready yet?" Drake's irritated voice yelled from outside my bedroom.  

"Just a second!" Femi called back perfecting the already flawless mascara on her lashes.  I twirled in my cute white dress feeling rather girly tonight.  My hair was done in a "princess" braid as was Femi's.  Slipping my feet in white peep toes and grabbing Femi by the elbow, we were now off to the party.

"It's about time," Drake muttered when we opened the door.  He stopped his pacing outside and looked up to gape at us, or more correctly, gape at Femi.  I analyzed Femi as a slight blush sprouted on her cheeks but she was quick to cover it.  Great.  My future husband has a crush on one of my best friends who is helping me sneak out to a party tonight to see the love of my life.  This should end well.

"Let's go," I muttered under my breath dragging both of them towards the front door.  I swear the sexual tension between these two...

"And where do you think you're going?" I cringed hearing the voice sound behind me.  If only we had been quicker!

"I was just taking out these two to a party down the street.  For the publicity you know," Drake lied.  I looked hopefully at my father hoping he would buy into the lie.  His eyebrows scrunched into one over his head and he nodded thoughtfully.

"Alright then.  Have fun, but don't touch alcohol," he warned waggling his finger at us.  I rolled my eyes.  I've never touched that stuff in my life, and I wasn't going to start now.

A short limo ride later, we were arriving at the party.  

 Suddenly, my palms became all sweaty and butterflies decided to start making babies in my stomach.  I gulped nervously as I stepped out of the limousine.

Drake grabbed my hand and squeezed it reassuringly.  "Don't be nervous.  Just relax for tonight.  Let loose."

I nodded and walked to the entrance of the club while cameras flashed annoyingly.  Femi appeared by my side and us three walked in together.