Epilogue

The music was already playing as I hastily fixed my hair.  Even with all the gel my stylist put in, it wouldn't stay in one place.  I made by tucking the strands behind my ear before I attempted to gracefully walk through the church doors.  

My palms were sweaty and I tried to discreetly wipe them off on my silvery colored dress.  Why was I sweating so much? It just didn't make sense.

I held my head up a little higher to make eye contact with Harry.  He smiled his famous cheeky grin and it felt like my world was somewhat...complete.  I smiled back and then looked back towards the ground, to make sure I didn't trip in these freaking four inch heels.

Left foot.

Right foot.

Left foot.

Right foot.

Before I knew it, I had made it to the center podium of the church.  All eyes were on my and Harry and I gave him a brief smile before I turned around and walked to the bridesmaid side.  I didn't have to look back to know that Harry was standing in the traditional spot reserved for the best man.

Now, everybody's attention was directed toward the beautiful bride, Piper, who was making her way down the isle.  She kept her attention on Josh while he beamed at her in her gorgeous designer dress.  They were truly a match made in heaven.

The preacher read off the vows and Piper looked like she would pass out any minute now.  I looked over at Harry who was staring intently at me.

I cocked my head to the side but he didn't acknowledge my gesture, just continued staring at me.

What a creep.  But he's my creep.  So back off ladies.

The preacher finished with his vows with a "you may now kiss the bride" which basically gave the pair permission to make out in front of all of us.  I pitied the young kids sitting in the front row.

The after party was a hit and everybody was at it on the dance floor.  Except for me.  I looked around the room for Harry as he had disappeared as soon as the wedding had ended.

Getting a bit frustrated, I sat down on a chair, resting my elbows on my knees and placing my head in my hands.  All I truly wanted right now was to see my favorite curly head.  Maybe I was being selfish because this was Piper and Josh's wedding after all, but I couldn't help it.  

"Hey beautiful."

I looked up hopefully and saw Harry's green eyes staring into mine.  

"Harold!" I exclaimed wrapping my arms around his neck for a hug.  His deep chuckle reverbrated through his body and he took one of my hands to intertwine our fingers.

"Come with me, I want to show you something," he whispered into my ear.

"But then we'd be ditching Josh and Piper," I said frowning.  Harry looked around the room and gestured to the crowded place.

"I think they have enough guests to keep them company," he said.  I nodded mindlessly.  I didn't really mind leaving the party.  It was just that being with Harry won over any other choice.  He could have asked me to jump off a bridge with him and I would have done it.

"Come on then!"

Dragging me out of the building, he got a taxi and gave him directions.  I looked around the unfamiliar town and followed him as he led me out of the taxi and brought me to the edge of a forest.

"You wanted to show me a tree?" I asked frowning.  He laughed and ruffled his curls.  

"Not just a tree, many trees," he explained kissing the tip of my nose.

"Harry, I've seen a forest before.  I may live under a rock but I know what the wild looks like."

"I beg to differ," he said leading me once again.  This time though, he led me through the roots and branches of the woods.  I looked at the huge oaks surrounding me as he dragged me higher and higher up on what seemed to be an incline...maybe it was a mountain?

What was probably ten minutes felt like a decade until he finally came to a stop.

"What?  What is it?" I asked looking around for the sight I was supposed to see.

"Look over there," Harry pointed over the edge of a cliff.  I looked down and gasped.  We were standing on the edge of a cliff above the town, but that wasn't the amazing sight.  What was amazing was the orange, yellow, and red leaves of the plethora of trees surrounding the town.  They blended in like a sunset and the purple clouds hung low in the distance.  It was truly gorgeous.

"It's beautiful," I breathed.

"You're beautiful," he said into my ear.

I smiled up at him.  "You're such a cheese ball, you know that?"

"Yes but I'm your cheese ball."

I let out a little laugh and nodded my head.  He was mine as I was his.  "This is so perfect," I said sighing contently.  

"No, it's not perfect just yet," he said holding me away at arm's length.  I frowned at him and tilted my head to the side in question.

He smiled reassuringly at me, though it appeared a little more forced than usual.  His face looked a little tighter, as if he were nervous.  Slowly, he unwrapped his arms from around me and knelt down on one knee.

Oh god.  I know where this is going.  He knows where this is going.  Everybody knows where this is going.  Who doesn't know where this is going?

"Josie Jaynes, it's been a long time since I've felt like this.  Actually, I've never felt this way before.  It'w weird the things you do to me.  My friends and family tell me that I've changed-- for the good.  I see things differently now.  Whenever I imagine something, you're always there.  I dream about you, think about you, and brag about you to everybody I know.  I miss you when you're not by my side and you're on my mind all the time.  And it's because I love you.  I don't know what I did to make me deserve you but I promise that I'll do everything in my power to never hurt you or let anybody hurt you.  I'll cherish you until the end of time,"

He took a deep breath and stared me straight in the eyes.

"Josie Jaynes, will you marry me?"

  FIN

A/N Hey guys, you've read to the end of my story!  I'm so glad you've stayed with me to the very end and I'd like to thank each and every one of you.  It means so much to me that you guys have commented and voted for something I wrote.

I just wanna say:  I FREAKING LOVE YOU GUYS :) AND I'D LIKE TO GIVE EVERYBODY A MASSIVE THANK YOU XXX

I know the ending came a bit fast, too fast for my liking, but after editing this chapter over and over, thats the best I could come up with.

Also, I was thinking about maybe starting another story...

Maybe teen ficiton of paranormal this time... you know, to try something different?  I hope you guys would still read it even if it's now fan fiction though I do have an idea for a new fanfic too...

haha well this is the longest authors note I've ever written and only time will tell what kind of story I'll write next.  Anyways, thank you guys once again and happy wattpad-ing!