Chapter 7

Sorry for not updating :( I've been so busy because school just started, but no excuses!  Here's the next chapter...

-Love you guysss!!!  xx

Josie's POV

I could barely contain my nerves as the car pulled up in front of the Queen's-- I mean my mother's, mansion.  What would my mom be like?  Would she like me?  Or would she treat me like a Cinderella?  Questions floated through my head as I stepped out of the car.  

"Don't worry, we're here for you."  Josh said grabbing my hand a giving it a squeeze.  The rest of the lads had come for moral support since their next concert was in a week.  

Harry quietly brushed up beside me and gave me a cheeky grin.  I could only manage a weak smile in return as I faced the house, or should I say mansion?

Suddenly, lights started flashing everywhere and people were shouting and screaming.  What was happening?  Was there danger, a threat?  My mind raced as I looked around but all I could see were flashes of white everywhere.

"What's happening?"  I yelled into Josh's ear, trying to be heard.

"You're the Princess of Great Britain!  Don't you think you'd get some media attention?"  He shouted back.  

Media attention?  I'd never gotten attention before.  This was new...and frightening.  I put my hand in front of my face as I tried to walk forward, but nothing blocked out the flashing of lights.  Now that I was listening, I could hear that the screams were people shouting questions at me.  

"Let's go."  Harry said grabbing my hand and dragging me forward.  The rest of the boys formed a circle around me, slightly blocking me from the lights.

As soon as we crossed the threshold into the mansion, we all stopped to stare.  The inside was so much bigger and fancier than anything I had ever seen.  The chandeliers hung down looking like oversized wedding cakes made of glass.  The walls were decorated in murals that took maybe months to paint.  Statues stood in the corner of every room.  

"This way, your Royal Highness."  A uniformed guy said to me.  I had to bite my tongue to not giggle at being called 'Your Royal Highness'.  But behind me, I heard Louis and Harry chortling under their breaths.  

The guy led us up two staircases, down the corridor, and through more hallways I could count.  Finally, we arrived in front of a room and he shrank away, leaving just me and my nerves to open the doors.  From behind me, Josh gave me a small nudge, enough to make me let out the breath I'd been holding and open the door.

I entered the room first while the boys all tried to enter at once right behind me.  Of course, Louis just had to trip and fall flat on his face.  

The queen looked up from her chair and smiled ruefully at Lou who was trying to keep whatever shred of dignity he had left.  Then, she turned to look at me expectantly.  I looked right back at her, wondering if she would speak.  I searched her face, for any sign of emotion, but there were none.  

"Your Majesty."  Josh said from behind me giving a bow while simultaneously nudging me with his shoe.  Oh.  I get it now...kind of.  I tried to curtsy while the lads bowed behind me ungracefully parroting the words Josh had just said.

"It looks like you have a lot to learn."  The Queen said to me.  I stare at her stunned.  That's the first thing she says to me after not seeing me for twelve years!  How about a 'Hello"?  Wasn't she supposed act like a mom or something?  Was she actually my mother?

"Uhm...Yeah I guess I do."  I said awkwardly scratching the back of my head, trying not to let annoyance seep into my voice.  

Suddenly, the door that we came in from bursts open and a frazzled girl comes rushing in.