Chapter 3

Harry's POV

I winced as I stood up.  I can't believe I let her beat me in a fight.  Yes, I let her beat me.  She wouldn't have won if I had showed her my amazing karate skills.

Still though, I hadn't gotten any answers to my questions.  Why did she hate us, or avoid us so much?  Any other teenage girl would have loved to be with us, on tour with us, hanging out with us.  At dinner, she looked so sad, when Louis mentioned going on the tour.  

This girl was a puzzle.  And I needed to find the pieces.    

She was keeping secrets...

SImon's been keeping some too.  Why did he insist this girl come on tour with us?  Why does he treat her so kindly when he treats other strangers like, well...you've seen the X Factor.

I've never been the smartest in the group, but I will figure this mystery out.

Josie's POV

Before I got in bed, I looked to my phone.  One new message.

From: Mom 

You can trust them.

Huh?  Did she mean trust One Direction?  If Harry hadn't just screamed at me and pushed me up against a wall, I might listen to my mom.  But, after what happened, I don't really think I'll be trusting anybody too soon.  I didn't want to trust anyone. 

I threw my phone onto the floor.  Sleep never got to me as I looked up at the ceiling.

The next day, Simon took me and the boys to rehearsals.  Turns out that the tour actually starts in a week, meaning one week I could've spent Piper and not these idiots.  Life sucks.  

I trudged to the black car that would take us to the studio.  I called shotgun so I wouldn't have to be next to any of the guys and so that I could avoid all the conversation.  Just like at dinner last night, they chatted up a storm.  Simon, who was driving the car, yelled "Shut up boys!  I'm trying not to get us killed!"  Amen brother.

"Finally" somebody said as we parked in the private parking lot.  I turned my gaze toward the voice.  The owner of the voice looked oddly familiar...did we go to the same school?  No, no that's impossible.

"Oh, Josh, this is Josie, the winner of the contest, Josie, this is Josh, One Direction's drummer.  He's the one I picked up last night." Simon said introducing us.  

"Hi there" he said smiling.  His shiny white teeth flashed in sunlight and that's when it clicked.  He was a dead ringer for an older Lance.  Right down to the way he smiled with his dull pink lips.

"Hi" I said, grinning from ear to ear.  He blinked a couple of times, stared at me and then turned to look confusedly at the boys.  After a couple of seconds, he turned back to smile at me.  Gosh, it looked just like Lance's smile.  But Lance was...No! Don't think of that!

"Race you to the studio!" Josh yelled suddenly.  

"BOYS! NO!' Simon yelled but it was too late, they had all taken off.  I chuckled watching Josh out run everybody.  

*****

"Hey" somebody poked my arm.  I flinched backwards and gave my most menacing glare to the poker.  But then warmth replaced the icy feeling.

"Hey Josh" I smiled.  

"Wanna go grab something to eat right now since the boys still have a while before they finish rehearsals?" he asked.

"Yeah sure!" I replied smiling.  We made our way to the starbucks located inside studio.

"I'll have a cappuccino please" I told the guy working there.