Chapter 17

My whole body was sore and stiff as I woke up in the morning.  I groaned as I stretched and took a look around my room.  Everything was still messed up, just like from the night before.  There was thumping from outside my room and soon Josh and Piper were standing in the doorway.

"It's time for-" Piper stopped talking as she looked at my room.  Both of their eyeballs looked to be the size of golf balls and ready to pop out at any moment.  "What happened in here?"

I shrugged nonchalantly and made my way to the door, being careful to avoid the shattered glass on the floor.  Looking at the broken glass reminded me of my broken heart.  

Harry.  Was he thinking of me right now?  I hope he was.  Wait, no, that would be selfish of me.  I hope he isn't thinking of me, that way, this whole break-up would be ten times easier.  Okay, not really but I hoped that Harry was in a better condition than I was in.

"Josie!" my father's loud voice boomed down the hallway.  Josh, Piper, and I quickly made our way to wherever my father was.  We were once again led to the business meeting room, or as I liked to call it, the room of doom.

"Yes father?" I asked icily as I stepped inside the business room.  He looked up from a teen magazine he was reading and showed me the cover article.  It read:

"Hasie break-up rumor or not?"

"We need to discuss this," he said placing his oversized glasses on the perch of his nose.  He folded his hands on top of the table and leaned forward.  "You and Drake must go on a date today and make sure you answer paparazzi questions about you and Harry.  You are to tell them that Harry has dumped you and that you are now with Drake.  Understood?"

"But that's not fair!  Harry didn't dump me!  I dumped him...or you made me dump him!" I accused narrowing my eyes at him.

"Doesn't matter.  I've already discussed this with One Direction's manager and they have agreed with me on this issue."  Wow.  Doesn't surprise me.  He probably threatened to strip the band members of their nationality or something to get their manager to agree to messing up Harry's appearance.  

I turned around without answering him and made my way down the long hallway.  A flash of black hair warned me of his presence but before I could turn around Drake was in front of me.  

"Hello Drake," I said with a fake smile plastered on my face.

"Josie, I'm not going to make you go through with this if you don't want to," he said looking me in the eyes. 

"Well my dad is making me go through with it so I guess I have no choice," I answered evenly.  

He huffed and nodded his head.  "Ready to go then?"

"Sure," I said walking out the front door in sweats and hoodie.  Harry's hoodie to be exact.

***

I felt a flash from behind me and cringed.  Drake held his hand in mine and I couldn't help but feel awkward.  It didn't feel like Harry's hand, it felt so strange, so foreign.  I glanced at his face to see an uncomfortable expression on his face too.  

Maybe Drake didn't want this anymore than I did.  It was after all, my father who had set up this whole marriage thing; Drake had only saved me from marrying Devan or Dwayne or whatever his name was.  

Another flash from the right momentarily blindsided me.  Maybe we should head back to my hou- mansion.  Lying to people was never really my thing, and now I would be lying to the whole world.

"Josie, are you cheating on Harry?"

"Drasie is the new hottest couple!"

"What happened to Harry?"