Chapter 19

We were so dead.  As in D-E-A-D.  Dead.

I could feel it in my stomach as the limo drove us home.  

After eveybody got there pictures of Femi and Drake sucking face, my phone immediately lit up with a call from my father.  It was then that I had a revelation in my oh so messed up life: media travels way to fast these days.  Needless to say, somebody wasn't very happy and I was ordered home along with the rest of the gang.

Femi and Drake were sat next to each other, twitching every couple of seconds as if they couldn't keep their hands off of each other.  Which was fine by me, as long as they didn't tear each other's clothes off right before my innocent eyes.

Harry was sitting next to me fidgetting nervously.  I had begged him to come home with me because I didn't think I could take my father's wrath alone.  He was obviously scared of the man even though he belonged to the biggest boy band in the world and could quite possibly have more power than him.  Actually, I don't think he did.

Our hands were intwined when the limo stopped in front of our mansion.  Drake stepped out first, which was very brave of him considering he was probably the one my father wanted to kill.  Femi followed meekly behind him with Harry on her heel.  I stepped out last and made sure to keep my expression calm.  This was my second chance I believed. My chance to make things right.

"How can you even show up with that vermin after all that has happened?" my father was right in front of me but glaring accusingly at Harry.  

"Don't talk to him like that!" I exclaimed gripping Harry's hand tighter.  

"Why can't you leave the boy alone and follow orders like the rest of the royal family?" he ignored me and continued with his rant.  "I mean, I don't keep you under guard for a day and this is what you do? You have nearly ruined our families image!"

"I'm not the one who should be accused of betraying the marraige!" I said pointing a finger towards Drake and Femi.  I shot them an apologetic glance as my father turned his anger toward them.  

"As for you two, I can only imagine the punishment awaiting.  Our media specialist are working very hard to keep up our image as well as yours.  Besides, we wouldn't want to involve ourselves with Egypt again.  We did once back in the 1800's..." My father trailed off deep in thought for a second before focusing on us again.

"And Josie, I told you once, and I'm disappointed in you that I have to say it again, but you are forbidden to see Harry.  Is that clear?"

I jutted out my chin stubbornly and stared straight back into my father's steely gaze.  "No. I'm not leaving him again.  Ever."

"And what makes you think I'll allow that?" he challenged after a moment of surprise.

"Because I love him." 

My father looked taken aback while Drake and Femi were smiling at me from behind his back.  "Ther-There is no such thing as love!" he sputtered angrily.  I knew he would reply with this. The arranged marraiges of my family had been going on since King Louis whatever number had six wives and killed five of them.  Since then, they decided that arranged marriages would work better.  

"I know there's no love between you and any other woman on this Earth.  But me and Harry have something special." I immediately regret what I said after I saw the look on his face.  I decided to try a sweeter approach.  "Please give us a chance dad. Please." I gazed at him with my puppy dog eyes as best I could.

"Oh alright." he muttered rubbing his head.  "I'll go tell the media specialist, but don't expect me to warm up so quickly to you," he glared at Harry for a moment before turning to leave.

A beat of silence followed after his footsteps faded.

'Does that mean...?" Femi asked looking at Drake.  He answered by pressing his lips to hers.  Ew. Not a big fan of public display of affection. 

"Guess this means Hasie is back?" Harry joked.

"Hasie is definetely back," I said before standing on my tip toes to press my lips to his.

*****

"Celebrate good times, come on!" Louis sang in a pitch one octave higher than usual.  Niall joined in as they clinked beers and quickly emptied their bottles.

"Isn't this celebration party for you two?" Liam asked Harry and I.

"Yeah."

"Then why are those two the ones getting drunk?"

"No idea," I said frowning as Louis picked up another beer from the cooler.  At least he wasn't a light weight.

Piper and Josh, after hearing the news of our re-getting together had decided to throw a party.  Of course, my dad objected but he was on a business trip to some tiny European country so he had little say.  My mom was out shopping and relaxing for once in her life so she approved of the party too.  

Drake and Femi had gone back to Egypt yesterday, much to my protest.  They had to go seal a business deal though, and the deadline was coming up.  

My eyes scanned the room once more and I smiled as hordes of people I didn't know as well as lesser known celebrities made their way inside my house.  I didn't know any of these people and that's what I liked about it.  It felt like I was finally living the life of a normal teenager.  Other than the fact that I was a world-known princess and that my boyfriend was Harry Styles of course.  But other than that, everything tonight felt like what my high school life should be like.

"Wanna dance?" Harry asked sending shivers, the good kind of course, down my back.

I wordlessly pulled him to the dance floor installed in our basement as we jammed to the latest tunes.  

Suddenly, somebody grabbed my arm and pulled me against them, grinding against my back.  I made a face and struggled to get out of the grip of the strange boy humping me.  And as quickly as he had grabbed me, the boy's grip on me loosened as he fell to the ground.

Harry stood there deadly calm but with a malicious glint in his eye.  

"How dare he just steal you away like that," he hissed taking a step forward.  I looked around but nobody seemed to notice our little scene.  I took one more look at Harry's face and burst out into laughter.  

Harry glanced at me with a raised eyebrow, as if to ask Has she finally gone off the deep end? And maybe I have.  Just a little bit.  But the situation was so cliche and what would happen in normal people's lives that I found it a bit...odd.  To be happening to me that is.

"It's nothing," I said with a wave of my hand.  "Let's just go dance."

"Are you sure?" Harry asked staring at the boy on the ground.

"Yes," I said with a roll of my eyes. I grabbed his hand as we once again made it to the center of the room.  Spotlights flashed across us and one landed directly over us.  "Pipers keep piping and get this party going!"

"You are so weird," Harry said grinning down at me with that prominent dimple on his cheek.

"But you love me for it," I teased.

"I might have to rethink that..." he trailed off.  I slapped his chest and then frowned as I realized how girly that was.  So instead, I took my fist back and punched him in the stomach.

"You might want to rethink what?" I asked in a sugary sweet voice.

"Nothing," he wheezed, "just that I love you darling,"

"That's what I thought," I smiled at him before he lowered his head to meet our lips.  And all those fairytales and stories are true I guess.  Because I could tell you firsthand that I saw fireworks when our lips met.