Chapter 15

My mind was incapable of forming words as my mouth opened and closed like a fish.  This was so not happening to me!  What kind of fresh sorcery was this? I think I gaped at Dwayne for a good two minutes before a little smirk that appeared on his face snapped me out of it.

"I'm looking pretty sharp huh princess?  Did I take your breath away?  Made you pretty speechless too huh?" Dwayne asked in a high pitched snobbish voice that suited him very well.

"Dad!" I screeched staring in disbelief at him, "I have a boyfriend you know!" My father just ignored me, whispering something to a person standing next to him that I couldn't see.  I tried again.

"Father! I refuse to marry this dweeb.  There is nothing you can do to force me to say those vows!" 

My father smiled sadly at me before returning to his conversation.  I gave Piper a pleading look.  

"Your honor, I'm sure there's another way to approach this situation," she said in a tightly controlled voice.  Nobody paid attention to here as the people in business suits started to strike up conversations about this marriage being a good prospect.

Well let me show them who was boss.  There was going to be no marriage.  My hands slipped into my pocket as I tried to sneak out of the room to call Harry.  We could run off together, like in all those cheesy romance movies.  

My plan probably would've worked if it weren't for a guard who grabbed me by my arms and lifted me into the air, effectively keeping me from leaving the meeting.  Guess it's time for plan B.

"Let me go you dickhead!" I shouted as I brought my knee forward and thrust my foot backward kicking the guard where it counts.  I have to say, how quickly the guard dropped me pleased me in a bad way.  I'm guessing I'll have to apologize to him later.  

My father stared at me in disbelief as I made a beeline for the door.  I snickered at his expression which was a mixture of anger and shock.  Then I saw something beside my dad that made me nearly trip over my feet as I was running to the door.  Or maybe I should say someone.

Drake was beside him, staring at me with his mouth hanging open looking like the fool he is.

I stopped in my sprint for a moment to give him a confused look.  Why was he here? That was bad move on my part as guards began to surround me.  I sighed inwardly, knowing I was probably going to face some consequences later, but all I really wanted to right now was to call Harry and have him comfort me, telling me everything was going to be okay.  But that would have to come later.

A hand grabbed my shoulder and I turned a quick 360 and karate chopped down on the guy's collar bone, making sure to add in a kick to the stomach for good measure.  As two more guards charged me, I concentrated on their necks for a moment before I shot out both hands and dug my fingernails into the pressure points to the side of their neck.  Their faces were priceless as they slide to the floor paralyzed -- no worries, they'd regain their ability to move in a few minutes.

I looked around and realized Josh and Piper who were helping me fend off the guards.  Josh made a quick movement with his hand toward the door, indicating for me to make a break for it.  I glanced at the rest of the room and all those fancy pancy business men who looked upon the scene with a condescending expression.  God their such spoiled brats.

Just as I was about to reach the door however, a felt a prick in my right arm and slid down to the ground like a raindrop.

***

 My eyelids were so heavy and I didn't wake up but there was this persistent prodding on my arm.  Finally I blinked my eyes open and the first thing I saw was sadly, not Harry's face.  But when Drake's face registered in my mind, I bolt upright, ready to tell him off.