Devastating Love [Vrene story]

By winters_rain10

"If that's the only way that I could have her, I would lock her inside forever." "Our love is devastating all... More

Foreword
Chapter 1 - Burying our real feelings
Chapter 2 - Their very first meeting
Chapter 3 - An Offer
Chapter 4 - The contract
Chapter 5 - When our heart first beat for one another
Chapter 6 - The first outburst
Chapter 7 - The Inevitable Wedding
Chapter 8 - Love Letter
Chapter 9 - A Step into the Past
Chapter 10 - A Step into Your Past
Chapter 11 - A Step Into the Magic Shop
Chapter 12 - A Step into your heart
Chapter 14 - The heartbreaking pasts
Chapter 15 - Memory Lane
Chapter 16 - Calm before the storm
Chapter 17 - Vulnerable Us
Chapter 18 - A Closure
Chapter 19 - The Truth
Chapter 20 - Ephemeral Separation

Chapter 13 - It's only a fake love

702 28 1
By winters_rain10

~ Devastating Love ~ Chapter 13~

"I was just growing a flower can't be bloomed, dreaming a dream that can never come true..."

"Kim Taehyung, what's with all the bruises, were you fighting again?"

His heart skipped to a beat the moment he heard the sweet, calming voice he missed over the month. The anguish frown on his face faded almost instantly. He was fighting with the urge inside not to pull the petite girl in his arms.

"Do you still care about me? Isn't it none of your concern anymore?" his voice was low and frail. "You didn't even reply to any of my texts," he got up from the bench and ever so slowly, he paced up to Joohyun through the thick snow.

"Today is the day..." Joohyun looked away, avoiding his tormenting eyes.

Pulling her into his embrace, he closed his weary eyes "don't...don't say it..." his voice was shaking, hands around her waist were trembling. The fact that he was dreading to face was bound to be revealed, the fear of losing her, his love. "Don't say what you don't mean."

Closing her eyes, she bit her quivering lips, painfully "You're not the right person for me. That's my answer, I'm sorry."

His face cringed in pain at the answer he feared most, "no, I don't believe you..." he pulled away from her and held tightly on her shoulders "that's not the truth, what happened? Why is the sudden change, did Jennie said something to you? I know you do have feelings for me, isn't it?" his cold hands reached out to her face but was harshly pushed away by Joohyun.

Hardening her aching heart, she scowled "I didn't want to hurt you but since you're asking for the hard way," she looked up to him, emotionlessly "Just like what we had promised one another in the beginning, we would part way after the graduation. It's over, it's ended. You get it?"

"I can feel that you love me too..."

Joohyun cut him off, a glint of dark in her malevolent eyes, "you mean the feeling you got from the kiss and intimacy that we shared?" she snorted, crossing her arms over her chest "I never thought you would be this innocent, it's just a kiss. It meant nothing to me, I could do it with anyone."

Taehyung shook his head, biting on his lower lip. His fists tightened so hard that the knuckles were turning white, "you're lying, the Bae Joohyun I know it's not even a tiny bit like that."

A mocking smile escaped from her lips, "you're more naïve than what I expected you to be. True, I did show you some love. I did 'pretend' to look like I love you. But that's because you might be the heir of YJ Group." taking a seat on the bench, she continued "if you're to write your own future without stepping foot into the group, then you're just nothing."

"What about the promise of not leaving me?" tear entered his eyes as the promises they shared during the trip replayed in his mind. He was gasping in pain.

"If I never say that, would you even give me your trust, would you fall for me?"

"What about this?" he grabbed hold on her arms and yanked her up with a strong strength. Holding on the necklace clasped around her neck, he asked "why are you still wearing it?"

"Taehyung-ssi, it's a platinum necklace..." she removed it and shoved it into his hand "I'll return this back to you if it could end things smoothly. It's all a lie, take it as a trip I've brought you to visit a dream that let you experienced love. When you get up tomorrow, everything will be fine."

He laughed miserably, a tear dropped from his eyes of sorrow. "Well done Bae Joohyun, you've done so well. I bet my mother had given you a bunch of money to change me."

"Indeed, that's the reason why I have to put up with you even when you're such a nuisance," she admitted as if what she had said was not torturous enough.

Pulling his necklace hardly, he threw both of it towards the direction of the tree behind the bench. "Thank you for this game of love, it has engraved in my heart. I'll never forget this experience."

That was the last spiteful words Taehyung had said to Joohyun before walking away from her, stepping out from her life, completely.

-

Everyone was searching high and low for Taehyung and Joohyun after receiving their scrolls. When Seungwan found Joohyun at the benches area, she was frightened by her condition. The pale violinist was kneeling on the snowy floor digging and pushing on the snow in searching for something.

"Stop it, your hands are freezing already," Seungwan held onto her hands but the frail girl shoved her off effortlessly. "What are you looking for? It's snowing and it's getting heavier already."

When she attempted to stop her again, Joohyun finally found the shimmering necklaces, laid in the icy snow. She was holding onto it tightly, bringing up to her heart weeping, painfully. Seungwan removed her winter jacket and draped it around the shivering girl. The last time she has seen her best friend in such sobbing mess and pain was when Joohyun's first love left. She wasn't sure what has happened to her this time but her instinct is telling her that the pain Joohyun is experiencing, is way worse than the previous time.

"What happened? Joohyun-ah, you don't scare me..." Seungwan wrapped her arm around her trembling shoulders.

Joohyun's only response was shaking her head continuously, choking with her sobs along the way "everything has ended before it could even start...it's over..."

Seungwan hugged her tightly, letting the snow hits on them.

-

Jimin arrived at YJ Hotel in the speed of light the moment he received Taehyung's call. He knew his buddy was in trouble just by listening his voice. Running towards the room number Taehyung gave him, he saw a girl came out from the room. Her dress was in a mess and he could see finger marks on her wrists before she could put on her large jacket. Storming into the room immediately, Jimin was petrified by the mess on the bed. He scanned through the room in searching for Taehyung. He was sitting on the carpeted floor, back against the wall, lifelessly.

"Taehyung...you're bleeding." Jimin rushed up to his friend and covered his top naked body with the white bathrobe. "Tell me what happened, what did you do to that girl? you're worrying me..."

Taehyung laughed, bitterly "Do you know how I feel? It feels good to punish her on bed, it made me feel better. It was like I'm punishing Bae Joohyun." he turned to Jimin, an unkind smile on his face "when I see this blood, I felt even better." Taehyung brought up his hand watching the blood gradually dripped down to his wrist.

"Why would you want to punish Joohyun?" Jimin grabbed his hand and clean up his wound with a clean towel before getting the first aid kit. "Did you guys fight?"

Taehyung shook his head, emotionlessly "no...it will not happen anymore."

"You must have made her angry again..." Jimin's heart dropped when he felt a droplet of tear fell on his hand that was fixing the bandage on Taehyung. He looked up at his buddy before him. Taehyung was crying again, the tears escaped his eyes, endlessly. He looked broken and it reminded him of the 15 years old Taehyung.

♫♪♫

For you,

I could pretend like I was happy when I was sad

For you,

I could pretend like I was strong when I was hurt

♫♪♫

"She said it was all a lie, all the things she did it's just to deceive me, to make me fall for her." Taehyung brought up his arms and buried his head in it. "It was only an act, she doesn't love me, not even a bit."

"Joohyun is not that kind of a person, why would she do that?"

♫♪♫

I wish love was perfect as love itself

I wish all my weaknesses could be hidden

♫♪♫

"Because I'm one of the heirs of YJ Group...Jimin-ah, I love her, I love her very much, do you know that?" Taehyung fell on Jimin's arms. He rested his head on the latter shoulder, sobbing hysterically. "She was the first person who made me feel loved, make me understand what love means and how beautiful it could be. Why must it be a lie?"

♫♪♫

I grew a flower that can't be bloomed

In a dream that can't come true

♫♪♫

Running his hand on Taehyung's back, Jimin tried to offer any sort of comfort he could to the damaged boy as he listened to his cries. "I knew I don't deserve any love but I thought god was kind to me this time...was it because of my weakness, my dark past? Because of these, I was not good enough for her. All this while, I was just growing a flower that can't be bloomed, dreaming a dream that can never come true."

"There must be a misunderstand, talk to her again..."

♫♪♫

I'm so sick of this

Fake love Fake love Fake love

I'm so sorry but it's

Fake love Fake love Fake love

♫♪♫

"No... don't, I can't take it anymore..." Taehyung begged his friend as he lowered his head, "I should have known I don't deserve her, I shouldn't have fallen for her to save myself from all this pain. I swear, I won't search for love, anymore..."

-Autumn, 2018-

"Because I want you to feel the same pain that I have. This is your punishment for the decision you made 7 years ago, for deceiving me," another tear fell from his eye landed on her face. Taehyung got up from the couch, intending to leave but Joohyun's sudden reminder halted him.

"Why are you making things so much harder than it already was?" Joohyun muttered as she propped herself up from the couch with her elbow. "Remember the rules you had set? There shouldn't be any emotions involved, only intimacy and physical connections."

He whirled around, fury "oh yes, a whore like you was meant to pleasure me physically only." Walking up to her in haste, he held on her wrist and yanked her up "is that what you mean?"

She gulped at his menacing tone, "that's what we are supposed to be in these 2 years, wasn't it?"

"Great!" he hissed while pulling her towards the dining table.

Taehyung swept down all the porcelain items on the table before pushing her on it. He forced her to bend over on her stomach while unbuckling his belt, the sound of the shattering plates made her shivered even more but it didn't stop him. Holding firmly on her neck, he could feel she was tremoring in fear. He knew his actions were frightening her but he couldn't stop himself. The monster in him was unleashed by this woman beneath him once again.

"N-ot here, T-t-aehyung..." her voice was quivering, "p-lease, not here."

"Does it matter to you? You're just something to pleasure me, remember. You reminded me that time and again!" he grabbed on the hem of her floral chiffon dress and pulled it up. She could feel chill running up her bottom and she squirmed the moment a smack landed on it. "You asked for this, slut!" he shoved his long finger roughly between her folds causing her shrieked at the sudden contact below her.

Joohyun held tightly on the edge of the table when he widened the gap between her foot with his heel, she knew what was coming. Without much warning, he pushed his length in her forcefully and the tears that she was holding back escaped her eyes. She could feel the pain but she wasn't sure was it the ruthless force he's using on her physically or his cold-heart that hurts her more.

"Ahhh...T-aehyung...s-t-op..." she barely got to speak coherently through her moaning mess.

He leaned in against her back and whispered, "you sure that's what you want? That sweet sound you're making now it's contradicting you, Joohyun."

"It hurts..." tears welled up in her eyes.

He smirked, heartlessly "was it? but it gives me great pleasure."

Pulling her up roughly, he pushed her on the wall before crashing his lips on hers without letting any of them to catch a breath. She could feel how fast his tongue immediately sought hers, his hold on the back of her head hardened, picking up his speed remorsefully. Moans and groans filled the doleful house that shared by the ill-stared lovers. In spite of each and every action of theirs were slowly killing them inside, neither of them dare to take a step further to stop this tormenting pain. They continued to hurt and damage each other despite the love they buried deep inside is surging up.

When he got up the next day, his arms were still wrapping firmly around the fragile damaged woman. He knew she was controlling herself not to be in tears but her shaking body failed her. Brushing off her messed up hair that was sticking on her face, he checked on her mildly. Only then, he noticed all the faint red marks that covered on her collarbone, his fingers marks were evident on her small wrists. He remembered how much strength and force he had used on her.

Getting out from the bed, he intended to prepare something for her but her sudden strong and firm arms enveloped around his waist stopped him. He looked at her over his shoulder, confused. "Stop complicate things even more, can't we live normally till the contract ends? You're making me break the rules and violate the terms in the agreement...I can't risk my father's company," she wept, her hands were trembling around his waist.

Closing his eyes wearily, his heart wrenched every time he sighted the bruises on her fair body. He wasn't sure what she meant by violating the terms. All this while she had been adhering to all of it unless, she's falling for him. "What are you violating..." he asked timidly, despite knowing he's endangering himself to be hurt again. Even so, he still wanted to ask.

"I..." her lips were quivering, tears never stop falling from her eyes.

"Stay here," he unclasped her arms around him and walked into the bathroom.

Slamming his tightened fist on the vanity before looking up to the huge mirror, he stared into his own reflection; the side of him that he hated the most. "You lose it again!!!"

Joohyun was staring blankly on the off-white ceiling whilst lying motionlessly on the bed that filled with their sinful acts. A tear dripped down her pale face again the moment she recalled Taehyung's wounding words. Suddenly, Taehyung lifted her into his arms and headed towards the bathroom. She squirmed in his arms as she was oblivious that he has came out from the bathroom, already dressed in tee and sweatpants.

"Put me down," she whispered after circling her arms around his neck in fear.

"Shh..." he hushed her and stepped into the spacious bathroom. Placing her into the bathtub, he noticed she was avoiding to share any eye contact with him.

The warm water somehow eased her pain but with him eyeing at her closely, it made her blushed heavily. Her heart was racing, pounding hardly against her chest, it worsened when he had one knee on the marbled floor closing in their gap. Gazing at her red and puffy eyes, he was fighting inside whether to continue being harsh to her or to let go of his pride and bury her in his arms.

"Feel better?" he caressed on her rosy cheek without looking into her eyes.

"You don't have to stay here, I can do it myself..."

"Do you like it when you see me so desperate?"

"Oppa..."

"I miss this voice," he pecked on her lips then gently nibbling on her jawline down to her neck. "You'll come with me for my next business trip in London."

"But I...ahhh..." a moan escaped her lips when she felt his fingers. "Tae...hyung-ssi..." her head fell back giving him more access to her neck.

He smirked at her reaction, "you won't want me to do more, be a good girl and say yes."

"O-okay...I'll go..." she begged with her breathy voice, her hand holding on his in the water.

He pulled away and stared into her eyes. Defying his cold-hearted heart, he inched in and placed his lips on hers. "You're mine, remember that," he murmured.

-

"Where are you going?" Taehyung held on her wrist stopping her from leaving the room.

Joohyun's grip on her sling bag tightened, "Uncle Kim has arranged for a family dinner, appa insisted for me to join this time."

"It's still early, we can go together," Taehyung's hand loosened but still not letting go.

"Of course, we can't" she said, nervously. "You're supposed to be there with your wife. We can't be seen together."

"We can go in separately, no one would notice."

"No, we can't. After all, Baekhyun oppa will be picking me at my dorm later. I need to go back to the dorm before it looks suspicious."

He sighed, resting his hand on her shoulder whilst holding on her nape "wouldn't it be troublesome?"

Pushing him seated on the edge of the bed, she said "we'll be in trouble if our family find out about us. See you later..."

Just when she was about to turn and leave, he pulled her back and made her sit on his lap, arm securely wrapped around her waist. She was surprised by his sudden move. Her nose tip brushed on his, they were only separated by an inch gap.

Caressing on her cheek, he teased "if you're leaving just like that, then you're not going anywhere."

Trying her best to lean back so that she could keep a safe distance with him, his hand on her waist tightened again. "What do you want?" she stuttered.

"What do you think?" he eyed on her lips before looking up to her eyes again.

She bit on her upper lip, "I..."

He pinched on her lips, "are your lips that chewable that you have to always bite it?"

She shook her head, "will you let me go after I give you something?"

"Well..." he brushed the strand of hair to her back and said "we'll see..."

She cut him off with a long peck on his lips. Her eyes were shut tightly. Before he could say another word, she had run towards the exit and left the room. A wide smile formed on his face without his realization.

The Bae family arrived early at the barbeque restaurant. Bae Seung Hoon was all prepared since morning and began to irritate everyone in the house, ensuring they are in their best shape to meet his best friend. Joohyun was lectured by Bae Seung Hoon throughout the journey from her dorm to the restaurant for being late. When she arrived at her dorm, she saw her brother's car was already waiting for her in front of the security guard house. She ran all the way to the back door to enter the apartment building and almost broke her long-kept secret.

"Yeobo, can you just calm down," Seung Hoon's wife, Kim Yoon Mi finally voiced out. She was frustrated by her husband. "This is not your first time meeting Kim Young Jae, so why are you pressuring everyone here? It's just a casual dinner."

"We have not met for so many months and this is the first time for everyone to be here," Bae Seung Hoon tried to reason with his wife.

"Luckily Kim Young Jae is not a woman, you would really divorce me for him," Kim Yoon Mi folded her arms before her chest.

"Appa...omma is jealous," Baekhyun teased his parents as he filled the glasses of water. Joohyun can't help but chuckled on the jokes her brother made. "Joohyun-ah, you looked so much better now. Are you that happy living alone?" Baekhyun turned to his sister and shared a brief conversation.

"Do I looked that good?" her right hand raised to her face and before she could say another word, the vibration of her phone caught her attention, it was the text messages from Jin.

"They are here," Bae Seung Hoon got up from his seat and paced towards the entrance.

"Uncle Bae," Taehyung greeted with a bow and shared a brotherly hug with Baekhyun.

"This must be Taehyung's wife," Bae Seung Hoon smiled.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Jennie imnida. Nice to meet you." Jennie bowed.

"Appa, don't just talk at the doorway, let them settle down," Baekhyun said.

Noticing Joohyun's existence, Jennie walked up to the seat opposite her, intentionally keeping Taehyung away from sitting in front of her. Meanwhile, Joohyun was too immersed with her phone and was oblivious with the things Jennie was doing. Joohyun bowed to Mr and Mrs Kim who were seated opposite of her parents.

"Taehyung-ah, call your brother," Kim Young Jae ordered. "What's taking him so long, told him to be here by 8."

"Uncle Kim, Jin oppa will be here slight late. He's caught in the traffic," Joohyun interrupted before Taehyung respond to his father. "He told us to order first and not to wait for him."

"Aigoo...this son, he didn't even inform us but told Joohyun about it," Kim Young Jae laughed.

Min Hae Sook noticed Taehyung's change of expression and she wasn't happy with it. "Jin and Joohyun have always been very close with each other. It's normal that he would tell her instead of telling you," holding on her husband arm, she said "yeobo, you can't be jealous."

Catching on the teases from Kim Young Jae and Min Hae Sook, Bae Seung Hoon was interested with the topic they were talking. "Did I miss something? What about Joohyun and Jin?"

Joohyun definitely didn't like the limelight she's getting all of the sudden and to make things worse, Taehyung's darkened face wasn't something she can ignore. "Recently, Jin oppa had been working with us on the new orchestra performance. His meeting with our music instructor overran that's why he left later than usual." She tried diverting the topic.

"Seokjin oppa had always looked after Joohyun unnie even back in school days," Jennie joined the conversation.

"Oh, even Jennie know about it," Kim Young Jae was delighted.

"Since when were you close to hyung?" Taehyung turned to Jennie, his stern eye contact was intimidating Jennie.

Just then, Jin came into the private room, "I'm sorry for being late and keep you all waiting."

"You're finally here," Kim Young Jae frowned. "Come take a seat."

"I'll sit next to Hyun..." Jin removed his blazer and took the seat beside Joohyun. "Have you all ordered?"

"Now you don't even want to sit next to your father?"

"Appa...it's too troublesome to walk all the way to that seat."

"Alright, let's get started," Taehyung interrupted when the waiter came in to place the few servings of meat on the table. He could barely withstand the conversation they were having and it was evident to Joohyun who had been stealing glances at him every occasionally.

"Try this," Jin placed a small reddish pork cutlet on her plate, "this is marinated and this is the pork belly," he gently blew on the second piece of meat before letting her to try it.

"Jin oppa, you don't have to keep giving me I can help myself," she whispered, not wanting to attract more attention from the elders.

"My lovely dongsaeng," Baekhyun nudged on her arm, "you both are even more romantic than the pair of newly wed."

"Shut up," Joohyun said under her breath in irritation. She knew Taehyung too heard Baekhyun's teases and he's a ticking time bomb that would be exploding soon. True enough, within minutes, her phone buzzed and it was a message from the raging man who had just stepped out from the private room.

[Come out!]

-Taehyung-ie

A short and simple message made her shivered, she held on her phone and excused herself to the washroom. Scanning around the long hallway making sure no one is around, she searched for Taehyung but was nowhere to be seen. When she walked further down, she was pulled into the emergency exit area. Before she could scream for help, she was turned around and pinned on the wall, lips covered by a familiar large palm. Her eyes widened in shock to the man who is caging her with his bigger frame. He gradually withdrew his hand when he noticed she had calm down.

"What was that for?" she almost raised her voice, "you could have just let me know you're here and I..."

Not letting her to speak more, he grabbed hold on her chin and seized her upper lips and when she gasped, she could feel his tongue made its way into her, effortlessly. She was staring straight into his cold and peril eyes trying hard to decipher what's going on in his mind for him to behaved like this. After his long fierce kiss, Joohyun had a hard time catching her breath when Taehyung finally released her. She lowered her head avoiding his eye contact.

"Look at me..." his voice was low and when he received no response from her, he held on her chin tilting her head up to face him, "I told you to look at me."

"What do you want?" Joohyun asked. "Don't you know it's dangerous for us to meet like this, what if someone see us?"

"I don't like what I see."

They had been living together for some time and without him saying much, she somehow understand him. She wasn't sure if it was some kind of tacit understanding. However, his temperament is something she can't comprehend, she knew he was never good in managing his anger and temper but she never thought it would worsen so much.

"What do you expect me to do? Tell him off in front of everyone?"

"I don't want you to be near Jin hyung," his hold on her chin tightened at the mention of his brother's name. "You hear me loud and clear, so do what you need to," he released her and left without a word.

When Joohyun returned to her seat, she held on Baekhyun's arm "Oppa, I feel cold, could you switch place with me?"

"Yah, are you crazy?" Baekhyun responded with his usual carefree loud voice, "we are grilling meats and you tell me you're feeling cold?"

A smile crept on Taehyung's face as he never missed Joohyun rolling her eyes in annoyance when her brother attracted unnecessary attention. But his smile was replaced with a darkened one when Jin took his jacket and draped it around Joohyun's petite shoulders.

"Should I switch my place with you?" Jin offered.

"No worries Jin oppa," Joohyun returned his jacket to him and snatched the clipper and scissors from Baekhyun, "let me do it, I won't feel so cold if I grill the meat."

"This weirdo," Baekhyun gave up and moved to Joohyun's seat. "So, how have you been?" he turned to his buddy.

"Never been better," Jin smiled while watching Joohyun working on the meat.

"Can't you stop looking at my sis for a minute," Baekhyun whispered.

Jin chuckled at his friend's tease, "Yah...you're still so playful. I can't stand your mischievous."

"Don't think I know nothing about you coming back from US and joined Aunt Yoon Hwa's orchestra..."

"Be careful," Taehyung got up from his seat, worriedly and grabbed hold on Joohyun's right hand taking away the clipper from her. "Your hand almost touches the pan, let me do it. Why are you still so careless like a kid?"

Joohyun's eyes widened and immediately pulled her hand from him, "sorry..."

Jennie was watching both of them, she bit her inner cheek, irritated. Noticing the awkward atmosphere, Min Hae Sook said "I almost forgotten that Joohyun used to tutor Taehyung in high school."

"Really?" Kim Young Jae was surprised with the revelation, turning to Joohyun "so you were the one who changed this rascal during his senior year. He wasn't listening to any of us then and I was so amazed with his tutor then but didn't have the time to meet that tutor."

Joohyun had a small smile, "I was just doing my duty as a tutor."

"Well, she's indeed a diligent tutor. She had done a lot more than required to tame me then," Taehyung joined the conversation for the first time throughout the dinner, he was eyeing hardly at Joohyun.

Both Jin and Jennie too perceived the oblique remark made by Taehyung. They may not know the details between Taehyung and Joohyun but they were aware they used to have a history together and that made them even more uncomfortable. Throughout the remaining time of the dinner, only the elders were talking.

"I told you that this would be my treat, how could you get Taehyung pay it," Bae Seung Hoon complained as they walked towards the exit.

"This dinner was meant to celebrate your speedy recovery," Kim Young Jae said, "our next meeting, you have to pay for it, I'm checking out for the best fish in Korea, no running away for you."

"Appa, your chauffeur is here," Taehyung informed.

"Come, I'll send you home at least we can still talk on the way home." Kim Young Jae signaled his chauffeur to help Bae Seung Hoon before turning to Baekhyun and Joohyun, "I'll take care of your appa and eomma, don't worry."

"Thank you," both Baekhyun and Joohyun bowed, politely.

Jennie saw her car stopped before her, her heart fluttered when Taehyung went ahead and opened the car door for her. She turned to Joohyun over her shoulder and had a sly smile causing Joohyun looked away uncomfortably.

"Let's go," Jennie got into the car and waited for Taehyung to get in. Her brows furrowed when she saw him closed the door, instantly, she winded down the window "Aren't we going home together?"

Taehyung leaned in and whispered coldly "you're going back to your own house, alone." He gestured the chauffeur to leave.

"Are you sending my sister home?" Baekhyun elbowed Jin, creating a chance for them to spend more time together.

"I'll send her home," a sudden voice came from behind startled Baekhyun.

"Yah Kim Taehyung, I thought you left with your wife? You freaked me out!"

Staring straight at Joohyun, Taehyung shoved his hands into his pants pockets "I still have to attend to something and coincidently I would pass by her dorm area, I'll send her home." He placed his arm on her small back and led her to his car.

Holding on her wrist, Jin stopped Joohyun from following his brother, "I can send her..."

Joohyun could sense the tension in Jin's voice and the darkened face of the man beside her. She tapped on Jin's arm, gently "no worries, you're tired. I'll go with Taehyung."

Baekhyun and Taeyeon were left there dumbfounded. "Something is not right," Taeyeon voiced out. "don't you notice something is going on between the 3?"

"You think too much," Baekhyun escorted his wife to his car, "women's intuition may not be always right."

The journey back home was filled with dead silence and she wasn't sure if Taehyung was still upset with her. There were no emotions shown on his face as he drove with only his right hand while resting his left hand on the car door, holding on his tilted head. Back at home, before Joohyun could remove her heels, Taehyung pinned her on the wall, forcing her to look only at him.

"Could you at least tell me what you are upset about now?" Joohyun frowned.

"I don't like seeing Jin with you," Taehyung complained, sounded like an agitated little kid.

"What do you want me to do then I can't control him."

"You have to take care of it."

"Are you jealous?"

"Were you jealous when I opened the door for Jennie?"

Joohyun snickered "you must be kidding me."

"Have you packed for London trip?"

"Do I really have to go?" she pouted.

Snaking his hand under her dress, his hand made its way up to her smooth thigh. He nibbled on her neck "if I don't bring you along, no one is gonna take care of this?"

"Ahh..." she tilted her head to the back against the solid wall behind her, "there's nothing between me and Jin...ahh...s-top..."

He continued nibbling on her jawline, dropping small kisses on all her sensitive spots "I wish to trust you too, Joohyun. But there's no tools in this world that can really prove you not guilty."

A drop of tear escaped her eye, her heart was shattered once again by his vicious words. She regretted for not obeying his order and asked that question.

-

"You mean she just submitted her leave today?" Jin frowned to the speaker opposite the line.

"I guess so, that's what Mrs. Hwang said. Joohyun has to make a trip to London for her personal matters," Joy explained.

"That's weird. I'll be in soon, get the things ready before I come in, thanks." Jin ended the call in a haste as he made his way to the dining room.

"Good morning, appa." Jin greeted before taking a seat next to the man, "you're early today."

"Have to, your brother went oversea and can't chair the monthly meeting," Kim Young Jae said.

"Taehyung is not in the country?"

"Yes, Jimin finally got to arranged the meeting for him but he has to meet him in London, hence appa has to work."

"London?" Jin frowned while sipping his coffee. "This could not be coincidence." His heart raced at the thought of his wild guess.

-

London Symphony Orchestra

Joohyun spent almost an hour with LSO Leader of the first violins, Roman Simovic who have been with the orchestra for almost 20 years. She never thought she would have a chance to meet her favorite violinist. Walking around the exhibition hall, she recalled her conversation with Jimin earlier in the morning.

"Joohyun-ah..."

She was surprised to see Jimin stood at the hallway, before the doorstep of her master suite.

"You seemed to be disappointed that I'm not Taehyung," he chuckled upon seeing the blush on her face. "Anyway, I'm here to deliver this to you," he handed a pass to the latter.

"London Symphony Orchestra exhibition? How did you get this you may not even get it if you have money. You need to pre-book the ticket a year beforehand?"

"Kim Taehyung is not a nobody in this world," he answered. "He has reminded me time and again to ensure you get the exclusive pass and to meet your favorite violinist."

"But I can't converse in English."

"Translator will be there, that brat has done a lot for you."

"That's the reason why he insisted for me to come?" she mumbled.

"Judging from your red eyes and his bad temper, I guess something must have happened the night before we came. You know him best, I won't say much to defend that brat. Enjoy your time in LSO."

"Ms. Bae, this is the café I mentioned earlier," Roman handed the business card to Joohyun.

"Thank you, Mr. Simovic," Joohyun thanked the man with her not so fluent English.

During tea time, Joohyun went to the café recommended by the lead violinist. She's glad that she brought a book along, at least she could kill some time at the café while waiting for Taehyung to finish his work. An hour later, she almost finish reading her book and suddenly, Taehyung appeared out of nowhere whilst placing a jewelry box on the table before taking a seat opposite her.

"Your meeting ended already?"

He just shrugged, nonchalantly "open it..." he gestured at the box.

Taking hold of it, she opened the box and realized it was the necklace she saw at the street market earlier. "How did you know and did you get someone to follow me again?"

Taehyung took necklace out from the box and gestured her to lean forward with his finger. Clasping it on around her necklace, he smiled "It looks nice on you."

"Thank you," she smiled, happily while checking it using her phone.

"You're the cheapest woman I've ever met, just a simple necklace and I could have such a wide smile from you," he remarked.

"Mr. Kim, you don't remember exactly how much you have spent on me? I bet I'm the most expensive amongst all the women that had got on your bed."

He clenched his teeth, "should I bring you back to the hotel now so that it's worth for me to have used so much money on you?"

She immediately looked away while slapping on her pursed lips for talking too much. Just then, Taehyung paced up to her and pulled her up to leave the cafe. "Are you seriously going to bring me back to the hotel now?"

Taehyung wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him before whispering to her ear "is that what you wished?"

His hot breath made her flinched "Taehyung-ah..."

"Get in," he unlocked the Audi S5 Coupe and opened the door for Joohyun.

"Don't you need a driver? You know the way?"

"I've been here long enough to know my way," he closed the door before getting on the driver seat.

"Where are we going?" Joohyun looked out the window to the foreign surroundings.

"London Eye, you told Jimin right," his eyes were fixated on the road as he responded to her question.

Catching a glimpse on her watch, she said "the queue would be very long, I was just joking this morning. We don't have to go."

"Too late, we've arrived," he stopped the car and unbuckled his seatbelt.

Walking towards the ticketing booth, Joohyun noticed it was unexpectedly quiet and there was no queue at all. Follow closely behind of Taehyung, she noticed the ride keeper allowed them in without querying much.

"Taehyung-ssi, it's been quite some time since you last came" the English lady smiled. "And this lovely lady must be Ms. Bae, welcome to London Eye. This way please..."

"Taehyung-ssi," she pulled on his blazer from behind, stopping him from going further. He turned to her over his shoulder with a questioning look. "how much did you pay for this reservation? They closed off the ride specially for us?"

"Are you going to get in or not?"

Just then, her phone vibrated, it was a message from Jimin.

[Enjoy the ride, don't think too much.]

-Jimin

"Thank you very much for all the things you'd arranged for me," Joohyun bit her lower lip as she hands clenched on her chiffon skirt nervously, unsure how would Taehyung react to her.

"Jimin arranged it, he's just too nosy, as usual," Taehyung looked out from the glassed window, awkwardly not wanting to share any eye contact with the woman seated before him.

She knew he was lying, Jimin had told her this morning that it was his instruction. The time they had shared in the past may be a painful memory for her but she remembered very well, Taehyung was the first person she's ever told about her favorite violinist.

Noticing the grateful smile on her face, he shifted on his place uneasily "since this is a short trip and the time we spent on the plane is longer than we are in London, take it as a gift for you."

She lowered her head, "thanks a lot, I love this short span of time."

"Why do you like ferris wheel so much?"

"It's not that I like it but Aunt Yoon Hwa told me before, when we are the top of the ferris wheel and if we make a wish, our wish would come true," she said while staring still on his chest.

"What's your wish?"

She averted her eyes to his, "my aunt's health, I just want her to be healthy."

Holding on her face, he gently wiped off her tear with his thumb, "she's doing okay, you should have faith with her."

She forced out a smile "what about you, the earlier lady seems to know you pretty well. You've been here before a lot?"

"The ride keeper you met just now, she told me a story when I first came and the story resembles our relationship," he said while watching the sunset through the large window of the ferris wheel cart. "Some people scared of taking this ride because they fear of height, just like how some people afraid to fall in love. When the ride first started, we can't see any nice scenery and that's how love begin, as it goes higher we fall in love and watch each other's beauty sides. And when the rides reached the top, our love bloomed but as it goes downwards, when we witnessed our blemishes, the imperfection that's when crisis happens. This circle of life, not everyone could go through highs and lows with a specific person."

He paused for a second, lowering his head "doesn't that resemble us?"

Her nails dug into her palm as she forced herself to hold back her tears after listening to his story.

"I flee to London when we parted ways and the story she told me, reminds me a lot about our relationship," he looked up to her and noticed the crystal tear that ponding in her eyes. He never like Joohyun's tears as it made him weak, the same pain hit him again.

Brushing off the awkwardness, he said "Jimin told me that you'd agreed to appa's request to perform during our company annual dinner, you don't have to entertain him all the time, you know." He gazed at her when she had wipe off her tears, uneasily. "I don't wish to expose you to my family."

She looked up to him and recalled the meetup she had with Mr. Kim.

"Joohyun-ah, I'm intending to announce to public that Taehyung will be the acting president for 6 months and once he passed this period, I would retire and he would become the group's new president."

"Uncle Kim, why are you telling me this?"

"That silly boy loves your music very much, could you give him a congratulatory performance on that night?"

"Other occasion I may not agree to him but this time, I have to do it," she smiled, warmly.

Not understanding the ambiguity of her reply, he let it slide "we're at the top soon, don't forget your wish."

On the next morning, Joohyun and Jimin were waiting for Taehyung at the lobby. It took her a long time to mustered up her courage to finally asked her ex-classmate. "Did Taehyung spend a long time in London after our graduation?"

Jimin turned to her with surprise on his face, "basically he was rotting in London after you rejected him."

She rolled her eyes at his bluntness "I would appreciate if you say it in a more diplomatic way."

"Wae, you're going to deny how cruel you were to him?"

"I'm serious here, Park Jimin."

"I was telling the truth that he rots here. He hid in London for a long time before picking himself up to take up architecture and joined YJ Group after getting his license." Holding on her shoulder, he said "only you could heal him, he's a wrecked man..."

"Are you guys having a reunion or something?"

Both Joohyun and Jimin were too immersed into their conversation and didn't realized Taehyung came out from the elevator.

"Morning boss," Jimin smiled.

"Don't touch what's mine," Taehyung muttered as he placed his arm around his buddy's shoulder before grabbing hold on Joohyun's wrist and walked towards the exit.

Joohyun was surprised with him holding her hand in public, "Taehyung..." she turned to Jimin in fear.

Jimin gave her an 'okay' sign as if telling her it's safe for them to be like this. He shook his head at the sour remark his boss gave him.

-

Two weeks later, it was YJ Group annual dinner. Joohyun was having a final check on her instrument as she stepped out from her holding room, she bumped into Taehyung. His stern face made her heart palpitated.

"It's your big day, you should smile more. You should be happy that your hard work is recognized by your father," Joohyun sighed. "What's with that dark face?"

Turning the doorknob behind her, he pushed her into the room. Cornering her to the wall with both his arms pressed on the wall beside her shoulder, he murmured "you looked beautiful tonight."

Her eyes widened when he closed in and placed wet kisses along her bare shoulder, "but this dress is a little too revealing, Joohyun."

Making sure the door is locked, she pushed on his chest "I have something for you." She went to her bag and took a small box out. "Congratulations..."

Unwrapping the present, a smile crept on his face when he saw the purple bow tie. "Thank you for agreeing to the performance," he knew she was doing this for him.

Placing his arms around her small waist, he gradually drew her closer to him before pressing his lips on hers tenderly. His heart skipped to a beat when she began to respond to his advances, moving her lips in accordance to his. It didn't take long for the kiss to turned into hot and passionate.

Joohyun squirmed when she felt his hand on her thigh, "stop..." she pushed him away.

He rested his forehead on hers, "you need to be responsible for what you've done." His breathy voice made her legs weak.

"You need to entertain the guests," she reminded him.

Kissing on her lips one last time, he uttered "put on the bow tie for me."

-

"Our future President Kim is here," Hoseok and Jungkook chanted.

"Congrats bro," a tall and tanned man pulled Taehyung into a brotherly hug.

"Thanks, Namjoon hyung," Taehyung patted on the taller man's back.

"Look who we have here," Hoseok whistled, "the pretty flower of Seoul Performing Arts High is here, Bae Joohyun..."

"Annyeonghasaeyo," Joohyun bowed to her old friends.

"Joohyun-ie, good to see you again," Namjoon pulled her into a loose hug.

"I'm sure Namjoon-ie had a crush with Joohyun in the past," Hoseok said before chugging down the glass of hard liquor, "look at his ear, it turned red again. This always happens whenever he sees Joohyun."

"You better shut your mouth before you regret it later," Jungkook whispered to the playful man while looking at the raging Taehyung.

"How many did he had?" Taehyung queried, agitated.

"Five, I guess," Namjoon chuckled. "It's about time for us to have a reunion, we've not met for almost a decade."

"We can have that one day but for now this pretty flower has to get ready," Jin joined the group. "Hyun-ah, you need the singer who is collaborating with you. Jimin is waiting at the holding room already."

"See you guys later," Joohyun excused herself and flashed a warm smile at Taehyung before leaving with Jin.

Heading out from the main hall, they saw Jimin was standing by the corridor in a heated phone call. The conversation was so aggrieved that he didn't realized Jin and Joohyun were there. It was the first time for Joohyun to see Jimin this mad and upset. He was the one with most patience and self-restraint in the group, for him to be fuming with anger, it must be a huge problem.

"I don't give a damn on it, you get me another person or that's the end for our contract!" he ended the call while running his hand through his hair.

"You looked troubled, are you okay?" Joohyun asked.

"Oh Joohyun," Jimin turned around to meet her. His face was nervous and worried, he wasn't sure how he should break the news to the violinist. "I'm not even sure if you could still perform if you know who he is..." he babbled.

"Yah, what are you murmuring there," Jin laughed, "say it again..."

"Joohyun-ah, the original idol singer fell sick and we have a replacement here..."

"Mr. Park Jimin, I've told you we have a phone interview in a while, can we meet the violinist now?" a rather rude voice was heard.

When Joohyun met the owner of the voice, her face turned white completely. It wasn't the rude man that made her hands shook, but the familiar idol behind him that stopped her heartbeat.

"Manager hyung, it's alright..." the idol paused the very moment his eyes met hers, "Joohyun-ie..."

"I have to go, Jimin," Joohyun turned away and walked in a fast pace towards the lobby.

"Wait, Joohyun-ie..." the man held on her hand pulling her back, "how long are you going to avoid me, forever?"

"You said it yourself we shouldn't meet anymore, I'm just granting you your wish. Let go of my hand, now!!!" Joohyun swung his hand off hers. "I don't want to see you anymore!!!"

Running away from the person she despised without paying much attention to her surrounding, she bumped into the person she wasn't ready to face at that very minute.

"What's wrong, where are you heading to?" Taehyung held on to her trembling hands, concernedly. "Who's that guy?" he glared at the man who was nearing them.

"I'm sorry, I have to go..." Joohyun avoided his eyes.

"That's not very professional, what's wrong, look at me," Taehyung shook her.

Looking up to the man before him, the glistening tears that were threatening to fall had blurred her vision, "Please, let me go..."

"Taehyung-ah, let her go," Jimin tried to stop the singer from going further.

The moment Taehyung's hands loosened, Joohyun ran away from the mess. Taehyung's fury eyes never leave the taller man beside Jimin as he somehow knew who he was.

Presented by winter's rain

//It's only a fake love//

180720

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 342 68
what would i have done if i didn't know you? i'll just laugh over this sad feeling. i'm so happy that i can share this happiness with you. your sweet...
7.5K 306 27
??- aww...don't you all take care of me so much. ??- we know. ??- afterall we love you so much. ??- Aigoo..... I love you all too. ______________ ...
5.7K 538 41
This life, Is it meaningful?or is it cruel? ~~~ "We can't be together.." "What?..i can't lea...
45.9K 1.1K 30
This story is kinda the same as my other story Choose, but kinda different. ---------------------------------------------------- "Fine, choose, me o...