Right? --A Fourtris/Tris Pedr...

By olympus-writes

Forget Beatrice Prior. Here comes Tris Pedrad. She has a twin named Uriah and an older brother, Zeke. He is t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74

Chapter 41

921 17 10
By olympus-writes

The next morning...
Tobias threw up about every ten to twenty minutes last night. It was exhausting. I barely slept at all. He keeps wanting to leave, but I at least got him to stay the night.

The door opens and the doctor walks in. "I need to leave." "Four, " I say, not wanting to let her know his name. "I see. I mean, we would like you to stay, but we cannot keep you against your will, " she replies. Tobias smiles faintly. "But we can't provide caretaking at your home, " she adds. He frowns. "Would you?" The doctor asks, looking at me.

Tobias looks at me with pleading eyes. I can tell he hates it here. "Fine, but can I at least use a wheelchair to get him there?" She nods. "Tris," Tobias says quickly. That's my cue for the bucket. I give it to him and he throws up into it.

"You need a lot of liquids and medicines, " she informs me, handing me a bag of stuff. I nod. She helps me get him in a wheelchair and I set the bag in his lap. I have to get him back before he throws up again.

We get back to his apartment and I shift him into the bed, his body shivering. Sweat coats his forehead, but I cover him anyway. He's already asleep, but probably won't be for very long.

Who can sub in for me at work? I'm not sending Shauna away, she's gonna give birth soon. I can't ask Uri because he has a bunch of meetings this week. That leaves...damn it. It leaves Eric. Fuuuuck. I guess I'll just have to call and ask.

I walk out of his bedroom and close the door behind me.
Tris=bold. Eric=italic
What do you want, Pedrad?
I need you to fill in for me for my candor trip.
Why the hell would I do that? I have my own work.
Please. You can have my money for it and I'll do your work.
Again, why?
Plus fifty points.
100.
60.
80
65
75
70.
Deal. When I get back.
Fine. Thanks.
He hangs up.
At least I get to stay with Tobias. I walk back into the room and see Tobias with puke all over the front of his shirt. "I'm so sorry. Why didn't you call me in?" I say, walking over and helping pull his shirt over his head.

"I didn't want to bug you, " he says and looks down at his bare chest. "You know that I don't care. I care more about you, " I say, walking over and throwing it in his empty laundry basket. He's gonna have to wash everything.

"You feeling any better?" He shakes his head weakly. "You have to go get ready for candor, " he says barely louder than a whisper. I shake my head and sit down on the bed next to his feet. "I'm not going." He shakes his head. "But you want to, " he replies. "I would rather be here with you." I put a hand on his shin.

His body tenses and I immediately grab the bucket. I try not to focus on the sound of him spilling his guts into a bucket as I hold it right in front of his face. "Okay, " he says and I set it back next to his bed.

"What did Max say?" I shrug and look down. "I had three options: go on the trip, be fired, or find another leader to go. I already made a deal with another leader, " I say and he looks intrigued. "With who?" "Eric, " I reply. "He gets the money from the trip, I do his work, and I owe him seventy points." He frowns.

"That's not fair. Go tell him that you'll go, " he says with more energy. "No. I'm staying here." There's a knock on the door and I glance at Tobias before going to answer it.

The whole gang stands at the door with food. "We went to the hospital, but they said you left, so here we are," Marlene says with a forced smile. "Didn't sleep much?" Zeke asks and I shake my head. "Come in, " I say, letting them in.

We all walk into his room and see him barely awake. I didn't clean his bucket before, so I grab it and take it to the bathroom. When I come out, Tobias is already asleep. I smile a bit. It hurts the least for him when he sleeps.

"Here, " Uriah says, tossing me a burger. I catch it, trying to be as quiet as possible. "Thanks, " I reply. I hadn't eaten since dinner yesterday. We all walk out of Tobias' room and into the living room to talk so we don't wake him up.

"How's he doing?" Mar asks and I shrug. "Wakes up every ten to twenty minutes throwing up, constantly has a headache and stomach ache, and is always sweating and shivering at the same time." They all frown at me. "No wonder you haven't been sleeping. When are you leaving for candor?" Uriah asks. I shake my head.

"I got someone else to go, " I state simply. I literally just explained this. "Who?" "Eric." They all seem surprised. "I thought he hated you two," Lynn says and I nod. "He does. That's why we made a deal."

A few minutes later I hear movement from Tobias' room and run in, just in time to save him from throwing up all over himself again. I hear everyone file in behind me. Tobias finished and I go to wash it out in the bathroom while everyone else waits with him.

"You seem tense, " someone says from behind me. "You think?" I reply sarcastically. "Yeah, " Zeke answers. I take a deep breath and turn around with the bucket. He stands there, blocking the door. "Move, " I demand, trying to squeeze through one side, but he blocks me. "I have to get the medicine now get your dumb ass out of my way, " I say and shove him back.

I set the bucket back next to Tobias and I feel all eyes on me as I grab the bag with his medicines along with water. He takes it without argument and I leave the water on his nightstand.

"How you doing?" Marlene asks. "How do you think?" He replies sarcastically. "You could be worse, " she says, trying to humor him. "True." "What's up with you guys?" They shrug. "Nothing, " Zeke answers. Tobias struggles to sit more upright.

I hate seeing him not able to do anything. It's probably embarrassing for him too. Tobias hates sitting still. He still works in the control room, though. I don't understand that part.

"This is bullshit, " he says, flopping his head back. "Totally, " Uriah replies. "I can't do, like, anything for myself." We all sit in silence. I can tell Tobias really wants to hit someone or something, but he can't. "At least Tris is like your slave, " Lynn laughs. "But most of it is holding a puke bucket, " he replies with a small smile.
Two hours later..
I sit in the chair right next to Tobias with my Harry Potter book in my hands. Personally, I wish he had stayed in the hospital. He would probably get better medical attention, but he would be uncomfortable. I hate the hospital too. It makes me feel too dependent.

"What part are you on?" I hear Tobias croak. He doesn't usually wake up without throwing- my thought is interrupted by him gagging. I give him the bucket and he starts wretching. Not enough liquids.

It takes him a minute or two to actually stop. I give him his water and he drinks almost the whole thing. "Thanks," he says quietly. I nod. "I'm on page 394," I tease. He smiles at me. "Fine. I'm at the part when the trio returns to Hogwarts." His eyes stay intently focused on me.

"Why are you staring at me?" He smirks. Oh God, why would I ask that? "Because you're beautiful." He did not just quote The Fault in our Stars. "You didn't." "I did, " he replies keeping his smile. "Since when did you read it?" I question. "Since you mentioned you liked it and I wanted to be able to quote it."

He is so sweet. "The world is not a wish-granting factory, " I say. "Some infinities are bigger than other infinities." I love that one. "It's a metaphor, " I retort. "I fear oblivion." "Douchepants." He makes a fake hurt expression. I roll my eyes.

"That's why, " he says, quoting again. "I love you, " I reply and grab his weak hand. "I love you too." Both of us can't stop smiling, even though his is weak.

"Did you feel bad before capture the flag?" he looks at the foot of the bed. "I didn't want to ruin it for all of you." He felt bad and he still didn't tell us? I get why, but still. "Tobias, " I say quietly. "I just didn't want to worry you."

"I don't care. I care about you, not about a stupid game of capture the flag, " I retort, squeezing his hand really hard, trying to prove my point.

"Can you please eat something?" I ask, a sigh accompanying it. He shakes his head weakly. "Please. I'll get you a piece of cake." he shakes his head again. He lies one of his ears against the pillow and closes his eyes. I don't understand how he sweating and shivering at the same time.

I know he hates being pitied, but I can't help it. It sucks to be woken up every ten-twenty minutes, but it sucks more to be in pain and throwing up. I really hope he gets over this soon because he doesn't smell great and I'm not in the mood to clean him up.

My eyes droop closed as I lean my head on my shoulder. I'm exhausted. I really hope he feels better soon.

I jerk awake to the sound of my name being whispered quietly. I jump and immediately hold the bucket to him. He spills his guts once again. "I'm sorry, " he says as grab a rag to wipe his mouth. "You don't have anything to be sorry for, " I reply with a small smile. "How's your head?" I ask, sitting back down. "Eh." Way to be descriptive, Tobias.

"Stomach?" "Bad, " he replies really and he closes his eyes. "I'll get the medicine." I grab it from his bedside table and give him the pills along with his water. He swallows.

"Thank you, for doing all of this, for dealing with me." I smile a bit. "I don't deal with you," I reply. "I know you hate it there." I trace circles on the back of his hand with my thumb. "I love you, " I say. "I love you more, " he replies with a yawn. "I love you to infinity, " I reply. He is already asleep.

When he sleeps, his whole face relaxes and he looks so much younger. All the stress and tension has been removed. Sometimes he will just smile. At what? I don't know, but I like it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 2.4K 39
*This story is being edited for mistakes.* Tris (Six), Tobias (Four), Zeke, and Uriah are in the FBI working for the leader, Max. They are sent to Di...
10.5K 797 29
●●●●●【 T H E O T H E R P R I O R 】●●●●● Sixteen year old, Alivia Prior finally chooses her faction. But here's the news: she's Divergent, j...
21.3K 529 73
COMPLETED From the moment Zeke and Uriah Pedrad came home with him, she hated him. There wasn't a problem because he hated her too. Everyone was used...
22.1K 469 33
A Divergent fanficion In this fanfiction, Tris and Tobias meet in Abnegation. The basic plot of Divergent, Tris transferring to Dauntless and her and...