Not with a Fizzle, But with a...

By Sara_Reed

Christian Clark has made it his mission to stay away from Emerson Sinclair in the office of his company, Harv... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61 Part I
Chapter 61 Part II
Chapter 62
Chapter 63

Chapter 30

1K 13 0
By Sara_Reed

As we both dry off from a quick shower he says, "Your clothes from last time are here if you want. them. They're hanging in my closet."

I think we both get dressed in record time. And when he goes to open the door I gulp, he notices my hesitaton and cups my chin, "Baby it's just my mom. You've met her before."

I give him a sour look, "Yes, at work. As your secretary."

He brushes his nose against mine, "And she probably already assumed we were sleeping together. She kept questioning me about you. She even asked Jude and Matea about you. You have nothing to worry about. She'll probably sigh in relief when she realizes it is you."

I smirk, "You sure she won't be sighing in relief because she knows it's a woman coming out of your room and not a man?"

He smirks and chuckles, "I bet you're probably right. I guess I should have answered that question at the interview."

I nip at his jaw, "It's not too late."

His arms wrap around my waist and he kisses me gently, "It's going to be fine okay? I'll be right next to you."

I bury my face into his chest and he lifts me up off the ground, "Come on," he chuckles.

I feel him walking and opening the door, I squeal, "Christian put me down!"

He nuzzles my neck and shakes his head, "Nope."

As we pass through the living room he kisses my cheek and murmurs, "Just relax for me baby girl."

When we walk into the kitchen we're nose to nose and he kisses me gently as he sets me down, he gives me an, 'It's all okay,' look as he sets me down and then looks up with a fake surprised look on his face, "Uh good morning mom."

I turn to look at her and she smirks, "I knew it."

He rolls his eyes, "What are you doing here?"

"I came to peek at whatever you got Matea for her birthday...but apparently it's in your room."

His frowns, "Oh yeah. I got her some concert tickets she wanted. She doesn't know about them though."

"Well I don't know what to get her."

Christian smirks, "You always wait until last minute for her."

She shrugs and looks at me, "What does a nineteen year old girl want for her birthday?"

I frown, "Well...at that age I had everything...clothes are usually a good option. Maybe even a t-shirt for whatever band the tickets are for."

She nods, "That's a good idea...Hmmm...I'll have to get going. You know dinner is at six right?"

He nods, "Yes mom."

"And Matea is having her new boyfriend...Channing over."

Christian rolls his eyes, "Yeah...I've met him."

She smiles, "He's quite the charmer."

I smirk and shake my head, "I don't think Christian see's him in that light."

She glances at Christian who looks unhappy about it and says, "Well you better be nice to him. He's a good young man."

"Good my ass," he mutters.

I elbow him and he sighs, "I'll behave. Jude is coming right?"

"Yes, and he's bringing along his girlfriend Avery," she glances at me, "I'm quite impressed with that young lady. Honestly I've heard some not so good things about her, but she has a good attitude."

I nod, "Avery is full of surprises, and honestly...I'm surprised she gets along with Jude."

"Me too," Christian frowns, "And who else?"

"Well Victoria of course and I invited Will because Matea misses having him around."

Christian gulps and glances down at me as his mother turns to pick up her purse, "Well Em and I will be there at six mom."

She turns and smiles as I nudge Christian, "Oh good. I'll see you both then."

She walks out of the kitchen and I narrow my eyes at Christian who smirks as he nuzzles my neck, "I want my girl there."

"Your girl huh?"

He looks down at me and cups my chin, "My girl. I hope." 

I gulp, "It depends on what you mean by that I suppose."

He strokes my cheek and brushes his nose against mine, "That you're mine and no one elses."

I cup his cheek, "Are you still going to take me into the playroom this weekend?"

He nods slowly, almost warily, "I will if you want me to, but it's not happening today. Not before dinner at my parents house. You'd be too exhausted."

I bite my lip and nod slowly as I say, "And what happens after Sunday if I say no?"

He gulps and cups my face in both of his hands, "I don't know Em, and I really hope I don't have to find out. I want you to be mine."

"What you want is complete control over me?"

He frowns and swallows deeply, "Yes." 

"I need to see the contract."

His eyes widen, "What?"

I narrow my eyes, "You heard me. I want to see it Christian. I'm never going to have an answer if I don't know what you really expect. And reading that contract is the only way I'm ever going to know."

He leans down and kisses me gently before saying, "I'm going to make us breakfast. Then we can over the contract."

"Can I at least look at it?" I ask as he walks over to the fridge.

He looks frozen as he looks over at me, "It's in the top drawer of my desk." 

I'm reading it at the kitchen table when he brings in our plates. He sits down across from me with a frown, as I look up at him.

"Control over what I eat?"

He sighs and runs his hands through his hair and looks pained as he says, "A lot of my submissives have had food issues. It's a precaution."

I narrow my eyes and then say, "Okay...then why the control what they wear?"

He smirks, "Dressing up can be fun in the playroom. Take your idea for your school uniform."

My eyes widen and he reaches over for the contract, "After breakfast."

I pout as he pulls it away and I say, "Can't I at least ask questions?"

He sets it to the side and says, "If you must." 

***Christian***

All through breakfast she asked questions and I answered to the best of my ability. But I knew after so long what she really wanted to know, wanted to understand was why? 

I run my hands down her sides as she sits between my legs, her head on my chest. She sighs and I say, "All out of questions huh?"

She shrugs, "No, but asking them doesn't help. Plus I'm tired."

She let's out a yawn and I kiss the top of her head, "Well we have a while before lunch still. How about you take a nap and I call Mr. Brown back?"

"I took care of that meeting last night. I told him you were sick."

I bend my head down and look at the side of her face, "You did that for me?"

She nods glancing at me, "Yep."

I kiss her cheek and nuzzle her neck, "Thank you baby." 

"I have one more question," she murmurs.

"What is it baby?"

She gulps and turns around in my lap, laying her chin on my chest and looking up at me, she rests her elbows at my sides as she sits up to talk, "What happens if I sign the contract and you decide you don't want me as your sub again for another six months? What about working together?"

I cup her cheek for a moment before wrapping my arms around her waist and pulling her right into my lap, kissing her neck and cheeks until she's giggling. Finally I let her breathe and I stroke her cheek, "I don't know Em. I'm as lost as you are. But I would never hurt you, and I wouldn't fire you. I might give you a better job though."

She shakes her head, "I don't want a better job. I like working with you."

I give her a hint of a smile and kiss her gently, "You have no idea how happy that makes me to hear that."

She brushes her nose against mine and then kisses my jaw, "Good."

I cup her chin, "Nap for you now okay?"

She nods and lays her head on my chest, "Oh and Mr. Brown said he'd be expecting your call on Monday morning."

She snuggles into me as I sigh and murmur, "Thank you."

After a few moments I say, "Can I ask you a quesiton?"

She nods, "Of course."

"Did this help you come up with an answer?"

She bites her lip and looks up at me, "Not really. If anything I'm even more confused."

I kiss the top of her head, "Thank you for being honest."

"You were honest with me," she says quietly.

"I'll always be honest Em."

When I wake up I realize it's almost two. I place a kiss on Emerson's cheek and she sighs in her sleep. She was too cute for words. I see Wes then and he smirks, "Nap time?"

I roll my eyes at him and then frown, "Wait...if Em came for me last night where were you?"

He presses his lips together and Em stirs in my arms, she peeks up at me and then over at Wes, "Oh, hi Wes."

He nods at her and I eye him, "Where were you?"

"I um fell asleep sir."

Em sighs and looks up at me, "He had dinner with me, Avery, and Jude. I fell asleep in the living room and someone carried me to bed. When I woke up from your phone call I left Wes asleep on the couch. I didn't want to risk you driving off. You threatened too."

I look at Wes, "It wasn't even midnight yet."

"I know sir, I'm really sorry. It won't happen again."

Em frowns and looks at Wes, "How many hours a day are you watching me?"

He frowns, "Seven in the morning to midnight."

Her jaw drops and she looks at me, "Christian! That's nineteen hours a day! He's only get a few hours of sleep a night."

I frown and shrug, Emerson narrows her eyes, "Who do you have watching me at night?"

When I don't answer she sits up, "Is it Davis?"

I shrug, "Sometimes..."

She rolls her eyes, "Well who is it when it's not Davis?"

"Henry."

She shakes her head at me, "And why, if you're going to insist on having people watching me all day, why don't you have them split the time in half?"

"Because I trust Wes and Davis most."

She shakes her head, "I don't care. You're going to kill them both if you do that to them. They need sleep. Not everyone is an insomniac like you."

I sigh and look at Wes, "Eight to Eight. Henry will follow her to work every morning and then you're on the clock. Understood?"

He nods and looks at Emerson, "Thank you Em."

She smirks and looks at me as he walks out of the room, "See you can be nice."

I wrap my arms around her waist and kiss her nose, "Let's grab something to eat and then get ready."

She grabs my wrist and looks at me watch, "I need to go home to change. Plus my makeup is there."

I pout and say, "But I can get you whatever you need."

She shakes her head, "No. Plus I have a dress I haven't gotten to wear yet." 

I sigh and kiss her pouty lips, "Alright, but I'm having Davis drive you home."

She sighs and lays her head on my chest, "Okay."

"I'll pick you up at five-thirty okay?"

She looks up at me and nods, "Alright."

I brush my lips along her jaw and breathe her in, she had used my body wash and she smelled incredible.  As I nibble at her jaw she says, "You know I'm going to have to wear my hair down for quite a while with this hickey."

I smirk and pick her up in my arms as I go to stand, "Good. I like when you wear your hair down."

She rolls her eyes at me but gives me a smile, "You're unbelievable."

I place a kiss on her cheek, "I'll get Davis." 

 ***Emerson***

When I'm putting in my earrings I'm walking out into the hallway. Avery looks me up and down and smiles, "That dress is cute."

I hear a whistle and look up to see Jude grinning at us, "Well don't you two look lovely."

Avery walks up and kisses him, "You're here early."

He nods, "Yep. I figured I might get a peek at one of you."

She slaps his arm and he chuckles, "Kidding," he looks at me, "Christian would probably kill me. I just left his place. He was getting his shirt on."

I nod as I hear the doorbell ring. I look the peep hole before opening it up to see Christian. He grins when he sees me, "Well you look beautiful."

I bite my lip, "Thank you."

I let him in and he slips is arm around my waist, kissing my cheek.

When I pull away I say, "I'll be right back."

Avery follows me into my room and shuts the door, "So...exactly how far have you gone with that man? And if you gave your virginity to him, does he know?"

I turn around and scowl at her as I pick up my creme colored clutch, "Avery!"

She shrugs, looking innocent, "What?"

I just shake my head at her and move around her opening my door, Jude looks amused, "Is Avery yelling at you?"

I roll my eyes, "You know her so well."

"Well I'm sorry, but after whatever happened yesterday I'm curious. I know you had a meeting with Victoria and for whatever reason you hate her."

I turn to Avery, "What happens between me and Victoria is none of your business. We established that a long time ago."

She narrows her eyes, "What happened with her yesterday that made you leave the office with Will?"

I take a deep breathe while closing my eyes, when I look at her I can see she's only concerned, "I finally stood up to the woman after years of mental torture okay? That's all you need to know."

Jude frowns, "Victoria? As in Delwood?"

Christian nods stiffly, "It's a long story, and if Emerson doesn't want to talk about it she shouldn't have to."

Judes brow furrows and he looks at me, "That woman is crazy Em. Just stay away from her tonight okay?" he glances at Christian, "Especially around this one."

Christian glares at Jude and Avery says, "Oh...I get it now."

I give her a  warning look, "Just drop it Av."

I turn around and put my hand on Christian's arm and give him a begging look to just drop it and go. He wraps his arm back around my waist and kisses the side of my head, leading me out.

Avery and Jude still manage to arrive at the house befor we do. When Davis pulls up and Christian immediately gets out to get the door for me Davis says, "I know Victoria is going to be there, and if she gives you any trouble call me. I'll be waiting Miss. Sinclair."

I give him a small smile, "Thank you Davis."

As I step out and Christian leads me up the steps he says, "What was Davis saying to you?"

I bite my lip, "He told me that if Victoria gave me trouble to call him."

He looks at me surprised, "Figures he'd take your side. Always the gentleman."

I smirk and he chuckles kissing my jaw, "You ready to face my parents?" he asks.

I shrug, "I've faced your mom, your dad...I haven't even seen."

He sighs, "He's a tough one, but he's met Avery and supposedly likes her, so he'll love you just as much as my mother seems too."

I stick my tongue out at him and he chuckles again, squeezing my waist.

When we come through the door Matea pops up in front of us, Christian scowls at her, "God dammit Matea you're going to kill me one day."

She grins and looks at me, "He scares real easily."

I step aside as she gives him a hug, wrapping her arms around him, he sighs and rolls his eyes as she rocks him, "I don't see you quite often enough."

He looks down at her, "Well that could change...I offered you a job. Remember?"

She nods, "I know. But I want to do something with music. You're the one who taught me to play piano."

Avery looks at her surprised, "You play piano?"

Matea nods, "I sure do. Christian taught me."

Avery again looks surprised and looks at Christian, "You play?"

He nods stiffly and says, "I can play, but I hardly touch it."

Matea rolls her eyes, "Yeah...unless it's two a.m."

Avery nods and glances at me, "Same with Em and her painting, and her cello."

My eyes widen, "Av!"

She smirks, "What? It's incredible that you play that thing. You should brag."

Matea's eyes widen, "You play the cello?"

I nod, "I do, although the one I have I haven't touched in years. It's hidden in my closet." 

Christian wraps an arm around my waist and his lips brush against my ear, "You're full of suprises Miss. Sinclair."

I nudge him softly in the stomach and he chuckles as I say, "And so are you Mr. Clark."

He kisses my jaw and we both look up as his parents come into view.

His mother smiles at me warmly, "Emerson, you look absolutely beautiful."

I smile, and as I go to reply Christian says, "Hmm she's always beautiful."

I look back at him and elbow him slightly causing him to grin and kiss my jaw. He then says, "Dad this is Emerson, Em this is my dad, Callen."

His dad holds out his hand, "Nice to meet you Emerson."

His mothers eyes widen, "Christian! When on earth did you hurt your head?

"He sighs and rolls his eyes, "It's nothing. Just a little scrap I got on a boat in California."

His mother frowns, "Well can I see it?"

He shakes his head, "No."

His dad tries to hide a grin, "How many stitches?"

Christian shrugs and I say, "Seven."

"Seven?!"

Christian frowns at me, "Oh jeez thanks."

"She would have just asked somone else, and knowing your brother he would have lied." 

 He sighs and Jude smirks, "That's true," he pauses and his gaze hardens, "Victoria."

Christians dad smiles, "Oh Emerson, this is Miss. Delwood."

"Oh honey they've met," Christians mother says.

Mr. Clark looks surprised and Christians grip on my waist tightens as he steps incredibly close to me. Victoria looks over at us, her eyes darkening as she takes in the view of Christian's arms wrapped around my waist, "Miss. Cooper how nice to see you again."

I bite my lip and Christian sighs as his mother says, "I thought your last name was Sinclair?"

I nod, "Legally, it is. I changed my name when I graduated high school. I didn't want people associating me with my father's company." 

His father nods, "So you're David's daughter? I'm a big fan of his work. He's done great things."

I nod stiffly, "Some like to think so."

Christian clears his throat, "Em really isn't on speaking terms with her father right now."

"Well you have a brother and sister don't you Emerson?" his mother asks.

I nod, "Yes and I don't really speak to them either unfortunately."

"Your father offered you a job in Paris though, didn't he Emerson?" Victoria asks.

I nod, "He did. But I'm not taking it." 

His father frowns, "Well that sounds like a good opportunity."

I nod, "It is, but I've lived in Paris before and I prefer it here, in Seattle. It's home."

They seem happy with that answer as they lead us into the den for drinks before dinner. When Channing arrives he's greeted by everyone except Christian, and Matea notices. She frowns at her brother and when no one is looking I nudge him.

"You're not scoring any points with your sister by snubbing Channing."

He cocks his eyebrow up and gives me a stern look, "I'm not exactly a fan of him after what he did to you. Let me remind you he was seeing my baby sister at the same time as he was trying to get you into bed."

I smirk, "And let me give you this little piece of information, your sister was out with Brady when that happened. Channing was crushed that night. That's why I was hanging out with him."

His gaze hardens and he looks up at Channing and walks over to the wet bar where he stands with Matea.

They head out of the room and Jude says, "Hey! I wanted to give the brother talk."

Avery rolls her eyes, "I think it has more to do with the fact that Channing is dating Matea and he's had a massive crush on Emerson for years."

My jaw drops, "Avery that's not true."

Matea giggles, "Actually it is. He even told me so I wouldn't find out from Avery. He was right, you're oblivious to the way men look at you."

I frown and she laughs again, "God Emerson, you're gorgeous. It's no wonder Christian likes you. You don't even have a clue. Kind of like him I guess. The perfect pair."

I take a sip of my drink and shake my head, "No way."

She just smiles and goes on to talk to Will who had shown up.

About halfway through dinner Mrs. Clark asks Avery of her summer trip with her family.

"What is your family planning for those two weeks?"

"We're heading to Cape Cod actually. My parents own a summer home there, it's quite beautiful," she glances at me, "And I've always tried to get Emerson to go but she always declines."

I smile, "Well I take over for Raquelle for those two weeks, planning interviews with anyone and everyone."

Christian frowns, "Isn't that too much to handle?"

I shake my head, "It's only at night, I'll be fine."

His hand slips to my knee and he squeezes it as he says, "Running a whole business while working for me? Em that's too much. You're going to be beat."

I eye him, "I know how to manage my time Christian."

He sighs and his father chuckles, "Overly concerned Christian. The same as when he was eight and Matea was a baby."

Matea snickers and Jude grins, "That's true."

Christian gives him a dirty look and rolls his eyes, "I am not overly concerned."

"Wouldn't Vocal take you out to New York for a few days?"

I nod slowly at Avery's question, "Yeah...over a weekend. I'd leave on a Friday night and come back at midnight on Sunday."

"Maybe you could see your mom that way."

I nod, "Yes, I suppose I could."

Christian's hand squeezes my leg tighter, before moving up my thigh, I close my legs together without looking at him. Not happening at his families dinner table.

"So Christian, who are you placing as head of the publishing company Brown gave you?" Will asks.

Christian shrugs, "I'm not entirely sure. The whole company needs recontructed. It's quite the job."

Matea's eyes light up, "Could I help?"

He looks at her surprised, "You want to help?"

She nods, "Yes. Pretty please?"

He seems to contemplate it and says, "I'd have to have someone oversee your decisions. You're only nineteen and you know nothing about publishing."

Matea grins, "Actually I was thinking...what if you made it more of a virtual prescene? After I met Emerson I kind of went online to go through all those blogs and there are soooo many people out there writing and not getting published. They're just letting their stuff sit online. It's a shame. Someone needs to swoop in and pick it all up."

He smiles, "We'll talk about it this week okay?"

She grins, "Really?"

He nods, "Of course."

She squeals and gets up and hugs him from behind, right around his neck, he chuckles, "Get off Matea."

"You're seriously the best big brother in the whole wide world," she says pecking his cheek.

He rolls his eyse, "God I'll just let Em give you your card. I don't want to be anywhere near you when you freak out," he mumbles.

She looks at me, "What did he get me??"

I shake my head, "I am not givng that away."

She pouts and Christian smirks at her, "Go sit down."

She pouts and walks over to her seat as their mother says, "I'm going to go get the cake. Someone come help me?"

I notice Christians eyes widen and I look over at Victoria without making it obvious. Her hand was under the table, and I had no doubt it was on Christians leg.

He grips the table and I nudge him and mouth kitchen.

He clears his throat and goes to stand, "Em you want to help me with my mom and the cake?"

I nod and follow him, glancing at Victoria who is getting stared at by Will and Jude.

Once in the hall he breathes out deeply, "Thank you."

"She seriously just did that?" I ask.

He nods and gulps slowly, "She hasn't...it's been..."

"You know she's doing it because of me right?"

He nods, "Yes, I know." 

He leads me into the kitchen, and from there we really do help his mother.

Vote. Comment. Fan.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

345K 7.9K 32
A cleaner version of 50 shades of Grey. Anastasia Steele is a new journalist, falling for the mysterious, attractive CEO Christian Grey. What happens...
1.8K 110 31
E L James Characters are being used for this story. Christian is a billionaire who lives his life as he pleases and keeps his head in his business. H...
17.3K 581 41
Christian is hit by lightning when a beautiful and brilliant woman comes to work in his company as his new CFO. She has to find her way in asserting...
3.4K 167 50
Thanks E L James for your Fifty Shades Trilogy I am using her characters and adding my own. Christian and Anastasia are loners and rather than beco...