A Trial by Halves

moosesforgooses

What would have happened if Ye Huas plan to die in he Mermaid Wars had been Successful? What would have happe... Еще

Prologue
No Regrets
A New Life
A Shimmer of Red
A New World
Gems
A Rainbow Halo
A Patch of Sky
Suspicions.
Who Are You?
A Growing Enigma
More Questions
Deductions
Are You......?
When Energy Collides
When Worlds Collide
More Questions
The Spell
Deductions.
The House
The visitor
A Stronger Hold
The Return
A Flicker of Comprehension
Questions, Answers and Tender Eyes
Dreams
Instability
Unravelling the Seal 1
Unraveling the Seal 2
A Time to Talk
The Odd One Out
Lian Song Speaks
Choices.
Not so Docile
The Struggle
Punishment
A Little more Understanding
Is She or Not?
Disobedience
First Warning.
One More Sacrifice
A Whisper in the Dark
The Voice
A Voice in The Mirror
Beyond Fear
On Borrowed Time
Another Voice in the Dark
Decisions
Spiritual Connections
Change of Plans
No Looking Back
A Race Against Time.
The Awakening
Truth and Lies
Rage
Four for All
The Final Battle 1
The Final Battle 2
Days of Healing
The Truth
The Long Road to Healing.
Paying Debts
Punishment
Guilty
A Hidden Force
A Little Death
Agony
A Flicker of Calm
A Smile not so Bright
Just One More Sacrifice
How Much More?
One Piece at a Time
Shame
Eyes of Honey Brown
Distance
Uncertainty
A Little Step Forward
A Moment in Time
Echoes of the Past
Home
Overbearing
Her Sacrifice
100 Ways - Part 1
100 Ways - Part 2
All in One Lifetime
A Little Victory
Epilogue

"Bad"

1K 47 15
moosesforgooses

Southern Guangxi

It was one week later before Su Jin was finally allowed to leave that chamber and that was only because she had to force her way out.  Embarrassed and now desperate to leave the cave altogether, she could no longer look at Ye Hua without shaking in humiliation.  

Su Su had refused to allow the kitten out of their chamber or anywhere near their son until the kitten learned to behave.  Because initially, Su Jin allowed her temper to erupt every time Ye Hua went anywhere near that Mortal.  For three days and nights she'd had to endure their love making, though on the second night she had kept herself in her box and her ears and eyes covered.  Only by the third night, she was so traumatized by their sounds of passion, that she had once again flown out of her box to attack both of them, only to have Ye Hua once again throw her across the room.

The following morning, he too was just as fed up with the ball of fur as Su Jin was in being there, only the way Ye Hua had waited for Su Su to leave before he grabbed her up into the air by scruff of her neck, soon had her settling down very quickly.

He had all but threatened to throw her off the cliff,  if she tried to attack him again, and though she didn't think he actually would, she settled down regardless.  Though had she actually known that Ye Hua was dead serious considering she had tired three times to attack his wife, she may have erupted from her disguise to beg his forgiveness.  She was only there on sufferance because Su Su wanted to keep it and he made that very clear, before tossing it back into its box the moment the door opened and his Mortal returned.

By the forth day, she was desperate to leave the room, but seeing as the Mortal was not going to allow it until she was satisfied the kitten was not only house trained, but would behave itself, Su Jin found herself well and truly trapped and forced to endure an embarrassment she would never be able to live down.

 Because it was house training, that left her thoroughly humiliated having been forced to toilet herself onto large leaves that Cheng Yu had picked for her.  And not only did she did she have to toilet herself onto them, but Su Su inspected everything to ensure she had no diseases or worse, worms, but she also thought the kitten looked so cute doing its business while trying desperately to hide herself from view, that she dragged Ye Hua into the room to watch how intelligent her little kitten was.

Now one week later and finally released to meet with Er Li, Ye Huas son that she had heard from time to time whenever the door was opened, she kept a tight grip on Su Su, because she had a feeling that the child was able to see through the thick barrier she was wearing.  And that was because Er Li had looked her in the eye, when she had seen them at the market.

Though the initial meeting went well, Er Li merely looked at the kitten before turning back to Cheng Yu without another glance at it.  So thinking her time among them, would now be much easier, Su Jin remained within earshot of every conversation in the hope that she would learn valuable information.  And she certainly did.  

She had heard it mentioned that the Mortal was Disciple Si Yin and a much sought after fugitive, but what she also learned, was of was Mo Yuans return, Di Jun and Ci Hangs involvement in keeping her hidden and a little more information on the power source which they all talked about constantly, because there was still a very real fear that Qing Cang might find a way to influence Su Su again.

Only there was something that she knew that they didn't know.  She had used a little of the power source to strengthen Haodes spell, and it was this that was keeping Su Su firmly under the spell, because she had also taken Qing Cang into their cave while once again giving him access to the Mortal.

Though the moment she began to feel comfortable and no longer under threat, then Er Li began to take an interest in her.  Initially the child had ignored her while giving her the impression that she was of no consequence or worth his time, only as the days passed, and Su Jin began to prepare herself to leave, then Er Li struck.

It came on a day when Su Su and Ye Hua were playing with him.  At four months of age, and very alert to everything going on around him, Er Lis laughter was fast filling the cave with his high pitched squeals of delight.  Ye Hua was rolling about on the thick fur rug and trying his best to keep a ball in the air while his mother watched on laughing as he lost control of it.

Squealing and thumping his chubby little legs in delight, the scene was a typical family fun filled atmosphere and for a moment Su Jin remained in the doorway watching with a smile on her face.  She had never in her life seen him look so happy and carefree, that for a moment she had to keep reminding herself that this really was Ye Hua.

Only the moment she passed through the door to make her way towards the happy group with the thought of gaining a little bit of that happiness for herself, then she suddenly felt herself flying across the room and almost stunned out of her disguise by a powerful bolt of energy that literally sent her mind into a spasm.

"Er Li!"  Su Su cried out as she raced across the room to save the kitten who was by that stage trembling in fear and desperately looking towards the entrance with the thought of running, only to be picked up and carried back to Ye Hua who was now on his knees and staring at his son.

Er Li was no longer laughing but there was a definite smirk on that little face and for a moment Ye Hua too sat stunned staring at him.  His eyes were on the kitten and though his mother was holding onto it, Er Li released another burst of energy at it and knocking it out of her hands.

Instantly, Ye Hua took hold of his son while Su Su quickly removed the kitten from the room and all the while Er Li continued to smile and coo up at his father as if nothing out of the ordinary had just happened.  

Not sure what to make of it, Ye Hua could feel a definite unease about the kitten creeping up on him.  He had never liked it, and had only brought it into the cave to win back Su Sus affections, but the way his son was staring after his mother with malice in his expression, Ye Hua was positive his unease might actually be justified.  Er Li was a happy child, he never aimed to hurt anyone or anything and the couple of times, he had taken him to the market, nothing of the sort had happened, his son was happy with all the different people and the animals that would roam freely beneath their feet.

Whatever it was about the kitten that his son did not like, Ye Hua took it as a given that it was no longer welcome, only he would now have to fight with Su Su to get rid of it.   Though seeing as it was hurt, he allowed Su Su to care for it until it was well again, but he had every intention of releasing it, even if he had to do it behind her back.

And that day came another week later, when Ye Hua and Su Su had decided to take Er Li the market again.  Ye Hua had conceded to her plea to be allowed out once in a while and seeing as Er Li was now old enough for his own chamber, he was going to take her into town to select some new furnishings for what would be a nursery.

Excited and happy, the three were more than a just a family, all three were madly in love with each other and this definitely showed as Su Su raced through the cave to gather a small picnic they planned to take with them.  Only Lian Song and Cheng Yu also decided to go.  They were much stronger as a group should anything happen or if they were seen and the moment they were all ready to go, Er Li threw yet another burst of energy at it seeing as it was about to follow them out.

Not noticing, Ye Hua, Su Su, Cheng Yu and Lian Song, happily made their way out of the cave with a plan to stay together and remain alert at all times.

It was several hours later when they returned, and though tired, they were all more than happy with their outing, Su Su especially who looked forward to them just as much as Cheng Yu did.  Only the moment that Ye Hua stepped foot into the cave, then once again, Er Li sent a bolt of energy at the kitten having noticed its happiness at Ye Huas return and the moment it tried to launch itself at him, Er Li attacked.

Stunned once again, they all stood staring at Er Li who had raised a hand to release another bolt of energy.

"Er Li .... No!" Su Su called out as she ran across the room to save it.

In Cheng Yus arms, Er Lis hand had already begun to force the energy into his fingertips. 

"Bad." he said staring at the kitten who was now unconscious.

Ignoring the kitten, Ye Hua reached out to almost snatch him out of Cheng Yus arms.  All sets of eyes were staring stunned at the child while wondering what on earth had provoked him enough to hurt the kitten, but overriding that, was his first word.

"Bad?" Su Su whispered from half way across the room having stopped in mid stride to stare back at him.

"Bad." Er Li repeated himself while glaring at the kitten with the same smirk on his face.

"He said his first word."  Su Su almost squealed while completely forgetting about the kitten or even what her son had just done.

Ecstatic yet concerned, Ye Hua and Su Su left the kitten to Lian Song who had taken it upon him self to deal it while the young family partially celebrated in private.

"He said his first word."  Su Su whispered in tears while Ye Hua held them both.  And though he was happy for her happiness, he was not happy with what had just happened, because it meant that the kitten now had to leave, which meant a possible fight with his wife.

Though he shouldn't have worried, when it came to her son, Su Su was a tigress, and that he did not like the kitten, she was more than prepared to have Ye Hua send it away.

It had taken Su Jin almost six weeks to get herself out of there, but no sooner was she healed then Ye Hua personally took her back out beyond his barrier and left it exactly where he had found it.

He generally didn't mind animals, in fact he loved to help Lord Pua with his beasts when they arrived from time to time, but he couldn't help but wonder what it was about the kitten that he hated, or why his son considered it to be bad.

Only it was later that night, when it finally hit him.  The kitten had appeared immediately after Su Su and Cheng Yu had left for the market and with Er Lis first word ringing in his ears, a sudden dread began to fill his heart as he drew his Su Su into his arms and held onto her throughout the entire night.

_______

Kunlun Mountain.

Already one full day had passed and another looked to be passing as Ci Hang assisted with Di Juns care.  He had lost over half his cultivation and was so weak, he could barely stand and though Chang Shan was proficient enough in keeping him comfortable, he was not a Medicine King.

"You do not send for him.  He answers directly to Haode."  Di Jun ordered bluntly while refusing all outside help regardless of where it came from.

"But Di Jun, you need to return to the Celestial Heavens, he can help you." Ci Hang insisted only to be thoroughly shut down.

"No!  If Haode knows I am too weak to stop him from taking the power source back, he will make a move.  I am more than fine here among the higher energy.  You however, need to return to the Celestial Heavens and safe guard it before he gets too caught in the web it can weave." he replied just as adamantly while also giving him the spell he had used to keep it hidden.

Nodding that he understood, it was then decided that the power source would need to be transferred out of the Palace and back to Kunlun Mountain, where they both knew with absolute certainty that Qing Cang would no longer have a hold over it, not when Di Jun planned to bury it in the centre of the mountain.

"Then I will leave now.  Is there anything I can bring back for you?" he asked as he rose to leave.

"Yes.  My Starlord Si Ming.  And Ci Hang....." Di Jun looked at him with a piercing glare....  "Cover yourself well.  If Haode even suspects what you are about to do, you won't make it out of there." he added before another thought suddenly struck him.

"Also, if that girl is there, do not let her know where I am." he added as a fierceness in his eyes, had him knowing exactly who he was referring to.  That Di Jun and Qing Qius little Princess were in some kind of relationship, was not news to him, the entire Palace knew about it, but that look suggested that their relationship meant far more to him than even he realized.

Nodding his head again, Ci Hang left him to make his way home.  So far he was not really in Haodes sights as being a real threat to the plans he was contriving on his own sick bed, so slipping back into his Palace was not a problem, though the sudden appearance of his only maid Xuilan had his mind moving quickly as he gave out orders.

She had been with him for years, since as long as he could remember, and she was also the only woman he trusted unequivocally.  And it was to her that he went to meet with first.  He knew that whatever he told her, it would never be repeated to anyone else and she would also obey without question, because she too trusted him.

  Leaving her to gather elixirs and medicines he knew Chang Shan would not have, he then went to find Si Ming, though his thoughts did dwell on his maid a little longer.  She was by far the oldest maid in the Celestial Heavens and at only half his age, she was still considered a Grandmother in terms of titles, even he would call her that had she not been his maid and a very close friend, and it was their years of friendship that he was counting on at that moment.

Though the moment he entered Taichen Palace, a lingering energy had him momentarily stalling.  Someone had been there, someone who didn't belong, but as his energy swept outwards to search for whoever it might be, then Si Ming entered having felt his arrival.

"Lord Ci Hang.  Lord Di Jun is not currently present.  Is there anything I can help with?" he asked politely bowing while wondering what on earth was going on.  Not only were soldiers looking for Cheng Yu, but an order had also been issued to find Lian Song.  And with The Skylord severely injured, Qing Qius Little Princess causing havoc in her search for Di Jun, the sudden departure of Su Jin  and the entire Celestial Heavens in deep mourning for the loss of their Crown Prince, he felt as if he were walking on egg shells, especially seeing as the man before him was looking at him as if he were the one at fault for all of it.

"Si Ming.  I have an order for you from Di Jun, however it is imperative that you keep your silence.   There are things happening which I cannot discuss with you, however, you are needed urgently on Kunlun Mountain.  Whatever questions you have, save them for your arrival.  Take only what you need, because you will not be returning for some time." he said quickly and efficiently while leaving the Starlord losing the look of indignation which was just as quickly replaced by excitement.

"Is there anything you can suggest that I take with me or anything that needs to be done before I leave?" he asked seeing as whatever was happening, it looked as if he was going to be playing a part in it.

Thinking hard and not really having the time to, Ci Hang could think of only one thing of urgency that needed to be dealt with quickly and quietly.

"Qing Qius Princess.  Inform her that Di Jun is currently away and will not be returning for at least a month.  Inform her, that a direct order has been issued by the Skylord that she return to Qing Qiu and stay there." he said before also informing him, that he himself would close down Taichen Palace.

"Once I leave here, no one will be allowed to enter." he said softly and as a warning to him included.  He could not afford any interruptions once he took hold of the power source.

Watching the man walk away, Ci Hang then threw up a powerful barrier, which not even Haode could pass through, before heading to Di Juns personal archives and with a spell he hoped would be strong enough to see him leave without any distractions or interruptions.

Making his way to the archives, that energy he had felt earlier seemed to be growing stronger, or rather it was lingering more densely the further down he went.  For a while he continued to scan his surroundings for any other presence, only the moment he entered the archives, not only did he feel himself flying across the room and into a far wall lined with heavy volumes, but by the time he awoke, not only was he stuck behind a barrier he was struggling to lift, but the power source was now gone.

_____

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

1.1M 50.1K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
288K 9.4K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
987K 37.2K 88
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
345K 15K 39
જ⁀➴ᡣ𐭩 hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader જ⁀➴ᡣ𐭩 𝑰𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...