Why not ?

By CissyItsMe

Why not ? Two simple words that got out of Cora McKall's mouth and caused a dramatic change in her life. T... More

Why Not ?
•Chapter 2
•Chapter 3
•Chapter 4
•Chapter 5
•Chapter 6
•Chapter 7
•Chapter 8
•Chapter 9
•Chapter 10
•Chapter 11
•Chapter 12
•Chapter 13
•Chapter 14
•Chapter 15
•Chapter 16
•Chapter 17
•Chapter 18
•Chapter 19
•Chapter 20
•Chapter 21
•Chapter 22
•Chapter 23
•Chapter 24
•Chapter 25
•Chapter 26
•Chapter 27
•Chapter 28
•Chapter 29
•Chapter 30
•Chapter 31 #Part.1
•Chapter 31 #Part.2
•Chapter 31 #Part.3
•Chapter 32
•Chapter 33
•Chapter 34
•Chapter 35
•Chapter 36 #Part.1
•Chapter 36 #Part.2
•Chapter 36 #Part.3
•Chapter 37
•Chapter 38
•Chapter 39
•Chapter 40
•Chapter 41 #Part.1
•Chapter 41 #Part.2
•Chapter 42
•Chapter 43
•Chapter 44
•Chapter 45
•Chapter 46
•Chapter 47
•Chapter 48
•Chapter 49
•Chapter 50
•Chapter 51
•Chapter 52
•Chapter 53
•Chapter 54
•Chapter 55
•Chapter 56 #Part.1
•Chapter 56 #Part.2
•Chapter 57
•Chapter 58
•Chapter 59
•Epilogue
•A/N

•Chapter 1

49.9K 879 195
By CissyItsMe

≈Miami, Fl...

(10 a.m)

Cora was sleeping peacefully in her comfortable king sized bed, dreaming about her finally meeting Michael Jackson, when a sudden noise woke her up. The image quickly disappeared as she startled a bit. She sat up and immediately removed her night mask to see what was going on around her. Her heart was beating fast in her chest and she had to catch her breath back because she was about to have a little heart attack.

It seemed like nothing had moved in her room. Everything was at its place. It was clear that nobody came in there, but there was still this little noise. It seemed like it was coming from downstairs though. Cora was just out of her sleep and she was not thinking straight -yet- so the best thing she found to do was to panic like a little kid.

Kids !

Cora didn't hesitate before to jump out of her bed and to run the faster she could. She almost fell as her feet were still asleep, but they hurriedly followed the cadence. She had to protect her babies.

Arrived at the first floor, she stopped a moment to analyze the environment around her. And then she heard that noise again. It sounded like something had fallen. Something in a metal substance. She followed it and that led her to the kitchen, where her young daughter of ten years old, Acacia, was holding a pan in her hands. Cora stopped and folded her arms across her chest observing her little girl.

Acacia had shaky hands as she tried to kill the spider again, but as soon as the arachnid was moving, she jumped and dropped the object on the floor. Cora shook her head chuckling. Her daughter had never liked the critters in general.

"C'mon, you can do it. Go." The young girl encouraged herself, but there was nothing she could really do, she was too scared. Suddenly, she felt a hand on her shoulder, what made her scream on the top of her lungs. She turned around to finally notice that her mother had entered in the kitchen. She exhaled in relief placing her right hand on her chest, mainly to check if her heart was still there, "Mummy, I almost died. Never do that again, please."

Cora laughed slightly and took the pan off Acacia's hands, then throw it in the sink. She grabbed a napkin and caught the spider in it. Soon the little problem was solved, "Ta da. No needed to make it a big deal." She said walking to the refrigerator to grab eggs, the slices of bacon and the bottle of milk. Today was Saturday and as every Saturday, their little family was going to cook breakfast and eat together. These kinds of moments, Cora cherished them to the fullest.

Being the owner of her own club, Cora had to work every day to make sure that her business was going well. She opened Di@mond's once she got out of college at the age of twenty two. At first, it was a little thing, but then it started interesting people and soon it became one of the most popular clubs of Miami. Di@mond's was opened from Monday to Saturday, 9 p.m to 3 in the morning and it was a good place to listen to music, meet people, dance, drink excellent cocktails and to simply enjoy your free time. All type of people was allowed in except trouble makers of course, who were usually noticed quickly by the security guards and then kicked out. Cora loved what she was doing and plus it was bringing a great amount of money to provide her little family.

"A, where is you brother at ? " She asked wondering if her second child was still sleeping.

Acacia shrugged pouring a glass with some milk. Cora shook her head and went in her son's room to see what he was doing. There was Almar laying on his bed and on his back reading a book. Compared to his sister, Almar was really calm and practically never talking. He had always been more of an observer than a speaker. Acacia her, had always loved to be heard clearly by people around her. She had never been scared to give her opinion and to go towards people contrary to Almar who had always loved to be alone. Even if they were twins, a lot differentiated them.

"Good morning." Cora greeted him sitting on the edge of his bed.

Almar looked up and sat up, "Morning, mum."

"We're going to make breakfast. Are you coming ? "

He shook his head and got back to his reading. Cora didn't insist, it was normal. Sometimes he wanted and sometimes it was a no. Almar was a book closed with a padlock and it was hard for people to get to know him. Cora being his mother had the key, but she still hadn't got access to all the pages. Only Acacia could read him entirely, "Okay. We'll call you when everything will be done." The young boy nodded his head and got back to his reading.

It took a couple of minutes to Cora and her daughter to cook pancakes, eggs and bacon. Almar had decided to come in to help to settle the table. Once everything was ready, the little family sat around the table impatient to feed their body. Before to devour their plate, they blessed the food and then began to eat.

The day was starting well for Cora. She and her kids were healthy and happy, and the sun was up in the sky lighting up Miami. Something was telling her that it was going to be a great day.

Soon, it was time for them to get dressed and to head to Cora's mother's house. As Cora had to work and she couldn't let the kids by themselves, her mother was going to take care of them until Sunday afternoon. It was their habit. They spend all day together to have a mummy and twins moments and then it was time for Cora to separate from her babies and to be a business woman.

As they pulled in front of her mothers' driveway, they noticed another car. It was a new black BMW and they had never seen it before. Cora was scared to find her mother with a man. Not that she was against the idea of her mom being with a man, but she didn't want to walk in when they were doing some nasty things, and plus she was with her children. They didn't need to see it.

She prayed quickly as she put the spare keys in the lock. She turned it and the door opened. The only sound they could hear was the noise the TV was making. Cora sighed fully relief when she heard her big sister's loud laugh. So, it was her car ?

"Hey ! My babies ! Come give auntie a hug."

.

.

.

After leaving her mom's house, Cora directly drove to Di@mond's. It was 7:30 PM and she had to make sure that everything was alright for the opening. Francesca -one of the employees- was already there cleaning the bar and Roger -another employee- was cleaning and settling the tables. These two were always there early. They started working for Cora at the same time and it was two years ago. They'd witnessed the process of Di@mond's and were proud to be apart of this.

Francesca was a young lady of twenty-four years old who came to USA five years ago. She was a beautiful Colombian with long dark brown hair that reached her shoulders and a style of her own. It was because of her originality that Cora got immediately along with her and hired her. She loved her bubble and weird personality. She was so unique, Cora just wanted to give her her chance and she knew she was going to bring something special to her club. All customers loved being served drinks by her. Every night she invented something different and plus she was really sociable. Francesca just knew how to have conversation with people.

"Hey, Miss Cora ! How are you ? "

Cora smiled, "Hey, Franky ! I'm good and you ? " She asked using her nickname.

"I'm excellent ! I can't wait for tonight." Francesca was loving working for Cora so much that she was always so excited for the club to open. She loved meeting new people all the time. Except for the two or three accustomed that were always there, she had never a conversation two times with the same person. In addition, she had free drinks and after one a.m, she was out of work to enjoy herself for two hours on the dance floor.

"I'd seen you the other night talking with this girl. Who was she ? " Cora's nosey side was always finding a way to come out and mind other folks business.

Franky narrowed her eyes at her, "I don't know what you're talking about, chica." She lied organizing the bottles of Vodka on the shelf.

"Yeah, whatever. I'll find out anyways." Seeing that time was passing by quickly, Cora went to help Roger, but she was not done with Francesca.

Roger was a cute nineteen years old college student. Caramel skin, white and perfect teeth, an athletic body and a great personality, you could tell that he was a seducer. He knew how to talk to women and exactly what they want, but he never used his charm to play with them. His favourite activity expect working hard to success in life was flirting with females, but you definitely couldn't call him a player, because that's not what he was doing. He wasn't involving himself sexually with a female if it was not to last more than one night. In fact, he was the relationship type of guy, but after his complicated love story with her ex-girlfriend, he decided to just chill and focus on himself. Plus he was young and had time before to officially settle down.

Cora hired him while he was only seventeen because he really needed a job and she just couldn't say no. She wanted to help him, mainly after hearing his story. Roger had lost a lot of people in his life, the only one that was still there was his grandma who was now in a hospital bed slowly dying. He had to live with his best friend's family, but he couldn't depend on them. He didn't want to. He had to take care of himself.

"Uh...Coco ? " He called a little nervous.

Cora looked up to him, "Yes ? What's going on ? " She asked curiously.

"Uh....I won't be able to stay for too long tonight. I have an assignment to write. The teacher wants like more than thirty pages and I still didn't start, so....Can I go earlier ? "

Cora nodded her head, "Of course. And you'll still be payed. Don't worry, my future business man." Roger was like one of her children. She wanted him to succeed in life and make his dreams come true.

.

.

.

Tonight it seemed like all Miami was at Di@mond's. Even if any artist was performing, it was filled. People were everywhere. Some were on the dance floor, others discussing while drinking a cocktail around a table and there were some who were simply getting drunk. Well, everybody was having its own fun.

Cora checked her phone to see if her mother had called her, but there was nothing, except the notifications from Twitter and Instagram. She sent a quick message to wish a good night to her babies and shoved her IPhone 5s back in her purple Chanel purse. She was so focused on this that she didn't realize that a man was checking her out from the bar.

Kalvin Ryans just got out of a long day of workout session and was ready to relax for the night. Of course, he couldn't go to the club by himself without his big brother decided to tag along. As his sibling was telling him a story, his brown eyes laid on a pretty woman who was near the stage. She was wearing a white and tight dress with flowers motifs on it, that was showing her curves perfectly, mainly her behind. At her feet there were white Chanel heels that were complementing her light mocha skin tone and making her legs longer and sexier. The long and straight black hair was adding more attraction to the mysterious female. Kalvin couldn't see her face, but he absolutely wanted to talk to her.

Kalvin was a predator when it came to women. He absolutely knew how to approach them and how to seduce them. None of them couldn't tell him no. He was just too smart for that. And plus, the fact that he was a famous basketball player was helping him a lot and he knew it. Though he was never playing with the celebrity card in the first place, he could always put this to his advantage. They were no type of women that wasn't interesting Kalvin. Mr. Ryans loved all females. Skinny, Asian, African, Latina, plus-sized, small, tall, he loved them all. No exception. Woman is beautiful. If you were pretty to his eyes, he will try to chase you. And it will always work.

Until now, nobody had noticed him and it was fine with Kalvin. Tonight he wanted everybody to leave him alone. His only focus for now was the mysterious goddess that caught his eyes since he arrived in Di@mond's.

"Uh...I'll be back." He told his brother standing up slowly, then he made his way to his new prey. He placed himself before her getting immediately her attention. Once he saw her beautiful face, his desire got bigger. He was determined to end the night with her. She had hypnotizing hazel eyes, a nose that was sitting perfectly in the middle of her face and luscious lips that were covered with lip gloss. Kalvin admired her elegance for a moment before to get back in reality. This woman was a pure marvel.

"Hmm.." She hummed looking at him a bit confused, "Do you need something ? " She then asked removing a lock of hair that was getting in her eye. Cora couldn't help it but smiled when she saw this handsome man before her. He had a brown skin, brown eyes, tempting lips, a fresh cut and a growing facial hair that was giving him more charm. And plus, he had a muscular figure that his expensive black suit was flattering. Yes, Cora was loving what she was looking at.

"Not, really. Well, except your name pretty woman." He answered showing his white teeth and his two cheeks dimples.

Cora chuckled and nodded her head, "Oh ! " She exclaimed, "Well...Give me a good reason to tell you this Mr..."

"Ryans." He responded handing out his hand.

Cora hesitated at first, but then shook it. She was instantly impressed by the softness of his skin. They shook hands for a couple of minutes before to slowly release the hand of the other, "Uh...I'm Cora."

Kalvin raised his eyebrow, "Cora ? Like the owner of this club ? " This was the only Cora he ever knew about.

She nodded her head while staring at him more carefully. His face was reminding her of someone, but she didn't know who exactly, "Yes. What is your full name again ? " She questioned curiously putting her right hand on her right hip.

"Kalvin Ryans, pretty."

"Oooh ! The basketball player. Nice to meet you. I hope you're enjoying your time in Di@mond's." Cora was proud of the popularity her club got during these past few years. Now, she was used to see celebrities practically every night. And some already tried to flirt with her before Kalvin. She wasn't dumb. She knew exactly what he was doing calling her pretty and asking for her name, but Cora had nothing against it. It's always a pleasure to have attention from a man, and plus a very attractive one.

Since the disaster with her ex-boyfriend -who was the twins' father- Cora didn't give another chance to love. She wasn't running away from it, but she was not pressed. For now, she preferred to have some fun with men here and there. She allowed herself to sleep with one once in a month at least. And being too busy the last month, she hadn't time to find someone to please her.

If Kalvin played well his game, he could definitely get it.

"Yes. I love here. You did a great job. But you know what would be better ? " Cora shook her head no, "Well...if you accept to go on a date with me...Right now." Kalvin had been raised well. He knew how to make a woman feel like a queen. Women are not objects as his grandma loved to remind him and his brother. He was not going to just tell her that he wanted to have sex after having met her since one minute.

Cora laughed, "Wow ! Right now ? No man never told me that. You're different...I like it." She said smiling. She motioned for him to wait and she quickly went to the bar to speak with Franky.

"Hey ! " She yelled pouring a glass with Hennessy.

"Hey ! Can you do the closing tonight ? " Cora knew she could trust Francesca with her business. The only thing she had to make sure of was if her employee was able to do this or not. Franky plus alcoholequals a wild animal. For the moment, she seemed sober.

She gave her a thumbs up, "Yes, of course ! Have fun ! "

Cora grinned and thanked her by blowing a kiss. She didn't know what she could do without Francesca. Every day, she was proving her that she took a good decision by hiring her.

Cora got back to Kalvin, took his hand and left the club with him. She wanted to eat an ice cream, so they walked until the restaurant near Di@mond's called Frozen. They entered and bought their ice creams. Of course Kalvin insisted to pay for everything. Then they sat at a booth in the back to enjoy their dessert and to get to know each other a bit more.

"So, tell me a little about yourself Miss Cora." Kalvin started the conversation getting her attention.

She shrugged, "What do you want to know Mr.Ryans ? " She asked licking her spoon seductively.

"Well, are you taken ? "

"No. And you ? " He shook his head grinning, "And why ? "

"I could ask you the same. You're a very beautiful woman and seemed to be an amazing human being. You still didn't find the right guy, huh ? " He asked guessing.

Bingo, she thought, "No. Should be the same thing for you."

Kalvin chuckled, "Oh no. It's by choice. I'm not ready for a serious relationship and I think I'll never be. But who knows." He said locking an intense eye contact with Cora, "Listen, it sounds like we don't want something serious, but...another thing and I think we should continue this conversation somewhere else. Like my apartment, for example."

Cora raised an eyebrow smirking, "Hmmm...Why not ? "

——————————————-

Feel free to comment or/and to vote.

•A/N: So...it was the first chapter and I hoped you liked it. If there is a problem, message me or tell me in the comments section below. Also I would like to know what you think about the characters that got introduced in here. Do you like them ? Dislike them ? Or don't know yet. And was it too long ?

PS: The second chapter had been privatized by Wattpad.

The song for this chapter is Came To Do x Chris Brown [On the side]

Thanks for reading !

And sorry for the mistakes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

278K 8.2K 32
"You should have told me before that you weren't interested in me" I yelled at my so called husband Samad. Tears were rolling down my cheeks. "Jawari...
49.4K 1K 37
I would bet none of you have ever had that dream summer that all of us want.... that summer where you meet a boy on the beach and go surfing even tho...
243K 12K 44
Not everyone is born strong, Some are soft like the cotton candy clouds, like the first rays before dawn. Some are unaware of the dark thoughts and...
465 63 12
-Let's get this straight. From a dead end job to a useless crazy ex boyfriend- my happiness is with my best friend yet the fear of our relationship e...