The Fog ⇢ Dead by Daylight On...

By lxstthxxght

CURRENTLY RE-WRITING, SO UPDATES PENDING FOR SOME CHAPTERS .☆。• *₊°。 ✮°。 « the mist is alluring, hypnotizing... More

☽ introduction ☾
☽ killers ☾
« evan macmillan "the trapper" »
𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚙
𝚑𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚎𝚎𝚔
𝚙𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎
𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚎𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗
« philip ojomo "the wraith" »
𝚋𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚎𝚢𝚎𝚜
𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚜
« max thompson jr. "the hillbilly" »
𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚎
𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐
« sally smithson "the nurse" »
𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚑𝚊𝚋𝚒𝚝𝚜
𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚔
« michael myers "the shape" »
𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚛 𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚎
𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚕
𝚋𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚜𝚕𝚒𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜
𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚋𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐
« lisa sherwood "the hag" »
𝚒𝚗𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎
𝚑𝚎𝚡
« bubba "junior" sawyer "the cannibal" »
𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎
𝚌𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐
« herman carter "the doctor" »
𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚔 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚊𝚍𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜
𝚖𝚢 𝚍𝚘𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚛
𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚍𝚛𝚘𝚙𝚜
𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚌 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚔
« anna "the huntress" »
𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚗𝚗𝚢'𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎
𝚋𝚞𝚗𝚗𝚢 𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜
𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚔 𝚛𝚊𝚋𝚋𝚒𝚝
« frederick "freddy" charles krueger "the nightmare" »
𝚜𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚖𝚊𝚗'𝚜 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖𝚜
𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚎𝚙
𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚕
« amanda young "the pig" »
𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚞𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚜
𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚞𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚜
𝚜𝚗𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐
« kenneth "jeffrey hawk" chase "the clown" »
The New Clown
The New Clown
Coulrophobia
« rin yamaoka "the spirit" »
Spirit's Fury
Tears
« frank morrison "the legion" »
𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚔'𝚜 𝚖𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚊𝚙𝚎
𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚔'𝚜 𝚖𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚊𝚙𝚎
Her
Fights And Tears
Not You
Not You
Let Her Go
Broken And Bloody
Broken And Bloody
You're The Worst
Different
« joey "the legion" »
Joey's Mixtape
Joey's Mixtape
Warmth
Warmth
A Little Bit Of Both
« susie "the legion" »
Susie's Mixtape
Susie's Mixtape
Clarity
Shy
« julie "the legion" »
Julie's Mixtape
Julie's Mixtape
Cigarettes
« adiris "the plague" »
Sickness
Broken
☽ survivors ☾
« jake park "solitary survivalist" »
Snapped
« nea karlsson "urban artist" »
Spray Paint
« laurie strode "determined survivor" »
Somewhat Like Him
☽ multiple characters ☾
The Four Of You
Cold
Cold
Falling Hard
Shocks And Traps
Dare To Be Toxic
Friends
Blinded And Rabbits
Fire And Water
Sprinting
Masks
☽ events ☾
Vigo's Pupil
Vigo's Apprentice
Osseous Carcass
Seeping Hollow
yearly update lmao
minor update!

𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚘𝚗

1.6K 44 1
By lxstthxxght

✩ Philip Ojomo "The Wraith" ✘ Caring!Protective!Reader ✩

❝I think part of the reason why we hold on to something so tight is that we fear something so great won't happen twice.❞

THIS CHAPTER WAS REQUESTED

Between the campfires, there was a void of darkness. As the light tapered off, your body would be engulfed with a pitch black. It's cold there too. Chills would fill your body as you stared into the never-ending darkness.

You wanted to see Philip, but as the sign of life ever existing dimmed, you weren't so sure about the adventure. Exhaling in denial of the possibility of not seeing him, you glanced over at the fire. Flames flicked at the sky, growing and falling as it breathed into life. They stung your vision, the outline following your gaze as you reached for a branch. Carefully you lifted it from the pit of flames—the lapped at your skin burning you slightly. You hissed in pain, transferring the wood to your other hand, allowing you to bring your wounded one to your mouth. Your saliva soothed the pain for a moment, but the pain returned as soon as it disappeared.

You looked back at the darkness. It devoured your sight, discouraging you from your descent. As you walked, the light from the campfire glowed. It burned through the darkness enough for you to see your hands, but your lower body was lost to the night. You looked back for the campfire you were just at, but it was gone. An ache formed in your chest as you realized you were stranded in nothingness. You weighed your options, turn back into the potential comfort of the warmth of the survivor campfire or continue the route to possibly meet up with the man who you've been dying to see.

Finally, you decided to trek on, you'd already come this far, and you don't want to keep Philip waiting if he was out there. And as if out of nowhere, there was a pinprick of light. You weren't sure if you saw things, but as you grew closer, the light expanded. It illuminated against Philip's tattered clothing. His features became more prominent with the stark contrast around it. Your eyes meet, making your chest flutter with bits of anxiety nipping at your fingertips.

Philip grew closer to you, grabbing the light from your hand before bending down just enough to reach your forehead. His lips gently grazed your skin, leaving goosebumps on your already cool skin. He sat your stick of fire next to the one jutting up from the ground, which you presumed was his. "I'll have to go soon."

The sentence pained you. Of course, you knew that Philip had a trail, but you wanted to spend time with him. You can't hold games hostage anymore due to the map collapse when someone opens an exit gate. But you figured you could get at least a bubble of time with him. "Do you think you can tell me a story?"

"A what?" You could tell your question made Philip uncomfortable. His former movements became ridged as his tone was now flat from its once gentle spoken nature.

"A story. You know, from your childhood or past. Something that's not from this," you paused, trying to find the right words, "place." You strained to try to understand what he was thinking. To suddenly appear in his brain and understand what's going on and how you affected it. You wanted to nitpick his sentences, investigate the syllables, and know what he means behind every word. The knowledge of his brain was a disease for you, and the thought plagued your being.

"No." The response was short. Rash. It was like a knife plunged into your heart. You didn't know why it hurt so much, but he denied you the possibility of his past hurt more than hanging on a meat hook.

"How can you not-"

"I don't. And I must go, I have a trial. I'll see you later." You looked up at Philip, confusion washing over your face. He's never cut you off before. You try to speak again, but he and his light are already gone, leaving you alone in the forever void.

Eventually, you found yourself back at the survivor campfire. The flames nipped at the oxygen that breathed life into the red heat. You threw the stick back into the pit. The flames rejoicing as they were once again together as one. As you watched the fire dance as one, a thought found its way into your mind. "I should talk to the Observer."

The sentence was soft against your breath. You'd heard of the man before. He's supposed to know everything about everyone, and maybe you can bargain for just a bit of insight into your love's life. So, you scrounged your belongings, finally finding something of worth, your father's pocket compass. It had an engraving written on it, but time-weathered it, some the only letters that were legible was 'yo r o my.' You knew it was a gift from his best friend, but other than that. It was your last remnant of him.

You held the compass over the fire. The flames tickled the medal. The reds and oranges and yellows pulled the items further into its grasp. As the compass fell, the fire roared with contempt before transporting you into a library with a gray-blue floor. The shelves were lined with dark green, blue, and red books with golden lettering against the spine. "Scotch for your troubles?"

There he was, his voice was rough like his black hair that highlighted with brown and gray strands which extended into scraggly muttonchops. His hand grasped a glass with a honey-colored liquid that swirled around with a couple of square ice-cube. You shook your head, not wanting the burn of alcohol down your throat. The Observer nodded before using his available hand to make an extra chair and table to appear. He motioned you to sit down, allowing you to speak. "I want to know more about-"

"Philip? Yes, I know, but I never expected you to come here. This is a meeting that I couldn't predict, isn't that right, Y/N?" As he said your name, you shuddered. Chills filled your body as he stared into your soul, hyper analyzing anything and everything you've ever done. He chuckles. It catches you off-guard, making you stutter against his gaze.

"Well... Yes, but- I want to know more about him, and if I know he won't have to struggle with telling me, you see?" You could see his eyes roll. A smirk was painting his lips as he brings the drink in his hands up to them. Glossy liquid stuck to his upper lip until he brushed it away with his blue dress shirt's sleeve. "So, you think, I'll help you, because your boyfriend, who I might add is a deranged psychotic killer who's viciously killed a multitude of innocent people, won't tell you about his past? Is that it? Because, if so sweetheart, then you've got the wrong man."

You started to grow helpless. You were searching for how you could convince him to help your cause but falling short. In front of you, the man began to swirl his drink, causing the ice to clunk against the glass. "Please, I'll do anything," You could see his smirk increase into an evil grin. The action made you regret your former statement, causing you to bask in a state of humiliation.

"Alright, fine. I'll help you if I can have some of your memories. You'll still be able to remember them, but I will have them here in one of these books where I can find them at any time. Also, you cannot choose which ones I take for my liking." You exhaled in relief. As you considered the offer, you realize the terms could be much worse than listed. Hesitant on your words, you agree. He smiles before a book appears in his hand. 'Memory 656-665' are in gold lettering on the front of the darker green leatherback. He places it on the table, sliding it over, so it stops right in front of your reach. You open the cover, flipping to the first page as the Observer leaves you alone. You skim the pages as actions slowly started to make sense.

After you finish reading, you leave the book on the table before being brought back to the campfire. You've felt as if you've read something you weren't supposed to know. Like you've crossed a line, and Philip doesn't even know. Quickly you grab a stick from the flames, rushing into the darkness that inhabits the surrounding area. You wanted, no, you needed to speak to Philip.

And you did. You found him as you did before his trial. He fiddled with his bell, only looking up when you came into view. He was confused as he recognized your pained expression. "I did something bad..." Your voice trailed off as your throat started to squeeze painfully. Your body reacts to you, bottling up your potential tears. He takes you into his arms, brushing your hair with his hand, trying his best to soothe your emotions. "What happened?"

You started to cry, "I went to The Observer because I wanted to know more about you. And I read about horrible, horrible things that I can't believe you went through, and I'm so sorry." You looked up to see his reaction. He was taken aback, but when he saw your tear-filled eyes, his face softened. "It's fine. I forgive you. I know you didn't mean any harm."

You started to sniffle as you reached into your pocket. Before you left the Rift, you had grabbed a photograph of Philip's parents. You slowly held it up, enough to where he can see their faces on the old polaroid. You could hear the sigh escape his lips as he grabbed it. You could see the longing gaze as his eyes lingered on their features. "Thank you." For the first time in a while, you'd seen him smile, and you hope that he'll do it more often. You never want him to go through some of the things he's already been through again. No matter what, you'd try your best to make him happy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.6K 1.5K 36
#1 in LGBT 9/23/21, #1 in Horror 9/23/21, #2 in BxB 9/23/21, #1 in ZombieApocalypse 9/23/21 Killian's eyes flickered up to Jasper. In the afternoon...
1.3K 44 4
⤷ "You can't Theo. You tried to hide it, but I know you're injured. You aren't strong enough." ⤷ "I will be so that you'll survive." ↭ They're lurkin...
505K 12.3K 47
[Completed] [[Lemon and Swear Warning]] [2019 Jan Note: This book dates back to 2017, where my grammar and spelling checks weren't efficient due to m...
56.3K 1.7K 22
"𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐥𝐥" - "𝐎𝐡 𝐅𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐟𝐟" Nam M/N, a third year, a delinquent, a smoker and the older...