Tears

✩ Rin Yamaoka "The Spirit" ✘ Fem!Reader ✩

❝You know you love someone when the mere thought of losing them brings you to tears.❞

Tears had become your best friend. You lost everything, and you had grown used to the rivers streaming down your face. Your mom had died when you were born, your dad didn't care that you existed, and you could never make any friends. You grew up with tears being a regular thing.

You were lying in bed, dreading another day of uneventfulness. When you heard the sound of running air, it wasn't normal and hard to explain. You listened to a cracking to your left, as well as many moans and groans. "Are you the one they deem 'the spirit'?" You turned your head to face the blue-tinted girl, and her face contorted until she landed on a look that suited her best.

She huffed out multiple breaths until she could muster a word. "Yes..." Nodding your head, you stared at the wall behind her. You hadn't done much with your miserable life; if you were going to die, it wouldn't be much of a problem. You felt a liquid falling down your face, tears. You sighed as they were wiped away by the girl in front of you.

"Don't..." You glanced in confusion, then understood as you see the forever streams go down her face. Sitting up, you wiped hers away, they came back once again, but she smiled like they didn't. "Okay, I won't." Her smile grew wider until her face could not support the change of attitude. She waved and disappeared, which left you wondering about the girl with the countless tears.

~~~~
Photo credits to nikolaevna-annushka on Tumblr