Switched | Zayn Malik AU

By stylesmonarchy

Constace Flynn and Zayn malik woke up one day in each other's bodies... literally. More

Prologue
The morning after
Georgina
Bestfriendship
Tattered
Perrie
An invitation
Regrets
Everyday
Little Black Dress
Latch
Road Rage
Mistake
That cycle
Questions
Clueless
Explanations
The Break-Up
Stepbrother
The Prince
Asymptotic
Starry, starry night
Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels
Confused
The Boys' Locker Room
Treehouse
White paint
Acceptance
Journal
Jealousy
Sunsets and Fireworks
Lux
The Brightest Star
Surprises
Quicksand
Pillow fight
City of Love
Confirmation
Bowling balls
Meet the Parents
The Truth
Night Changes
The Past
Nomination
Cheating
CAST LIST
Homecoming game
The dress
Dancing
Shopping
Limousine
Homecoming
After Party

Tenerife Sea

1.3K 89 41
By stylesmonarchy

(IMPORTANT AN:

TEAM #ZTACY OR TEAM #STARRY? COMMENT BELOW!!!!)

Constance's POV

"So, where are we going?" I asked Zayn.

"Somewhere."

"So you're not telling me?"

"Nnnope." He said, popping the P.

"Zayn Malik if you're not gonna tell me where we're going I'm going to step out of this car and tell everyone you kidnapped me."

"Oh no you wouldn't wanna do that."

"Try me."

"Well, if you insist...."

He stopped the car and I got out, not really knowing what to do.

"Go ahead. Tell 'em." He said while pointing at three girls who were walking down the street.

I walked up to them, leaving Zayn's car behind. I didn't know what to say, so I just said, "Hey, do you know... where the nearest---"

"Hey, ladies. I'm sorry um, my girlfriend just wants to go to a party and uh, do you know a place we could crash?" Zayn said while he was still in the car.

The girls twirled their hair and it was obvious that they were trying to seduce Zayn. Even if there was no daylight, I could still see that they're blushing.

"Yeah, there's actually a party about six blocks from here. It's an open party, so no need to crash." One girl said while fluttering her eyelashes.

"Actually we're on our way there..." The other girl said.

"You know what, why don't you just ride with us?" Zayn offered.

"Really?" The girls said in unison while I got back into the car.

"Yeah, I mean, it's fine, right Babe?" He asks me and I nodded.

While the girls are making their way to the back seat, Zayn stepped on the gas, leaving the girls behind.

He fixed his rear-view mirror and winked at the girls.

"Why did you do that? That's rude!"

"They were flirting with me and they KNEW I have a girlfriend. THAT's rude." He said.

"Still, you shouldn't have done that."

"You shouldn't have gone out from the car in the first place."

"Well you should have just told me where we're going."

"You wanna know where? Here we are." He turns left and stops the car in front of a huge house. There were many people, but it didn't look like a party. It looked more like a gathering. No one was drunk yet, and people were just chatting and laughing and dancing and still sober.

We got down from the car and walked through the crowd. People were saying hi to Zayn. Some were people from school. I was so scared of being seen with Zayn because he had just broken up with Perrie and judging by his latest video, he still loves her.

"You know, if we were in a fanfic, I would've expected you to bring me to a bar or up a mountain or down the riverside or to a restaurant with fancy music."

"Yknow even though we were in a fanfic, I wouldn't that." Zayn said as he opened the door to the house.

"Are you sure we're supposed to be doing this? What if the owner finds out about us crashing the party?"

"He can't do anything about it anymore. And trust me, he already knows." Zayn smiled.

"Well, you can't just walk in someone's house as if you own the place! And going up the stairs? Are you crazy?" He was holding my hand so he was kind of dragging me into trouble.

He opened one of the doors and it led to a room that had two beds. He walked to the corner of the room and picked up a guitar and started playing a song I didn't recognize.

He sat down on the bed and tapped on the space beside him. I sat down and examined the room.

Why does it look so familiar? I know I've seen this room before, I just don't remember how...

"Hey Dude, you're here! Come on, I've already got them warmed up." Louis said.

Wait, what? Louis's here? I thought we were just crashing this party?

"Hey, is this... Louis's house?" I asked.

"Well, yes, and no." He said while opening a drawer and handing me a picture frame with a photo of him and Louis.

"My parents gave us this house when we were thirteen. Kind of a present. But when Louis experienced some sort of family problem, he went home to this place every night. Even after the problems were gone, he still decides to go here whenever he wants to. This is where I go to whenever life's taking its toll on me. Kind of like a sanctuary for us."

"That's good. At least you have somewhere you can go to. Most people aren't rich enough to buy a place like this."

"It's yours, now, too. If you want it. I mean, you can go here anytime you want. Zayn only goes here whenever he records my videos." Louis said.

"So that's why it looked familiar! Anyway, you should definitely pursue your musical talent. You're actually good!"

"Oh, so you watch my videos?" Zayn said with a big smile on his face.

"Just... one time! And no thanks, this place is special for you two. It's a nice place, by the way."

"Oh, it gets better." Zayn said as he took my hand.

We went out of the room and into the garden where a tree house was built. It was a big one, enough to fit five people who are lying down.

We went around to the back of the house and found a space that looked like a greenhouse with a candlelit dinner that was set up. The floor was filled with rose petals and the walls were covered with fairy lights. On the table were covered trays and some champagne.

The place looked amazing and I really appreciated his efforts.

"So, ask me anything." He said as we pulled out the chair for me. He was acting like a gentleman and I liked it.

"Anything?"

"Anything."

"Hm, if you were given one wish, what would you wish for?"

"I already got what I wished for." He said. At that moment, I thought he said the most cliché thing a guy could ever say to a girl who asked that question. He was going to say I was his wish and then we will live happily ever after.

"I got my freedom." He continued and I felt a slight pinch in my heart. "When I was sixteen, my parents asked me if there was anything I wanted and I said I wanted a normal teenage life. I've seen how they tormented my brother into making mature decisions at such a young age. They taught him how to run the company and.. that's just not what I wanted for my life. Okay, my turn."

"Hey, who said you got to ask questions?" I laughed while cutting the steak on my plate.

"What's the one mistake that you've done in the past that you'd like to undo?"

"I'd like to unmeet, undate, and unlove this one guy..."

"Gavin?"

"How'd you know him?" I was shocked when he said that. I've never told anyone but Georgina and Liam!

"I..."

"You read my journal."

"Yes I did, but that was when I first got into your body! I felt like I needed to know you, so..."

"Don't ever do that again! Ask me anything, but don't ever EVER touch my journal again!"

"Okay." He said obediently. "Here's a toast... to whatever we have. To fate, for bringing us together." He said while holding up his wine glass. We clicked our glasses together and continued throwing questions at each other. Favorite food, artists, movies, books... we were laughing at each other's answers, we were both having fun until I asked a question that I was so scared to ask and I don't know why. The mood suddenly got serious.

"What is your biggest fear?"

"I don't know how to swim, so I'd say I'm scared of drowning."

"No, your REAL fear."

"Um, I'm scared of change. I don't know, I'm scared of the fact that one day, I will not be able to have control over things. I'm scared that if I change, people will start treating me differently. I'm scared of losing so many things and so many people. Maybe that's why I like your name so much and I hate calling you Stacy. You're Constance. Your name defies change. But somehow you're pulling me to that direction. You make me realize how much better life is if I go through that change."

"You should not be scared of what's ahead, Zayn. People and things will ALWAYS change. You can't just live forever hiding behind that bad boy facade. You can't keep running away because somehow you will realize that running away will only take you back to where you were before. It's better to conquer your problems and be done with it than to keep escaping." I told him. I wanted him to realize that I will support him no matter what happens.

"Which is why I brought you here."

"What?"

"Come with me."

We went back to the front and to the base of the tree house. He whispered something to Louis before going up. I just stood there, waiting for him to go down.

I was clueless about what was happening until Louis started speaking.

"Okay guys, my best bud Zayn here has got something to say and he wants you all to listen." Louis said as the instructs the DJ to turn the music off.

"Hello everyone, I know you're all very.. confused, but this is not just a party. I don't know how you guys would react to this, but I'm definitely gonna try and do the best that I can to show you what I really am." Zayn said through the microphone. I didn't even know there was a mic in there until I saw a guy holding it for him.

He sat down on the edge of the tree house and pulled out a guitar.

Is he really doing this? Oh My God he really is doing it!

Two boys walked into a garden carrying a painting of a pair of eyes with irises that look like the sea and the sky. I haven't seen this painting before, I didn't know if Zayn was the one who painted it. He wasn't one who would paint these kinda of stuff, he was more like a cartoon type of guy.

"This song is for you, I hope you know who you are."

I looked around for Perrie, I know the song's for her. I kept searching the crowd for Perrie until started srumming the strings of the guitar and sang an unfamiliar song.

(AN: I encourage you all to listen to Tenerife Sea by Ed Sheeran while reading this part. I always imagine Zayn singing this song and I swear I get the most intense type of feels I've ever gotten in my life. It's perfect for his voice and the lyrics fit the story so much!!! Please listen to it!!!! :))

"You look so wonderful in your dress

I love your hair like that

The way it falls on the side of your neck

Down your shoulders and back

We are surrounded by all of these lies and people who talk too much

You got the kind of look in your eyes as if no one knows anything but us"

He was looking at me with those eyes again. His voice sounds so perfect. It was almost like the relaxing sound of the sea when it's night time.

"Should this be the last thing I see

I want you to know it's enough for me

'Cause all that you are is all that I'll ever need

I'm so in love, so in love

So in love, so in love"

Everyone was now slow-dancing around me, and I swear I've never felt so alone. I looked back at Zayn and he was staring at me again. He made me feel like he was with me, he made me feel like I was the only person in here, in a good way.

You look so beautiful in this light

Your silhouette over me

The way it brings out the blue in your eyes is the Tenerife Sea

And all of the voices surrounding us here

They just fade out when you take a breath

Just say the word and I will disappear into the wilderness

Should this be the last thing I see

I want you to know it's enough for me

'Cause all that you are is all that I'll ever need

I'm so in love, so in love

So in love, so in love

Lumière, darling

Lumière over me

Should this be the last thing I see

I want you to know it's enough for me'

Cause all that you are is all that I'll ever need

I'm so in love, so in love

So in love, love, love, love,

So in love

You look so wonderful in your dress

I love your hair like that

And in a moment I knew you, Babe."

Everyone cheered as Zayn finished the song. The DJ put the music back on and everyone waited for him to come down the tree house.

I was drowning into the sea of confusion. Was he singing the song for me?

I had Harry, and he still wasn't over Perrie. I didn't want to be a cheater, and I didn't want to be his rebound, either.

Do I like him? I don't know, but do I hate him as much as I did before? No.

Everyone was crowding around Zayn, and I could see that he was trying to look for me in the crowd.

I don't know what came into my mind, but I ran away from the house as fast as I could.

"Constance! Constance, wait!" I heard Zayn scream.

But in my head, my voice was louder.

"Faster! Run faster!" My inner voice said.

So I did. I didn't know where I was headed to, but I had to run away.

I had to stay away from him. I could not let these feelings take over me.

I cannot be a cheater, I cannot be his rebound.

I must not fall for him.

Hi guys!!!! This is probably my most favorite chapter yet, I don't know why.

But Zayn sang in public!!! Yaaaay!!!!! I jope you liked the song, by the way. It's also my fav song atm :)

What do you think of this chapter? Comment below!!! :)

Vote if you liked this chapter :)

I'll be updating in two to three days and things are getting more and more interesting!!!

I love you guys!!! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 6.9K 13
2 tom dylogii ,,Agony"
37.8K 2.5K 61
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲/𝐧'𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭-𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬/𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢�...
17.5K 586 27
روايه اماراتيه تتكلم عن مثايل وحيده امها وابوها الي عانت من الم الانفصال الام : نوره الاب : محمد تاريخ الكتابه : 19/3/2023 تاريخ التنزيل : ..
66.7K 3.7K 79
When shrivi goes home after a long time. Who doesn't have her parents' love and family's love for some reason. She had support from her grandmother...