IF... [BOOK I]

Von momushi

What if the world did not just revolve around you? What if the voices inside your head was not just childhood... Mehr

Preview
IF... prelude, huh?
IF... I was this lucky *sigh*
IF... it was just my imagination
IF... it was that easy. Tch!
IF... only it was her!
IF... I were stuck with you, then-- Nope!
If... people like you were around
IF... I could not help myself
IF... this is the state I am in
IF... there is an easy way out
IF... the cocoons hatch into butterflies
IF... I learn it the hard way
IF... the "versions" were truly myth?!
IF.. domination has many colour
IF.. to devour or not to devour, is the question
IF... it's not about me, then--
IF... catalysts are highly demanded
IF... pieces of puzzle are barely there
IF... it is closer than she thinks
IF... nakama ga irunda*
IF... the taste got me addicted
If.. the inner self plays guess
IF... it's easier said than done
IF... it's the only option
IF... option and decision on display
IF... lacking lackey is unlucky
IF... to rely on someone need courage
IF... I get a pass on you
IF... the muddled relationship comes into play
IF... this isn't like me--
IF... murder me, save me!
IF... we take things back in time
IF... a trivial mismove ruins all
IF... dirt digger digs you
IF... usable disposable
IF... the deal's legit de-lie-cious?!
IF... coward moves forward
IF... the mole is not dead yet!
IF... once upon a time
IF... sniff in, sniff out
IF... it's his breathtaking records
IF... it's his casual idiosyncrasies
IF... cards under one's sleeves
IF... shade shaded

IF... within the wave of waver

19 0 0
Von momushi

An old man wearing a suit and tie walked into a four times three meters office room. The sign at the door was written as "CEO".

The man whose age was around eighties went straight to a sofa at the corner of the room. He loosened up his tie and took a deep breath, like he had not breathe for a while.

A couple of minutes later, a St. Bernard breed suddenly showed up and sat close to his feet.

It probably waited patiently for its owner inside the room all this time.

The old man stroked the head of the large dog, as if praising it for being a good boy.

"Found anyone new, Zef?"

Woof! The dog barked as the respond of the old man's question.

The old man smiled as if he understood the dog's answer.

"I see. It's not that easy to find candidate who's strong and wilful enough, huh"

Woof! Woooof! Woof! The dog barked again, but this time followed by a whining. 

"Hm, you think so? Well, instead, I think that what makes us human interesting though" commented the old man now while standing up and walking toward his desk "We are weak, fragile and easily broken, even so, we look for ways to dominate and manipulate all things around us"

The dog did not interrupt the old man self lecture, instead followed after him obediently.

"We are probably the greediest, dirtiest creature in this earth, even god -- if he existed -- would be fed up with the way we carry out our life"

The old man opened the second drawer of his desk and took out a piece of frame made out of wood. He stared at the picture engraved inside it.

His eyes gave off the vibe of a death fish. Shallow, hollow, the kind that was not from this living world.

"Hey, Zef, I've been pondering about this for some time now" asked him toward the St. Bernard, while lifting the frame close to his front for it to see "Shall we give up everything and pursue it for real?"

The dog did not answer directly. Its quietness really made it like it properly thought over what the old man before it asked about.

The old man snickered toward the sudden silence "You seem hesitant, Zef. Are you still that attached to this?"

It's not just me, wuf! It's us to be precise, wuf!

The old man's eyes widen as a voice he had not heard for a while rang inside his head. He then closed his eyes while smiling.

He put the frame back where it was saved before and pushed the drawer back in.

"Yeah, you are right"

***

"Heh? 's tat so? Tat explains things then" mumbled Jack after hearing it himself from Diandra. That confirmed his suspicion, but it did not make him happy either.

"Yea-- wait! My office will be around that corner, I'm good if you drop me here"

"Naah, I'm droppin' ya right at yer front door" murmured him while looking at the sky, it was probably raining soon "Where to?"

"Ah-- hm. Please turn left at the next corner and you can just go straight ahead. Five minutes or so we'll arrive at my office" answered Diandra while feeling a little bit giddy, he might be a version, but he surely was Matthew's version "Sorry to trouble you"

"Thanks"

"Huh?"

" 's not [sorry to trouble ya], 's gotta be thanks"

"Oh-- eh! Th-- thanks, Jack!"

Jack was a little surprised when Diandra called on his name instead of Matthew's, suddenly his chest felt a little tight "Ta-- tat's nuttin'. Just do what Matt-boy wud do"

A few minutes after, they arrived at the front door of Diandra's office. She thanked him once more and excused herself from the car.

Jack was observing as she pushed the door open and walked out of his ride.

At that moment, he called on her. Diandra turned around in confusion.

"Tat, ya know, 's good ya know me, but don' mistake me and Matt-boy when us in public -- causin' chaos fer sure"

Diandra was smiling at Jack's concern, one that made Jack's -- or Matthew's -- chest tightened.

"I won't, Matt"

"Go-- good! Here, gimme yer number" ordered Jack while giving out his smartphone.

Diandra seemed to be confused by the gesture.

"Umm, didn't you have my number from the company profile?"

Jack was blushing hard from the commentary Diandra threw at him.

Ahhh, geez! Tis slow poke gonna be da death of us, Matt-boy!

"Tch! 'f course yer number's heckin' written there, but-- " answered Jack now converting to Matthew's way of speaking " --I'm asking whether I can personally call you out of office matters, Dia"

Realising what it meant, Diandra turned red from head to toe. She quickly took the phone from Jack's hand and typed her number in.

After giving the phone back to the owner, she nodded once again and speed-walked toward her office building.

Jack was looking at her going and chuckling on his own.

Ya ther', Matt-boy? Ya definitely missin' tis good event heh~ If ya not come out soon, I feel like stayin' forever and makin' her my own. Ya can't complain later, hah!

***

Diandra had just arrived at her office floor. She walked straight to her desk and took the shortest route -- she had been avoiding for a reason.

Yet, today she forgot about it all. Her mind was elsewhere.

This is not good, not good. I don't have the time to be swooned like this. Not when Alien-Sir issue hasn't been solved yet!

She was agonising over her recent behaviour. She was big time embarrassed by Jack's -- or Matthew's -- bittersweet act. It was not that she hated it. It was just might be not the best time for that.

She rubbed her forehead repeatedly, trying to get her mind back where it should be. Just then, she felt a strong presence from her behind.

She did not have time to look around when her back was touched by somebody.

"Hey, you've been avoiding me. That's cold" A whisper so close to her ear made her body frozen stiff.

She knew this voice a little too well. His breath grazed her nape's skin, brought a shiver all over her body.

Without further ado she turned her body around and quickly took a couple steps back from him.

There, in front of her, she saw the source of her terror standing, staring at her. His version -- Nero -- stayed at his side, grinning from side to side.

She could no longer stand the atmosphere. She planned to run away. Just then, an arm vastly grabbed her wrist and pulled her back to where she was before.

To prevent her from running away, the man slammed his hand against the wall and pinned her down against it.

She was surprised by the action and closed one of her eyes as the result. Hurt not, but noticeably surprised.

A famous kabedon* was performed at her -- but contrary to the popular belief -- she did not feel bashful, at all, instead she felt like dying. That instant.

--///-- 

Thanks for supporting us by voting and commenting. Very much appreciated.

Note (*):

Kabedon: "kabe" means wall, "don" is a sound produced when hitting a wall. In shoujo manga, this is a situation in which a guy slams his hand against the wall, pinning a girl against it. The proximity between them is so close that causes the heart to beat faster.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

177 27 28
This is an alternate sequel to the story Finding Myself. I never wrote a blurb for it....
694 90 25
I don't believe this stupid things love is just a waste of time ....the man disclaim But the fate has another plan for him .. And in a blink of seco...
11.4K 367 17
Heya guys so this is part 2 of my H20 Delirious X Reader book, if you haven't read my other H20 Delirious book I recommend it but WELCOME TO MY PART...
73.1K 2.4K 34
Sequel to "You're Mine, No One Else's." The description is written inside the book. Please make sure to give this book. and the first one a chance be...