When Her Mate Moves Into Town...

By SheLovesHerWords

Lane Connor. Adored by many and rightly so. Kind, at times to a fault, a smile that lights up any room she en... More

When Her Mate Moves Into Town(Authors Note)
When Her Mate Moves Into Town(Intro)
Chapter One- Whispers of Permission. *Edited*
Whispers of Permission- Ryders POV *Edited*
Chapter Two- What history we make in History. *Edited*
Chapter 3-Fourthly, fifthly and...sixthly? *Edited*
Chapter 4- Hope For Maybes *Edited*
Chapter 5- Caution: Chair Will Cause Blushing. *Edited*
Chapter 6- Relief in school. Safe? *Edited*
Chapter 7- Hospitals Gazebos and Hallways. *Edited*
Chapter 8- Holding Pinkies *Edited*
Chapter 9- Reminder: Thank the girl that pushed me over.
Chapter 10- Help. Looking for lost hickey.
Chapter 11- Sweet and Scary
Chapter 12- Ruining people. The good way.
Chapter 13- Tingles as a wakeup call. That's new.
Chapter 14- Next step? Why not?
Chapter 15- Can soon come sooner?
Chapter 16- We have an announcement. And another. Oh, and another.
Chapter 17- Life is great when things aren't great.
Chapter 18- Beating me at my own game. But hey, I'm a good sport.
Chapter 19- Now, now. Laney knows best.
Chapter 20- Lane meet Leah. The evil side.
NOT A CHAPTER! PLEASE READ!
Chapter 22- The moments, before the moment of truth.
Chapter 23 - Putting trust to the ultimate test.
Chapter 24 - Love from those just met.
Chapter 25- Ryders POV
Chapter 26 - Two day compromise ends quicker than expected.
Chapter 27 - Ever since you moved into town.
Chapter 28 - Epilogue
Bonus Chapter!
Not a new chapter.

Chapter 21- We Do Things Short 'Round Here.

15.2K 288 21
By SheLovesHerWords

After taking our showers, separately I might add, we enjoyed the rest of Carters party. It was such an amazing night. All of us just hanging out like old times. No stress, no worries, no problems.

You could tell that everyone really needed that and they definitely took advantage of the night and let loose because in the very back of all of our minds we knew that come tomorrow, it's back to business.

The next morning my eyes flutter open to the most beautiful thing that I have ever seen. Every time I look at him it's like the first time I saw him except for the fact that he looks better and better with each glance and stare. My heart skips 1, 2 maybe even 3 beats when I look at him. I can't believe that the man that stops my heart is the same one that keeps it going. I must've been a really good girl to get him as my mate.

Smiling, I try to slide out from his embrace but he won't budge.

I giggle softly and try once more but his arms tighten around me and next thing I know he's on his back and I'm laying on him. Hands on his chest; my legs between his.

"I'm letting you know now that if I ever wake up and you're not in this bed with me I will not be a happy Alpha, Mrs. Parker." Chase said jokingly but with an underlying tone and a look in his Sapphire specked eyes that meant he really wasn't playing around.

Still shocked from the sudden rearrangement of our bodies and because of the look in his eyes all I could do was nod.

Snapping out of it I turn my head on its side and look at him with a small smile.

"I'm not Mrs. Parker yet." My smile fading at the realization of that.

"A man can dream." He whispers; staring at my lips while softly grazing the lower one.

"Can he not?" He continues while tearing his eyes away from my lips to meet my awe-struck gaze.

How can he make me feel so loved and wanted with so little words?

He leans up and places a kiss on my lips. So gentle yet powerful enough for me to close my eyes from sweet pleasure. I open my eyes to see him still gazing at me.

"I guess." I say with a roll of my eyes and a sarcastic sigh.

He laughs and rolls us over so that I'm on the bottom.

"It's just- nevermind." I start but fear of embarrassment prevents me from finishing.

"It makes you sad that we're not married yet." He says more to himself then to me having read my thoughts.

"Why didn't you tell me this?" He asks; eyebrows furrowed together with guilt.

"Because it's silly. We've only just gotten engaged and we can't possibly get married now."

His confused look cuts off my explanation.

"I'm still your student Chase."

His mouth forms an "O" and I laugh.

"I know that our bond is more powerful than marriage but I want your name to be mine. I want to be Lane Parker." I say, cheeks flushing red. Man I really sound like a school girl that writes her crushes initials on her binder and tries out her first name with his last.

I look away expecting him to think me childish and laugh but he doesn't.

He grabs my chin and moves it to look into my eyes.

"It's not silly, Lane. As of now, only Weres know that you're mine. Once you have my name, humans will know it too. I can't wait till I get to hear people call you Lane Parker, or Mrs. Parker or Luna Parker." He says with a bright smile and a glint in his eyes.

I return the smile but feel even sillier now. We haven't even talked about setting a date yet and I'm feeling down.

Speaking of wedding dates.

"We're going to wait right?" I ask.

He nods with an angry look in his eyes knowing that I'm not talking about waiting for school to end but for a certain someone to be gone and out of our lives for good.

"I want it to be a happy day for you, for me, for the pack. I don't want that bastard running around in everyone's minds that day." He says sharply.

I hold his face in my hands and graze his cheekbones with my thumbs trying to calm him down.

He closes his eyes and leans into my left hand. Holding it and playing with my ring.

"I love you, Chase. You mean the world to me. Just having this ring, hell just having you call me yours is all I need. I was just being an emotional girl before. I can wait. We don't need a wedding to know that we will always love each other and that you'll always be mine. Because you will be, Chase. I don't care what you have to say about that." I say with a playful smirk.

He laughs whole-heartily.

"Yes ma'am!" He mock salutes me.

"But I think you should know that I'm never letting YOU go. So don't even think about trying to get away from me because I will go through hell and back to keep you mine." He says with a look filled with an intense love. An intense love that's meant for me. An intense love that's all mine.

"So we're on the same page then." I laugh.

"It seems that way." He smiles and kisses me with so much passion my toes curl.

Not in the least bit wanting to end our kiss I do.

He growls and attacks my mouth once more with his sinful lips.

He licks my bottom lip asking for entrance but I don't open for him.

He pushes me deeper into the bed and moves so that he can kiss me deeper. He asks for entrance once more but I know that if I do we'll never leave this bed and we have school.

"Lane!" He says fiercely against my lips.

I shake my head 'No'. Or try to.

"Open your mouth, Lane!" He growls.

I don't know what came over me but once that left his mouth I start laughing.

He pulls back and looks at me with a pained yet amused face.

"Lane?"

"I'm sorry for laughing, Chase. It's just we really need to get ready for school." I say trying to calm my laughter down.

"So you laugh?" He says with a barely there smile.

"Sorry. You were just so into it and you were getting so upset." I say holding back the laughter bubbling up in me.

He lays there for a little just looking at me and then shrugs.

"At least you weren't laughing at my performance. I know I'm good." He smirks and I roll my eyes.

"You're weird you know that?" He says playing with a strand of my hair.

"Yep." I say popping the 'P'.

"Good. Because I am too." He says pulling us both up and out of the bed with a silly smile on his face.

"Don't I know it." I laugh as we head into the bathroom to get ready for our day.

"And then she just pushed him into the pool!" Blake yells causing Ace and Carter to erupt in laughter as Riley and I just shake our heads.

I take a sip of my water tuning out the rest of Blake's story.

Just as I take another sip a thought punches its way into my head and I choke on my water.

I feel pats on my back and look up to see Riley giving me a worried look.

As soon as I have my breath back she stops and gives an amused look.

"You ok girl?"

"No." I whisper and shake my head fiercely looking over to the boys who were too much into their story to hear my cough attack.

She nods and stands up grabbing both of our bags in the process.

That gets the boys and of course Aces attention.

"Where you going, babe?" Ace asks with a confused expression.

"Girl talk." She says simply.

They all nod and continue talking.

"Come on, LC." She says nodding her head in the direction of the cafeteria doors.

I stand up, giving a little wave to the boys who looked up to give us a quick goodbye.

As soon as we got out of the doors and were in the schools hallway I freak out.

"We've never used protection!" I yell and after realizing my mistake I look around frantically to see if any students were roaming the halls but see none.

I breathe a sigh of relief and look up at Riley who's looking at me with shock from my mini outburst.

I take a deep breath and repeat myself but calmly and quieter.

"We've never used protection, Riley." I say looking at her and willing her to understand what I was talking about.

I start hyperventilating.

"Okay, Okay. Calm down, Lane." She says as she puts her hands on my shoulder.

"What if I'm preg-"

"LANE! Calm down! Take deep breaths."

I do as she says but the look of worry is still plastered on my face while Riley has a look of frustration on hers.

"Has anyone told you anything about procreating in our world?" She asks.

I shake my head 'No'. What's she getting at?

She sighs and shakes her head; removing her hand from her shoulders.

"Men." She says under her breath.

"Not even Mama Jane?" She asks.

"No. I guess it must have slipped her mind?" I guessed.

My worry is slowly being replaced with anger. I can't believe myself. I can't believe Chase. Why were we not smarter? If I am pregnant, I will love them no matter what but having kids while still in high school can be hard. I've seen it. Also, say I give birth and we all hide the fact that the baby is Chases, once we're out of school and we're married, won't people put two and two together?

"So I think I have an idea of where your thoughts have taken you. Don't blame Chase ok?" Riley says.

"But-"

"No don't. If anything, and I'm sorry to say this, blame your parents and brothers" She says sharply.

"No, this is my problem. I should have been smarter. Chase and I should've known better." I say in defense.

No way am I going to pin this on my family. I was the one that let my hormones get in the way.

"Well, that's true. I'm not gonna lie but...man your family really dropped the ball on this one. Your brothers and dad I get. They probably don't want to even think of their little angel having sex and have to explain baby making with you but Mama Jane should've said something."

I give her a confused look.

"You are so sheltered little one." She smiles.

"Lane, you're not pregnant."

I scrunch up my face and ask "How could you possibly know that?"

"It's not possible." She sighs and continues. "Lane, you can't get pregnant until your first heat."

My eyes widen. That seems so elementary and yet I had no idea about it. Why hasn't anyone told me about this? The anger starts to build up in me again so much so I can't find any words to say. Rather, my mouth just opens and closes every few seconds.

"I know. I feel you there, girl. But you see, that's why you can't be mad at Chase. It's the parents duty to tell their kids about that and I guess mama Jane had a little 18 year slip up." She laughs.

"Wow. Mom has some major explaining to do." I shake my head and give a short laugh.

Why hasn't my mom told me anything about this? All I know is that as soon as I get home, I'm finding out.

"What does she have to explain?"

Riley and I whip are heads around to see a confused looking B standing there.

"N-nothing." I say. How could I forget that my brother works here now?! My cheeks flush.

"Yeah, nothing." Riley says coolly and pushes B in the shoulder. "Butt out would yah, Officer Connor. This is girl talk that you're interfering with." She finishes with her hands on her hips and a look that screams 'I dare you to say another word.'

B just shrugs, pats both of our heads with a silly smile and walks towards the café.

"Carry on." He says,

As soon as the doors close behind him we both sigh in relief and slump against the wall.

We look at each other and burst out in laughter.

As we calm down I look at her with a look filled with thanks and she just nods.

"That was some heavy duty 'Girl Talk'." I say shaking my head after sharing a hug.

"Sure was. I think that one will last us for a while. We don't need one for at least another year!" She says and we both start laughing again and walk back into the café.

Man that was probably the shortest pregnancy scare in the history of the world. A bit dramtic? My apologies. But can you blame me? I was just on a rollercoaster of emotions and it wasn't a fun rollercoaster I'll tell you that.

This does build my trust in Chase though. Even more than I already trust him. He figured I knew about the whole heat thing. I have no doubt in my mind that if it weren't for the heat, we would have used protection. I wish I hadn't have let my emotions get the best of me before. I feel really bad that I doubted him. I need to apologize to him. He's knows what he's doing.

But me? If I were human this would've been far different.

You live you learn right? And my lesson didn't come with the consequences. Except for the panic attack. Boy am I blessed.

I would have been happy anyway. Having Chases kids would just add to my already incredibly happy life. The 'Cherry on top' if you will.

But for the sake of keeping the possibility of Chase and I being found out, let's just hope my heat comes once school is out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My excuse for the insanely late update?

My sister was visiting for a month and although I tried to write, everything that came out was crap!

I started writing a chapter and then just completly threw it out. I hope you guys like this chapter though.

I am VERY sorry for taking so long. Writers block definitely got the best of me. Hopefully not again, and if so, not for this long.

Hi to all of my fans! New ones as well. Thanks for everyone that has stuck with me. I really appreciate all the people who have added this story to your library, everyone that fanned, and all the comments, messages and votes. You guys are all freaking awesome!! Also, I'm not a big fan of the news feed on here because I love replying to all of your comments but the news feed gets so busy that I can't see when people have commented so please give me time to get back to those of you who have. I have to go through all the chapters to find them.

Once again, thanks to each and every one of you! :)

Vote, Comment, Fan. If you want! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 49 23
"WYNTER GET YOUR ASS BACK INSIDE THIS HOUSE! I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE. DON'T MAKE ME COME AND GET YOU!!" The male voice shouted. I can't let him see...
1.6M 36.7K 33
THIS STORY IS GOING TO BE EDITED! IF YOU HAVE ALL READY READ THIS STORY I SUGGEST YOU JUST ARCHIVE IT BECAUSE I WILL CHANGE LOTS OF THINGS IN IT! ALS...
Madam Mafia By Nana

Teen Fiction

13.5M 354K 88
Rose Amor is the school nerd. She wears big black glasses and keeps her long black hair in a ponytail. She stays out of drama and keeps to herself. S...
10.3K 420 41
(Complete) Ryder is a teenaged boy in foster care. his parents died when he was two and was put into the foster system. He has bounced from one home...