The Curse of Espeon and Umbre...

By ScribbleKingdom

Is it really true love? After everyone left to pursue their dreams, what if everyone came back to Lumiose, to... More

Chapter 1: Cursed Failures
Chapter 2: The Sun and the Moon
Chapter 3: Worries and Flurries
Chapter 4: A Star Still Shining Bright
A/N
Chapter 5: The Nightmarish Dream
Chapter 6: The Truth Behind Lies
Chapter 7: Uncovering the Unordinary
Chapter 8: Golden Sunshine (Part 1)
Chapter 8: Golden Sunshine (Part 2)
A/N
Chapter 9: Broken Smile
Chapter 10: Frozen Fears
Chapter 11: Rusted Silver
Chapter 12: Magic Moments
Chapter 13: Friendly Meetup (Part 1)
Chapter 13: The Friendly Meetup (Part 2)
A/N
Chapter 14: Coming Clean (Part 1)
Chapter 14: Coming Clean (Part 2)
Chapter 15: Amour the Battle! (Part 1)
Chapter 15: Amour the Battle! (Part 2)
Chapter 15: Amour the Battle! (Part 3)
Chapter 16: The Meaning of Friendship (Part 1)
A/N
I GOT TAGGED!!!
Chapter 16: The Meaning of Friendship (Part 2)
Chapter 17: Swimming Stream
I got tagged! (again)
Chapter 18: Shining Truth
Chapter 19: Midnight Blossom
Chapter 20: New Discoveries
Chapter 21: Forgotten
Chapter 22: Flood of Fear
Chapter 24: My Heart And Soul
Epilogue
Coming Soon.... (and a thank you message)

Chapter 23: Finally Knowing

528 14 32
By ScribbleKingdom

Hi everyone!!  SylveonKwami here.

I'm excited to present to you all this chapter.  I'm sure you're anxious to read it too after what happened at the end of last chapter!!  Anyways, I know you want to know what happens, so I won't waste time talking here.

Here is chapter 23, enjoy.  Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked it!!

Enjoy OwO

Ash

"SERENA!" Ash called out again, scrambling to get up.  He ran beside the river, the rapids splashing against his ankles.  "SERENA!"

"A-Ash...!"

Quickly, he turned his head towards the source of the sound.  There, in the middle of all the water, was Serena, desperately struggling to keep herself afloat.  She was clearly trying to swim back to the shore, but with all the water tossing her around she couldn't.  "Ash!" she called again, coughing a little as some water entered her mouth.

"Serena, hold on, I'm coming!" Ash replied, thinking to himself of a way to safely enter the water.  It wouldn't be any use if they both drowned.  He looked around and spotted a branch, which was probably snapped off its tree by the wind.  Rapidly picking it up, he ran over to the edge of the bank, holding it out to his love.

"Serena, grab hold!" he yelled, the wind and rain battering them both.  She could see the branch, and wildly tried to swim up to it.  It took a few minutes for her to reach it, and Ash had to grab hold onto a nearby tree to keep him steady.  Eventually, Serena made it to where she was about to grab hold of the wood.

"Now, Serena!" Ash yelled, trying to thrust it closer to her.  Serena nodded and reached out her hand...

And then a mighty wave came up and took her away.  

"NO!  SERENA!" He screamed, dropping the stick and running along the bank, waiting for her to resurface.  Stupid.  You need that stick to save her!  Go back and get it!

...no.  I should wait for her to be above the water again.

So, he waited for about a minute, silently hoping, praying, anything, that his love would be okay.

A minute passed and nothing happened.

Screw everything.  "Serena, I'm coming!" Ash yelled, and took a deep breath.  He took a couple steps back, then ran up and dived into the water.

At first, all he felt was the icy cold that crept up on his back.  His eyes stung so bad, but he knew that he had to keep them open to search.  He used the last of his strength to push himself through the rough waters, loose, sharp stones pelting him on the way.  The only reason he knew he was hurt was because he started to see small clouds of blood in the water.

Ash put a determined look on his face, and pushed through the water.  After a minute or two, he saw a small figure floating in the water; of course, this turned out to be Serena.  He took her into his hands as gently as he could, and thrust them above the water.  He resurfaced a moment later, practically gulping for air.  Making sure Serena was secure, he slowly made his way to the bank, and climbed out.  He was cold, wet, exhausted, but there was only one thing on his mind: Serena.

"Serena, talk to me, please," he begged her, but she just lay motionless in his palm.  Her eyes were closed, and she didn't... appear...

"Serena, open your eyes dammit!" he pleaded, sobbing.  "Please, Serena.. this isn't funny... please...." Ash fell to his knees and started crying, keeping Serena close to his chest as he cried.  He screamed his heart out, begging, pleading anything, anyone, to come and save her.  

"Please, Serena... what happened to the days when we said that we would travel together?  The days when we said that we would never leave each other?  The day when you told me you loved me, the day when I told you that I loved you too?  What happened to all those moments we were going to share, all of our dreams that were supposed to come true?  Serena.. please... I'm begging you..." Ash's voice trailed away as he realized what had just happened.

Serena...

Serena was dead.

Lovely, sweet Serena.

Dead.

"Ash!"

Ash turned around warily, his eyes narrowing.  Behind him stood Brock and Clemont, both of them panting.

"Ash what..." Clemont's voice trailed away as Ash looked away from him.  "Ash.. you're hurt!" he exclaimed, rushing over to his friend.  "Ash-"

"She's dead, Clemont," Ash said hoarsely, his voice raw.  "She- she.. I-I couldn't s-save her-"

"What?  Who-" Clemont stopped as he saw Serena's body resting in Ash's hands.  "Oh no.  No no no no no."

Brock rushed over, clearly trying to keep calm.  "Ash, we can still save her!  We can try CPR, we can-"

"What's the point?" Ash said bitterly.  "She's dead.  I loved her so, so much and now she's dead."

Clemont was crying too, but looked at Ash firmly.  "Ash, give her to me.  We can try and save her.  She can live again."

"N-No, I-I can't l-lose her a-again-" Ash hiccuped, sobbing.  "She- I-"

"Listen to Clemont," Brock soothed, placing a hand on his shoulder.  "E-Even if we can't save her, maybe we can get her awake long enough to give you two a proper goodbye."

Brock instructed Ash to take a deep breath, and he did, mentally counting to ten.  He took one last look at Serena's body, his heart twisting.  Looking straight at him, he held out Serena to Clemont.

"P-Please.. save her," Ash begged him.

"I'll do my best," Clemont told him.

"Come now, Ash, we should get you back to camp.  You have scratches all over you, and you're shivering and soaked to the bone.  You could catch a real bad cold with those.  Come on, let's get you out of the rain," Brock said, holding out a hand to Ash, who made no moves.

"I-I want to stay with h-her," he stuttered.  "Wh.. What if she wakes up?"

"Then I will bring her back to you," Clemont said firmly.  "But Ash, you really need to go."

Without letting Ash get another word in, Brock pulled up his old friend, and keeping a firm grip on his arm, he slowly started to lead him out of the forest.  Ash looked down the entire walk, slowly starting to feel the effects of running out into the cold and wet.  It wasn't a long walk, which he was grateful for... though, in reality, he couldn't feel anything.  His heart and soul were with Serena.. and now that she was gone, they went away with her.  He was empty.

Everyone started crowing up to him, but Brock quickly shooed them away, placing Ash in his tent.  He came back a moment later with some blankets and some dry clothes to change into.  Eyes blank, he did what Brock told him to do, and physically, he started to feel a little better.  Mentally, he started feeling worse.

He clutched the blankets to his chest, crying his eyes out.  Even when they felt dry, tears continued to fall.  A couple of moments later he heard small footsteps enter the tent, and for a split second he thought it to be Serena.  He turned his head, but it was merely Pikachu making his way towards the trainer.  Ash completely abandoned the blankets and held Pikachu close, letting his partner snuggle against him as he cried out his loss.

"Why.. why was I so stupid?" he yelled at himself, angry.  "I should've known.  Why did it take me so long to figure out that Serena is my everything."

Pikachu let out a calming noise, static electricity from his cheeks giving Ash some warmth.

Sleep did not come easy to him that night, but when it did, it was filled with a black empty nothingness.

Just like his heart and soul.

Empty.

... yes.  This is the end of the chapter.  

Yes.  What you just read actually happened.

And yes.  I did cry while writing this.  If you didn't feel any sort of emotion while reading this, you are an alien and have entered from another planet.

One chapter left, what do you think will happen?

On another note.  You know the update schedule I posted on the last chapter?

Yeah.. I think I have to scrap that.  Sorry >v<;;

But.  I will say one thing (this one is definitely true this time)

The story will be finished before the end of the month.  On March 30th, my one year anniversary, expect something special.

Anyway, I will actually end the chapter here.  Have a nice day/night!!

Stay tuned ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 218 12
As part of ghost hunting society Mai investigates a high school and as a result, finds herself being haunted by the ghost of a teenager called Naru w...
621K 25.7K 62
❝I wish we had more time together❞ In which Yeoreum was tied to a mafia leader named Lee Donghyuck. ▂ COMPLETED ➱ MAFIA x SOULMATE AU UNTITLED UNIVER...
20.6K 1.4K 61
It is a fanfiction so please don't take things too seriously. It is FICTION. Haruto top Junkyu bottom " Does your heart race when you are with me...