Devastating Love [Vrene story]

Galing kay winters_rain10

"If that's the only way that I could have her, I would lock her inside forever." "Our love is devastating all... Higit pa

Foreword
Chapter 1 - Burying our real feelings
Chapter 2 - Their very first meeting
Chapter 4 - The contract
Chapter 5 - When our heart first beat for one another
Chapter 6 - The first outburst
Chapter 7 - The Inevitable Wedding
Chapter 8 - Love Letter
Chapter 9 - A Step into the Past
Chapter 10 - A Step into Your Past
Chapter 11 - A Step Into the Magic Shop
Chapter 12 - A Step into your heart
Chapter 13 - It's only a fake love
Chapter 14 - The heartbreaking pasts
Chapter 15 - Memory Lane
Chapter 16 - Calm before the storm
Chapter 17 - Vulnerable Us
Chapter 18 - A Closure
Chapter 19 - The Truth
Chapter 20 - Ephemeral Separation

Chapter 3 - An Offer

698 38 3
Galing kay winters_rain10

Taehyung made a trip back to the Kim Mansion after watching Joohyun reached home safely. He needed to retrieve something he had left in his room years ago. As he opened the door and walked into the mansion that was filled with woeful silence, he was welcomed by the maidservants. They were sending signs to him to not enter the main living room. Almost instantly, he got the signal and tried to make his way towards the long flight of stairs to his room but he was stopped by a grumpy voice.

"Look at him, he doesn't even want to greet us now," Mrs. Kim purposely said loud enough to draw her son's attention.

"Appa, eomma..." Taehyung bowed as he walked towards them. "I didn't know you all are back from Boston."

"Of course you don't," Mrs. Kim sneered. "I bet you don't even remember today was your wedding announcement. I'm sure Jimin would have preempted you beforehand." She rolled her eyes, annoyance laced in her mocking smile. "Your fiancée was there, Kim Taehyung."

"Her presence, our attendance was originally not in the agenda," Taehyung's brow furrowed.

Mr. Kim knew his son's patience was wearing thin, he paced up to Taehyung and held on his shoulder before whispering "she purposely made adjustment to her schedule in the States to attend today's press conference but unexpectedly the groom to be was missing in action." He nudged on his son's side body, "your eomma was furious this afternoon."

Suppressing his vexed face expression, he said "Thought you both would have stayed at hyung's place a little longer if not I would have make some arrangement with the PR team."

"I've arranged it but you chose to be an escapee," his mother was very upset and didn't want to stop.

"Tch! Eomma..." Taehyung gave a grimace of irritation which earned him a smack on his back from Mr. Kim.

"behave..." the older man muttered and walked up to his wife, holding on the small of her back "go up and rest, you didn't even rest a bit since we touched down this morning."

Turning over to Taehyung with a hard glare, Mrs. Kim scoffed "look at us, two old abandoned parents. The first one went to Boston for the violin and another who is in Korea don't even come back to check on us after moving out. How pathetic we are..."

"Ya, ya, ya, quickly go up and rest," Mr. Kim escorted his grumpy wife towards the flight of stairs. Turning over to his youngest son, he smiled teasingly "Happy seeing her transformed into an angry mama?"

A smile grew on his face before looking up again at his father, "It wasn't my intention at all, I came back to get something only."

"Do you have some time to spare for this 'old abandoned man'" he imitated Mrs. Kim's tone.

Taehyung nodded his head with a smile and followed Mr. Kim to the topiary garden of the mansion. "I was brewing some tea before you came back and your mum's fussy voice drew my attention."

"How is hyung in Boston?" Taehyung asked before taking a sip on the tea.

"Great of course," Mr. Kim shrugged and the earlier smile on his face disappeared. "I mean, that's what he loves most, other than great I don't even know what other word I can describe him."

"You miss having him around."

Crossing his arms before his chest, Mr. Kim sighed "wouldn't it be good if he could work with you in YJ Group? Then you wouldn't be so overwhelmed with work. I'm getting old, there'll come a time when I need to step down."

"But you can't bear watching hyung suffer doing something he doesn't like, aren't you?"

Mr. Kim smiled "why do I feel you sound sour?"

Taehyung's brow raised upon hearing his father's remark "I'm not after all that's what I'd opted, architecture is the most beautiful thing I'd ever encountered."

"With the ability and influence we have in the industry, you know well that it's not necessary to have a stronger connection with Seoul Investment Bank," the old man eyed concernedly at his son who was forced to be mature faster than anyone has to be. "I never expect you to accept your eomma's wedding arrangement without giving an attempt to against it."

"Perfectly fine with it," he patted on the dorsum of his father's hand. "Not that I'm seeing anyone."

"If that's what you want, I won't comment more. How's SH Enterprise doing, I heard that your uncle has been giving them some hard time."

"None of your concern, I'm in control of it." He didn't want his father to be worried with works when all he has to do now is free from stress.

"You know, I treasure this friend a lot. Uncle Bae may not be as influential or reputable as us, but back then when I was nothing and have none of these things, he was there for me," Mr. Kim smiled gratefully upon recalling the strong friendship he shared with Mr. Bae

Taehyung clasped hands tightened upon the mention of Mr. Bae, he wasn't sure if he should tell his father about his buddy's condition.

"Make sure things don't go overboard with Young Chul."

"No worries, I'll ensure uncle don't get to touch SH Enterprise anymore."

"Uncle Bae has a lovely daughter, I always wanted to tie a red string on either you or your brother," punching on his palm, Mr. Kim eyed at Taehyung "you could have sound me earlier that you are fine with arranged marriage."

Taehyung gulped, "his daughter has a strong character, he wouldn't accept such irrational arrangement."

"You don't even know her well, who are you to say that?"

Taehyung was about to say something but the beeping sound of his phone diverted his attention as he received a new email from his lawyer, the draft agreement was ready.

-

"Joohyun-ah," Mrs. Bae held on her hand delicately "I have found someone who could save us, save our business."

Joohyun looked at Mrs. Bae, her eyes were shimmering with hope "Really, that's good. Who is that, one of appa's business partner?"

"But he has a condition and only you can fulfill this."

"Me?" she frowned, not understanding what she could offer to make this deal sealed.

"Kim Taehyung's condition, is you. He wants you."

Joohyun eyes widened when she heard the name. She instantly withdrew her hand from her mother and it began to trembled in fear.

"Eomma, what are you talking about," her voice was shaking "do you mean Uncle Kim is willing to help us."

"Honey, no," Mrs. Bae grabbed hold on Joohyun's tiny hands again "Mr. Kim is still away from office resting after his heart surgery. Now only his son, Kim Taehyung could save us and all he wants is you."

"Eomma, why would he want me there's nothing that I can offer. Besides, he hated me we are not even friends did you misunderstand him?"

"Every man is greedy and desirous, they just want to play till the very last minute before they tie themselves down with a marriage. Any woman would be fine for them."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Joohyun-ie, just one-night eo...just give yourself to him one night and our problems will be resolved. You can do it right?"

Joohyun pushed off her mother's hand and stood up, raging "Eooma, are you telling me to sleep with him in order to get his help? How could you say that, how could you even accept such unbearab..."

Before she could complete her words, a slap landed on her fair face. It was so hard that it made her fell on the couch. The tears in her eyes were threatening to fall, she wasn't even sure was it because of the stinging pain on her face or her broken heart.

"Joohyun-ah, why can't you just be obedient when I'm telling you in such a good way?" Mrs. Bae asked before grabbing hold on Joohyun's hair and pulled her up from the couch. "All these years what you have contributed to the family?" she tapped on her face continuously, "all you have done is wasting your time at your eemo's hopeless orchestra."

Joohyun was sobbing while holding on Mrs. Bae's wrist trying to stop her mother but it only made it worst as she continued to hit her, whichever part of her body that she could reach.

"Do you even know how terrible the situation is now," the older woman took hold of a cane and swung it on Joohyun's back causing her squealed in pain. "You feel the pain now? That's how I felt knowing your appa would rather die than watching his company fall."

"I'm sorry eomma, but I can't do it, not Kim Taehyung," Joohyun wept as she shook her head "I'll try to speak to Uncle Kim, he would help us."

Another strike hit on her arm viciously, "if you could throw yourself to him in the past why not now, you are just a filthy slut!" she pulled the weak Joohyun up and another slap landed on her face again, "Do you know how much your eemo's medical cost, if we are to announce bankruptcy, who is going to pay for it? You will kill your own..."

"STOP!!!" Taeyeon cried out when she saw Mrs. Bae about to hit Joohyun again. She knew her mother in law was near to revealing something she would regret. "Eomma, it's enough. You would kill Joohyun if you continue to hit her." She held on the cane.

"Make a prudent choice, Bae Joohyun. You have to do it." Mrs. Bae threw the cane on the floor and left the living room.

Helping her up, it was then that Taeyeon could see how red Joohyun's face was, the younger woman was avoiding her stare. "What happened, why did she do this again?"

Joohyun shook her head while wiping her tears with her thumb and index finger, "don't let oppa know about this. Eomma was just too stress." The tears never stopped flowing down her face.

"Let me help you up, go take a shower and I'll put ointment on your blister," Taeyeon sighed.

After taking her shower, Taeyeon made the stubborn young lady to get on the bed. Gently applying the ointment on her swelling face, Taeyeon could see a grimace formed on her face "what did you said that could provoked eomma to an extent to hit you this badly and it's not the first."

Joohyun shook her head and a tear dropped on her clenched fist, Taeyeon knew she was trying to control herself not to cry. "What was she saying back there, do what?"

"Unnie, don't worry about me, I would take care of it," she sniffled while rubbing on her nose. "Ahh..." she yelped when her sister in law purposely pressed on the blister on her arm.

"If you could take care of it, you won't be so ruined now," Taeyeon frowned. "Joohyun-ah, you are a grown-up now, she can't be still abusing you like those days when you're still a high-schooler. Talk to your oppa, he needs to know."

Reaching out her arms to the lady before her who is just as small as she is, she pulled her into a hug, "Unnie-ah, let me deal with this. There're too many things that oppa need to take care of for now, let's not bother him with such trivial matter."

Taeyeon sighed heavily, "promise me, don't just sit still and let her hit you," she held on Joohyun's shoulder "you need to fight back when it gets too nasty."

Joohyun nodded her head with a sweet smile, she didn't want Taeyeon to be bothered with her problems.

"and you could still smile!" she pinched on her nose.

-

At the crack of dawn after his visit to one of the new project show room, Jimin went back to the office knowing his childhood friend would be there. Ever since Taehyung joined YJ Group, he moved out from the Kim Mansion and stayed at his penthouse in Hannam The Hill. Due to his workaholic nature, he would work in the office from dawn till dusk. After stepping up to the position of Vice President of the group, Jimin has advised him to build a room which is similar to a studio apartment next to his office so that he could rest.

"VP Kim..."

"Come in, you have the password."

"Unbelievable, you are still sober," Jimin remarked.

"Amazing that you know how to knock for the first time," Taehyung retorted.

Jimin giggled, "very funny ha." He took a seat opposite the dark-haired man, "I went to your house and I thought I would be welcomed by a whoredom sight, you know."

Taehyung rolled his eyes, agitated "Park Jimin, you're invading my privacy. Stop coming to my house freely."

"Well you never complain those days and I presume you are fine with it. After all, I'm just ensuring that you're not knock down by alcohol all alone at home." he leaned on the couch. "But I'm surprised you are not with some random girl out there."

"I was at Yoon Hwa Orchestra and she almost barged into my room when I was asleep," Taehyung stated, remembering how fast his heart beat when he saw her eyes through the small gap of the opened door.

"Woah...you didn't lock the door?" Jimin eyes widened.

"Too tired hence the carelessness," he rubbed his face, wearily.

Jimin shook his head, "I don't get it at all, one minute you would hate her so much but the next second it's like you would be dead if she is out of your sight. I wonder how you would survive if she chooses Boston."

"Where are you going?" Taehyung was surprised to see his friend heading towards the exit.

"Home to sleep, I just wanted to make sure you are okay that's why I came." Slipping his hands into his pants pocket, Jimin informed "the showroom is ready, all you need to do is be there to launch it on the 24th. Remember, I'm not around. Kibum hyung would assist you on that day."

"Wait, I just forwarded you an email. Check on it."

Swiping on his Iphone X, he checked on the new email in his mailbox. When he was reading the attached document, Taehyung could see the change of expression on his face. He knew his friend was angry. After Jimin finished reading, Taehyung was right as he was fuming with indescribable anger.

His eyes darted straight at the seated relaxed man, "neon michyeosseo? Are you insane, what's this ridiculous agreement about, what are you up to?" he bombarded him with countless questions. "Answer me!"

Taehyung stood up from the couch, "her family needed my help, I'm the only person who could help them now."

Jimin seethed at his reply, he was infuriated by the inconceivable agreement he just read. "So, you're telling me that you would threaten her to bow down to you just because her family need help?" brushing his fringe to the back, exasperated "Kim Taehyung, do you still remember you are getting married soon? What do you want to get out of this damned relationship that you are about to start?"

"Her mother offered her to me."

"You can reject it!! Damn it!!" turning his head side to side, Jimin bit on his lower lip "Joohyun wouldn't say yes."

"Family is her priority."

"Idiot, you are playing with fire. Could you even control yourself? She's different with those random women which you paid to serve you. You are using them to ease the pain that caused by that nightmare which is haunting you for years."

"I'm paying her to serve me too. It's about time for her to pay the price for what she did seven years ago," Taehyung said as a matter of fact.

"You and I know very well that's not exactly what you feel, you're going to hurt yourself even more."

"My heart was already dead long ago!" Taehyung's deep and husky voice pained Jimin's heart.

Grabbing hold on the collar of the taller man's shirt, Jimin pulled Taehyung "don't do it, you will regret. You are only making things worse. Seeing Namjoon is the best way to heal you, by doing this it's not going to help."

Looking at his friend with his inscrutable eyes, "for Bae Joohyun, you are going to hit me?"

"That's because I care about you, Kim Taehyung," the latter pushed the expressionless man on the couch. "Do you know how much I hate what you'd turned into? I'd watched you grown, I'd seen you fell for her and I witnessed how you changed into a lunatic moron. Do you even remember what you told me eight years ago? You said with that f-ing mouth of yours that you would never be your parents' puppet but you are doing the exact opposite way now!"

"Are you trying to tie her with this contract so that she won't go to US?" Jimin queried.

"I just need her," Taehyung voice was emotionless. "I need her to feel the same pain that I'm experiencing."

"You are crazy," Jimin held on his aching temple, "how sure are you that she would come?"

Taehyung remained silent.

-Spring 2010-

It was Taehyung first day being transferred to Seoul Performing Arts High. After completing all the admission papers, he followed his new homeroom teacher to the classroom. He was screening through the school surrounding, indeed it was a reputable school. Most of the students came from family with respectable and reputable business and these kids are the next in line to take over the empires, some are children of notable government high ranked officers and politicians.

"Attention," the class president stood when the teacher stepped into the classroom. "Bow," all the students bowed.

He bowed to the students of class 3-1, "This is a new transferred student." He turned to him and said "introduce yourself."

Whispers and murmurs were echoing in the class, they all know this new boy.

"He's one of the heirs of YJ Group..."

"The son of the richest man in Korea..."

"Heard that he was expelled by his previous school..."

"He's a troublemaker who fights a lot..."

The teacher cleared his throat and silenced the students, "Since when did you all became reporters who spread rumors, is that your ambition?"

The blonde-haired boy bowed and gave his introduction, "Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Kim Taehyung. It's not my intention to come to this school so just pretend that I'm invisible will do. Thank you."

"Wow, that's cool..." a boy was amazed by Taehyung's curt introduction.

"Park Jimin, you have a problem there?"

"Of course not, Mr. Park Leeteuk."

"Go ahead and take the seat behind Park Jimin," Leeteuk pointed at the two empty seats behind Jimin.

Looking at the seat Leeteuk showed, Taehyung asked "Mr. Park, can't I take the seat beside Jimin?"

"Strict order from the President that you have to be partnered with one of the student council member for tutoring," Leeteuk murmured.

"Great!" Taehyung rolled his eyes and swung his bag to his back before sauntering to the last seat in the class.

"Welcome, Young Master Kim," Jimin teased. Turning over his shoulder, he whispered to Taehyung "your seat is a hot seat, be grateful that you are sitting on that chair. Look at those fanboy's fiery eyes."

"Is a chic sitting next to me?" Taehyung sulked.

The bell rang indicated the first half session of the school has ended and it was break time. Taehyung got up from his seat and leaned on the empty table on Jimin's right.

"Shall we go for tteokbokki?"

"Woah, it's only your first day and you are planning to escape the remaining classes?" Jimin queried with a teasing questioning smile.

"We can't go out and come back?"

"Brother, no school allows that okay, you just invented your own rules," Jimin shook his head while packing up his books. "We have a great cafeteria that serves decent food. So, you're right we can't get out from the school till the last bell rings to end the day."

Taehyung rolled his eyes, irritated.

"So, it took you one and a half year to be expelled by all the fourteen schools in Seoul?"

"I know, it's a remarkable record," Taehyung nodded his head, proudly.

"What's with this rebellious demeanor and all the troubles you'd stirred up over the years?" Jimin folded his arms, "What are you trying to prove? Planning to be a fighter in future?" he waited for him to respond.

"Well..." the bigger frame boy heaved a heavy sigh, "I just wanted them to know, I won't walk on the road that they have paved for me. At the very least, I want them to know I won't be their puppet. I'll live a life that I want."

"But architecture is your strength, you would still cross-path with your father. From what I see, it's more like you are punishing your mother." The hazelnut-colored hair boy stood up and patted on the taller boy shoulder, he was serious "Don't let that nightmare haunt you for life. You need to get out from it."

Avoiding the same topic which he had nagged him for years, Taehyung queried "So, who's my neighbor?"

"Well, she is the smartest and most popular queenka in the school. One of the tutors in the student council."

"And that gives her the privilege to skip all the classes?"

"Of course not, she and Namjoon hyung were excused for the first half of the day as they have to take over all the tasks from your brother as the new committee members of the student council."

"Namjoon hyung is the student council new president?"

"Speak of the devil," Jimin eyed at the front door of the class.

"I shouldn't have listen to you. I just put on more burden on my shoulder," Namjoon whined as he pulled the sliding door for the girl to enter first.

"Yah, are you going to be a baby and whine for the whole day?" the girl whom her hair was tied in a bun smiled sweetly at the whiny tanned skin boy.

"Don't show me that smile, I'm not going to fall for it the second time," Namjoon complained.

"Well you fell into it already," she lowered her head with a fine smile.

"Namjoon hyung!!!"

"Eo...Taehyung-ah," Namjoon walked up to the two boys and gave his old friend a brotherly hug. "I've forgotten today is your first day." He put the books on the table next to Jimin.

"You sure do, you were busy chatting with that chic." Taehyung teased.

Turning to the girl who was placing her books on her table, Namjoon said "Let me introduce, she's one of the student council tutor..."

Before Namjoon could finish, Taehyung has cut him off "Bae Joohyun, right?"

"How do you know her name?" both Jimin and Namjoon asked with innocent curiosity filled in their eyes.

Joohyun recognized that voice and when she looked up, her eyes widened to see the boy who stole a kiss from her at the arcade game shop. "Why are you here, whose bag is this?" she pointed at the bag next to her seat.

"The person that you miss most," Taehyung winked mischievously knowing she would be irritated by him within seconds. "Well I'm your new neighbor and I was informed by Mr. Park that you'll be my tutor during my entire senior year here."

Her brows furrowed, "Kim Namjoon, come with me," she made her way towards the back-door of the class.

"What, I just came in to settle down," Namjoon frowned but followed her obediently.

"You know her?" Jimin was curious. "Yah Kim Taehyung, from whom did you learn that line, I don't remember you being a flirt in the past."

"This world is too small, what a fate we have here," Taehyung licked his dried lips whilst watching the annoyed girl who was keep pushing up her glasses brim. She was eyeing at Taehyung every now and then while talking to Namjoon. He waved to her with a playful smile.

"What's with that smile?" Jimin was disgusted with the new sight of his close friend.

"I just have that interest to disturb her, she gives me great reaction."

Jimin snorted, "don't play too much with fire, the guys are pretty protective when it comes to her."

-

"Eomma, I'm back..." Joohyun removed her shoes and placed it into the cupboard before putting on the purple furry slippers.

"Come over," Mrs. Bae voice was firm and strict. Joohyun instantly knew she is in trouble again. Before she could give her greetings, she could feel the cane strike on her arm. "I've told you countless times not to do anything in the office. Are you craving for attention that much? Why did you prepare a proposal when your brother is already doing one?"

Joohyun was holding back her tears, "Appa wanted me to help oppa on it, I just did part of it."

"And those parts are the key items that your father was so impressed with," another strike landed on her other arm. Joohyun tried to stop her but Mrs. Bae's strength was too strong for her. It made her even angrier and kept hitting on the poor girl who was already weeping in pain.

"I'm telling you one last time, do not try to impress your father. Baekhyun is the sole heir to SH Enterprise even if he doesn't want to, your cousin Kim Jumyeon would take the lead!!" cupping on her tears-drenched face, she warned "and be a good tutor in school. Tutor that rich boy well, araso!"

-Autumn 2018-

Joohyun jolted up from her bed. Beads of cold sweat was dripping down from her forehead. She was once again awakened by the nightmare of the past. Her eyes were blinded by the glaring sunlight that was seeping in through the window. Taeyeon had volunteered to replace her at the hospital and persuaded her to stay at home given her current condition, it was best not to be outdoor. Touching gently on the red marks on her arm, she knew it would take some time for it to fade. She had insomnia last night, her mother words were ringing in her head without a stop. She was pondering very hard whether to call that one person she has avoided all these years. Turning to the clock hung on the wall, it was slightly after lunch hour.

The vibration of her phone woke her from deep thoughts, it was a text message from her mother.

[It's about time...]

Joohyun held tightly on the phone and brought it to her chest, her whole body was quivering. "I can't...I really can't..." endless tears made its way down to her cheeks.

-

"Can someone tell me how long she has been cleaning those tables?" Seungwan queried her staff.

"I lost track too, quite some time already," Alice answered. "I told her that I'd cleaned it this morning but Joohyun unnie insisted to clean another round."

Walking up to her stubborn friend, Seungwan held on her wrist "stop it already, even if your hands are not tired, my tables are tired of you."

Joohyun chuckled, "can spare me some time to answer a few questions?"

"Have I ever say no to you?" Seungwan smiled.

Drinking on her cup of chamomile tea, Joohyun pursed her lips "would you sacrifice yourself for someone?"

The sunset-colored hair lady looked at her with raised brow, "Sacrifice like what?"

"Anything...for instance, this particular person that you care about is in trouble and only you could save this person, would you sacrifice anything just to help this person."

"I guess it's all depends on what you need to sacrifice and who that person is. If that little sacrifice you make and you could gain something great in return, I think is worth it..." Seungwan rested her elbow on the table and have chin on her palm. "You've seen how much I sacrificed for him. Come to think of it now, it was pure innocence but I'd never regret it."

"Because you love him?"

"Yes, at least at that point of time, I really do love him and so do he."

"Love, that's a strong feeling," Joohyun puffed. "Thank you, I know what I need to do."

"Yah, what do you want to sacrifice?"

"Nothing..."

Holding on her phone, she started drafting on the message that would leads her into a life which is in a state of disarray.

-

Meanwhile Taehyung who was in the midst of having the monthly financial meeting, his attention was averted to his vibrated phone. He seldom will look at his phone especially when Jimin is also involved in the meeting. But today, he had waited since morning for the familiar number. Jimin had noticed how fast he replied the text message and almost instantly he knew who the sender was.

[Kim Taehyung-shi, what is the best time to meet you?]

-Joohyun-ie

-

In less than five minutes, Joohyun received a reply. He indeed was still using the same number.

[8pm, YJ Tower. Someone will bring you up to my office.]

-Taehyung-ie

Grasping on her phone, she shut her eyes tightly "please tell me this is a right decision..."

Joohyun arrived at YJ Tower lobby ten minutes before eight. It was way past office hours and the lobby was only filled with sounds from the LED screens that were showing the ads of all the projects by YJ Group. At 7.55pm, Joohyun saw the familiar guy came out from the lift making his way towards her direction. His usual kind smile made it even harder for her to breathe normally.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Joohyun-shi," Jimin bowed and led her towards the turnstiles, "this way please."

They entered the express lift that leads them straight to Level 30. Joohyun was feeling uneasy with the dead silence, "Jimin-shi..." he turned to her with a light smile on face. "I hope you won't tell anyone about this."

Jimin smiled and gave a snort of assurance, "no one will know this."

With every heavy step she took, they have reached the office of the man she did not wish to see all these years. Jimin placed his thumb on the security panel, the door to his office opened within few seconds. Joohyun walked into the room and slowly closed in her distance with Kim Taehyung. He was busy signing on documents when she entered. The silence that filled the room made Joohyun's heart beats unusually fast and laced with tinge fear. Jimin has left the room without a word. She held on the hem of her dress and clenched her fist. When his cold eyes looked up to hers, her hand began to quiver. She was standing a few feet away from his desk but close enough to feel the coldness sending out from his mono-lid eyes that filled with danger.

"Read it," Taehyung threw a document towards Joohyun's direction and it landed right before her foot. "If you're fine with it, put your signature on it."

"That's what you could say after so many years not meeting?" she thought.

Picking up the set of paper from the floor, she flipped through the pages and when she found herself reading the main contents, she realized it was contract. Looking up from the document, she was frightened by Taehyung who was standing right before her without her realizing, they were only a meter apart.

"What's this?"

"An agreement..."

"I know this is an agreement," her voice was getting louder. "Why do we need to sign a contract, you told her that you only wanted one night," her hands were half trembling while holding on the stack of paper.

He looked away with a sarcastic smirk, "I did not mention any timeframe to her, to be exact."

She was shaking her head in disbelieve, "Kim Taehyung, I don't know what you are up to but this is ridiculous. You're getting married, what are you doing by offering another woman a two years contract?"

"By you coming here, I believe you know very well what we would do next." Taehyung closed in their distance and levelled with Joohyun's eyes with his lowered head, "Kim Jennie would be my legally wedded wife and in the same time, I needed someone to please me, physically."

Joohyun raised her hand but her next action was stopped by Taehyung as he held firmly on her wrist. It was then that he realized how thin she was, he could see her face grimaced in pain.

Releasing her, he reprimanded "I advise you to behave and not upset me. I may take back my offer."

She lowered her head, tears were formed in her eyes "I wouldn't even step my foot into your room if this is what you are asking for."

"One night to save your father from bankruptcy?" he laughed mockingly. Holding on her chin, he brought her head up to meet his dark and mysterious eyes, "do you not know how much money your family need or you are really that innocent to think that you worth a lot?"

"You know I can get his help, it's not necessary for me to listen to you," her eyes were challenging the man before her. His grip on her tightened at the mentioned of that man, he fought within himself to remained composed "You never fail to remind me how great of a slut you are. If that's what you want, you wouldn't have come here. Furthermore, do you really think he is able to help you with that huge amount of money involved? Your family had protected you too well in that glass castle."

Avoiding his eye contact, she stared still on the floor before murmuring carefully "I don't know how does it work in your circle, but how many nights do you need or would it increase my value if you are the first person to take my virginity?" she was holding back her tears as she didn't want to show him her weakest side, at least not at this moment.

The stern man's eyelid raised before looking into her eyes as he froze for a second when he heard what she said but still not receiving any eye contact from her. "Two years, you would be free after two years, it's only for two years. What are you afraid of or you are scared that you would fall for me for real this time?"

She pushed off his hand from her chin, avoiding his eyes "How could you betray your wife this way?"

"I learned this from you," his expression hardened as the memories of that fateful morning came back. "Don't you remember what you told me seven years ago during our graduation, that winter? Kiss meant nothing to you, you could do it with anyone. So am I," he leaned in very closely and looked straight into her eyes intimidatingly, "sex means nothing to me, regardless who she is. I needed a legal wife for public display and you, is an item to pleasure me."

"What I'd offered you is the best," he said before walking back to his desk and took hold of his ipad, "I'm having a meeting, it would last for an hour and I believe it would be sufficient for you to make a decision. I've said enough and I want an answer when I return." he said without looking at her before leaving the room.

Joohyun's legs finally gave in, she fell sitting on the carpeted floor staring still on the document with glistening tears threatening to fall from her eyes. Meanwhile, Jimin followed Taehyung's speedy footsteps towards the lift lobby.

"So boss, where shall we have this ad hoc one hour meeting?" Jimin mocked. "Are you that afraid she would say no that you need to give her an extra one hour to think it through? Should I activate the system and locked her in your room so that she can't escape?"

"Stop it Park Jimin!"

"You are nervous!" Jimin snorted before entering the lift after Taehyung. "This devastating desire of yours would kill you one day."

"I'll definitely pull her along."

An hour later, Joohyun could hear the sound of the door opening. She got up from the couch and avoided any eye-contact with him. Taehyung was eyeing at her sternly, the indecipherable expression on her face made him nervous, unknowingly. She was still holding on the document. He walked up to her and took a seat on the couch while pulling her hand to make her sit beside him along the way. He kept a safe distance from her, afraid he would lose control and claim her pulpy lips.

"This contract, I understand it's beneficial to you only but don't you at least need to state clearly that you would guarantee all the problems that we are facing now would be resolved?"

"What else?"

"I need to take care of eemo, there may be times where I couldn't..." she hesitated to say the next word.

"Serve me?"

She turned to him, feeling utmost pathetic before nodding her head.

"Other than that?"

She shook her head vulnerably.

"I assume you are accepting this."

Joohyun did not respond to him and remained silent as she bite on her bottom lip hoping for this to come to an end faster. Suddenly, she could feel his hand grabbed hold on her nape and the next second his lips were crashing on hers already. She was taken aback by his sudden aggressive move. Holding on his wrist that was firmly held on her nape, she was weakly attempting to pull away from him but to no avail. He tilted his head and deepened the kiss, demanding for entrance. She wasn't sure how long did the kiss last, he had pushed her; leaning her back against the couch.

Taehyung rested his forehead on hers, both of them were panting heavily. His thumb was touching on her swollen lips and through this close distance, he noticed her cheeks were red and a little swollen. Seeing her opening her heavy double-lid eyes, he wasted no time and attacked her captivating lips again.

Presented by winter's rain

//An offer//

180407

//Chapter 4 Preview//

"I'm giving you a reminder now, don't let this become a warning."

"You made us worried sick."

"I'm moving out..."

"Get me the earliest flight back to Korea."

-----

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

4.4K 179 22
" Haven't we met before? " He whispered. " N-No, we haven't. " She replied avoiding his staring gaze, not wanting to entangle the old strings. Now th...
24.2K 1K 51
Taehyung watched the love of his life fell for another man. What they had. What you had with her. Knowing she would torturing herself to see him hurt...
14K 418 24
Am I easy to forget? or... I'm just unworthy to remember? . . . . . . or worst . . . . . . . . A mistake you want to forget.. "Jungkook of all the pe...
8.4K 438 15
Words Limit: 30000-35000 Warning: This story contains sucidal, blood and abusive scenes. "A small degree of betrayal is sufficient to cause the deat...