A Trial by Halves

By moosesforgooses

What would have happened if Ye Huas plan to die in he Mermaid Wars had been Successful? What would have happe... More

Prologue
No Regrets
A New Life
A Shimmer of Red
A New World
Gems
A Rainbow Halo
A Patch of Sky
Suspicions.
Who Are You?
A Growing Enigma
More Questions
Deductions
Are You......?
When Energy Collides
When Worlds Collide
More Questions
The Spell
Deductions.
The House
The visitor
A Stronger Hold
The Return
A Flicker of Comprehension
Questions, Answers and Tender Eyes
Dreams
Instability
Unravelling the Seal 1
Unraveling the Seal 2
A Time to Talk
Lian Song Speaks
Choices.
Not so Docile
The Struggle
Punishment
A Little more Understanding
Is She or Not?
Disobedience
First Warning.
One More Sacrifice
"Bad"
A Whisper in the Dark
The Voice
A Voice in The Mirror
Beyond Fear
On Borrowed Time
Another Voice in the Dark
Decisions
Spiritual Connections
Change of Plans
No Looking Back
A Race Against Time.
The Awakening
Truth and Lies
Rage
Four for All
The Final Battle 1
The Final Battle 2
Days of Healing
The Truth
The Long Road to Healing.
Paying Debts
Punishment
Guilty
A Hidden Force
A Little Death
Agony
A Flicker of Calm
A Smile not so Bright
Just One More Sacrifice
How Much More?
One Piece at a Time
Shame
Eyes of Honey Brown
Distance
Uncertainty
A Little Step Forward
A Moment in Time
Echoes of the Past
Home
Overbearing
Her Sacrifice
100 Ways - Part 1
100 Ways - Part 2
All in One Lifetime
A Little Victory
Epilogue

The Odd One Out

1K 47 9
By moosesforgooses

Two weeks had passed and things seemed to be settling down for Su Su, who was the most unsettled of them all.  She knew she was much different to them all, in that they could all regulate their body heat whereas she needed the fire lit at night and the windows open in the day to let in the fresh air. 

And it was this that had seen her in a meeting with Ci Hang, and without Ye Hua because he did not want the boy influencing her answers or influencing her at all.  And he knew he would, because once he was able to sit down and get a feel for this woman, he could see the reticence in wanting to even look at him let alone talk, not to mention the way she kept looking at the door as if hoping he would walk in.  Su Su was no ordinary Mortal and he had met many, but what he found interesting and what made her different was the way her answers would sometimes be shy and demure, while at other times, he could feel Si Yin talking to him.

And it was here that he realized the seal was strong, but she was gaining strength behind the Mortal and he began to wonder if she might actually be strong enough to break it herself.  What she needed was a push, because the longer he looked at the seal and the lack of influence that Qing Cang now had over her having left that bed behind, the easier it would be for her to break it, and that meant giving her every bit of information he had and he began with the physical differences.

 Ci Hang had told her many things that she would experience including many changes to her body being in the presence of much higher beings whose energy would at times make her feel overwhelmed and dizzy which was true.  

Being in Mortal form, meant she was susceptible to lightheadedness due to their much higher energies and because there were four of them present and all of them fully open, she became a little too overwhelmed by it all.  And he also explained that this would not be a problem to her once she took back her Immortality.

But he also talked to her about the seal, which she had listened to very carefully.  In her Mortal self, she found it difficult to retain knowledge, but being a Master teacher, he was very patient with her and explained things in very simple terms so she would understand.

She learned that she was possibly sealed because of a kidnapping that happened when she was an Immortal and under the direct tutelage of High God Mo Yuan, a man she had called Shifu and one she had seen a few times in dreams.  And though she listened carefully and asked plenty of questions until she fully understood, she was afraid, because he had told her that the seal over her would have to be lifted.

And this was something she was very fearful of.   Only because the consequences of removing it were still unknown.  And that was where the majority of her questions lay.

"You said you didn't know for certain that I would take back my true form if the seal was lifted.  What are the dangers?" she'd asked.

Ci Hang was very much like Mo Yuan, in that he never lied, and nor did he sugar coat anything for her either, though he was always mindful that the simpleness of her mind needed to be taken into account, so he explained everything as simply as he could, while also informing her of the risks or removing the seal and not removing it.

"A seal like this has never been removed before, because this is the first time I have ever seen this kind of magic used this way." he said slowly which she nodded her head at.

"But I have seen this kind of spell and I have successfully destroyed it.  However, because the spell is attached to your mind, hence why the seal is in the middle of you head, it is very possible that you mind might be affected." he said softly and gently.

"How?" she asked.

"As I said, we don't really know what affect removing it might have because I never got to examine the power source I believe you are attached to, but you may actually lose your original memories.  You might also be forced into this state you are in permanently, and the worst case scenario is you may die." he said bluntly.  

Stunned, she could only sit and stare at him and though he could see the shock on her face, he did not move to placate her, because for one, she had to know the complete truth and prepare herself for it, but also what he was hoping to do, was to find Mo Yuans body and bring him back and she was the only one who could help him.

"And if I refuse?  If I decide to remain as I am?" she asked

"Whether you refuse or not, the result will be the same regardless.  Ye Hua married a Mortal against Heavens Law and his Grandfather is aware of it.  It is also quite possible that he is also aware of your true form.  Both your Mortal and Immortal selves are wanted and both will face punishment." he replied looking at her a little more softly.

"Because I love Ye Hua and he loves me?" she asked incredulously, though going by the look on his face, she could see she was missing something.

"Su Su, if you were just a mere Mortal, you would face Heavens wrath, because Mortals and Immortals cannot marry, it is against Heavens Laws.  And for this reason alone, you will die at his Grandfathers command, because Ye Hua left his post as The Crown Prince to remain at your side.  This is a sacrilege that cannot be forgiven no matter how innocent you are or how deep your love is."

"However, you are also Si Yin, an Immortal who stole the body of a highly respected Celestial High God, one that the entire world revered.  For Seventy Thousand years his body has remained hidden and because you refused to return him, you must face punishment for a crime that is even worse that marrying against Heavens Laws, because Mo Yuan is the Son of  Father Immortal, the first born and direct heir to the Celestial Throne as well as the War God and The Master of Kunlun.  I cannot stress enough the great importance this man still holds in the Immortal world, so you must understand that what you did will see you punished severely before death takes you." he said also just as bluntly/

And to Su Su mind, she saw no escape.  Whether she remained with Ye Hua as a Mortal or took back her true form, both would see her die, her son made motherless and Ye Hua a widow and all because of something she had no memory of.  But before she made any decisions, which he was allowing her to make, she had one question.

"You said the seal needs to be removed so you can find Mo Yuans body.  Why would I hide it?" she asked not understanding this concept at all. 

"That is a question that has remained a mystery for Seventy Thousand Years.  No one knows, but you.  But what I can tell you, is his soul has been regathered.  And thanks to you, his final piece will see him return, only we need his body for this to happen." he replied honestly.

"But why? " she asked becoming emotional and detached from him and the situation she was in.  "If he is coming back, then what is the problem, I don't understand." she asked now in tears and just wanting to leave.

He knew this was difficult for her, because she had no concept of the kind of magic involved in soul revival, and he did not want to fill her head with things that were beyond her comprehension, but he had to make her understand the importance of her involvement if Mo Yuan was to return.  After all, to have been in the chaos for that long and to fight that hard to come back, was a miracle that deserved life.

"Without Si Yin, we cannot bring him back.  There is a very special kind of magic that needs to be prepared and performed, and without the body, we cannot achieve anything.  Only you know where it is Su Su.  The entire Mortal World owes him a life debt, one that must be repaid with the gift of his life.   Even you are here because of him, you too owe him a debt." he replied earnestly and frankly but the look on her face had him sighing in exasperation, because even still, she was not really getting it, and nor did she seem to want to.

And his last assessment was in fact true, because to Su Sus mind, she didn't care about this man as much as he did.  She may have had dreams about him, and at times felt a connection to him, but he was still a stranger, a man she could not place herself beside, nor did she feel any reverence or respect for him either, he was just a name, someone Ci Hang wanted back at all cost even if it meant she might die in order to bring him back.  And that had her wondering if Si Yin would have allowed herself to die if it meant Mo Yuan survived.

This she just could not imagine, because Ye Hua and their child were the only two people she would die for, and the way she saw it, keeping the seal or not keeping it meant certain death either way,  but her child and even Ye Hua would face utter humiliation because she was the reason for taking such a man from their world. 

His final words were a reminder that if she wanted to survive and retain her family and live a happy life, only Mo Yuan could save her.

In the end, the tears and emotional state she had ended up in, saw him end the meeting to give her a break.  He had left her holding their child with tears raining down her face and the moment he had left the chamber, Ye Hua had immediately entered to console her with soft embraces and warm kisses.  

Now two weeks later, she was in a much calmer state of mind, and the tears had long dried thanks in large part to Ye Huas gentle care and soft administrations to get her back to a good frame of mind.  He had asked that no more be said to her because mentally she was fatigued and close to snapping.  Instead he spent the entire two weeks nursing her post natal body back to good health while they talked quietly among themselves.

After a couple of weeks, she eventually allowed her talk with Ci Hang to also settle within her, because if there was one thing that Ye Hua was very good at, and that was subtle persuasion which even though it was a skill that his Shifu had taught him, Ci Hang was not in the same position as Ye Hua to settle her.   Through embraces, kisses and soft words, Su Su was finally brought back to a safe calm where he managed to keep her while insisting that his Shifu hold off on taking the seal until she was strong enough to handle its removal.  And that was where Cheng Yu came into play.

Through her interactions with Su Su and carefully delivered words that Ye Hua had her repeat constantly, Su Su slowly began to see her life as a mere Mortal as something finite, something that would eventually take back to her true state of mind and form while also leaving her feeling handicapped at not being one of them.

Words like 'Home... Family.... Immortal... Magical Essence... Kunlun Mountain.... Shifu... Disciple... and even her true name Si Yin.  These words were constantly in her ears every day until eventually Su Su began to accept that she really was that woman and she really was an Immortal.  Even needing the fire at night, was seen as a hindrance, because the rest of them did not need it, not even her child who could regulate his own energy with a little help from his father.  But to also learn that they did not even need to eat as often as she did, saw her finally realize just how handicapped she actually was when compared to them.

And it was done so subtlely that by the end of the second week, Su Su was beginning to feel like the Odd one Out to a point where she was embarrassed by it, which was exactly where Ci Hang wanted her.

Only the moment she decided to go ahead and lift the seal, then a man she had never thought could exist, suddenly and without warning appeared before them while enjoying a meal.

Of them all, only Ci Hang had felt his presence nearing and he was more than prepared for him when he did eventually make his entrance, and though Su Su cowered in front of a man so strange looking yet exceptionally powerful which she could feel pouring off him, Ye Hua did his best to welcome him amicably for her sake, even though his heart was racing violently in his chest.

But he did not say much to him or Su Su, not even when he sat down to eat.  It wasn't until after their meal, that Ci Hang and Di Jun left the cave to speak privately and of course they were all desperate to know what was being said, yet none dared to speak of it, because all four of them were in deep trouble and if Di Jun ordered them all back to the Celestial Heavens not even Heaven itself would be able to prevent them from disobeying.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.9M 916K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
3.9M 159K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
Android 0327 By Z

Fanfiction

876K 42.5K 53
[COMPLETED] Two brilliant engineers, Kwon Jiyong and Lucas, create the advanced Android 0327 Lalisa Manoban. As Lisa prepares to enter a society that...
259K 11.6K 44
When Americans turn 20, they become immortal- if they can afford it. Ilana is ready for her birthday so that she can become immortal and enjoy a wor...