A Trial by Halves

De moosesforgooses

What would have happened if Ye Huas plan to die in he Mermaid Wars had been Successful? What would have happe... Mais

Prologue
No Regrets
A New Life
A Shimmer of Red
A New World
Gems
A Rainbow Halo
A Patch of Sky
Suspicions.
Who Are You?
A Growing Enigma
More Questions
Deductions
Are You......?
When Energy Collides
When Worlds Collide
More Questions
The Spell
Deductions.
The House
The visitor
A Stronger Hold
The Return
A Flicker of Comprehension
Questions, Answers and Tender Eyes
Dreams
Instability
Unravelling the Seal 1
Unraveling the Seal 2
The Odd One Out
Lian Song Speaks
Choices.
Not so Docile
The Struggle
Punishment
A Little more Understanding
Is She or Not?
Disobedience
First Warning.
One More Sacrifice
"Bad"
A Whisper in the Dark
The Voice
A Voice in The Mirror
Beyond Fear
On Borrowed Time
Another Voice in the Dark
Decisions
Spiritual Connections
Change of Plans
No Looking Back
A Race Against Time.
The Awakening
Truth and Lies
Rage
Four for All
The Final Battle 1
The Final Battle 2
Days of Healing
The Truth
The Long Road to Healing.
Paying Debts
Punishment
Guilty
A Hidden Force
A Little Death
Agony
A Flicker of Calm
A Smile not so Bright
Just One More Sacrifice
How Much More?
One Piece at a Time
Shame
Eyes of Honey Brown
Distance
Uncertainty
A Little Step Forward
A Moment in Time
Echoes of the Past
Home
Overbearing
Her Sacrifice
100 Ways - Part 1
100 Ways - Part 2
All in One Lifetime
A Little Victory
Epilogue

A Time to Talk

1K 47 21
De moosesforgooses

Southern Guangxi

Waking, Ye Hua lay unmoving as Su Su fed the baby.  Their chamber was one of only three chambers that had windows, and going by the droplets on the thick window pane, it was not only dawn, but it was raining.  He loved the rain, he also loved winter, because the Celestial Heavens had no seasons, so rain, sleet, hail, and snow were elements he treasured and being with his favourite two people in the world, he couldn't help but smile at his blessings regardless of the situation they were now in.

Their talk the night before had been a very long one but necessary if Su Su was to understand the consequences of being caught.  Initially he had not wanted to discuss anything more with her, he was exhausted and just wanting a private moment with his wife and child that he had removed from his cradle to cuddle, Su Su had found the strength to confront him with questions that were churning in her mind after her talk with Cheng Yu and eventually he had given into the pressure and answered her questions honestly, because he too was just as tired of the secrecy.

Initially she had been a little afraid to ask the one question that was truly haunting her, but after her talk with Cheng Yu, she had squared her small shoulders which gave her the strength she needed to be a little more forceful with him and to Ye Huas mind, she had never looked so brave as she did then, because it seemed as if she were preparing herself for battle.

She had wanted to know how she was that Disciple Si Yin, who exactly was Mo Yuan to Si Yin, what did Qing Cang do to Si Yin, and that one burning question that wouldn't leave her alone.  If she was truly Si Yin, then would that mean Ye Hua would no longer love her?   And he had patiently explained to her what he and his Shifu thought had happened, while explaining a war she could not remember let alone imagine and her relationship to a Shifu that even to her ears felt a little unholy.

"But Ye Hua, if I was in love with that man, then wouldn't I feel it?" she had asked.  "Love is an emotion that traverses great distances regardless of the passing of years.   If I was in love with him, I would feel it, but I don't.  So maybe I cared a great deal for him because he was a spiritual father like your Shifu is to you." she suggested having immediately felt his insecurities and jealousy.

Su Su did not need to see his face to know that what she had just said to him was so out of character that she wondered where such sentiments came from when she did not normally articulate her feelings in such a way and the look on his face said as much.  

But Ye Hua was becoming used to the small changes in her demeanor which at that moment were still sporadic and though he was a little uncomfortable with the changes he was also breathing a sigh of relief  and that was because she had just  lifted one very heavy burden from his shoulders with that statement, because he felt she was right.  

He himself loved his Shifu like a father, in fact even more than a father.  He would give his every limb and even his life for Ci Hang, so he fully understood what the relationship between the Disciple and Shifu was.  And that she could not remember a love that went beyond that kind of relationship even though Mo Yuan had been very present during her pregnancy, meant it was very possible the relationship was indeed paternal.

But the one question which he needed to answer was the last one he answered and he told her exactly how he felt about being married to a woman with two very different personalities.

"Si Yin, is merely one part of you Su Su.  What I know is the sealed part of you and I love everything I see.  But there is a part of you I am dying to meet.  She might not be the woman that I know, but she is still you.  Only I think, I might be in for quite an experience because from what we know, Si Yin had a very strong personality, she was not afraid of anything and she certainly spoke her mind.  But that does not take away from the fact that you and she are one and the same." he had told her as she held her in his arms.

He understood her anxiety and he knew he was the reason for it, but something in the way she looked at him, had him wondering if the growing suspicions he had might actually be right.  He was positive he saw a desire to leave.  Su Su was such a gentle soul who would never hurt anyone, but the stress he was under along with Cheng Yu and his uncle seemed to be having such a negative affect on her mind and self esteem, that he had to put an end to it, before she did anything stupid.

"I'm sorry Su Su.  If I had told you everything from the start, then you would not be feeling so insecure.  I only wanted to keep you safe because I love you.  But from now on, we are a husband and wife in every sense.  I will keep nothing from you, and if you have questions, I want you to come to me directly." he had told her having learned that she had gone to Cheng Yu with her concerns first.

Seeming to feel a lot better after their talk and understanding him far more than she did when they arrived, Su Su relaxed against him

And so he had held her as she talked a little more of her conversation with Cheng Yu and also her impressions of her.

"Why are they not married Ye Hua?" she had asked genuinely confused, because it was plainly obvious to her that the woman was in love with his uncle and because he had come looking for her as well as Ye Hua, then he loved her too.

"Because of the same reason why my Grandfather does not agree with our marriage." he had told her.  

Lowering her head, he could see she wanted to say something but was holding back.

"Did I not say for you to speak your mind Su Su?  If there is something bothering you, then please just say it." he said squeezing her gently.

Looking up at him, the large eyes blinked several times, as if she were weighing her options on whether to reply or not.  In the end, she kept her eyes on him, but her tone lowered shyly.

"I have never met your Grandfather Ye Hua.  But I don't like him, and I don't want to meet him." she had said, which he had chuckled softly for her sake even though it actually hurt that his own wife had formed an instant dislike for a man he was still loyal to regardless of their situation. 

 But he said nothing, because what could he say?   To defend him, even though he hadn't actually done anything yet, and all they had to go on was suspicions and past experiences, he had instead dragged her up onto his lap to hold her a little closer where he then fed her the soup Ci Hang had made and she kissed his cheeks between every mouthful.

Now watching as his son came off her breast yawning and seeming quite content, he finally sat up with his arms out.

"You're awake." she smiled at him as she rose off the small chair he had brought with him so she could feed their son in comfort.

Nodding, his eyes softened as they both chuckled at how the babys little hands scrunched up into tight fists above his head and the yawn grew wider.  His little tongue then flicked out briefly as if in satisfaction before his mouth clamped shut and the body relaxed into his fathers arms.

For a while, Ye Hua sat just as contented with his little family, while every pressing issue remained outside the door which he had no desire to open and as they watched the little close close and the face relax, Su Su had one last question for him and one she wanted to ask when he was more relaxed.

"Ye Hua.  I overheard you mention a name for him.  Er Li?" she asked softly as her head landed against his arm.

Nodding, a smile broke, because the tone in her voice suggested that she was not opposed which definitely gave him something to smile about.

"Yes.  I think after everything that has led to this moment, Er Li is the perfect representation of that, and in the future, he will also remain our symbol of strength." he replied smiling down at the boy who was now lost to his deep sleep.

"I like it.  I like it a lot." She said smiling along with him. 

And with that, Ye Hua made the decision to go ahead and officially name him.  His Shifu was already there with them and he would do the honours of performing the first official ceremony which would also give them something to look forward to.  And rather than wait the full three months, he also decided they would name him immediately, though there were a few things he would need to purchase first which he explained to Su Su, having no knowledge of such things.

"We are gong to the Market?" she asked hopefully.  If they went to the Market, it would bring a little more normality to her upside down world.  

Seeing and hearing the excitement in her voice, he nodded.  "Yes, but we wait for the rain to lift.: 

He didn't think his Shifu would be opposed to naming their son early because the three month wait was really a grace period that gave the parents the time needed to really consider their childs name which as he had mentioned, was the childs crowning glory.

Not wanting to move, knowing that his Shifu wanted to meet with her privately, they remained where they were, even though they could both hear the soft sounds coming from the kitchen, which meant the man himself was awake and making breakfast, something that Ye Hua should have been doing, but wanting a little family time before serious plans were made, he too remained where he was lost in their moment of peace, one that he knew would be shattered eventually.

________

Mount Jun Ji

Slowly moving from room to room, Di Jun could feel the atmosphere very clearly.  Being a High God with exceptional powers, he hid much of his abilities and very few were aware of what he was really capable of.  Not only did he have the ability to read minds, he could also read the past and it was exactly what he was doing as he stood in the bed chamber watching as Haode and the bee were sucked into the vortex that he had opened via Qing Cangs dark energy.

But what followed interested him more.  Not only had Haode been thrown back out, but it seemed as if the Bee had attacked, though he could see no reason for it other than the woman had become afraid and lashed out.  If this was what he thought had happened then Haode would absolutely want her head.

Now watching on as Ye Hua, his wife, child, Cheng Yu and Ci Hang suddenly appeared before him, he watched as they quickly gathered what belongings they could carry before disappearing again.

Instantly his mind saw clearly saw two things of interest.  Not only was Lian Song with them when they left, but it seemed as if Ci Hang was assisting them and having known that man for years, Di Jun knew he would never aide a woman who physically attacked the Ruler of the Ninth Heavens or help the Crown Prince to evade detection, unless he had a very good reason to.  And that then had him wondering where the boy had gone.

He had only a hunch to go by, and because his hunches never proved wrong, he acted on it.  Leaving the Mountain, he immediately left for the Mortal Realm he knew that Ye Hua visited from time to time, and one he was positive he would  find his hideaway in.  

A lot of time would have passed since the day they left Mount Junji, so he was positive they would not have moved too far or too quickly, especially seeing as the woman had literally only just given birth.  In fact, a few weeks would have passed and they would be well settled and by the time he hit the Mortal World with his energy fully spread out to find the barrier he knew would eventually show, he slowly drifted over the land as many Immortal barriers came into view.

It was a world that the Immortals liked to sneak away to for private time and energy gathering, but there wasn't a single barrier he couldn't read nor break through and though it took some time, he did eventually find the one barrier he was looking for as well as the abode which even to his mind, was beautiful.

Hovering in the air outside the barrier, he could make out movement coming from the other side.  It was almost midday and seeing Ci Hang suddenly appear within the large cavernous room holding a large platter of food which he was placing on the table, he decided he was hungry too.

And with that, he passed straight through the barrier as if it didn't even exist to find himself facing a full dining table with Ye Hua, his wife, Lian Song, Cheng Yu and Ci Hang jumping to their feet the moment he appeared.

_______

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

400K 22.8K 81
Masked General and illegitimate Princess Salem is perfectly content fighting beside her father as the "demon general". Ironically, a battlefield is s...
16.7K 930 17
First in the Blessed Princess Series: Princess Reanna, first in line for the throne, has reached marriageable age and it's time for her to settle dow...
142K 2.6K 159
*****THIS IS NOT MY ORIGINAL STORY***** The spoiled, willful daughter of the Koch family groveled down to her husband, who loved someone else? The fi...
2.2K 81 19
Molly Quinn King, the fifteen year old daughter of Mr and Mrs King ,gets sold for her dowry to Mr Joel Strauss. The parents give conditions to Mr Str...