The Spark of Hope

By DerpZachary

Beacon has fallen, Grimm surround it. Team RWBY separated. Ruby now leaves her home with the remnants of team... More

Prologue
Mystogen's Bio
Chapter 1 -On The Road-
Author's Note 1
Chapter 2 -The Journey To Mistral-
Author's Note 2
Chapter 3 -The Journey To Mistral Part 2-
Chapter 4 -Welcome To Haven-
Chapter 5 -The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz Returns-
Chapter 6 -Training Is Now In Session-
Chapter 7 -Unexpected Yet A Grateful Reunion-
Chapter 8 -A Calm Day For Once-
Chapter 9 -The Battle At Haven Part 1-
Author Note 3
Chapter 10 -The Battle At Haven Part 2-
Volume 5 Epilogue
Volume 6 Prologue
Mystogen's Volume Six Bio
Chapter 12 -Story Told-
Chapter 13 -So That's How It Is-
Chapter 14 -Calm Before The Storm-
Chapter 15 -One's Will To Go On-
Chapter 16 -A Bit Of Background-
Chapter 17 -What Now?-
Chapter 18 -The Plan-
Chapter 19 -Plan In Action-
Chapter 20 -Attack On The Mech-
Chapter 21 -On The Defensive In Argus-
Volume 6 Epilogue
Author's Note 4
Announcement

Chapter 11 -A Story Unfolds-

544 4 7
By DerpZachary

Mystogen's POV

 Few Hours before Argus Limited

We sat in the living room of the house we were staying in, packing for the trip ahead. While the others were getting ready I cleaned my firearms, kept track of my ammo supply, and sharpened Penny's blade. Summer sat next to Ruby, Red was like a copy of Summer.

"We need to take the Relic to Atlas?" Ruby asks.

"That's what Oz said," Qrow says, we looked at Weiss.

"You've got to be joking," Weiss says not exactly happy about this.

"I mean, bright side, we finally get out of this house!" Nora says which Weiss sighs.

"Well trust me, I'm not crazy about it either. And without the Spring Maiden here to seal the Relic back in its Vault, it's our best option," Qrow says.

"Atlas may be the safest kingdom we have at the moment, but their borders are closed. General Ironwood called everyone back," Ren notes.

"Not everyone," I say, placing bullets into cases.

"The city of Argus is a ways north of us and it's the primary trading port between Anima and Solitas. They've got the largest Atlas military base outside the kingdom. There's no way they'd leave it abandoned, and if we play our cards right, I think there's a good chance we could convince them to escort us straight to Ironwood," Qrow explains.

"I mean, we do have the missing Heiress to the Schnee Dust Company," Blake says.

"Ex-Heiress actually," Weiss corrects.

"True, true. But if there's a chance of reward money, I say we go for it," Yang says winking.

"Ugh..." Weiss rolls her eyes.

"Hopefully the first option will suffice," Oscar walks in, which appears to have given the controls to Oz.

"Glad to see you're feeling better," Qrow says.

"Likewise, and while I'm sure we could all use more time to recover, I'm afraid time is of the essence," Ozpin says.

"Right, as long as that thing's out in the open, its power could fall into the wrong hands," Blake says.

"Speaking of, what does it do exactly? Qrow or Mystogen never really told us," Jaune says.

We look at Oz, who turns around to face them, "Of course," He detaches the Relic from his hip, "The Relic of Knowledge has a wonderful and incredibly dangerous ability," The Relic grow into its original size, "Its user can ask any question, and the lamp will provide an answer," He places the relic down, and it floats on the table.

Ren was in awe, "Intriguing,"

"That's incredible," Blake says.

"Indeed. However, it's not without drawbacks. The lamp cannot tell of events that have yet to happen, and it will only answer three questions every one hundred years," Ozpin explains.

"Well, I guess that's not so bad. Adds a lot of pressure though," Yang says.

"It'll be fine, hopefully," I say sheathing Penny's blade.

"Thanks for the comfort Myst," Yang says jokingly.

"No problem,"

"Then let's put it to a vote! What should we ask first? Oh! Can we ask for more questions? CAN WE ASK FOR MORE QUESTIONS!?" Nora says with an insane face.

Ren facepalms, "They're not wishes,"

Ozpin chuckles, "I'm afraid you won't be able to ask it anything at the moment," Nora grunts in frustration, "The questions were used before I sealed it away,"

"Well, at least now we know what it is. And we'll be sure to keep it safe!" Ruby says.

"That's my little rosebud," Summer says smiling.

Present Day

We looked around the train wreckage picking up what we could find I stumbled upon the Relic, which I picked it up and looked at Ruby who was across from me. I approached her and handed her the Relic.

She looked at me tilting her head, "Why are you giving it to me," 

"Because you would be better at protecting it then I would,"  I say patting her head.

We heard Yang complain as she tried to get Bumblebee out of the snow, "Great! This is just great! We're stranded, we lost a third of our part, and we've gained a defenseless old lady!"

With one final heave, she finally gets it out of the snow, but falls to the snow-covered ground, with the motorcycle following behind.

"My name is Maria Calavera, and I am not defenseless! I'm just a little hard of hearing. And blind without my eyes, that are in desperate need of repair," The grandma who I now know as Maria says as she taps her prosthetics, which open wide then close, before opening narrowly, "Okay, I'm starting to see your point,"

I let out a sigh, "Yang, would ya calm it? If we lose our cool, then we'll just bring more Gimm,"

"Does that even matter? Apparently, we've been attracting Grimm ever since we left Haven," Blake says.

"Oh, and how could I forget about that?" Yang says turning to Oscar, "What happened to "no more lies and half truths"?"

"Yeah, I think it's time we got an explanation," Oscar says before his eyes glow as Ozpin gains control.

He furrows his brow at Yang, "I did not lie to you,"

"Wee you certainly didn't tell us everything about the Relic," Weiss says.

"Please, now is not the time," Ozpin says.

"No, we're past that! I wanna know why you're still now telling us everything!" Yang says.

"It is true that the Grimm are attracted to the Relics. It's faint, but undeniable. I believe it has to do with their origin, but I'm not entirely sure. Regardless, I feared that making you all aware would only add anxiety and negativity. It seemed like the safer option," Ozpin explains.

"You know, I'm getting real tired of people choosing what's best for me," Weiss says.

"Is that why you chose to lie to everyone about Lionheart too?" Yang asks.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I believed the Kingdom of Mistral deserved better than the truth. And I believed Leonardo deserved to be remembered for his lifetime of service, and not for the unfortunate missteps he made in his final years," Ozpin says.

"Missteps!?" Yang says.

"What Professor Lionheart did was reprehensible. I am not here to argue differently, but does one lapse in judgment truly negate all of his good? Do we not all have regrets? You may have met Professor Lionheart, but you never met the man he was before Salem found him," Ozpin says.

"Look, we're supposed to be in this together. You can trust us! We're not gonna turn our backs on you," Yang says.

"Do you really think Leo was the first?!!" Ozpin says raising his voice which causes us to stop in our tracks.

"That he didn't say those exact same words to me? I'm sorry, but you have to understand that my behaviors are backed by experience. I'm not saying that I have reason to think you will betray me. I'm saying that I have reasons for the things that I do, the secrets I keep, the reason I..." Ozpin suddenly stops and realizes something, "Where's the Relic?"

"Right here," Ruby says before showing the Relic in her hands, "It got scattered in the crash,"

"Please, hand it over," Ozpin reaches his hand out.

Ruby hesitates, "So all those times you talked about the faith in humanity, that was just for everyone else?"

Ozpin sighs, "That's not what I meant to suggest. Miss Rose, the Relic is a powerful item and I simply feel as though it is my burden to bear,"

"But, you said it couldn't do anything right now," Ruby says.

"Why does it matter who carries it?" Blake asks.

"I need you to listen to me--" Ozpin reaches his hand out, but suddenly stops, stuck in his position.

"Oz?" Qrow says.

"Hurry... he's... trying to stop you!" Oscar struggles to say.

"Kid?" I say confused.

"Stop her from what?" Yang asks.

"He's afraid... you'll find out what he's... hiding!" Oscar says before collapsing. Yang, Weiss and Blake glare at him with intense looks, I looked at Summer who had the face of worry and confusion on her face, and Ruby held the Relic of Knowledge defensively,"

"Her name is Jinn. Say her name to summon her," Oscar says.

"Her name?" Ruby says. The wind picks up much more gradually, blowing snow even harder, blowing my hood down, "Jinn?"

The snow suddenly stops, floating in the air. The wind stops blowing as well, I look around in slight shock. Ruby lets go of the Relic as it floats a short distance away, cyan smoke emanates from it. It then envelops in smoke, and from that, a giant, feminine figure emerges. Her skin and hair blue, and wore gold jewelry and ornaments.

She stretches and moans. This must be Jinn then.

"Wonderful," She says, we all look in her in awe, "Tell me, what knowledge do you see?"

I look at Summer who was beside me and leaned next to her and whispered, "Am I seeing this correctly?"

"Yep, I'm seeing the same thing," Summer says in awe.

"I am Jinn, a being created by the God of Light to aid humanity in its pursuit of knowledge. I've been graced with the ability to answer three questions every one hundred years. You're in luck, as I am still able to answer--"

"That's enough," We turn to see Ozpin back in control.

"...Two questions this era,"

But didn't Ozpin say they were already used?

Jinn chuckles, "It's a pleasure to see you again, old man," She turned to me, "And it is a surprise to see another Guardian in Remnant," I was taken back by this.

"Ruby, please... Don't," Ozpin begs.

Qrow glances down and steps forward, "Hey," Yang, Weiss, and Blake get defensive at Qrow. Me and Ruby stare in disbelief, "Do whatever you think is right, kiddo,"

Ruby looks at Jinn, "Jinn, what is Ozpin hiding from us?"

"NOOOOO!!" Ozpin yells and lunges at Ruby.

I was about to grab Ozpin but I stumble forward finding me and Summer alone in a blank white space, "What the hell?"

"Where are we?" Summer asks.

"Your guess is as good as mine," I answer.

An environment manifests, showing a path leading to a castle in the distance, which looks very much like Beacon. The humming of women was heard.

"Once upon a time, there stood a lonely tower,"Jinn narrated. The humming came from behind which we turned around, "That sheltered a lonely girl," A woman sat in front of a mirror then appears, which I approached her.

"Named... Salem,"

(That is the end of chapter 11, the next chapter or two will be following Mystogen's and Summer's reaction to the story being told which I'm excited to write about. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this! Goodbye and take care!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.8K 842 19
What happens when a mishap in Sarge's "perfect" plan to kill the blues ends in a jump to a separate realm called Remnant, and they find some...odd th...
244K 1.9K 20
What happens when a ghost finds its way to Remnant and meets a boy? What will become of them? And what if the boys shrouded history? First story so...
10.9K 200 15
Red legion attack Beacon and Vale taking the Light from our beloved guardians, and lost a member of the team. The Time has passed, now they all went...
43.8K 393 19
RWBY X Destiny crossover. after the guardians defeats aksis they have a mission to investigate weird signal reading coming from venus things happen...