Caught.

By ShelleySnow

Emma is human. Emma likes her life in her small predictable town. At least she thought it was predictable... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51

Chapter 29

7.7K 299 19
By ShelleySnow

I was desperately trying to regain control of my wolf but it was difficult, her presence is like a tidal wave crashing over me, dragging me to the back of my own mind, taking control of my entire body within an instant.

I took a few deep breaths and began to push my own consciousness to the forefront of my mind, pushing my way through her influence was like wading through quick sand whilst being buffed by a hail storm, it is hard going but eventually I make my way to the front, my body now starts to respond to my own actions.

I feel my canines sink back into my gum leaving them tingling, I feel it when my eyes shift from the black of my wolf to my new purple orbs like a high definition film has been lifted from my vision.

My chest is heaving but I didn't know if that was from fighting my wolf for control, or the activities Roman and I had just be partaking in earlier. Once I steady my breathing I look over to see Chuck, he is standing in the door way frozen solid in shock starting at Roman and I. We are still sprawled on the dining room table, luckily Romans body is covering mine preventing Chuck from get a look at my naked top half.

I feel the temperature in the room drop drastically, the icy air starts to spread over my body raising goosebumps across my skin as powerful shivers race through me .

The cold suddenly disappeared though as my body flames in embarrassment, heat is now radiating from my face as I stare blankly at Chuck. I scramble underneath Roman trying to hide more of myself behind him. I look up at Roman as he hovers above me I notice that he hasn't moved an inch, I see his eyes are still completely void of his normal gold and his canines were still fully extended. Roman was clearly having a difficult time regaining control over his wolf.

"Our mate will defend us" my wolf spat in my mind, still furious about being interrupted.

"He doesn't need to defend us from Chuck, look at him he's terrified!" I scold her internally for being so irrational.

Another growl leaves Romans throat this one low and warning, I feel his muscles tightening against me, I knew Roman was coiled like a leathal spring ready to leap across the room at any second, his wolf not in the mood to care who he would be hurting.

"Chuck do not move!" I whispered knowing that if he moved so much as a muscle Roman would be on him in an instant.

Panic races through me as I realise this could end very badly for Chuck, if I didn't do something quickly. But this was the first time I'd ever fully come face to face with Romans wolf, without him being even a little bit present. I did not know how to deal with this at all, it was still very new to me.

"Let me help Emma, we'll have to work together if you want this to work" Relief washes over me glad to have my wolf back on side. I felt her consciousness push against me, more gently than the last time so I allowed her through.

I close my eyes allowing us to stand side by side this time, instead of just the one of us taking charge. A feeling of unity fills me as my confidence sky rockets. We could do this.

My wolf sent a low calm rumble through my chest, drawing half of Romans attention away from Chuck, and onto us still lay beneath him. My hand automatically finds the spot between his shoulder blades, I instinctively begin to draw small slow circles over and over again with my finger.

I watch Roman above me his heaving chest slows, specks of gold begin to slowly bleed back into his eyes. A small smile begins to form on my face at the rush of pride I felt, glad that what we were doing was working. As I continue tracing the pattern on Romans back I watch as more and more gold starts appearing and his muscles began to relax under touch.

"Chuck go, now" I whisper, not wanting to talk too loudly in fear of diverting Romans attention back to Chuck .

When I hear the door click closed, I feel my own muscles relax at the sound. Chuck was safe. Once I saw Romans canines retreat back into his gums, I feel my wolf fully retreat leaving me standing at the forefront once more.

"Well done Emma, we did it" she said bringing a smile to my face, I couldn't help but think that we just made a very good team.

After silently thanking her for her help I reach up and plant a soft kiss on Romans lips leaving a devilish smirk slowly spreading across his face as he looks down at me, his beautiful golden orbs were now a blaze in the darkness and it was a breath taking sight to see.

"Well, that was intense!" I couldn't help myself, I burst out into fits of giggles.

"I don't know what came over me, he's never fought me that hard before. I'm sorry you had to see that Emma" Romans head drops to my neck nuzzling against it.

I inhale sharply at the sensation, the heat instantly returning to my stomach. Steeling myself I slap him playfully on the back causing his head to snap up in confusion.

"Don't you think we should go see what Chuck wanted?" a smirk pulled at my lips now when I saw Romans face drop, knowing that I was right.

I hear him huff as he pulls himself off of me. My body instantly began to ache at the loss of him against me, I had to stop myself from demanding that he return immediately and finish what he started. The rational part of me however knew that this wasn't the time or the place.

Hoping off the table I found my T-shirt that had been ripped apart by Romans teeth. I knew there was no way I was going to be able to wear it ever again, but it would have to do for now. Putting the shirt on backwards, I knot the ripped pieces together at the back turning it into a make shift crop top.

Looking over at Roman I see him eyeing his own shirt that I had ripped to shreds with my nails, he turns his head to look at me with his eyebrow raised a smug look on his face.

"Erm...it was like that when I found it?" I said looking anywhere but at him and his ruined T-shirt.

Romans head falls back as a bark of laughter escapes him, he shoves his shirt into the back pocket of his jeans as he turns to face me.

"You are not going out there dressed like that." he said with a frown, taking in my newly invented top.

"Oh I am sorry. Well I suppose if you don't like the shirt I could always go out there without it" even though the sarcasm was practically dripping from my words Roman didn't seem to pick up on it.

"You will do no such thing!" he roars, his eyes were flickering from gold to black.

"Kidding!" I squeaked holding my hands out in front of me.

Watching him realise that I had been being teasing him was priceless. Seeing as sarcasm was pretty much a second langue to me, he would have to get better at picking up on it. My laugher fills the room as Roman just shook his head at me, lowering his head he presses his lips to mine pulling me intoo his side. Interlocking our fingers we head out the door to find Chuck.

***

We didn't have to look far as we found Chuck slumped on the black leather sofa in the foyer, looking a very unhealthy shade of white. When he heard us approach his head snaps up and he shakily rose to his feet.

"Chuck are you ok?" I ask taking in the boys appearance.

"I'm fine, I'm sorry for the interruption Alpha I shouldn't of barged in like that" he gulped his eyes locking onto his feet as he addresses Roman.

"It's ok Chuck it's our fault we got a little...carried away" I answer slowly, after it became apparent that Roman wasn't going to.

"What did you need from me" Roman said his tone hard which shocks me because of how quickly his demeanour had changed.

"Actually Alpha, it was Emma I was looking for" Chuck said looking sheepishly up at me.

Roman growls low causing Chuck to drop his head again, I shoot him a warning look, wanting Chuck to continue. Romans grip tightens on my hand, causing me to instinctively run my thumb up and down his.

"Chuck, please continue" I said causing him to look up at my again. 

"I don't know if you know this, but I handle all the electronic security for the compound. I manage all the cameras and gates. A part of that is checking the days security footage" he explains.

I notice the sound of excitement and pride fill his voice as he speaks, something I'd never heard from Chuck before he clearly felt very passionately about electronics. But as he went on I was getting more and more frustrated, sort of wishing he would hurry up and tell what it was he needed from me at this time of night, because his rambling was making me anxious.

"Get to the point Chuck" Roman said sternly as if reading my thoughts, or maybe he just also wanted Chuck to hurry it up.

"Yes of course sorry Alpha, I've been looking through todays footage as I do every night, and something odd has caught my attention over the past couple of weeks. Mr Crane has been returning from your house as he does now every night since you have been here. But the strange thing is, every time he pulls into the compound not long after him a black car approaches the gates waits for a while then drives off, as if it has been following him here from your house."

Chuck was still looking very nervous, and it was becoming more and more clear that his ghostly appearance wasn't just a result of his near death experience at the hands of Roman.
I could see that Roman was still weighing out what Chuck had told us, but I could also see the boy was clearly shaken and only getting more so as the seconds tick by.

"Chuck what are you not telling us?" I press knowing there must be a good reason for the state he is currently in.

"The car, it didn't leave tonight. It's still there" he said quietly

Before Chuck could even finish his sentence Roman let go of my hand and was barrelling towards the front door at an incredible speed, his growl echoing in his wake. By the time he reached the front steps of the house his eyes were void of all colour, and his canines were gleaming in the moonlight.

❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆

Another chapter is up!

Poor Chuck
It's about to get very interesting...Who do you think is outside?!

Thank you so much for reading.

Please remember to vote, comment and follow

Also had a complete of people asking so if you want to follow my social media's my usernames are in my profile bio feel free to add!

See you on Sunday!

-S.Snow

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 789 66
Ryan King is an Alpha desperately trying to hold his pack together. Between the blood thirsty enemy packs wanting to take what's his, a council that...
552 62 13
♥♥♥More than a decade has passed since the revelation of the existence of the Species to the world. Despite this, these extraordinary beings continue...
1.4M 50.9K 58
(Complete) Wrenley moves to Waindale, the place where her mother grew up and where her grandmother still lives. Between the pine trees and above the...
83.3K 6.7K 48
After Jared's mate, Amelia, left him for good, he had given up all hope of ever finding love again. That was until he discovered the Moon Goddess had...